Morton L. (Morton Luther) Montgomery.

Historical and biographical annals of Berks County, Pennsylvania, embracing a concise history of the county and a genealogical and biographical record of representative families, comp. by Morton L. Montgomery .. online

. (page 69 of 227)
Online LibraryMorton L. (Morton Luther) MontgomeryHistorical and biographical annals of Berks County, Pennsylvania, embracing a concise history of the county and a genealogical and biographical record of representative families, comp. by Morton L. Montgomery .. → online text (page 69 of 227)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


Wisser & Lesher

Frank Wanner

John B. Withers

Florence Frey Weidner

Jonas Weaver

Jacob C. Wolf

Homer S. Yost

J. G. Yarnell



Tenants



H. Walter Care
John F. Crouse
Thomas J. Crimmins
Henry I. Clay
Lewis L. Conrad
John R. Dellicker
Harry D. Dean
Walter Y. Dauber
Howard R. Deisher
William G. Dierolf
J. Frank Dohner
Frank Day
Albert H. Deeds
George Dundore
Harvey Y. Dauber
Thomas Eckenroth
John H. Ellis
John H. Eyrich
Stewart Esterline
Charles H. Ellis



290



HISTORY OF BERKS COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA



Ezra P. Etchberger
Charles A. Eyrich
Harry East
R. Resley Eckert
John J. Freyberger
William I. Fritz
Harry J. Fisher
Charles Folk
E. M. Feltenberger
Alfred B. Fies
George K. Fox
Charles J. Feather
Milton Fisher
Newton W. Fry
W. Calvin Fisher
Nathan F. Fisher
Irvin P. Fessler
Frank S. Forry
Harry Good
George W. Geiger
Jacob A. Geiger
Joseph Gahbler
John H. Gerhart
James A. Gerrett
John Grady
William A. Gring
Howard Groff
R. H. Gibson
Elmer L, Henne
William C. E. Herman
John E. Rain
Oliver S. Heck
Jacob Oscar Hill
Herbert W. Hechler
Henry Hoyer
John H. Hoyer
Wellington R. Hiester
Walter W. Heist
Charles Himmelberger
Stephen Holzinger
Jacob S. Heft
James M. Huber
Bert Heffelfingei
George Huffnagle
George R. Himmelberger
Irvin D. HefBeger
Irvin D. Hinnershitz

Charley A. Hinnershitz
William J. Hemniig
Frank M. Hain
John Himmelberger

George W. Hechler

Jacob A. Flechler

William C. Hechler

Curtis M. Flertz

Frank K. Hertz

Harry W. Hinnershitz

George Haldeman

Henry W. Haupt

George Jones

Henry A. Kemp

Simon S. Kline

Walter S. Kline

Elias Kunkelman

Charles Kalbach

Evan F. Kalbach

William G. Klopp

Granville M. Keim

Samuel Kummerer

Harry J. Kramer

Charles W. Koch

H. Urias Kliem

John H. Klopp

Charles A. Keller

William Killinger



Lewis O. Kantner
John A. Kintzer
Irvin D. Klopp
Thomas C. Lott
Joseph Livinghouse
Frank S. Lebo
Jeremiah H. Lebo
John Lind
Thomas Latshaw
Charles C. Lamm
Jonathan Lesher
John E. Leibensberger
Henry E. Leader
Robert W. Latshaw
William C. Lewars
Edward Law
Marion Larkin
George E. Leisey
Nathaniel W. Lieb
George R. Lieb
J. Edwin Lieb
Richard Leinbach
Milton Lamm
Harry S. Lobach
Nelson J. Leinbach
George W. Magargle
Samuel A. Machmer
William JNIadeira
James F. Matz
Robert B. Moyer
Isaac Moyer
George E. Moyer
John F. Morgan
William H. Martin
I. Lawrence Moyer
Harvey W. Moyer
Jacob E. Mnrry
Charles F. Mover
Charles B. Miller
Edwin Malev
Edward M. Miller
Howard G. ]\Tercer
Franklin S. Miller
William J. Mays
Isaac K. ^Miller
David Miller
David J. Miller
Charles Miller
Oscar E. Miller
George C. IMiller
George ^Mnimtz
William McAdoo
William H. Mays
Harry W. Moser
John L. Moser
Frederick G. Nunnemacher
Thomas G. Noll
Charles Noecker
John W. Noll
David Oswald
Patrick Odear
Charles E. Painter
Frank Peiffer
Charles F, Reichert
Howard H. Ritter
Wellington Reber
Edwin W. Ritz
Harvey C. Ritz
William J. Ritz
Howard H. Reifsnyder
Henry Ruffner
FT ward S. Rentz
Albert Rollman
Christian A. Reese ■
Charles P. Riegel



