Morton L. (Morton Luther) Montgomery.

Historical and biographical annals of Berks County, Pennsylvania, embracing a concise history of the county and a genealogical and biographical record of representative families, comp. by Morton L. Montgomery .. online

. (page 68 of 227)
Online LibraryMorton L. (Morton Luther) MontgomeryHistorical and biographical annals of Berks County, Pennsylvania, embracing a concise history of the county and a genealogical and biographical record of representative families, comp. by Morton L. Montgomery .. → online text (page 68 of 227)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


its distance from the railroad. In this respect, it
has been an exceptional community. Its success
under adverse circumstances is attributable to the
superior character of the men who located there.

Shortly after the beginning of the settlement, a
wool-hat factory was erected by Absalom Ruth
near the Mohn grist-mill. His successor was John
Spatz, who operated the plant for twenty years in a
very successful manner until his decease in 1898,
when it was purchased by his son, Isaac S. Spatz,
who has carried on the business since that time.

Subsequently, other wool-hat factories were es-
tablished along the stream higher up, by Cyrus
D. Hornberger, Jacob Kessler, and Henry Wer-
ley. And about this time, William Pennepacker
erected a gun-barrel factory, also along the stream
but below the Mohn mill, which he carried on for
a number of years. All the plants were operated
by water-power, supplied by the Wyomissing creek.

First Taxables. — The following list contains the
names of the first taxables of the borough when
first established, in 1907:



MOHNTON

Incorporation. — The borough of Mohnton was
established by a decree of the court of Quarter
Sessions of Berks county on March 18, 1907, and
the boundary lines embraced 391 acres, 116 perches.
The petition for the borough, signed by 117 free-
holders, was presented to court on Oct. 31, 1904,
and shortly afterward an earnest remonstrance was
filed against it. Depositions were taken and filed,
for and against the granting of the petition, and
the matter was before the couct at different times
until favorable action was finally secured on the day
first named. The freeholders of the town number-
ed 313.

Benjamin Mohn, from Mohn's Hill in the south-
ern section of Cumru township, purchased a farm
in 1846 from John Schwartz. This was situated
along the Wyomissing creek and embraced the land
which afterward came to be known as Mohnsville.
He then erected a dwelling-house, and some years
afterward this was converted into a tavern by John
Griner^ It is now owned and carried on by Aug-
ustus R. Anderson.

About the same time his cousin, Samuel K. Mohn,
opened a general store in a grist-mill along the
creek, erected by Benjamin Mohn; and a few
years afterward he erected a store building opposite
the mill along the public road which was laid out
through this section on the way from Reading to
New Holland, and at this stand he carried on busi-
ness for many years.

The character of the surface here is very hilly,
and Benjamin Mohn sold off lots without first mak-
ing a regular plan or survey; but, in spite of these
uninviting circumstances, many houses came to be



Aug. R. Anderson
Daniel Anthony-
John K. Binkley
Henry Bechtel
Savilla Slimline
Hiram J. Bigony
Barton Z. Bealer.
John M. Bicher
Alfred Burley
Albert Burley
Amanda Blankenbiller
Frank H. Bitler
Mary Binkley
John T. Beidler
Henry Blimline
Franklin B. Bickel
William D. Bickel
Reuben K. Bucher
Archibald Boyer
William R. Blankenbiller
Oscar Blankenbiller
Adison D. Clark
Jacob De Tambel
Nelson W. Dickenson
Wilson A. Dunkelberger
Nelson H. Dickenson
Samuel De Long'
John R. De Hard
James Epler
John Epler
John J. Eshelman
Arabella Eshelman
Electric Hose Co.
Frank T. Eckenroth
Peter F. Eberly
Charles T. Eckenroth
Charles S. Epler
Daniel S. Epler
Levi Edwards
James B. Fleisher
Albert O. Fisher
John Fry



