Is the property of the city. Stnted meetings first
Monday of each month. The company has forty-
six active members on the roll. The first fore-
man was David L. Beck, succeeded by Mathew
Mclntire, as acting foreman, and Ira Cole, D. L.
Beck, Thomas J. Smith, John D. Swift, L. Stivers
and the present foreman. Officers â Foreman,
Cornelius Mooney; First Assistant, George B.
Blasdell; Second Assistant, James E. Kirby
Secretary, William H. Buckley; Treasurer,
_ No. 3, Howard Engine Company.â House
situated on south side of California Street, near
Sansom. Company organized June 15th, 1850
founded by Samuel Branuan, "W. D. M. Howard
and J. L. Folsom, and admitted into the Depart-
ment June 16th, 1850. The house now occupied
by the company is a commodious three story
building recently erected at a cost of, includin->-
the furniture, $14,400; of which the city paid
$6,000. Size of buUding 23 feet front by sixty
feet deep. Cost of lot $7,000, purchased by the
city. Hunneman style of engine, cost $3,000,
and is the property of the city. Size of cylin-
ders, 6 inches; capacity, 409-91 cubic inches.
No. 3 has fifty-six active members on tlie roll.
Stated meetings first "Wednesday in each month.
The first foreman was J. S. Eagan, who was
succeeded respectively by F. E. R. Whitney,
George Melius, F. E. R. Whitney, (second
term) Jacob Wells, Caleb Clapp, W. H.
Patten, F. E. R. Whitney, (third term) W. T.
Chase, D. W. Crane, Frederick L. Tyler and H.
W. Burkes, who was succeeded by the present
foreman. Officers â Foreman, F. E. R. Whitney ;
First Assistant, T. M. Naughton; Second A&sist
ant, W. 0. F. Smith ; Secretary, J. 0. B. Ken-
nedy; Treasurer, Edward Babson.
No. 4, California Engine Co. â House situated
on north side Market near Battery Street. Com-
pany organized September 7th, 1850 ; admitted
into the Department September 9th, 1850. The
house is two stories in hight, built of briek,
cemented ; the lot is 62 feet 6 inches in depth
by 27 feet in width ; purchased by the cit}' and
cost $5,000. The house was built by the city at
a cost of $7,200, of which amount the company
paid $700. Style of engine, Hunneman, cylin-
ders, 6J inches ; capacity, 41 1 cubic inches ;
cost $4,200, and is the property of the company.
Stated meetings held last Monday of each month.
No. 4 has forty active members on the roll. The
first foreman was George M. Garwood, who was
scuceeded by George N. Shaw, Herman R. Haste,
Charles R. Bond, Charles S. Simpson, Augustus
J. Ellis, Isaiah W. Lees, W. S. O'Brien, John W.
Farren and P. A. O'Brien, respectivelj'. Officers
â President, C. O'Connor ; Foreman, Charles H.
Ackerson ; First Assistant. J. J. Conlin ; Second
Assistant, John Enright ; Secretary, Alex. Hertz ;
Treasurer, C. H. Williams.
No. 5, Knickeriocher Engine Company. â House
situated on the north side Sacramento near San-
som Street. Company organized October 17th,
1850; admitted into the Department, October 19,
1850. The house is three stories in hight, built
of granite; cost $13,200, built by the city. The
lot is 16 feet by 59 feet 2 inches, and was pur-
chased by the city for $5,000. The last Legisla-
ture authorized an expenditure of $7,000 for the
expenses of a new building for the company, and
arrangements are now in progress for the imme-
diate erection of a structure that will meet fully
the requirements of the company. New York style
of engine, constructed by Jas. Smith, first class.
Size of cylinders, 10 inches ; stroke ^l inches ;
cost $4,000, of which $2,000 was paid by the
company. Stated meetings held first Monday of
each month. Number of active members, forty-
eight. The first foreman of the company was
James H. Cutter, who was succeded by Charles
E. Buckingham. Tiie third foreman was James
E. Nuttman, who was followed by Edward S.
Spear, who was succeeded by E. B. Yreeland,
James E. Nuttman (second term) William B.
Fairman, Lafayette Stivers, E. Jacob Chase and
William N. Smith. The present officers are â
Foreman, William B. Fairman ; First Assistant,
James 11. Rojuolds ; Second Assistant, William i
Luwrie; Secretary, George II. Tliomas; Treas-
urer, lleury K. Reed.