S. W. Rhoads
Samuel Rhoads
Henry H. Reber
Webb J. C. Rightmyer
John M. Shiffer
Harry Stuber
Thomas Stables
Walter C. Snyder
Howard J. Siegfried
William Stadelmyer
Benjamin F. Staram
Reginald E. Smith
Franklin H. Stoudt
John A. Stoudt
Martin Sweigert
Benjamin F. Spatz
Harvey E. Swisher
Eugene Sterner
John L. Shuler
Charles Y. Shaner
Alvin S. Schlegel
David H. Shunk
David F. Shunk
John Shunk
George A. Spavd
Frank H. Struble
John L. Steckler
Wilson K. Strauss
Charles Schaeffer
Oscar C. Schaeffer
Richard J. Stein
J. David Schaeffer
John Jacob Shanaman
Albert Stoudt
Irvin Stoudt
Charles H. Stoudt
Frederick S. Seidel
Frank B. Steigerwald
T. William Stamm
Levi S. Stamm
Edward Sohl



Harry A. Schneider
Charles A. Strunk
William H. Spatz
Howard S. Schaeffer
Oscar S. Schaeffer
Charles M. Schaeffer
William S. Schaeffer
William H. Tyson
Edward F. Thiele
Samuel A. Trupp
William B. Thomas
Frank P. Ulrich
Lewis Z. Voelker
Charles T. Voelker
John M. Wilson
Isaac Wolfinger
Harvey C. Wayne
Wellington B. Wayne
Joseph Weitzel
John Weitzel
Adam Weitzel
Cyrus W. Weller
Oscar W. Weil
Charles E. Wiedinmyer
William E. Wounderly
H. William Wagner
Clarence Wennell
Charles Waesner
John A. Wails
John T. Wails
Jacob Wenrich
John Woundly
_ Charles A. Weidner
Howard W. Whitmoyer
Samuel Weaver
Oscar Weible
William Weathers
Amel Ernst Wolf
Joel Ziemer
John Ziemer
John Ziegler
William Zechman



Paul P. Spahn
Arthur G. Smith

Officials for 1909. — The following list com-
prises the officials of the borough for the year
1909:

Chief Burgess, Arus Rhode
Toivn Council, Benjamin Seidel, President
Thomas Brossman. Treasurer
William Machmer
Walter Heist
Morris Geiss
William Hechler
Wilson Miller
Charles Voelker
Charles Miller, Secretary
School Board. Milton A. Gring, President
Thomas Flechler, Secretary
R. W. D. Schell, Treasurer
James T. Rishel
Wm. E. S. Hinnershitz
John Hetterly
Justices of the Peace, Frank Dohner

Ezra Etchberger
Constable, Flamilton Brown
Assessor, Claude Gruber
Collector, William H, Riegel
Auditors, Frederick Nunnemacher
Richard J. Stein
Irvin P. Fessler
Post-Office.— The post-office was established
June 23, 1,S92. The postmasters have been: S. S.
Wisser, William Tyson, Charles Schaeffer, and
Blankenbiller Brothers (the last named since 1904).



