Office to Prepare Countermeasures for Industrial ''•'astes Disposal.
Environmental Sanitation Section. Public Health Department.
Osaka Prefectural Government. The story about industrial
wastes. (Osaka) 1969. 21p. N.C. 10
Japanese Government Documents
Environment Agency. Japan. Pollution related diseases and relief
measures in Japan. (Tokyo) May 1972. 28p. iiap. Report
submitted to the UN Conference on the Human Environment.
? 150. 13
Environmental pollution control equipment industr;-. (Trade and
Industry of Japan, Vol. 20, (l66). No. 12, December 1971.
60p. Partial contents: Environmental pollution in Japan
and countermeasures. - Establishment of aivironment Agency,
- Techniques for prevention of environment pollution. 1^6
37. CPL Exchange Bibliography #lii|7
Environment Directorate. Organization for Economic Co-Operation
and Development. Instances, if any, trhere costAienefit
analysis has been applied to environmental problems; Japan.
Paris; OECD, 1972. 6p. N.C. Document No. 852U8. l6, kO
Asahi Shimbun. Japan Quarterly. (Tokyo) $7.00 per year.
Primarily, a journal of commentary on social, cultural and
political affairs in Japani articles on environmental issues
of current interest appear occasionally. 6
Japan Information Service. Japan report. (New York) N.C. The
twice monthly eight to ten page newsletter of the Consulate
General of Japan. It contains news and comment on all
aspects of the country, including the environment. A series
of survey articles reviewing the planning policies of Japan's
major cities appear in the mid-April through Jime 1973 issues.
Annual subject indexes are available. Permanent subscriptions
may be placed without charge for postage. 62
Japan Society of Air Pollution. Journal of the Japan Society of
Air Pollution. (Tokyo) Twice yearly journal containing
highly technical and specialized articles in Japanese with
English summaries on all aspects of air pollution and its
Tokyo Metropolitan Government. Tokyo municipal news. (Tokyo)
N.C. A ten to fifteen page monthly providing information
about the city, and especially its problems . Issues often
have a single theme, e.g., transportation planning! garbage
disposal! the Forld Conference of Cities . A cumulative
subject index for the period 1967-1971 was published in the
January-February 1972 issue. Permanent subscriptions may be
placed without charge for postage. 63
Utility Research Center. Environmental protection and industry.
(Tokyo) $15.00 per year. A bimonthly joiirnal featuring
technical articles on the Japanese pollution control equipment
industry, nontechnical articles on environmental topics, and
a useful natioraride environmental news summary. 6I
Water Japan. (Tokyo) Contains both technical and nontechnical
articles on all facets of the management of the country's
scarce water resources .
38. CPL Exchange Bibliography §hhl
1. Council of Planning Librarians, Post Office Box 229>
i'lonticellOj Illinois, 61856.
2. University of Michigan Press, 6l5 East University,
Ann Arbor, Michigan.
3. Japan Center for Area Development Research, lino Bldg.,
1-1 Uchisaiwai-cho, 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
U. American Universities Field Staff, Post Office Box 150,
Hanover, Wexj Hampshire, 03755*
5. Fuji Bank, Ltd., Research Division, 1-5-5, Ote-machi,
6. Japan Publications Trading Co., P. 0. Box 5030,
Tokyo International, Tokyo.
7. Jishu Koza, Maruyama Bldg., University of ToIq'-o, I-II1-8 Hcngo,
Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113 •
8. General Affairs Division, Bureau of Environmental Protection,
Tokyo Metropolitan Government, 5-I5 Marunouchi 3-chome,
9. Environment Department, Aichi Prefectural Government,
1-2, 3-San'nomaru, Nakaku, Nagoya, Aichi UfcO.
10. Environmental and Public Health Bureau, Osaka I'hinicipal
Government, Semba Center No. 7 Building, Higashi-ku, Osaka.
11. Tokyo Metropolitan Research Institute for Environmental
Protection, Tokyo Metropolitan Government, 5, Yuraku-cho
2-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
12. International Affairs Division, Environment Agency, 3-1-1
Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
13. Government Publications Service Center, No. 2-1, 1-chome,
Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100.
lit. National Institute of Resources, Science and Technology
Agency, 3-2-2 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
15. The Institute of Public Health, i4-6-l, Shirokanedai,
Minato-ku, Tokyo, IO8.
16. OECD Publications Center, Suite 1207, 1750 Pennsylvania, N.\J.,
Washington, D.C., 20006.
17. River Bureau, Ministry'- of Construction, 2-1-3, Kasumigaseki,
39. CPL Exchange Bibliography #hhl
18. Industrial I/ater Division, Ministrj^ of International Trade and
Industry, 1-3-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
19. Sabo Section, River Bureau, Ministry of Construction, 2-1-3,
Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Toltyo.
20. The Medical Associaticn of Akishima, 1-7-3, Tamagawa-machi,
21. Aerodrome Department, Civil Aviation Bureau, Ministry of
Construction, 2-1-3 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
22. Geographical Reports of Tokyo Metropolitan University, Library,
Department of Geography, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 2-1-1,
Fuazawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo.
23. Tokyo Institute of Civil Engineering, Tokyo Metropolitan
Government, (Tokyo-to Doboku Gijutsu Kenlcyujo), No. 10,
Shibatakahama-cho, Minato-ku, Tokyo.