No. 6, Monumental Engine Company. â IloiiPe
situated on Ureiiiiam Place, between Washington
and Clay streets. Company organized September
10, 1850; admitted into the iJefiartment Sep-
tember 12, 1850. Tlie house is two stories in
liight, the tirst of granite, the second of free-
stone, and is of the Corinthian stylo of arcliitec-
ture. Tiie lot is 22 by 65 feet, purchased by the
city for $3,500 ; the house, which contains a fine
librar}' of over one thousand volumes, was built
by the city and cost Â§10,500, of which amount
the company expended $4,000. This company
has two tirst class engines. One a hand
steamer, built by Lee & Larned, Novelty Works,
New York city. Annular boiler, rotary pumps;
weight, 6,300 pounds. Cost $5,500. This is
the pioneer steam-engine of the State, it having
been received by way of Panama, per John L.
Stephens, September 2, 1860, and placed in
active service February 2, 1861. Tlie other is
a Baltimore style hand engine, constructed by
J. Rodgers ; cost $6,000, paid for by the company ;
size of cylinders, 10 inch; capacity 6G7uO culjic
inches. The company has fift^'-three active
members on their roll. Stated meetings lirst
Tuesday of each mouth. The first foreman of
No. 6 was George H. Hossefross, who was suc-
ceeded by \V. il. Silverthorn, and the present
foreman. Ojjicers â Foreman, John L. Durkee ;
First Assistant, Walter J. Bohen; Second As-
sistant, Sam'l Bendit ; Secretary, Geo. W. Oor-
bell ; Treasurer, Joshua J. Crecry.
No. 7, Volunteer Engine Company. â House
situated on the north side of Pine, between Mont-
gomery and Sansom streets. Company organ-
ized June 17, 1854; admitted into the Depart-
ment June 20, 1854. The house is two stories
in hight ; the first of iron, the second of brick,
cemented, and is of the Italian order of archi-
tecture. The lot is 22 by 65 feet, and cost the
city .$6,500. The house was built by the city
for $7,300, of which amount the company ex-
pended .$500. The engine in use by the com-
pany is a now second class lluuueman. Size of
cylinders 6^ inches, stroke 16 inches. Cost
$1,653, paid by the city. The company has 45
active members on their roll. Staled meetings
first Thursday of each month. The first foreman
of No. 7 was Caleb Clapp, who was succeeded
by John M. Haskell, in whose place John C.
Lane was elected, who was succeeded by W. 0.
Farnsworth, M. G. Searing, G. W. Knowlton, and
the present foreman. Ojficers â President, C. W.
Field ; Foreman, Richard Ryland ; First Assist-
ant, John J. Regan; Second Assistant, Thomas
A. Murray; Secretary, Thomas J. Shields; Trea-
surer, John S. Wilson.
No. 8, Pacific Engine Company. â House situ-
ated on the north side of Jackson, between Davis
and Front streets. Company organized August
2, 1853; admitted into the Department Septem-
ber 19, 1853. The lot is 22 feet 6 inciies by 80
fVet, and was purchased by the city for $6,000.
The houso is two Htoriea in hight ; biiilt of brick,
cemented, and is in tiie Corinthianorder of archi-
tecture; it was built by the city at a cost of
$7,600, of which amount the company <'ri>fiided
$1,100. Stylo of engine Jeflers' <o, 9
inch cylinder and 'J inch stroke. ' . ,000,
and is the property of the city. Stated meetings
first Tuesday of each month. The company has
50 active members on their roll. The first fore-
man of No. 8 was Bricrly Oakley, who was suc-
ceeded l)y Cornelius Walsh and M. S. Xeefiis, J.
II. Gilcliristand the present foreman. Officers â
President. F.T.Allen; Foreman, P. H. Daly;
First As.sistant, Thos. Jerrett ; Second Assistant,
Rirchaid Lesncy ; Secretary, T. B. Robinson ;
Treasurer, Henry Holje.
No. 9, Vigilant Engine Company. â Houpo sit-
uated on westerly side of Stockton, between
Broadway and Pacific streets. Company organ-
ized February 22, 1852; admitted into the De-
partment April 8, 1852. The house is two sto-
ries high, built of brick, front cemented; Gothic
style of arthilecture. The lot is 22 feet 6 inches
front by 80 feet deep; bought by the city
for $6,000. The Jiouso was also built by the
city at a cost of $7,300, of which amount the
company expended ,$800. Style of engine side-
stroke, piano deck, built by Jefi'ers', Rhode Island,
property of the city, and cost ,$3,000. Size of
cyhadcrs, 10 inch. Stated meetings second Mon-
day of each month. The company has 42 mem-
bers. Martin R. Roberts was the first foreman
of the company, and was succeeded by Wm. H.