BOROUGHS



391



Industries

Brick Yards. — ^About 1847, Drexel Brothers
(John, Reuben and Jacob) started the manufac-
ture of common clay brick on a tract of land along
the Tulpehocken road several hundred feet north
of West Penn avenue and carried on the yard
for many years. George W. Drexel (a brother
of those named) was the last of this family to en-
gage in the business and he ceased in 1904.

Moyer & Co., of Reading, engaged in the manu-
facture of clay brick in West Reading in 1885, and
have continued until the present time. They start-
ed with a limited annual production, but gradually
developed their business until they came to em-
ploy from seventy to one hundred hands and to
produce annually 5,000,000; which are sold almost
entirely to local trade for building and paving
purposes at Reading and West Reading.

Conrad Kaltenbach started in 1894 and estab-
lished a large plant for the manufacture of brick
by machinery and carried on the business exten-
sively until 1900, when he sold it to Simon Kline;
and Mr. Kline has continued until the present
time. His trade is local. He employs twenty-
five to thirty hands, operates the plant the whole
year, and produces about 5,000,000 annually. He
owns in a connected tract about twenty-five acres
of land, which lie betwen Third and Sixth streets,
south of Chestnut.

Crusher Plants. — ^About 1870, while the project-
ed South Mountain railroad was being extended
from Strausstown by way of Bernville to a point
opposite Reading, a quarry was opened at "Lein-
bach's Hill," adjoining the west end of the Penn
street bridge. Different parties operated the quarry
and a crusher to supply crushed stone with more
or less success for upward of thirty years, when
the property was leased from the owner. Rev.
George Bornemann, by the McQuade Brothers
(James P. and Michael), of Pottstown, in 1906,
when they substituted a larger and more improved
crusher with a daily capacity of six hundred tons
and have since operated it very successfully. Ar-
rangements are now being made (April, 1909) to
enlarge the daily capacity to nine hundred tons,
to meet the demands of their business. Most of'
their product is supplied to the city of Reading.
They employ fifty hands and ten teams.

In 1906, . Simon Kline established a crusher on
his premises and has since carried it on in con-
nection with his brick works. He employs ten
men and produces about an hundred tons daily.

Hat Factory. — In 1880 George W. Alexander
erected a large three-story brick factory for the
manufacture of wool hats and equipped it with
the necessary machinery, and after carrying on
business in a very successful manner for ten years
the plant was destroyed by fire. He immediately
rebuilt the factory and equipped it with the most
improved machinery for the manufacture of soft
fur hats. His son Edgar then became a partner
and they traded under the name of George W.



Alexander & Son. In 1903 the father died and
since then the son has continued the business in
the same firm name. This enterprise provides
employment for about three hundred hands.

Keiser Manufacturing Company. — David PI.
Keiser, after having been connected with the
Wilkinson Shear Company at Reading for upward
of ten years, embarked in the business of manu-
facturing sheep and grass shears at West Reading
in 1903. He established a plant and 'has since de-
veloped a large trade which extends to all parts
of the world. He employs twenty-five hands.

Himmelberger Carriage Works. — F. R. Himmel-
berger started making buggies and wagons at
Reading in 1883, and carried on business two
years, when he located in West Reading, a short
distance beyond the Penn street bridge, and oper-
ated a plant there with George H. Smith as a
partner, trading as Himmelberger & Smith, for
thirteen years. Then Smith withdrew, to engage
in the same business at Reading, and Himmel-
berger established a larger plant on Second street,
which he has conducted in a very successful man-
ner until the present time, manufacturing all kinds
of buggies, light wagons and heavy wagons, which
are forwarded to all parts of this and the sur-
rounding counties. In 1907, he erected another
large building to meet the demands of his trade.
His plant is equipped with the latest improved
machinery. He has superior drying lumber sheds,
with upward of 75,000 feet of lumber (hard and
soft) on hand. He employs upward of thirty
mechanics and laborers. It is the largest works
of the kind in the county outside of Reading.
Mr. Himmelberger is interested in the local gov-
ernment, having served as the first chief burgess.

