John Gibson.

History of York County Pennsylvania From the Earliest Time to the Present online

. (page 144 of 218)
Online LibraryJohn GibsonHistory of York County Pennsylvania From the Earliest Time to the Present → online text (page 144 of 218)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


.... 20


Moore, James, 135 acres


106




infi


Markle Henry 100 acres


80


Geiselman. Michael, 300 acres 336


Neas, Michael, 240 acres


239


Geiselman, Michael, Jr


20


Nunemaker. Solomon, 150 acres


133


Gunkel, Michael, 327 acres


. . . . 315


Olenger, Peter 300 acres


189


Gerberick, Michael, 92 acres


... 108


Oar, John, 50 acres.


40


Groff, Francis, 300 acres


... 303


01b,John, 200 acres


349


Hess, Henry ■


.... 20


Patterson, William, 150 acres


160




... 18


Peternan, Daniel, 173 acres

Relier, Abraham, 190 acres


163


Hildebrand, Jacob, 100 acres


... 130


205


Hendricks, Adam, 100 acres


. ... 108


Ringman.StofOel


20




... 179




149






Resh. Christian, Estate


140








196


Hilderbrand, Casper, 100 acres


... 224


Rierman, Jacob, 102 acres


55


Hilderbrand. Felix, 200 acres


... 108


Roser,Lorentz, 56 acres


103








208


Hedrick, Jacob, 50 acres

Herdt Martin 100 acres








104


Robert Peter


103








Hartmau, Tobias, 145 acres


... 135


Rothenheiser,Peter


1?'^


Hess, Ulrich, 244 acres


... 202


Setz, Jolm


].:o




... 221




174


Trone, George




Spillter, Jacob, 150 acres


117


Kaltreider, George, 200 acres


128


Sitz, Adam, Jr. , 100 acres


129


38


Sitz Joseph 100 acres


20


Kollar, Baltzer, 1 fulling mi'll", ieo acres . . .
Korbman, Daniel, 1 grist-mill, 1 saw-mill.


220




"0


314


Shafer, Adam ^ . .








Snyder, Abraham, 139 acres

Schwartz, Andre w, 200 acres




Kleinfelder, George, 140 acres


... 148


240






Smith, Andrew. 80 acres

Swartz, Conrad, 80 acres


1(18


Kleinfelder, John, 300


... 313


Ill


Koller, Jacob, 100 acres

Keller, John, 140 acres








... 195


Shenelber's Estate, 1 grist-mill, 1 saw


-mill, 150


Keller, Jacob, 150 acres


... 136


acres


212




... 63


Shwartz, Henry, 80 acres


105




... 164


Snider, John, 150 acres


175




... 179


Shwarl z, Jacob,' 100 acres


96


Kleinfelder, Michael, 1 oil-mill, 1 distillery,


380


Schmitt, John, 50 acres


30




... 400


Shneider, John, 133 acres


108


Klatfelter Michael 132 acres


... 120


Shmitt John 150 acres


181


Kenstler Michael 100 acres


... 101


Shneider Michael 78 acres


69






Shmitt,Peter. 110 acres

Shneider.Phillip, 310 acres

Shafer, Philip, 350 acres










Krim, Philip, 40 acres.


... 44


438


Kladfelter, Casper




Sweney, James, 300 acres


173


Lucas, Adam, 100 acres


... 86


Shafer, Catharine, 200 acres


123


Lau, John, 400 acres.


... 344


Sheldon, James, 100 acres


78


Lau, Joshua, 190 acres


... 177


Smith,Adam, 110 acres. .~.


122


Lange, George, 150 acres


... 151


Shilling, Sebastian, 100 acres


104




Stabler, Christian, 2.50 acres

Stein, Jacob. 112 acres


283


Lau, Philips, estate, 300 acres


. ... 195


135


Lang, Henry, 50 acres :

Leibenstein. John


.... 50






Stermer,John, 150 acres


133


Leibenstein, Michael. 150 acres


. ... 147


Stabler, John 100 acres


97



706



HISTORY OF YORK COUNTY.