Adam G. Fox
Samuel P. Frankhouser
Aug. M. Griffith
Hiram M. Griffith
Charles R. Groff
Martin D. Grill
Charles W. Gaul
Harriet Godshak
James I. Gougler
John Gramer
William R. Glassmoyer
Biram M. Griffith
Amelia Godshalk
William D. Grill
Adam M. Grill
William S. Groff
Tyson L. Huyett
James R. Hoffert
Abraham Hoffert
James W. Harting
A. Chas. Harting
John T. Hertzog
Chas. B. Hornberger
James Hornberger
A. S. Hornberger
Josephus S. Hornberger
Emma D. Hornberger
'Milton G. Hornberger
Harry G. Hornberger
Priscilla Hemmig
Henry Haas
Adeline Hoover
John R. Hornberger
Sarah Y. Hill
George S. Hill
. Wellington Harting
William M. Hartman
Amilia Hill
Emma B. Hinnershitz
George W. Hatt
Harrison S. Krick
Calvin S. Krick



286



HISTORY OF BERKS COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA



Monroe C. Killian

John J. Klopp

Daniel Krick

Sallie A. Kleinginna

Isaac Krick

Daniel M. Kindt

C. D. B. Kindt

Walter S. Kleinginne

Sarah Karternian

Frank Kleinginna

Clayton Killian

Adam H, Lutz

George H. Leininger

James H. Lutz

Martin H. Lutz

John D. Leininger

Frank S. Leininger

Wm. G. Leininger

Carolina Leininger

Howard S. Leininger

Irvin R. Musser

B. K. Mayberry

Harvey W. Mohn

Hiram Matz Est.

John G. Mosser

John S. Mohn

Westley D. Mohn

Mohnton Water Co.

Maggie Mohn
John Musselman

Harry W. Miller

Henry Miller Est.

Emma K. Mohn

Dr. M. L. Miller

Robert L. Miller
William C. Miller

Dr. B. H. Miller
Jonathan H. Miller
Richard Marks
Jacob W. Miller
William H. Muckel
Frank W. Matz
Adam S. Miller
Adam L. Matz
Martin L. Matz
Jonathan K. Miller
Albert G. Miller
Luke H. Marks
Charles S. Mohn
Reese Muckel
Charles W. Miller
Harry L. Musser
William J. Marks
Chas. F. Madeira
Caroline Musser
H. Irvin Mohn
Susanna Mohn
Aug. S. Mosser
Samuel K. Miller
Samuel H. Musser
Mohnton K. of P. Hall
Harry N. Noll
James O'Neal
Jacob Palm
Jacob Peters
Daniel N. Peifer
George K Pawling



John A. Auchenbach
Wim. R. Auchenbach
James G. Boate
Edward Blankenbiller
Edward Bennetts
Homer Blimline



Samuel Palm
David Reider
Charles S. Richwine
Robert E. Ri-egner
Austin H. Riegner
Henry E. Remp
Henry K. Ruth
Hiram W. Reigner
James G. Ruth
William G. Ruth
John R. Regar
Irvin L. Shonour

D. S. Sensenig
Samuel Steffey
John R. Slote
John N. Steffey
George Sheaffer
John H. Spatz Est.
Isaac S. Spatz
William E. Shirk
WiUiam H. Seifrit
Pierce S. Strunk
Dr. A. A. Stamm
John A. Seitzinger
Howard W. Sheaffer
Frank W.^ Slichter
Katie Smith
George W. Strunk
Levi Strunk
Benjamin K. Steffey
William P. Stoner
Frank Sweigard
George Tothero
Isaac Tro'stel
William S. Trostel
George Vogel
Bessie Werner
William H. Weber
Walter S. Werner
John C. Werner
Walter Weber
James L. Weber
Adeline Wenrich
William Weber Est.
Wesley M. W'orley
Alice M. Worley
Worley Brothers
Isabella Worley
Charles M. Worley
Charles G. Werner
Frank M. White
Henry H. Wise
Frank K. Wal finger
Aaron K. Warner
Annie S. Warner

E. J. Werner
H. H. Worley
William G. Werner
Jeremiah Werner
John G. Werner
Samuel F. Westlev
Ellen R. White
John Y. Weidner
Frank R. Warner
Daniel W. Young
John S. Zeller