George M. Hain started a wagon works at Sink-
ing Spring in 1894, and after carrying on busi-
ness for five years located at West Reading, where
he has been engaged until the present time, mak-
ing carriages and wagons to order. He employs
five hands.

Bonnet Factory was established in 1907 by
Charles Voelker and his son Charles, trading as '
the Berks Manufacturing Company. They erected
a three-story brick building and equipped it with
machinery adapted to the making of sunbonnets,
children's plain suits, aprons, and dry-goods speci-
alties; with a complete laundry in the basement.
They employ from thirty to thirty-five hands, most-
ly females. Previously they had been engaged in
this business at Reading for several years.

Flour-mill. — In 1884, the large brick flour-mill
of Irving Shaneman at the foot of Penn street,
adjoining the bridge on the south, was removed in
the construction of the Pennsylvania Schuylkill
Valley railroad, and he then purchased a lot of
ground from Frederick R. Frill at the intersec-
tion of the river road with the turnpike and erect-
ed a large stone grist-mill to take its place for
carrying on his established trade. In 1891 Dan-
iel F. Dietrich became the owner and he equipped



292



HISTORY OF BERKS COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA



the building with the latest improved roller-process
machinery. He carried on the business extensive-
ly with his son Wellington as a partner until 1898,
when he sold the plant. It was afterward owned
and operated by different parties until 1905, when
Benjamin Cohen becamie the purchaser and since
then the mill has been carried on by him. Five
hands are employed. He lives at Altoona.

Sausage Factory. — -In 1890 Thomas Rahn estab-
lished a sausage factory at West Reading and has
since manufactured many tons of "summer" sau-
sage annually, which he disposes of at wholesale.
He started in the business at Shoemakersville and
was engaged there one year and in Muhlenberg
township several miles north of Reading four
years, when he located at West Reading.

Eagle Soap Works has been carried on since
1906 by Theodore M. Deck, manufacturing hard
and soft soaps, with several hands.

Holl Bakery has been carried on since 1894 by
Oscar P. Holl, employing several hands and de-
livery teams. He produces from two hundred
to five hundred loaves of bread daily and serves
many families. He also bakes pastry and cakes
of all kinds.

Brass Works was established at the west end of
the Penn street bridge in 1906 by John Fasig and
it has been occupied by several parties. It is a two-
story brick building.

Crew-Levick Company established an oil station
at Wyomissing in 1900 and removed it to West
Reading, adjoining the Belt Line railroad, in 1902.

Heck Coal Chutes. — In 1904, H. J. Heck, of
Reading, established large coal chutes along the
"Belt Line" which he has since enlarged, develop-
ing their total capacity to 20,000 tons. He sup-
plies a large trade at Reading as well as his patron-
age in West Reading.

First Store. — WilHam E. S. H^innershitz estab-
lished the first grocery store here in 1880, and has
carried it on since, though latterly in a limited way.
He has served as a school director of Spring town-
ship and the borough for twenty years and was
chiefly instrumental in securing a large and modern
school building for the eastern end of the township,
to answer the demand of the rapidly increasing pop-
ulation. [See biographical sketch in this publi-
cation.]

Wisser Store. — S. S. Wisser, after being in busi-
ness at Reading f6r several years, located in West
Reading in 1883 and established a grocery store
which he developed into a large and successful
stand. In 1902 he added a furniture department.
[See biographical sketch in this publication.]

