Newton Bateman.

Historical encyclopedia of Illinois online

. (page 201 of 207)
Online LibraryNewton BatemanHistorical encyclopedia of Illinois → online text (page 201 of 207)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


United Brethren, and Baptist. The first of
these, in order in time, was the Methodist.
Reference has been already made to the class
established by Mr. Archibald Long, an early
settler and local preacher. Through his efforts
a modest church building was erected in 1842,
and eight years later the congregation built
their present commodious house of worship.
Its original membership was thirty, and this
has been increased to eighty. Rev. W. S.
Welsh, a minister noted for piety and elo-
quence, is the present pastor, and Rev. G. W.
Shafer is class leader.

The Baptist Society was organized early in
the forties, by Elders A. Gogorth and C. Hum-
phrey, and for a while numbered about forty.
Of late years it has lost through deaths and
removals, until only a few remain. They nev-
ertheless maintain their organization, and
monthly services are conducted by Rev. S. H.
Humphrey.

The Christian Church in the township was
organized in 1854, by Revs. John Miller and
Gaston. The first officers were: Jonathan
Price and A. L. Reece, Elders; and Joseph
Rauth and Charles Smith, Deacons. At the
outset the membership was about thirty, and
services were held in the school house for the
first ten years. At the end of that time the
congregation erected their present comfortable
house. The present membership is about one
hundred, and the officers are: Joseph Beery
and J. W. Ogden, Elders; Charles Martin, Ed-
win, John and C. E. Routh, Deacons; Mrs.



K N OX CO U N 'J' V.



939



Kate Routh, Sally Moon and Ophelia Bliss,
Deaconesses.

The Church of the United Brethren was or-
ganized in 1S59, and the denomination has a
well-built edifice, on Section 2S. The present
membership is about forty. Rev. Mr. White
is pastor.

The population of Chestnut Township, as
shown by the United States census returns, at
stated intervals, has been as follows: 1840,
three hundred and thirty-five; in 1860, twelve
hundred and sixty-eight; in 1870, eleven hun-
dred and forty-four; in 1880, one thousand and
eighty-seven; in 1890, nine hundred and nine-
teen.

One veteran of the Mexican War — W. W.
McMaster — resides within its limits. It fur-
nished its full quota under each call during the
War of the Rebellion, besides a number of vol-
unteers who were credited to other localities.
School District No. 5 sent thirty-eight men to
the frojit, of whom three were given commis-
sions on the score of bravery in action, viz.: —
Davis Vulganiore, made Captain, and Samuel
Way, Lieutenant, in the Seventh Illinois Cav-
alry; and John Hall, Lieutenant in the Eighty-
sixth Infantry Volunteers.

HERMON.

The village of Hermon was platted by Arch-
ibald Long, May 3, 1842. A fairly good clew
to Mr. Long's politics is afforded by the fact
that he named it Harrisonville. It did not
grow rapidly at first, the United States census
giving the place a population of only eighty-
four in 1850, eight years after it had been
platted. The change of name was made in 1848,
on the establishment of a postoffice. For sev-
eral years it was more or less of a business
place, but the rapid development of Knoxville
and Abingdon, with their better railroad facili-
ties, sounded its death knell. Today it is noth-
ing more than a dull, country postoffice, on the
line of the Iowa Central Railway. It can boast
of two general stores, a blacksmith shop, and
two churches.

The Independent Order of Odd Fellows has a
flourishing lodge, as also has the order of
Modern American Woodmen. The former was
instituted August 31. 187.5, the charter mem-
bers being C. E. Edmonson, S. P. Moon, Daniel
Landes, Charles Thomas and H. M. Reece. Of
these only the last named is yet living. The
first officers were: S. P. Moon, N. G.; Daniel
Landis, V. G.; C. B. Edmonson. Secretary; and



H. M. Reece, Treasurer. The present officers
are: David E. McMaster, N. G.; S. C. Patten-
gill, V, G.; Charles Scaver and H. M. Reece,
Secretaries; Samuel Pattengill, Treasurer. The
lodge owns its own hall and has a surplus of
nearly twelve hundred dollars in its treasury.
The present membership is the smallest since
the institution, numbering only twelve.