Bovee, John Sliort, J. F. Fitzpatrick, John Short
(second term) and the present foreman. OtJicers â
President, G. H. Ames; Foreman, ('. 1' ' ' Mineli ;
First .Assistant, H. D. Hudson ; Secuml .distant,
Charles W. White ; Recording Secretary, William
J. Jenkins; Financial Secretary, Wm. Godfrey;
Treasurer Cephas Turner, jr.
No. 10, Crescent Engine Company. â House
situated on north side of Pacific between Mont-
gomery and Kearny streets. Company organized
October 25th, 1852; admitted into the Depart-
ment November 4th, 1852. The house is two
stories in hight ; the first of granite, the second
of brick, cemented; styloof architecture, modem
Italian. Lot 20 feet by 68 feet 6 inches, and
purchased by the city at a cost of $5,000. House
constructed by the city at a cost of ,$(;,900, of
which amount the company expended $400.
Tliis company have in service anew second-class
engine, made by Cowing & Co., Seneca Falls, N.
Y., purchased at an expense of $2,300, of which
the city paid $1,500. Size of cylinders, 8i ;
stroke, 7 A inclies, the property of the city. The
company has forty-nine active members on the
roll. Stated meetings first Tuescjay of each
month. The first foreman was James Herbert,
succeeded by James P. Casey, in whose place
Jas. Herbert was elected, who was succeeded by
J. C. Curry, Wm. Free, K. Evans and the present
foreman. Ojficers â Foreman, Charles MtCann;
First Assistant, Nathaniel Cromer ; Second As-
sistant, James S. Allen ; Secretary, Francis At-
kinson ; Treasurer, Daniel Gaetz.
No. 11, Colambian Engine Company. â House
SAN FRANCISCO DIRECTORY.
situated north side Bush betweeu Kearny and
Dupout streets. Company organized October
12th, 1852; admitted into the Department, No-
vember 3d, 1852. The lot is 24 by 60 feet, the
properly of the city, costing $4:,000. The house
is two stories in hight, the first of freestone, the
second of pressed brick ; the amount expended
in its construction was $7,100, of which amount
the company appropriated $600 ; the building
belongs to the city : New York style of engine,
piano deck, cost $i5,200, and is owned by the
city; size of cylinder, scaiit 8 inch; capacity,
412-73 cubic inches. The company lias fifty-two
active members on the roll. Stated meetings
first Wednesday of each mouth. The first fore-
man was John D. Brower, who was succeeded
respectively by Daniel N. Tucker, J. D. Brower,
(second term) A. Devoe, C. Gray, Wm. Brannan,
Robert Cushing, Alex. Devoe, John Penuycook,
and the present foreman. ' 0Â£iceis â President,
George T. Bohen; Foreman, Robert Gushing;
First Assistant, J. D. Butler; Second Assistant,
Frederick Weilienheiser ; Secretary, Charles H.
Bartlett ; Treasurer, F. G. E. Tittel.
No. 12, Pennsylvania Fire Company. â House
situated on north side Jackson be:ween Kearny
and Dupont streets. Company organized Sep-
tember 14:th, 1852 ; admitted into the Department
November 4:th, 1852. The house is three stories
in higlit, the first of granite, the others of brick,
cemeuted ; style of architecture, Corinthian. Cost
$12,500, built by the city; of the amount ex-
pended the company appropriated $5,500. The
lot is 24 leet front by 90 feet ; purchased by the
city for $7,000. The company are the owners
of a powerful steam apparatus built by Neafie &
Levy, Philadelphia. The latter was received by
the company on the 17 day of January, 1861,
under contract authorized by a resolution passed
March 7, 1860. Cylinder 8 inch bore, 12 inch
stroke; pump ik inch bore, 12 inch stroke. Also
a hose-carriage capable of carrying 1,000 feet of
hose. Cost of engine $4,339 25; carriage,
$761 30; of which amount the company con-
tributed the sum of $2,800, the balance havmg
been subscribed by the citizens of the city.
Stated meetings first Wednesday of each month.
Number of active members forty-five. The first
foreman of the company was H. S. Brown, the
second Robert B. Quayle, who was succeeded by
Edward T. Batturs, John Hanna, Robert Pollock,
Frauk G. Edwards, John Hanna (second term)
and the present mcumbent. Officers â President,
Franklin L. Jones ; Foreman, Frank G. Edwards ;
First Assistant, W. J. Bell; Secretary, James S.