In April, 1909, there were in the borough, besides
the industries and improvements detailed, the fol-
lowing :

Grocery stores 8 Hotels 2

Drug store 1 Restaurant 1

Retail meat shops 3 Barber shops 2



Blacksmith shops 2 Shoemaking shop 1

Wheelwright shops 3 Painter and paper-hanger 1

Carpet weaving shop .... 1 Physicians 2

Saddler and harness shop 1 Minister 1

Puhlic Improvements

Water Company. — George R. Frill and Charles
H. Schaeffer estabHshed the West Reading Water
Company in 1886, locating a pumping station and
filtration plant at the foot of Chestnut street, and the
reservoir (consisting of two cedar tanks) with a
total capacity of 50,000 gallons, where the large iron
stand-pipe was substituted in 1902^ 60 feet high and
20 feet in diameter, with a capacity of 150,000 gal-
lons. Mr. Frill was president until his decease in
1894 when he was succeeded by Mr. Schaeffer (who
had served as secretary) and Mr. Schaeffer has of-
ficiated since. Mr. Schaeffer's son, E. Carroll
Schaeffer, Esq., is the secretary and James F. Matz,
superintendent.

The company has about four hundred patrons.
It also supplies the inhabitants of the borough of
Wyomissing whose residences are situated east of
the Bernville road.

Fire Company. — The West Reading Fire Com-
pany was organized in 1901, secured a chemical en-
gine and erected a frame building with a bell tower.
It has one hundred members.

Belt Line. — A line of railroad was constructed
through the eastern section of West Reading and
opened for traffic in 1902 for the purpose of running
coal and freig-ht trains around Reading, in order to
avoid the congestion of trains at the depot and limit
the interruption to business at the Penn street cross-
ing.

Halls. — The third floor of the West Reading Ho-
tel has been set apart for amusement purposes.

The old one-story brick school building with its
extension, situated on Franklin street between Sec-
ond and Third streets, was purchased by William F.
Behringer, retail butcher, upon its abandonment by
the school directors when they took possession of
the new school building, and he converted it into a
hall for entertainments of all kinds. It is convenient
of access and has a seating capacity of several hun-
dred.

Churches .-vnd ScHOOLS.^JMembers of the Re-
formed denomination residing in West Reading or-
ganized a congregation in 1891 and erected a one-
story brick church building where they have held
services until the present time. A.rrangements are
being made to erect a superior new church in a
more prominent locality.

Members of the Lutheran denomination also
formed an organization and erected a one-story
brick church building in 1896, where they have
held services since.

In 1898 a large double two-story brick school
building was erected by the school district of Spring
township, which displayed the enterprise of the
directors and their appreciation of the future prom-
ise of West Reading, and when the borough was



BOROUGHS



293



established this school building became its prop-
erty. The total cost was near $30,000.

EcKERT Residence. — George J. Eckert (fire
brick manufacturer of Reading) was one of the
first purchasers of lots in West Reading, having
in 1874 purchased a block of lots along Penn ave-
nue extending from Second to Third streets, and
several years afterward erected on a knoll a fine
two-story mansion for his residence which has oc-
cupied much prominence in the town until the
present time.



SHILLINGTON

Incorporation. — The borough of Shillington,
embracing an area of 284 acres of land, was
erected by the court of Quarter Sessions of
Berks county on Aug. 18, 1908. The application
was presented on Sept. 9, 1907, and signed by 160
citizens of Cumru township, who resided in the
vicinity of the "Three-Mile House," a long-es-
tablished public place at the intersection of the
Lancaster road with the thoroughfare commonly
known as the "Philadelphia road," three miles
southwest from Reading. Many property holders
had entered a determined protest, but without
avail.

In 1844, John Beidler secured the farming land
there from the Valentine Stroup estate, upon which
the "Three-Mile House" came to be established as
a hotel, and the Beidlers have continued to own
it until the present time. In 1848, Samuel Shil-
ling purchased 128 acres, part of the same farm.
In 1860, he laid off part of the land into lots, and
soon afterward the' place came to be known as
Shillington. James G. Lash purchased part of
the farm and in -1891 laid it off into lots; after
which time the place grew rapidly by the erection
of dwellings. The post-office was established in
1884.