The Camp of the Modern Woodmen of Amer-
ica was organized July 23, 189G, with fifteen
charter members, and the following officers:
John Smith, V. C; A. L. Browning, W. A.;
W. D. T. Moon, Banker. There are now twenty-
five members, with the following officers: John
Smith. V. C; Ira Rogers, W. A.; W. D. T.
Moon. Banker; and A. L. Browning, Clerk.

BURNSIDE, MARK; Farmer; Chestnut
Township; born in Maquon, November 4, 1862;
educated in the common schools. His parents
were William and Julia (Terry), the former
was born in Virginia. His maternal grand-
father was John Terry, and his paternal grand-
father was another William Burnside, also born
in Virginia. February 13, 1884, in Chestnut
Township, Mr. Burnside was married to Maud
Cranston. They had three children: Robert
Roy, born December 25, 1884; Lula Pearl, bora
October IS, 1886, and Orpha Kitt, born Janu-
ary 31, 1889. Mrs. Burnside was born in Wood-
stock, Ohio, December 20, 1862, She is the
daughter of Charles and Keturah Cranston,
who are living at ilalesburg. She is a mem-
ber of the Universalist Church. Mr. Burnside
owns a farm of four hundred and eighty acres,
located in Sections 9 and 10, and has a very
fine residence. He is a large dealer in cattle,
hogs, and sheep. In politics, Mr. Burnside is
a republican.

CRAMER, BENJAMIN; Parmer; dhestnut
Township; born in Ohio, January 10, 1839; edu-
cated in the common schools. His parents, Wil-
liam and Sarah (Shutes) Cramer, were natives
of Ohio, and were born respectively January
25, 1804, and September 13, 1805, and died in
1875, and 1872. They were married September
1, 1824. His maternal grandmother was Sarah
Shutes, and his paternal grandfather was
Adams Cramer. Mr. Cramer was married to
Louisa Haynes in November, I860, in Chestnut
Township. They had four children: A. H.,
born December 8, 1861; George E., born No-
vember 22, 1863; Grace C, born November 5,
1869; and Asa, born March 13. 1877. Mrs. Cra-
mer was born in Orange Township, Knox
County, Illinois, January 30, 1842. She was
the daughter of Herman L. and Gerilla Haynes,
who died in Orange Township. Mr. Cramer is
a republican and has been Assessor for a num-
ber of terms; Road Commissioner two terms,
and School Director for twenty years. He has
been a dealer in grain and live-stock as well as
a farmer. His farm of two hundred and fifteen
acres is situated two and one-half miles south-
east of DeLong on Sections 1, 3, 4, 9, 10. Mr,



KNOX COUNT Y.



Cramer and his wife belong to tlie Methodist
Church.

DAVIS, JOHN E.; Farmer; Chestnut Town-
ship; born December 7, 1866, in Indian Point
Township; educated in the common schools.
His father, Samuel Davis, was born in Somer-
setshire, England, and died in 1S92; his moth-
er, Lucy J. (Bond), born in Clinton County,
Ohio, is still living in Hermon. His maternal
grandparents were Walter and Ellen (Moon)
Bond: his paternal grandfather, James Davis,
was born in England. August 25, 18S9, Mr.
Davis was married in Chestnut Township to
Rosa D. Hopkins. They have had two chil-
dren, Nell, born April 29, 1891, and Floy, bom
August 12, 1893. Mrs. Davis was born in Chest-
nut Township August 25, 1868, and is the
daughter of Thomas and Salile A. (Bootem)
Hopkins. Mr. Hopkins was born January 4.
1831. He was a soldier in Company M, Four-
teenth Illinois Cavalry, and after serving three
years, was mustered out at the close of the
war. He died August 23, 1895. Mr. Davis is a
republican and has been Justice of the Peace
and School Director in Chestnut Township. He
has been Notary Public for five years, and is a
member of the Knights of Pythias, Lodge No.
334, at London Mills. He has a cottage home
on a farm of eighty acres in Section 21, which
is abundantly supplied with stock.