Tenants



Harry Blimline
Harvey Boone
Cyrus Brendel
James Blankenbiller
John A. Blankenbiller
Jerome Boyer



George G. Baker
Jacob E. Baker
S. S. Burkholder
Christian Burkhart
Nathaniel Bickel
William G. Beam
George Bush
William H. Bicher
Harry S. Bicher
Edwin Binkley
Charles F. Boyer
Chester W. Baer
Harvey J. Clay
William Coleman
John R. Dehart
Christian De Binder
Felix K. De Binder
George W. Delong
Wayne Epler
David S. Edwards
Fred Eckenroth
Curtis Eberly
Harry M. Embich
Monroe Ebling
Howard Eckenroth
George S. Epler
Reuben Eckenroth
Harry H. Eckenroth
H. T. Epler
William M. Fry
Elmer E. Fox
John J. Frankhouser
John H. Fichthorn
Charles K. Frymoyer
Dr. J. W. Frankhouser
Harry H. Fritz
William F. Gaul
Walter M. Griffith
Richard Gehman
William Gehman
Henrv R. Groff
William Groff
John W. Glass
Benjamin Griffith
J. B. Gougler
Harry H. Gring
John S. Gring
Albert A. Griffith
Abraham Godshalk
Harry Gehman
Harry D. Godshalk
Frank R. Good
Charles S. Holtry
James M. Hartz
Henry Hoster
Samuel Hoster
Harry W. Hughes
William E, Hughes
John H. Hartman
Harry L. Hill
Rudy Hoffert
Henrv Hoffert
William Hoffert
Flarry High
Freeland J. Houghton
David Hoffert
William S. Hower
Herbert Hornberger
George L. Happ
C. C. Houck
Peter F. Hartman
Jonathan B. Hatt
Daniel B. Hill
Samuel B. Hill
Wm. E. Huvett



Edwin M. Hatt
Aaron Hagy
Joseph S. Hornberger
Frank B. Hartman
Frank L. Hartman
John F. Herb
Robert B. Hatt
Edward Hartman
Martin B. Hill
Walter G. Hill
Harry G. Hill
Pierce B. Hatt
J. R. Hensyl
Lewis Hartranft
Webster G. Hertzog-
Martin D. Kohl
Howard F. Kindt
Michael D. Kegerise
Howard Krick
Miles Keller
Samuel S. Keyser
Harry S. Krick
Frank F. Kline
David Long
William I. Lebo
Daniel S. Lutz
David Longenecker
Israel Longenecker
Adam Long
Benjamin H. Lorah
William M. Leininger
Samuel Longenecker
Leon Miller
William R. Musser
Adam B. Mayer
Charles J. Mosser
Nicholas Mosser
Edwin F. Miller
Matthew F. Miller
Henry G. Matz
Solomon D. Mohn
Levi H. Miller
Samuel K. Mohn
Elmer D. Miller
David D. Mell
Harry G. Mohn
John P. Marks
Charles E. Mohn
Wayne L. IMusser
Thomas j\Tohr
Raymond W. Musselman
David F. Mohn
George Muckel
Nicholas H. Mosser
William R. Mosser
Carroll A. Miller
John B. Pawling
Thomas Palm
Harry C. Peters
Frank Peters
Howard Remp
Henry S. Riegel
Frank A. S. Riegel
Edward Rudy
John F. Reber
John C. Reber
Henry Reitz
Frank D. Ruth
William H. Ruth
Augustus C. Rohland
Wallace Resh
Joseph Ressler
Jacob S. Riegel
William E. Riegel
Charles Staudt



BOROUGHS



287



Israel Saylor
Wayne Steffey
George W. Smith
Alfred H. Stuber
Willis Stirk
Adam F. Showalter
Elmer G. Spatz
William E. Showalter
Jeremiah V. Shonour
Zenas M. Shonour
George Shutter
Daniel F. Spatz
Elwood Sensenig
Edward H. Smith
Edward Strunk
Claude Strauss
Benton E. Shonour
F. W. Solver
Charles Steffey
Frank Sweigaft
Edward Smith
M. K. Sponagle
Charles Trostel
Frank Trostel