2li. Imprime en Belgique par Ceuterick s.a., Brusselse straat 153,
3000-Louvain, Adm.-dir. L. Pitsi, Berterase baan 2$, 3008-
25. Utility Research Center Ltd., 8-15, Nishi, Ikebukuro 5-chome,
Toshima-ku, Tokyo 171.
26. Information Office, The Population Council, 2l;5 Park Avenue,
New York, New York, 10017 .
27. Kazoku-keikaku, Kokusai-Kyoryoku Zaidan, Hoken Kaikan 1-2,
Ichigaya Sunadohara-machi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo.
28. Professor Yukihida Okano, The Japan Section of the Regional
Science Associaticn, Faculty of Economics Bldg., The
University of Tokyo, 7-3-1, Kongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113.
29. Regional Science Association, Wharton School, University of
Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19101;.
30. Publications Division, Institute of Population Problems,
Ministry of Health and Welfare, 1-2-2 Kasumigaseki,
31. Wheel Extended, Projects Liaison and Data Section, Gendai
Advanced Studies Research Organization, 3-l8, 2-chome,
Kudan Mnami, Chiycda-ku, Tokyo 102.
32. Social Science Research Institute, International Christian
University, Osawa 3-10-2, Mtaka, Tokyo.
33. The Associaticn of Japanese Geographers, c/o Department of
Geography, Faculty of Science, University of Tokyo, 7-3-1,
Kongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tolryo 113 .
liO. CPL Exchange Bibliography #14;7
3ii. Institute of Urban and Regional Development, University of
California, Berkeley, California.
3$. Japan Publications Trading Co. (U.S.A.) Inc., 12$5 Harard
Street, San Francisco, California, 9U103 .
36. Universitjr Press of Hawaii, 535 Ward Avenue, Honolulu,
37. Bureau of Port and Harbor, Tokyo Metropolitan Government,
8-1 Harunouchi 3> Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
38. City of Nagoya, City Hall, 1-1, Sannomaru 3-chome, Naka-ku,
39. Japan Housing Corporation, Ministry of Constructicn, 2-1-3,
Kasumigaseki, Chiycda-ku, Tokyo.
liO. Environment Directorate, Organisation for Economic
Co-Operation and Development, 2, rue Andre-Pascal, Paris-l6e,
iil. City Planning Division, Ministry of Constructicn, 2-1-3,
Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
[|.2. Tokyo Ejcpressway Public Corporation, 5 Shiba, Toranomon,
It3. Institute of Economic Research, Nagoya University, Wagoya.
hk' Industrial Location Section, Ministry of International Trade
and Industry, 1-3-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
US' National Capital Region Development Commission, Office of the
Prime Minister, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
)j.6. Japan Trade Center-Jetro, 1737 Post, San Francisco, California.
lj.7. Institute of Geography, Faculty of Science, Tohoku University,
U8. Chairman, Department of Geography, Faculty of Science,
University of Tokyo, 1-11^-8 Kongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113 .
k9. Maruzen Co. Ltd., 6 Tori-Nichome Nihonbashi, Tokj^o 103,
P.O. Box 5050, Tokyo International 100-31.
50. Public Relations Section, General Affairs Department,
Teito Rapid Transit Authority, 19-6, Higashi Ueno 3-chome,
51. Statistics Arrangement Section, Statistics Division, Bureau
of General Affairs, Tokyo Metropolitan Government, 5-1*
Marunouchi 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokj^o.
Ul. CPL Exchange Bibliography #Ui;7
52. Population Census Section, Siirvey Division, Bureau of
Statistics, 9^, ¥akamatsu-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo.
S3- Tokyo Real Estate Co., Osaka Building, Wibanchi 1-chome,
Kyobashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo.
Sh- Overseas Department, Hasshu Surveying Co., Ltd., 6-9-21,
Nishishinjulcu, Shinjuky-ku, Tokyo.
55. Nippon Kokuseisha Co., l8-2ii Kohinata 1-chome, Bunkyo-ku,
56. City Planning Section, Urban Development Bureau, Kyoto City
57. Taiseido Book Center, Shibuya, Tokyo. (Agent for over-the-
counter sales only.)
58. Chizu Kyohan, Tokyo, through local bookstores. (Agent for
mail order sales.)
59. Tokyo Area, Road Planning Section, Ministrj?- of Construction,
2-1-3 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
60. Circulation Department, S-h) Shibaura It-chome, Minato-ku,
61. Utility Research Center, Ltd., 8-1^, Nishi Ikebukiiro 5-chome,
Toshima-l<u, Tokyo 1?!.
62 . Consulate General of Japan, 235 East U2nd Street, Nei-i York,
NeiT York, 1001? .
63. Editorial and Distribution Office, The Liaison and Protocol
Section, External Affairs and Tourist Division, Bureau of
General Affairs, Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Iferunouchi,
3 -5-1 5 Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.
6i;. Tokyo Gakugei University, Geography Institute, U-1-1
Nukuikitamachi, Koganei-shi, Tol^yo 181; .
65. Siitiul Press, Inc., Kowa Daisan Building, l-ll-li5 Akasaka,
Minato-ku, Tokyo 107.
COUNCIL OF PLAl^mUvTG LIBRARIANS Exchange Bibliography' #iil;7
A BIBLICGRAPHY OF RECENT ENVIRONi^'IENTAL MID RELATED PUBLICATIONS
ON JAPAN ni aiGLISH
Additional copies available from;
Council of Planning Librarians
Post Office Box 229
Mcnticello, Illinois, 6I856