Taylor, George £148

Wildgoose, James 26

Waltimier, George, 100 acres 93

Wagner, Henry,84 acres 85

Wiley, Acquila, 110 acres 110

Wilay, William, 100 acres 96

Wilay, Zachary, 75 acres 72

Yamal. Jesse, 100 acres 101

Yost, Nicholas, 30 acres 63

Zech, Michael, 70 acres 63

Anderson, William 40

Ehrhardt, John, 199 acres 80

Ehrhardt, William, 196 acres 98

Erstone, Peter, 260 acres 263

Faire, George 25

Fleishman, Martin, 100 acres 88

'Guest, George, 85 acres 75

Hendricks, Adam Jr., 200 acres 110

Hise, Wendel, 50 acres 80

Jenians, Williams

Lawson, John, 200 acres 140

SINGLE MEN.

Bates. Eli;is 18

Beard, John ' 18

Beck, Jacob

Berry, Abraham

Fouss, John

Gallaway, Hugh

Gerbenck, John

Gordon, John

Hartman, John

Hendricks, Thomas

Henry, Christian

Hildebrand, Henry

Hunter, William

Kellar, Henry

Korfman, Conrad 30

Marshal, William

McCoy, John

Myer, Haney

Pleiffer, Melchoir 64

Roser, Adam

Schwartz, Abraham

Shaffer, Henry

Shrolyner, John .•

Stabler, Adam.

Youse, Frederick *. .50

Zech, George

The early educational facilities of the
township were meager, as is the case with
early settlements, but the Germans brought
with them the belief of their church, that
education is a necessity, consequently private
and church schools were organized and main-
tained. The public school system was intro-
duced in 1836, George Klinefelter having
been chosen a delegate, for the township, to
a convention held at York May 2, 1836.
There was considerable opposition to the
introdaction of the system at the time, as
there was subsequently to the introduction of
uniform test books, and the displacement of
the Bible as the regular reading book. The
public schools have,* however, since been
faithfully maintained and encouraged, and
now rank among the best in the county. In
the township proper, and outside of the
boroughs, there are no educational institu-
tions other than the public schools.

In the township the German Reformed



Church has one congregation, Fissel's,
formerly known as Jerusalem. It was
organized in 1783, and is the oldest Reformed
congregation in this section of the county.
Its present membership reaches about 125,
and the congregation is in a prosperous con-
dition. The records are defective and its
early history cannot be obtained. The first
structm'e in which the congregation wor-
shipped was a small log building, which was
supplanted by a larger log weather-boarded,
and this again in 1851 by a line brick struct-
ure. It is owned jointly by Lutherans and
Reformed. The following were among the
ministers who served this congregation:
Rev. Adam Ettinger, 1805 to 1810; Rev.
Yost Henry Fries, 1810 to 1814; Rev. F.
Scholl, 1814 to 1819; Rev. Henry N. B.
Habliston, 1819 to 1822; Rev. Jacob Major,
1822 to 1823; Rev. John Aug Forsch, 1823
to 1826; Rev. Frederick Becker, 1826 to
1828; Rev. John Rienecke, 1828 to 1848; Rev.

C. W. Rienecke. D. D., 1848 to 1849; Rev.

D. Gring, 1859 to 1880 and Rev. A. F.
Driesbach, 1880 to present time.

The Lutherans have two congregations
in the township, Fissel's and Hametown.
The former is located about one and a half
miles southwest of Glen Rock, and was organ-
ized jointly with the Reformed congregation
already referred to and meets in the same
church. The congregation was organized in
1783 and has been well maintained since
then. The records are incomplete, but from
what can be gathered among the early pastors

I were Revs. John Herbst, Sr. and Jr., Rev.
Stecker, Rev. Grobe, and among the later
were Revs. Jacob Kempfer, A. Berg, J. H.
Menges, E. Manges, and the present pastor,

j Rev. E. Miller, D. D. The congregation is
strong, and from it sprang the membership

j which started other congregations in this
section. Hametown was organized in 1872,

j the membership mainly coming from the
Shrewsbury congregation. The first pastor
was Rev. J. C. Koller, who was followed by
the present pastor, Rev. J. B. Wolf.

The Evangelical Association has but one
congregation in the township, that of Kline-
felter's Chapel, worshiping in the church by
that name near Fissel's Lutheran Church.

\ The congregation was organized in 1860,dur-

I ing which time the chapel was erected.
Michael Seitz, Thomas Hunt and William

I Klinefelter being the building committee.
The ministers who served this congregation
were those who served the Shrewsbury con-
gregation, and will be given in that connec-
tion. The congregation is small but active
and aggressive.