James G. Vierling
George W. Vogel
William Vogel
Charles L. Vogel
Charles T. Valentine
Aaron M. White
Harry Wise
Paul S. Warner
Elmer Werley
John S. Wenger
Harry H. Witmer
David W. Weiler
L. Tyson Warner
James E. Werley
M. H. Werner
J. B. Werner
Jeff P. Wolfskin
Pierce Wenrich
Joseph M. Wenrich
William F. Werner
George D. Wolfskill
Francis S. Wolf
George L. Wolfskill
Charles S. Wenrich



Officials. — The following persons served the
offices named for the year 1909 :

Chief Burgess, Aaron R. Wanner
Town Council, William Leininger, President
Charles Miller, Treasurer
Frank Kleinginna
Irwin Shonour
John Mosser
John Beidler

A. S. Hornberger, Secretary
School Board, Dr. A. A. Stamm, President
Allen Fisher, Secretary
Dr. M. L. Miller, Treasurer
Harry Noll
Charles T. Eckenroth
Charles Werner
Justices of the Peace, D. N. Peifer

Frank W. Matz
Constable, John L. Seitzinger
Auditors, Albert Miller

Charles Madeira
John Eshelman
Assessor, John B. Werner
Collector, Joseph S. Hornberger
Board of Health, Dr. B. H. Miller
Reuben Bucher
John Zeller
William Miller
Ellis Werley

Post-Office. — A post-office was established in
the store of Samuel K. Mohn in 1857 by the name of
Mohn's Store and this name was continued until the
erection of the borough, when it was changed to
Mohnton. Mr. Mohn was the postmaster for fif-
teen years. John Yocom Weidner has filled the
position since 1897. He has been engaged in the
general store business at this place for forty years.
He started the business of cutting, storing and sup-
plying ice in this section of the county and has been
engaged in it for thirty years.

Industries. — The following varied industries
were carried on at Mohnton in 1909 :

Bakeries, by Augustus Griffith (established 1892),
with 4 hands ; Groff & Ressler (1898) , with 4 hands.

Cigar Factory, by J. J. Eshelman (1886) , with 40
hands.



Cotton Lap Factory, by Werley Brothers (1908),
with 4 hands.

Grist Mill, by John Spatz Estate (1888), with 2
hands.

Hosiery Mills, by George Leininger (1898), with
75 hands; Wm. G. Leininger (1898), with 120
hands; Isaac S. Spatz (1903), with 35 hands; Wer-
ley Brothers (1904), with 25 hands.

Paper Box Factory, by E. G. Werner & Sons
(1894), with 35 hands.

Planing Mills, by Frank Wanner (^now son Ty-
son) (1880), with 8 hands; Isaac S. Spatz (1901),
with 6 hands.

Saw Mill, by John Y. Weidner (1903), with 3
hands.

Shirt Factories, by William Werner (1897), with
30 hands; Biram Griffith (1908), with 18 hands;
Dr. A. A. Stamm* (1900), with 30 hands.

Underwear Mill, by Hornberger & Killian
(1908), with 25 hands.

Wool-hat Factories, by Jacob Kessler (1878),
with 40 hands; Isaac S. Spatz (1898), with 50 hands.

Wheelwright Shops, by Henry Knoll (1880), with
4 hands; Henry Wise (1895), with 3 hands.

Besides the industries named, the borough con-
tained then five stores, two hotels, three doctors, two
barbers and an undertaker.

These industries demonstrate the importance and
great value of the stream to the community by
affording constant employment to several hundred
hands. Besides the water-power, coal is also used
for steam-power and heating; it is hauled by teams
from Reading. ,

Local Express. — Howard H. Leininger started a
local expi^ss business at Mohnton in 1902 for haul-
ing manufactured goods, merchandise, coal, etc., for
the local industries to and from Reading, and since
then has required the constant use of twenty-five to
thirty horses to fill the orders of his patrons.

The manufacturers also do much hauling to and
from Reading in their business, and employ upward
of seventy horses. Their nearest shipping point on
the railroad is at Reading.