I Thompson ; Treasurer, Thomas Tennent.
No. 13, Toung America Engine Company. â
House situated on Sixteenth between Guerrero
and Valencia streets, Mission Dolores. Com-
pany organized February 7, 1854; admitted into
the Department April 12th, 1854. The house
and iuclosure were built by the city at a cost of
$8,300, of which amount the company appropriat-
ed $500. It is two stories in bight, built of
granite, in the Elizabethan style of architecture.
The lot, 22 by 85 feet, cost $600, bought by the
city. Style of engine. New York, constructed
by James Smith, cost $2,000, purchased by the
city ; size of cylinders 6 inches. The company
has sixty active members on the roll. Stated
meetings first Friday of each month. The first
foreman was James G. Deniston, who was suc-
ceeded by S. Courtier, in whose place M. Hayes
was elected, who was succeeded by the present
foreman. Officers. â Foreman, "\Vm. Shear ; First
Assistant, P. McAntee; Second Assistant, L.
O'Rourke; Secretary, M. Lynch; Treasurer, Ed-
No. 14, Tiger Engine Company. â House situat-
ed on westerly side of Second between Howard
and Natoma streets. Company organized Febru-
ary 22d, 1855 ; admitted into' the Department
December 17, 1855. The house is a brick build-
ing, and cost, to complete, $7,500. Size of lot
25 feet %vide hj 80 feet in depth. This company
has a powerful Hunneman engine, purchased at
an expense of $3,500 ; size of cylinders 6 5-7
inches, owned by the company. The company
has forty-four members upon the roll. Stated
meetings first Monday of each month. The first
foreman of the company was Caleb Clapp, who
was succeeded by P. C. "Wilkinson, John Carroll,
A. J. Houghtaling and the present foreman. Offi-
cers. â Foreman, John Carroll ; First Assistant,
Wm. H. Parcells : Second Assistant, John Barr ;
Recording Secretary, Charles Taylor; Financial
Secretary, John Brewster, jr. ; Treasurer, Peter
No. 1, St. Francis Hook and Ladder Company. â
House situated on Dupont, westerly side, between
Clay and Sacramento streets. Company organ-
ized June 15, 1850; admitted into the Depart-
ment June 17, 1850. The house is two stories in
hight, built of brick cemented. Style of archi-
tecture, a combination of Ionic and Corinthian.
Cost of building, $7,000, of which amount the
company appropriated $500 ; it is owned by the
city. The lot is 23 by 60 feet, purchased by the
city for $5,000. Truck constructed m San Fran-
cisco, cost $4,500, paid for by the city. The com-
pany has fifty active members on the roll. Stated
meetiugs first Wednesday of each month. The
first foreman was Josepli C. Palmer, who was suc-
ceeded respectively by J. P. Buckley, G.W. Gibbs,
L. H. Robie, George A. Worn, Jacob Ezekiel, C.
Schultz, and the present foreman. Officers â
President, office abohshed; Foreman, Clias. A.
Crane ; First Assistant, Henry A. Chase ; Second
Assistant, M. Harris ; Secretary, F. B. Casas ;
Treasurer, I. H. Knowles.
No. 2, Lafayette Book and Ladder Company. â
House situated on southerly side of B oadway
between Stockton and Dupont streets. Company
organized June 1, 1853 ; admitted into the De-
partment, September 19th, 1853. The house is
two stories in hight, built of brick, cemented.
Italian style of architecture; cost $7,100, of
which amount the company appropriated $600 ;
owned by the city. Lot 22 feet 5 inches by 130
feet, bought by the city for $4,000. The truck
was constructed iu San Francisco; cost $4,500,
paid for by the city. The company has fifty-
nine active members on the roll. Stated meet-
iiiRS held first Tuesday of each month. The
first foreman was II. A. Cobb, wlio wasfiuccoed-
ed by T. A. Mitchell, D. Bovrat, L. Priidon, and
the presejit foreman. Offictis â President, J. B.
Pipne Diipuytren; Foreman, Paulin Huant; First
Assistant, Alexander Bourgeois ; Second Assist-
ant, Leon Louis; Secretary, F. Gamier; Treas-
urer, Henry Payot.