SHREWSBURY TOW^fSHIP.



The Methodist Episcopal Church has one
congregation in the township— Rock Chapel.
This was the first congregation of that
church and was organized in 1790, as near
as can be gathered from an imperfect record.
From it have gone the members to organize
the other churches in this section. It is said
that prominent ministers of the church
preached in this church in its earlier years.
The ministers that preached in Shrewsbury
Borough also officiated at Rock Chapel.

In November, 1823, a great demonstration
took place at the public house of John Ehr-
hart, in the township and near Hametown.
The demonstration was held in honor of Gov.
Shultz's election, and delegations from almost
every section of the county were in attend-
ance.

The township has furnished its share of
soldiers for the several wars in which the na-
tion has been engaged. There were a num-
ber of soldiers from the township in the Re-
volution, but the names could not be secured.
Michael Mason served in the war of 1812, ;
N. Gr. Ruhl and Alexander Hannage served j
in the Mexican war, and the following served !
during the late civil war: Peter Kolter, Sr. ,
Peter Kolter, Jr., D. W. Dubs, Nelson Baily,
Henry Hershey, A. D. Meyers, Peter Hetrick,
J. Matta, Charles Seachrist, John Klinefelt-
er, N. Z. Seitz, J. H. Gantz, John Wagner,
Valentine Anstine, William H. Dixon, An-
drew Seitz, Samuel McMahon, Emanuel Wil-
dasin, Joseph Dise, W. S. Dise, W. Frey,

Blouse, D. McKinly, William Butcher,

P. A. Small, Conrad Meise, Lewis Holter,
R. Rinehart, I. Wagner, B. Geipe and B.
Lamott. The following were prominent
citizens or held important civil positions:
Michael Hoke, whose popularity gave him
every vote cast but five when elected as sheriff
of the county; John Habliston and William
Heindle, connected with the Baltimore Sun ;
John N. Miller and Philip Sheffer, county
commissioners; Noah Ehrhart, recorder; Eli
W. Free, State representative.

The people in the township proper are
mostly engaged in agricultural pursuits.
There are a number of grist-mills in the
township and two large tanneries, that of J.
G. Bortner, near Glen Rock, who is also con-
ducting a flavine factory, and that of J.
Habliston, near Shrewsbury. E. K. Bollin-
ger & Co. are conducting an extensive fertil-
izer factory at Seitzland. There was a time
when every farm of any consequence in the
township had its distillery, but they have
been generally abandoned. The following
boroughs have been erected in the township,
and in connection with their history will be



found the most interesting portion of the
history of the township: Shrewsbury, Glen
Rock, Rail Road, New Freedom.

SHREWSBURY.

As early as the year 1800 there were indi-
cations that the place now known as Shrews-
bury would become a town. The town is
located near the eastern borders of the town-
ship on the Baltimore & York Turnpike,
and about one mile east of the Northern
Central Railroad. When it was first devel-
oped into a village it was known as Stras-
burg, the German for a village by the road
or street; it subsequently received its present
name as the principal village of the town-
ship. Business was commenced in the vil-
lage in 1800 by a Mr. Kline, who was fol-
lowed by Jacob Ruhl, who then occupied the
corner now occupied by L. C. Kraft. He
discontinued in 1810 and was followed by H.
Latimer & Co. on the corner now occupied
by Gerry's drug store. C. F. Meyers began
business on the Kraft corner in 1830 and was
followed by Small, Myers & Latimer in
1859, when C. F. Rheling took charge of the
place, and he was followed by H. D. Hart-
man, Meyers & Bros., J. H. Markle and L.
C. Kraft. Eli McDonnell, one of the prin-
cipal business men as well as one of the
most enterprising citizens of the town, began
business in 1859. Among others who aided
in developing the town and who were active
business men were John Hershner, G. Blas-
ser, R. Richey, Nathan Shafer, Samuel
Gantz, George P. Everhart, Christof Kolter,
and the Kollers, Becks, Geiseys, Gerrys.
The town has been exclusively commercial.
Samuel Gantz at one time established a tan-
nery in the town, but it was soon abandoned.
David Klinefelter erected a machine shop on
the lot between Raffensperger's hotel and the
stable, but it could not be made a success
and was abandoned, when a steam saw- mill
followed in the same place but it was also
abandoned, and not a particle of evidence
of these having been there now exists, except
that in the minds of the people. In 1820
coal pits existed where Bott's Hotel now
stands.