Bank. — The Mohnton National Bank was char-
tered Dec. 7, 1907, with a capital of $25,000, and it
was opened for business Jan. 21, 1908, with the
following directors: George H. Leininger, L. G.
Hain, John Von Neida, M. C. Kauffman, Jeremiah
Horning, Augustus R. Anderson, Charles M. Yet-
ter, Jacob C. Kessler, E. G. Werner, William G.
Leininger, Henry H. Werley, Harry Dumn, S, K.
Remp and Aaron A. Hornberger; of whom George
H. Leininger was elected president.

Public Improvements

Mill Dams. — The Wyomissing creek, which flows
through the southern section of the borough, has
been a valuable water-power to the residents of
this vicinity from the time of the earhest settle-
ments dating back to about 1735. Within the dis-
tance of two miles at and above the borough, seven
dams have been constructed, which have been very

* Sold to Mary Strouse in February, 1909.



288



HISTORY OF BERKS COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA



useful in supplying water-power to the industries
erected along the banks of the creek. These dams
are operated by the following: Josephus Horn-
berger (covering several acres of ground and used
for swimming and pleasure purposes in the sum-
mer time and skating in the winter time) ; Mohn-
ton Knitting Mill; Isaac S. Spatz Planing Mill and
Hat Factory; Werley Hosiery Mill; Kessler Hat
Factory.

Electric Plant. — In 1894, Isaac S. Spatz establish-
ed a plant at Mohnton for supplying electric light
in the residences and along the streets. He oper-
ated the plant until 1901 when he sold it to Aaron
R. Wanner, who increased its capacity and has
operated it since. Besides supplying electric light,
it is used also for pumping water into the local
reservoirs which furnish the town with drinking
water.

IVdtervLiorks. — Samuel K. Mohn started water-
works at this place in 1883 for supplying the town
with water, and he carried on the plant until 1901,
when he sold it to Howard Ahrens and W. D.
Mohn, who enlarged the plant and have carried it
on since. They put down an 8-inch main. The
inhabitants of Shillington receive their water from
this plant. The water is obtained from Klein-
ginne's creek. The draft of the water pipes of the
Mohnsville Water Company was acknowledged and
filed July 1, 1886; Charles S. Mohn, president;
John A. Bohler, secretary.

Additional reservoirs were established on the
Betzler property, south of the borough, and on the
Binkley propei^y to the north, each holding about
500,000 gallons. They occupy elevated positions
above the borough and afford a sufficient supply
at all times. At the latter place, an artesian well,
about 150 feet deep, has been provided for an ex-
tra supply of pure water.

Trolley Line. — The Reading & Southwestern
Street Railway was constructed from Reading to
Mohnsville in 1890, and since then has been oper-
ated successfully. In 1894:, a steam railroad was
constructed from Mohnsville to Adamstown. A
small engine was used for several years ; then elec-
tric power was substituted.

Pennwin.— In 1904, WiUiam High purchased a
tract of farming land near the eastern border of
the borough from Jesse Matz, laid it off in lots and
named the place Pennwin. Pie sold some of the
lots, on which a number of dwellings have been
erected; also a fine, two-story brick school build-
ing.

Churches. — There are three churches at Mohn-
ton: Salem's Evangelical Reformed, established in
1872, and rebuilt of sandstone in 1897; Zion's
United Evangelical in 1892, built of brick, with
a sandstone base ; and St. John's Lutheran in 1900,
built of sandstone.

Schools. — The first school-house in the vicinity
of Mohnton was on "Cedar Top," a short distance
east of the village. The first township school in
the village (one-story stone) was erected about



1850, where the church stands, opposite the post-
office, and continued there until 1890, when it was
removed to the place where it now stands. Several
additions were made to it. It has six' rooms. Two
additional rooms have recently been supplied in
another building to accommodate the increasing
number of children. Some of the teachers during
the past forty years have been Valentine Guldin,
Leo Hess, A. F. E. Grill, Mrs. B. H. Miller, Miss
Kate Lewis, Hiram J. Bigony and William F. Big-
ony. In .1908, there were seven schools and 300
scholars ; and the total expenditures for school
purposes were $4,360.