Exempt Fire Company. â Organized in accord-
ance with Section lo of an Act of the Legisla-
ture '' To regulate the Fire Department of the
city of San Francisco," approved March 25th,
1857, which reads as follows: "Exempt mem-
bers of the Department may organize themselves
to be known and designated as the Exempt Fire
Company, etc., and shall be entitled to equal re-
lief from the Fire Department Charitable Fund ;
but they shall have no vote, or other representa-
tion in the Department." Officers â President,
G. H. llossefross ; Vice President, William S.
O'Brien; Treasurer, John S. Ellis; Secretary, G.
A. Hobe. Annual election of officers, second
Monday in October. Quarterly Meetings, second
Monday of January, April, July, and October.
Admission fee. S2 ; quarterly dues, |1. Meet-
ings held at the Monumental Engine House; 138
Washington Hose Company No. 1. â Admitted
June 2."), 18fi2. House situated north side Green
above Stockton. Organized August 10, 18G0.
Expenses of organization contributed by the citi-
zens ol the Second District. Niunber of mem-
bers, twenty-five. Stated meetings first Wed-
resday of each month. OJjlcers â Foreman, Thos.
Finncrty ; First Assistant, Mathew Brady; Sec-
retary, Jolm F. Lyons ; Treasurer, John Nichol-
Liberty Hose Company No. 2. â Admitted June
25,1862. Organized February 2, 1861. House
situated 147 Fourth. Number of active members,
twcnt3'-five. Stated meetings, first Thursday of
each month. Officers â President, John D^ Rice;
Foreman, W. C. Fox ; Assistant Foreman, Thos.
McSweagan ; Secretary, A. H. Ciunmings ;
Financial Secretary, Henry Bockraan ; Treasurer,
FEDERAL AID STATE OFFICERS,
LOCATED AT SAN FRANCISCO.
Agent, Special, of the U. S. â Victor Smith, Act-
ing; office Custom House.
Army, U. S., Commandard Department of the
Pacific. â Brigadier-General U. S. A., George
Wright; office 742 Washington.
Army, U. S., Subsistence Department. â Lieut.
Col. R. C. Drum, U. S. A., Commissary of
Subsistence; office 742 Washington.
Army. U. S., PdyrncLster. â Lieut.-Colonel G. H.
llinggold. Deputy Paymaster General U. S.
A. ; office 742 Washington.
Army, U. S., Quartermaster^ s Department. â
Lieut.-Col. E. B. Babbitt, Deputy Quarter-
master General U. S. A.; office 742 Wash-
Court, Circuit. â Hon. M. Hall McAllister. Judge:
Henry C. Hyde, Clerk; C. W. Rand. U. s!
Marshal ; Court Room, IJ. S. Court Building.
Court District. â Hon. Ogden Hoffman, Judge;
William H. Chevers, Clerk; C. W. Rand,
U. S. Marshal; Court Room, U. S. Court
Coast Survey, Western Coast Division. â Officers
of the different departments: W. E. Green-
well, Assistant in charge of Primary and
Secondary Triangulation ; James S. Lawson,
Sub-Assistant in charge of Secondary Tri-
angulation and Topography ; Augustus F.
Rodgers, Assistant in charge of Topography;
Wm. M. Johnson, Sub-Assistant in charge
of Topography; David Kerr and Julius Kin-
cheloo, Aids in Topographical Party; Hor-
ace .Anderson, Aid in Triangulation Parly;
Captain B. F. Sands, \J. S. N., Commander
steamer Active, Hydrographic Party; Lieafc.
G. H. Elliott IT. S. Engineer, in charge of
the Tidal Observations; office Custom
House, third floor.
Collector Excise Ta.c. â Wm. Y. Patch ; Assessor,
Caleb T. Fay; office. 215 Front
Collector of the Port. â Ira P. Rankin ; office Cus-
Commissioners. U. S. â W. H. Chevers and
Henry C. Hyde; offices 6 and 16- U. S,
District- Attorney. â William H. Sharp; office 4
U. S. Court Building.
Indian Agent. â George M. Hanson, Northern
District; office 21 Federal Building, and J.
P. H. Wcntworth, Soutiiern District; office
SE corner Washington and Sansom.
Inspector of Boilers. â C. C. Bemis ;. office Custom
House, third floor.
InspecU.tr of Hulk. â J. T. Watkins; office Custom
House, third floor.
Land Ojjice. â Register, Vacancy; R. H. Waller,
Receiver; office SW cor Mout and Mtrch.
Light House Department^ Pacific Coast. â Twelflhi
L. H. District: Commodore Jas. M. Watson,
Inspector of the District;. Wm. Dall, clerk;
ollice Custom House, third floor. Ira P.