The town was erected into a borough in
1834 by special act of the assembly, and was
reincorporated in 1870, under the act of
1851, at which time Joseph Geisey was the
burgess; J. H. Blasser the secretary, and
James Gerry, Jr., the "treasurer. The pres-
ent officers are: Chief burgess, M. Bott;
secretary, E. Storms; treasurer, B. Rupert;
councilmen, J. L. Raffensperger, J. Snyder,
W. Besser, I. N. Stoner, G. Smith. " The



HISTORY OF YOEK COUNTY.



population of the town in 18S0 was 580. In
its early history the corporation issued shin-
plasters as a eirculatingf, but subsequently
redeemed them, and on March 31, 1854, de-
stroyed them.

A martial spirit existed among the people
from the beginning of the town, and a mil-
itary company was organized in 1821. known
as the Strasbvirg Blues, Capt. Charles Stuck
being its first commander, who was succeed-
ed by Capt. W. H. Snyder. In 1824 Jacob
Gaines, a member of this company, was
drowned in Hileman's dam, and his remains
were buried on a Sunday, but the people of
the church where the services were held pro-
tested against taking arms into or near the
church. This shows that the religious preju-
dices of the people were very strong. The
Blues finally suspended and the Jackson
Grays were organized by Capt. Snyder and
subsequently commanded by the late Capt.
William McAbee. In 1841 the company was
called into service to assist in suppressing
the Philadelphia riot, but the riot ceased on
the arrival of the command at Wrightsville.
While encamped at York the now eminent
Dr. Carpenter acted as the company surgeon.
In 1824 the Pennsylvania Volunteers and the
Washington Ai-tillery passed through the
town on their way to Baltimore to take part
in the reception ceremonies tendered Gen.
Lafayette. In 1861 Company D, Eighty-
seventh Pennsylvania Volunteers, was partly
organized in the town, and subsequent to its
muster visited the place and gave an exhibi-
tion drill. In September, 1881, Light Bat-
tery C, United States Army, Maj. Sinclair in
command, encamped at the town while on its
march to Yorktown to take part in the cere-
monies commemorating the surrender of
Cornwallis. The following were among
those who entered the United States
military service from the borough; Majors
N. G. and E. M. Ruhl, Capt. J. H. Blas-
ser, Lieut. G. Blasser, Chaplain D. C.
Eberhart, J. H. Hendris, J. B. Beck, Rob-
ert McDonnell, J. H. Moody, J. Ashley,
William Eaton, Henry Young, J. Smith,
N. Heise, C. Hedrick, C. Sanders, A. J.
Frederick, Col. G. W. Frederick, E. H. Red-
ding, Joseph Little, Jesse Shewell, John
Kunkle, M. Sheol, F. Dolla, Jacob Nonema-
ker, G. Almany, J. Almany, A. Leicht, H.
Eheirmeyer, A. L. Geesey, C. Thompson, W.
Fockerner, D. Horn, A. Klinefelter, J. Pain-
ter, M. Born.

The following are among those who are
natives of the town, or who have made the
town their home for many years, and who
have risen to eminence in civil life.



Dr. James Gerry, Sr., who was born in
Cecil County, Md., August, 1796, a son of
James Gerry, who served a number of terms
as a member of the house of delegates of
Maryland. Dr. Gerry graduated at West
Notingham Academy, spent a few years in
1 the South teaching, and then returned and
became the principal of the academy, where
he graduated and served as such for four
years, reading medicine in the meantime. He
located and began the practice of his profes-
sion in Shrewsbury in 1824, and soon secured
a large practice. In 1830 he married Sa-
lome Hoffman, of Balto. County, Md., be-
came a member of the Methodist Episcopal
Church, in which he did active work.