Secret Societies. — Different secret societies
have been instituted here, prominent among them
being the American Mechanics, Knights of Friend-
ship, Knights of Pythias, Modern Woodmen, and
P. O. S. of A.

Auditorium. — In 1906, Augustus R. Anderson
erected a fine large two-story frame auditorium op-
posite the trolley station with a seating capacity of
800, in which various entertainments have been
held.

WEST READING

Town Plan. — In 1864, Frederick R. Frill pur-
chased from William Leinbach a farm of 116 acres,
which now comprises the eastern section of West
Reading. In 1873, he laid this land off into lots,
and most of the lots in the blocks south of Penn
street (West Penn avenue) were numbered con-
secutively from 1 to 200. The surveyor was Dan-
iel S. Zacharias, who prepared the draft, dating it
Oct. 21, 1873.

Mr. Frill sold many of these lots during the sum-
mer of that year, and delivered the deeds in Oct-
ober. The first purchaser was James F. Matz, car-
penter (now superintendent of the West Reading
Water Company). He erected the large three-story
brick building at the southeast corner of Second
and Penn streets, which became the Farmers' Hotel.
The first row of dwelling-houses was erected in
1873 on Franklin street, between Third and Fourth
streets, by Abraham F Reeser and William Geiger,
of Reading.

In 1883, George F Baer, Charles F Smith and
Reuben E. Demmon laid off into lots a consider-
able part of the Jacob W. Seitzinger farm which
they had purchased, and the first blocks of lots
then sold lay between Fifth and Sixth streets,
south of West Penn avenue to Spruce street, the
sales having been effected through the Pennsyl-
vania Trust Company.

Builders. — The first builders of the town who
erected the dwelling-houses were:
Reeser & Geiger Harrv Auman

James F. Matz Henry Trostel

Jared G. Yam ell James M. Hain

Simon Kline Franklin Leinbach

Incoeporation. — After the town of West Read-
ing had come,_ through the course of thirty years,
to be a flourishing community, with a number
of important industries and an estimated popula-



BOROUGHS



389



tion of 700, steps were taken in March, 1903,
to establish a borough, but the remonstrance of
many property holders was so vigorous during
a course of six months that the proceedings were
dropped. A second effort was made in Novem-
ber, 1906, with the conditions greatly improved,
and though earnest objections were again present-
ed the court made the -decree of incorporation
March 18, 1907. The boundary lines inclosed
373 acres, extending from the Wyomissing creek
on the south to the Lebanon Valley railroad on
the north, and from the western bank of the Schuyl-
kill river on the east to the eastern boundary line
of the borough of Wyomising on the west.

The first public election was held May 7, 1907,
when the first borough officials were elected. F. R.
Himmelberger, a prominent carriage manufactur-
er of the town for upward of twenty years, was
chosen the first burgess, and this election started
the community in its political career as a separ-
ate district.

First Taxables. — Names of resident taxables
of West Reading, when first established as a bor-
ousfh in 1907:



Gustav Albrecht
Milton A. Albright
William Alvine
Aaron F. Adams
Aaron Adams, Sr.
William F. Adams
David F. Brown
Michael M. Baker
Thomas J. Brossman
Simon Blankenbiller
Walter A. Bleiler
Valentine Behringer
John Blankenbiller
Adam R. Blatt
Harry B. Blankenbiller
Daniel B. Blankenbiller
William B. Blankenbiller
P. W. Brubaker
Charles H. Boyer
William F. Brobst
Charles Clark
Benjamin Cohn
Theodore M. Deck
Lloyd F. Dunkelberger
J. Adam Dieffenbach
Wellington Dunkelberger
Michael Eckenroth
Therese Engels
D. L. George Ellis Est.
John Eyrich Est.
Clara Esterline
William M. Edris
Robert C. Etchberger
Mrs George Eckert
J. W. Forry & Son
John Fisher
Sarah Freeman
John Fox
George F. Fritz
William Foreman
George W. Fisher
Claudius J. F. Gruber
Joseph A. F. Ganster
Daniel K. Graeflf
Daniel S. Good
19