Rankin, ez-officio Superintendent of Lights.
J. Lermer, keeper Alcatraz Island ; M. E.
Lermer, assistant keeper do. T.. T. Unkles,
SAN FRANCISCO DIRECTORY.
keeper Point Bonita ; A. A. Unkles, assist-
ant do. J. F. Jenkins, keeper Fort Point;
Jane Jenkins assistant do. Ti)omas Taska,
keeper Farrallone Islands; M. B. Decker,
assistant do. ; Jacob Decker, do. do. ; C. M.
Underwood, do. do.
Mail A(/eni. â Charles Watrous; office Post
Marshal, U. S. â C. W. Rand ; Deputies, Marshall
R. Grant (chief), David R. McKee (book-
keeper), Jas. H. Rogers and Henry John-
son ; office 17 and 18 U. S. Court Building.
Mint, Superintendent of, Branch. â Robert J. Ste-
vens; office Commercial near Montgomery,
opposite Branch Mint.
Navy Agent. â RicbardChenery; office 420 Mont-
Pension Agent, U. S. A. â R. H. Waller; office 1
Fast Office.â S. H. Parker, Post Master ; W. H.
Stevens, Deputy ; office Post Office.
Purser, U. S. N. â Richard Chenery, Acting;
office 420 Montgomery
Surveyor- General for CaZ(/br?iza. -Â»- Edward F.
Bealo; Edward Conway, Chief Clerk; office
SW cor Washington and Battery.
Treasurer, U. S. Assistant. â D. W. Cheesman;
office U. S. Branch Mint.
Assayer, State. â B. B. Thayer, SE cor Montgom-
erj' and Sutter.
Commissioners in Equity. â C. McC. Delany, 519
Montgomery; W. G. Wood, 614 Merchant;
H. G. Worthington, NW cor Montgomery
Funded Commissioners 1851. â Office NW corner
Montgomery and Sacramento, Wm. M. Lent,
William Hooper, Samuel Knight and Charles
Ganger of Liquors. â D. B. Arrowsmith; office
Inspector of Wood. â George Hudson ; office 6
Inspector of Stamps. â Charles A. Crane and J.
W. Clierry ; office NW corner Washington
Land Locating Agent. â Leander Ransom ; oflSce
IsE cor Montgomery and California.
Notaries PwiZicâ Andrews W. 0. 630 Mont.
Barstow A. 24 Montgomery Block.
Cook C. W. SW cor Montgomery and Clay.
Cornwall P. B. 608 Merchant.
Dreschfeld Henry, 24 Naglee's Building.
Galan C. F. 9 Montgomery Block.
Grant Joseph, 428 Montgomery.
Haight Henry, GOT Clay.
Hassey F. A. 422 Montgomery.
Joice E. V. NE corner iiattery and Wash.
Knox George T. SW cor Mont and Merch.
Mathewson T. D. 604 Montgomery.
Merry T. B. 619 Mercliant.
Parker William C. 606 Merchant.
Perkins J. A. 502 Montgomery.
Randall A. G. 327 Montgomery.
Sawyer 0. V. 608 Montgomery,
Sinton R. H. 406 Montgomery. '
Thibanlt F. J. 602 Clay.
Wiggins W. W. 608 Montgomery.
Pilot Commissioners. â Office Merchants' Ex-
change ; J. B. Thomas, President ; Chas C.
Hall, Wildes T. Thompson, Albert Dibblee
and R. P. Johnson, Commissioners; R. P.
Pilots, Btnecia and Mare Island. â C. H. Harrison,
(resident) 617 Front.
Pilots, Merchant's Line. â Office 7 Vallejo. Pilots :
Samuel C. Nathan and John Mahan. Boat
Pilots, Old Line. â Office, west side Front between
Broadway and Vallejo, (up stairs.) Pilots :
William H. Kentzel, Charles Mayo, and
John A. May. Boat Relief.
Pilots. Opposition Line. â Office, southwest corner
Washington and East, (up stairs.) Pilots:
William W. Neal, Edward H. Palmer, Chas.
L. Abbott, Wm. E. Domett, A. A. Bucking-
ham and Henry Van Ness. Boats Caleb
Curtis and Daniel Webster.
Pilots, New Line. â Office, southwest corner of
Vallejo and Davis. Pilots : Oliver S. Calott,
Jas. Daley, Henry Keyser, Freeman Trask,
J. L. Fowler, Frank Murphy, George Porter,