In 1838 he received the Democratic nomi-
nation of the Nineteenth Congressional Dis-
trict entirely unsolicited. He was elected
and re-elected, and while thus serving he de-
livered an elaborate speech against the Unit-
ed States Bank. He was an intimate friend
of James Buchanan, and as a delegate to the
National Convention in 1852, warmly sup-
ported him for the nomination. After Bu-
chanan's election to the presidency he in-
formed Dr. Gerry that he would be pleased
to appoint him to any position he would like.
The advanced age of the Doctor compelled
him to decline the offer. He continued the
practice of medicine up to 1870, and died
July 19, 1873. Brig. -Gen. G. W. Frederick,
a graduate of Pennsylvania College, and
who served with great credit in the late war,
had charge of the provost guard during the
trial of Mrs. Surrat, is now a prominent
citizen of Philadelphia and the publisher of
the Lutheran. Dr. H. G. Bussey, who
served two terms as State senator, and two
terms as county prothonotary and as physi-
I cian to the jail. William McAbee, who
! served two terms in the State legislature,
and held other important public positions.
Isaac Beck, who served two terms in the
State legislature, and one term as door-keeper
of the house of representatives. Col. W.
Garner, now a prominent citizen of Iowa.
John Geisey, who served as register of wills
in the county. B. F. Koller and J. A.
Blasser, who each served as clerk of the
county courts. Joseph Holland, who served
as county prothonotary. John Beck and
Christof Kolter, who served as county com-
missioners. Joseph Hartman, who served as
county auditor. Col. A. Wilhelm, Capt.
Dennis, Rev. James Henry Brown, D. D.,
Robert Richey and Eli Storms, who has be-
come quite popular as an artist.

From 1827 to 1830 a small paper known
as the Harbinger was published in the town



SHREWSBURY TOAVNSHIP.



by W. C. Smyth. Later the Sharfsheitz, a
German paper, was published for a few years
in the town by a Mr. Kurtz.

On July 8, 1840, a cyclone passed over
the town, and although it lasted but a few min-
utes the destruction of property was great.
The old Union log church was blown down,
with a number of barns and several dwelling
houses. Among the latter was one occupied
by B. Krewell and family, through which a
number of the family were injured, and Mrs.
Krewell was killed. On April 1, 1881, a fire
occurred in which the back buildings of the
Meyer's property were destroyed. On Octo-
ber 8, of the same year. Miss Mary Smith
Wallick was burned to death while attempt-
ing to light a fire with coal oil. On April
23, 1882, a fire occurred which destroyed the
barns' of A. Wilhelm, A. W. Kunkle, and
that belonging to the Methodist Episcopal
parsonage. On February 27, 1884, Mrs.
Catharine Shewell was burned to death while
staying alone in a small house.

In 1800 a small log schoolhouse was erected
in the eastern portion of the town, and Dr.
Cling was the first teacher. This building
was destroyed by fire and a brick building
took its place, which was also destroyed by
fire in 1853, when the present building in
the northern part of the tovi'n was erected.
Private and church schools were popular in
the early history of the town, and an acad-
emy was opened, in 1856, by Prof. A. W.
Dinsmore, and has been continued since un-
der the principalship of Profs. T. R. Vickroy,
J. A. Murphy, D. S. Brilhart, W. J. Fulton
and E. E. Allen, the present instructor.
The public school system was introduced in
1856, when it was adopted in the township,
but the schools have not been so popular and
have not attained a high rank, owing, perhaps,
to the popularity of select or private schools.

The church history is very imperfect, and
from what can be gathered the Evangelical
Association had the first regular preaching in
the town in 1811, and the services were con-
ducted in private houses. Rev. J. Driesbach
was the first preacher, and he was followed
by H. Neibel, M. Becker, M. Betz, John and
James Bruen, Rev. "Walter. A. Ettinger, B.
Ettinger, J. L. W. Seibert, Levi and Uriah
Eberhart, G. Hunter, J. M. Carothers, J. AV.
Cramer, S. VV. Seibert, C. F. Deininger, W.
Wilson, D. A. Miller, Rev. Zulofe, Rev.
Longsdorf, S. Hornberger, W. H. Davis, S.
Aurand, J. M. Ettinger, G. E. Zehner, J. G.
M. Swengle, H. Conrad, J. C. Farnsworth, J.
M. Longsdorf, P. S. Orwig, W. W. Rhodes,
J. F. Shultz, the present pastor. The first
church erected in the town was a small log



structure in 1821, and was a Union Church, be-
ing used jointly by the Methodists and Evan-
gelical people. This church building was de-
stroyed in 1840 by the cyclone. The Evan-
gelical people erected a brick church in 1853,
which was improved in 1877, and agaiu in
1884, and at present it is a handsome and
convenient place of worship. In 1824 this
congregation organized a Sunday-school, but
it lasted only a few months; later another was
organized, which has been continued up to
the present. The school is large, and the
membership of the church will reach about
100.