HOPKINS, MRS. SALLY A.; Chestnut
Township; born in Jackson County, Ohio,
February 17, 1832; educated in the common
schools. Her father, Laban Booton, was born
In Cabell County, Virginia, February 17, 1809;
her mother, Catharine (Shoemaker), was born
in Ohio June 6, 1812, and died January 29, 1861.
Her maternal grandparents were John Shoe-
maker and Sally (Woulfberger), the latter a
native of Pennsylvania. Her paternal grand-
father was Laban Booton; he was of English
descent; her paternal grandmother, Nancy
(Davis), was born in Wales. Mrs. Hopkins
taught school about seven years, and received
her first certificate from Judge Sanford, of
Knoxville. December 7, 1865, near Hermon,
Illinois, she was married to Thomas Hopkins;
they had four children: Willie G.. born Sep-
tember 3, 1866, died March 18, 1870; Rosa D.,
born August 25, 1868: Mary C, born November
24, 1870; and Frank L., born May 4, 1873. Rosa
D., married John E. Davis. Mr. Hopkins was
born in Glenmorganshire, Wales, January 4,
1831; his parents, Griffith and Mary Hopkins,
died in Portage County. Ohio. Mrs. Hopkins
came to Illinois in) 1836, and lived in the town-
ship of Chestnut, afterwards residing about
ten years in Peoria, when she returned to
Chestnut Township, where she and her hus-
band resided until the time of his death,
August 23, 1895. Mr. Hopkins was Supervisor
of Chestnut Township. Road Commissioner,
Assessor five years and School Director fifteen
years. He belonged to the Odd Fellows in Her-
mon and Peoria, and was a member of the
Grand Army of the Republic. He enlisted In
Company M. Fourteenth Illinois Cavalry, and
was mustered out in August, 1865. Mrs. Hop-



kins owns a farm of one hundred and sixty
acres, which she and her son are managing, on
Section 4, Township of Chestnut.

LUCAS, G. M. LEE; Farmer and Harness-
maker; Hermon, Chestnut Township; born
April 16, 1847, near Claysville, Washington
County, Pennsylvania. His parents. George L.
and Elizabeth Martha (McGuffln) Lucas, were
born near Claysville, Washington County,
Pennsylvania. The father, who was born
February 11, 1821, was a soldier in the Civil
War, and was Fourth Sergeant of Company I,
Seventy-seventh Illinois Volunteers. He died
in a hospital ship on the Mississippi river,
June 25, 1863. The mother was born February
28, 1821, and died September 25, 184S. His ma-
ternal grandparents were William McGuffin,
born in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, in
1796, and died November, 1847; and Mary
(Graham), born in Washington County, Penn-
sylvania, June, 1799. The paternal grandpa-
rents were Benjamin and Mary (Lee) Lucas,
born in Washington County, Pennsylvania,
September 5, 1795, and January 20, 1799, re-
spectively. The paternal great-grandfather,
Isaac Lucas, was born January 6, 1759, served
through the Revolution, and died April-8, 184S;
he was the son of Benjamin Lucas of Ply-
mouth, who was born in 1730, and died January
19, 1824; his father was William Lucas, the son
of Samuel Lucas, who was the son of Thomas
Lucas, who came from England and settled at
Plymouth, Massachusetts. Mr. G. M. Lee Lucas
was married December 20, 1870, in Elmwood
Township, Peoria County, to Catharine A.
Schenck. They have had eight children; An-
netta, born December 9, 1871; William L., born
September 12, 1873; Mattie Anna, born No-
vember 23, 1876; Henry Stewart, born January
13, 1879; Harlan Page, born November 29, 1881;
Alvia May, born October 29, 1883; Ray Leone,
born April 9, 1890; Ralph DeWltt, born July
11, 1892. Mrs. Lucas was born July 4, 1853,
near Greenbush, Preble County, Ohio, and was
the daughter of William L. and Catharine A.
(Snyder) Schenck. She is a member of the
Methodist Church. In the Spring of 1854, Mr.
Lucas came to Brimfield, Peoria County, Illi-
nois, and in 1894, came to Chestnut Township
and settled on a farm of one hundred and sixty
acres in Section 8. For fifteen years he had
been a farmer in Elba Township. Mr. Lucas
enlisted May 5, 1864, in Company D, One Hun-
dred and Thirty-second Illinois Volunteers and
was elected Corporal. He was Justice of the
Peace in Elba Township and now holds the
same office in Chestnut Township. He was on
the Grand Jury one fall term of court (1898)
at Galesburg. In religion Mr. Lucas is a Meth-
odist. In politics, he is a republican.