John J. Geiger
Augustus Glaser
John Gerhart
Milton A. Gring
William S. Gruber
William H. Gring
Morris J. Geiss
John P. Ggjff
Fred K. Graeff
John H. C. Heflner
Jefferson B. Himmelberger
Benjamin F. Holl
John J. Haederle
Jacob S. Hill
Thomas A. Hechler
James F. Holl
Jacob D. Hilbert
Albert B. Heist
John Holzinger
Oscar P. Holl
Charles M. Hain
George M. Hain
John H. Hinnershitz
Francis Y. Hemmig
William E. S. Hinnershitz
Peter Horn rich
Frank R. Himmelberger
James M. Hain
Abraham W. Hain
Cornelius Himmelberger
John Hollenbach
Augustus Hushower
Elizabeth Hechler
Hilbert & Lamm
William F. Hechler
William A. Hechler
Levi Jones
Thomas Kocher
John J. Kocher
Martin Kussler
George W. Kaucher
Annie S. Krick
Mary H. Kutz
J. Frank Kline
John Keener



William Latshaw Est.

Otto Lind

Jacob D. Leinbach

Howard Leinbach

Charles G. Labe

Walter Xarkin

J. Calivin Leinbach

J. P. Lee

William W. Leinbach

Charles H. Lotz

Charles J. Link

Jacob A. Leightheiser

Calvin A. Leinbach

George F. Mertz

Elizabeth Matz

William W. Matz

Nathan H. Miller

William H. Moyer

John Mish

Thomas Mogel

WilHam A. Miller

John Miller
George Manning
Ezra O. Miller
Frank J. Moyer
Wilson E. F. Miller
Daniel M. Miller
Peter F. Mogel
McQuade Bros.
Henry F. Miller
Frank P. Matz
William W. Machemer
Lizzie E. Markley
Charles Mee
Daniel A. Mosser
Christian Ortmiller
Patrick M. Odear
Jacob D. Potts
Irvin W. Potteiger
William H. Quinter
Charles R. Quinter
Howard N. Rishel
James M. Reifsnyder
John H. Reinert
J. S. Reber
Mary Ringler
Solomon Ringler
Arus Rhode
William H. Riegel
Ralph L. Ritzman
James L Rishel
C. Milton Rintz



Frank Anderson
William J. AUgaier
Harry Anderson
Dr. Silas Bums
Claude R. Bright
Raymond C. Bright
Edwin J. Bixler
Edgar J. Becker
Irvin M. Becker
Charles D. Bailey
Charles L. Becker
Adam E. Baer
Herbert S. Bryson
A. H. Bright
Levi F. Clay
Charles R. Clay
S. Irvin Christman
Fred Crossland
Harry E. Clark
David Care



Reuben Roth
Clarence L. Rahn
Thomas P. Rahn
Martin L. Ruth
David Roth
Conrad S. Reber
Edwin G. Ruth
Fred V. Shearer
Elijah B. Smith
Jacob P. Struble
Henry Schlegel
Joseph K. Strause
James C. Seltzer
Henry J. Smith
Angline Jane Shunk

Paul Schnabel
William J. Stamm
Mary M. Shanaman

Cletus Setley
Victor Setley

Reuben W. D. Schell

Lando Seitzinger

Charles H. Seiders

George H. Schwartz

George W. Swartz

Jacob Snyder

Monroe Stauffer

Ed. Spatz & John E. Hain

Benjamin H. Seidel

Joseph W. Shanaman

James G. Spatz

Isaiah B. Seibert

Mary A. Seibert

Mary A. Tobias

Henry F. Trostle

William F. Texter

John A. Ulrich

Ezra Von Neida & Bro.

Charles Voelker, Sr.

William F. Welder

Joseph Wounderly

Eva F. Weil

John H. Wise

Ernst Wolschendqrf

Stephen S. Wisser



Online LibraryMorton L. (Morton Luther) MontgomeryHistorical and biographical annals of Berks County, Pennsylvania, embracing a concise history of the county and a genealogical and biographical record of representative families, comp. by Morton L. Montgomery .. → online text (page 68 of 227)