In 1893, the heirs of Jonathan Miller, deceased,
sold seventy-two acres, 107 perches of land to the
west of Shillington to Henry Ahrens, George Eltz
and J. B. Sterley, of Reading, and they laid it
off into lots, which they called Edison, and then
that section came to be improved rapidly. _

The hotel was a popular resort for many years,
more especially after a racing track had been es-
tablished there in 1868. Previously the highway
from that point toward Reading was occasionally
used in spirited running races by ambitious own-
ers of speedy horses, which attracted much public
attention.

This section of road from the hotel to the bridge
(crossing the Schuylkill river) was the first in the
county to be improved by the State Highway de-
partment. The improvement was made in 1904-07,
at a cost of $18,326.

Shillington became connected with Reading by
trolley line in 1890; and the same year the line
was extended to Mohnsville (now Mohnton).

First Officials. — The first election of borough



officials was held on Sept. 1, 1908, resulting in
the election of the following officials :

Chief Burgess, Adam Rollman
Council, Martin Fritz (3 years)

Geo. E. Schupp (3 years)
A. Harry Boyer (3 years)
James Fry (2 years)
John T. Strunk (3 years)
Oswin F. Kroyer (1 year)
Albert T.obias (1 year)
School Directors, William A. Miller (3 years)
Chas. M. Yetter (3 years)
Levi Lausch (2 years)
W. H. Dankle (2 years)
Frank Miller (1 year)
Harry G. Hain (1 year)
Auditors, Calvin Wise (3 years)

Enos Messner (2 years)
Judge of Election, Frank M. Grill
Inspectors, Charles Weiders
Oscar B. White

On Feb. 16, 1909, the regular spring election
was held and the following officials were elected
to complete the local government established the
previous September :

Chief Burgess, H. L. Hartman
Town Council, Oswin F. Kroyer

Irwin Bitting
School Directors, William Fichthorn

Harry G. Hain
Collector, Henry G. Fritz
Auditor, John W. Wertz
Justices of the Peace, Cyrus Brendle ,

Cyrus Hemmig
Constable, Charles Bossier

First Taxables. — The following list embraces
the names of the first taxables of the borough:



Joseph F. Artz
Cyrus D. Althouse
Howard W. Althouse
Caroline Artz
David U. Bortz
A. Harry Boyer
James Beckey
David B. Becker
Harry A. Beyler
Frank W. Bitting
David B. Becker
Lillie M. Baer
Emeline Body
Annie M. Bitting
Cornelius Beechert
Esther J. Bickel
Aaron E. Baer
Sophia Burkhart
Samuel G. Burkhart
Lydia Bickel
Irwin W. Bitting
Monroe Blankenbiller
Wellington Bickel
James M. Bartron
David A. Brensinger
Andrew G. Burkhart
Adam Brown
William H. Bohn
Augustus G. Body
William S. Bachman
Orville F. Becker
Frank F. Royer
Charles Bassler
Henry L. Clouser
Rosa Coldren



Samuel Curley
Elias H. Coldren
William B. Conrad
Addison F. Dietrich
Henry P. Deeds
Mary Deeds
William H. Dankle
Edward Dehart
Christian W. Erb
George B. Erb
Frank R. Eshelman
Lizzie Frees
John L. Fritz
Annie E. Fastnacht
Cyrus W. Fastnacht
Hannah Fry
James H. Fry
Charles H. Fisher
Annie Fromm
Matilda Fritz
William H. Fichthorn
Catharine Foreman
Harry T. Fritz
Catharine Fritz
Mary Flickinger
Henry Fritz
Henry G. Fritz
Martin H. Fritz
Harrison D. Foreman
L. W. Frankhouser
Ella C. Goodman
George H. Gaul
Franklin P. Gaul
Benneville M. Gaul
Frank M. Grill