The organization of the Methodist Episco-
pal Church was effected about the year 1811.
Up to this time the people of this faith
attended services at Rock Chapel, where an
organization had been effected in ,1794. The
congregation worshiped in the old log church
jointly with the Evangelical people up to
1849, when a one-story and basement brick
building was erected on Main Street near the
place where the present edifice stands.
Bishop Waugh preached several times in this
church. The second building was erected in
1874, and is of Gothic design, with a bel-
fry, two stories, and was dedicated in 1877,
by Bishop E. A. Ames, assisted by W. H.
Chapman and A. W. Guyer. The congrega-
tion now numbers about 100, and among the
ministers who preached for the congregation
were Revs. A. Hemphill, W. Butter, E. Nic-
odemus, J. Parker, J. Ewing, Z. Jordan, A.
Griffeth, W. Hawk, J. W. Cronin. I. Collins,
P. Doll, O. Ege, T. Mitchell, John Beer,
Joseph Morris, G. Berkstresser, J. W. Cul-
lum, J. Stine, C. G. Linthicun, E. Dorsey,
W. H. Enos, T. G. Fulton, J. A. Collins, A.
E. Gibson, N. J. B. Morgan, David Trout,
J. A. Coleman, W. T. Wilson, G. W. Iread,
D. C. Eberhart, A. H. Reese, J. S. Lee, A.
R. Riely, F. G. Crever, Henry Furlong, H.
Slicer, J. G. McKeehon, J. B. Akers, S. Cor-
nelius, G. W. Dunlap, J. S. McMurry, J. W.
Bedges, M. L. Drun, J. B. Cuddy, E. Bahr-
man, G. Warren, J. G. Moore, J. Max Lautz,
— Snvder, J. C. Haggy, J. Curns, E. E.
Alleff," W. A. McKee, A. H. Mensel, T.
Mitchell, W. M. West, J. Loyd, E. E. A.
Deever, J. M. Clark, J. M. Riissel, A. W.
Guyer, A. R. Bender, J. Goldin, B. B. Ham-
lin, J. C. Clarke. M. L. Smith, W. Guyer,
W. A. Houck, R. Mallalieu, C. V. Hart-
zell. the present pastor. Bishop Levi Scott,
William Barnes, Alfred Cookman and
other noted ministers preached at this place,
and on the Lowe camp ground near the town.
This congregation started the first permanent
Sunday-school organized in the town, in



710



HISTORY OF YORK COU]>TTY.



1827, at the first meeting of which there
were present twenty-seven boys and twenty
girls. The teachers of the boys were Rev.
H. Doll, Robert Fife, Jarret Garner, J.
H. Brown, Dr. James Gerry and Robert
Richey; of the females. Mrs. H. Haunawalt,
Misses E. Marshall, Jane Gordon. Mary
Redman. The school has been in progress
since, and has been prompt in the adoption
of modern measures and appliances. It is
claimed that the present extended system of
lesson illustration was originated in this
school during 1864, when the superintend-
ent, Rev. D. C. Eberhart, planned the illus-
trations, and E. Storms, a young artist of the
town, painted them. These illustrations
were furnished by Mr. Storms to schools in
Baltimore, York. Hanover, Glen Rock and
ether points. In 1866 samples of these illus-
trations were put on exhibition at a Sunday- 1
school convention held at the Masonic Tem-
ple in Baltimore, where they attracted a great
deal of attention, after which they were gen
erally adopted by publishers of Sunday-
school literature.

The Lutheran Church congregation was
effected in 1822, and in 1827 a Union Church
was erected, in which the Lutheran and Re-
formed congregations worshiped up to 1874,
when a new fine brick church edifice was
erected on Main Street for the exclusive use
of the Lutheran congregation, and the Re-
formed people continued to occupy the old
church. The Lutheran congregation is strong,
having a membership of about 250, with a
flourishing Sunday-school, for the use of
which a handsome chapel was erected in 1879.
The pastors who served the congregation
were Rev. John Herbst, Sr. and Jr. ; Rev. —



Online LibraryJohn GibsonHistory of York County Pennsylvania From the Earliest Time to the Present → online text (page 144 of 218)