294



HISTORY OF BERKS COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA



Adam iF. E. Grill
John M. Grill
Howard G. Gettis
Daniel D. GoU
Annie M. Hartman
Nelson Hoffert
Benton L. Hemmig
Abner M. Harding
Harvey' T. Huyett
Cyrus H. Hemmig
Annie Houser
Nicholas J. Hoffert
Grace T. Hoffert
Jacob C. Hoshauer
Dr. M. Luther Huyett
Henry T. Hofifert
Martin H. Hertzog
Ella R. Hornberger
Benneville H. Hemmig
Mary M. Hill
Harry G. Hain
Dr. L. G. Hain
William P. High
Sallie A. High
Amelia Hill
Sallie Knauer
Oswin F. Kroyer
Susan Kring
Harvey Kring
William S. Krick
Wellington S. Krick
Amos Kurtz
Levi W. Kachel
George S. Kleinginna
Henry K. Kieffer
Elizabeth Kurtz
Wellington Kachel
John Kefifer
Pierce Killian
S. B. Klopp
Frank J. Klopp
Charles W. Lorah
Isaac G. Leininger
Mrs. Gordon Lutz
James G. Lash Estate
Charles Marks
Priscilla Marks
Ella A. Matz
Rachel Moyer
F. P. Matz Estate
Charles G. Moser
David Matz
Henry V. Mohn
William V. Mohn
Frank H. Miller
John Y. Matz
Louisa Matz
Jacob U. Matz
Mary H. Mohn
S. H. Miller Estate
James N. Miller
Lillie W. Miller
Amanda Moore
Rhein B. Messner
William W. Miller
Harrv O. Moyer
William A. Matz
William A. Martin
Henry B. Matz
George H. Matz
Ida R. Miller



Eugene H. G. Arnold
Jacob B. Artz



Joseph R. Naugle
A. Frank Naugle
Elizabeth Oberholtzer
Mary Ott

James H. Pennapacker
James F. Pennapacker
William H. Palm
John H. Price
Katharyne J. Porter
Charles Rintz
Cyrus Reber
Ella Reber
Rebecca Reber
Francis Ruflner
Adam Rollman
Henry R. Ruth
Howard E. Ruth
Amos E. Ruth
John H. Romig
Mary N. Savage
John Streitberger
George Shupp
Amanda Schnader
Catherine Schnable
Wilson Sweitzer
James A. Stafford
Maria Schaeffer
Charles T. Scott
Maria Schweitzer
Anna Schweitzer
Jacob Schadle
L. W. Spires
Samuel B. Schweitzer
Herman G. Sowa
Amelia Spears
George E. Schaefifer
Jacob S. Steininger
Levi D. Stetler
Clinton E. Shilling
Frederick E. E. Shilling
Howard M. Shilling
William M. Stetler
John T. Strunk
David L. Stoner
Edwin E. Smith
George H. Trout
Albert H. Tobias
Jacob S. Tothero
Isaac Tothero
Lucy N. Tothero
James R. Trout
Iilichacl Thiry
Elmer F. Trostel
William Trostel
James Von Neida .
Ezra G. Von Neida
William A. Wentzel
John M. Wertz
Carolina Wertz
Jonathan Wanger
Oscar B. White
Mary H. White
Sarah B. Wilson
John Wolfkill
J. Calvin Weiss
Peter White
Charles M. Yetter
Emma B. Yetter
Harry W. Zwally
Matilda B. Zellers



Tenants



Edwin L. Artz
Irvin Artz



Nathan Althouse
William H. Arnold
Jacob R. Artz
Frank Althouse
William H. Bitting
Marvin C. Beck
Alvin Binkly
Daniel D. Brendel
Dyson S. Bradley
Irvin Bright



Online LibraryMorton L. (Morton Luther) MontgomeryHistorical and biographical annals of Berks County, Pennsylvania, embracing a concise history of the county and a genealogical and biographical record of representative families, comp. by Morton L. Montgomery .. → online text (page 69 of 227)