MATHER, L. R.; Farmer; Chestnut Town-
ship; born in Orange Township, November 30,
1862, where he was educated. His parents,
R. L. and Mary (Allen) Mather, were born in
Illinois; his paternal grandfather, Samuel
Mather, was a native of New York.
February 24, 1885, Mr. Mather was- mar-
ried. In Knoxville, to Alie Grim. They have



K N OX CO r K T Y.



four children: Stella .M.. boru November JS,
lb;S5; George E., born September 8, 1SS7; Ar-
thur C, horn February 11, 1891; Marie J., boru
June 19, 1S94. Mrs. Mather was born January
21, 1861: her parents were J. S. and Elemina
Grim, who are now living at Knoxville. She is
a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church
at Hermon. She was for seven years a teacher
in the public schools. Mr. Mather is Road Com-
missioner for Chestnut Township and has been
School Director for two terms. He is a mem-
ber of the Modern Woodmen of America, Mine
Shaft, of Knoxville. In politics, he is a repub-
lican. He has a farm of one hundred and sixty
acres and raises considerable stoclc.

MEEKS, D. E.; Farmer; Chestnut Township;
born in Knox County, May 23, 1861; educated
in the common schools. His father, Abram W.
Meeks, was a native of Virginia; his mother,
Martha E. (Bonner), was born in Missouri. In
Chestnut Township, September 1, 18SG, Mr.
Meeks was married to Netta Burnside. They
have two children, William B., born in April,
18SS, and Fay, born March 12, 1891. Mrs. Meeks
was born in Chestnut Township, December 25,
1864, and is the daughter of William and Julian
(Terry) Burnside, who are now living in Gales-
burg. Mr. Meeks' father, Abraham W. Meeks,
came from Ohio to Knox County about forty-
nine years ago and is now living at Knoxville.
Mr. Meeks' farm of two hundred and forty
acres is located on Section 21. He is a dealer
in horses, cattle, and hogs, and has a fine house
and out-buildings. The house is heated by a
furnace. In politics, Mr. Meeks' us a republican.

REECE, HENRY M.; Farmer; Chestnut
Township; born August 2, 1837, in Highland
County, Ohio; educated in the common schools
and in Abingdon College. His parents, Aquilla
L. and Susanna (Smith) Reece, were born in
Randolph County, North Carolina. His pa-
ternal grandfather was William Reece. Mr.
H. M. Reece was married first to Nancy Car-
ter; they had four children: Caroline, Clar-
ence, William, and John. His second marriage
was with Emma Owens; they had two children,
Harriet, and Frank. Mr. Reece came to Illi-
nois in 1850, and to Chestnut Township, Knox
County, in 1S54, and worked on his father's
farm. In 1862, he enlisted in the Civil War,
and was discharged from service July 3. 1865.
After leaving the army he lived in Ohio for six
months, and in Illinois for a j'ear. In 1868. he
went to Kansas, and at the end of five years
returned to Chestnut Township. In politfcs,
Mr. Reece is a republican, and has served as
Commissioner of Highways. Supervisor, and
Justice of the Peace. In 1898, he was elected
Treasurer of Knox County.

ROUTH, CHARLES E.; Farmer; Chestnut
Township; born in Fulton County, Ohio, De-
cember n, 1848; educated in Abingdon. His
father, J. D. Routh, was born in Clinton
County. Ohio, May 6, 1S19; his mother, Jane
A. (Smith), in Frederick County. Virginia,
January 28, 1816. His maternal grandparents.
John S. and Susan (Crouse) Smith, were natives



of Virginia, the former of Loudoun County.
His paternal grandparents were John and Jane
Routh, the former from North Carolina, the
latter from Tennessee. The paternal great-
grandparents, Joseph and Molly (Redferson)
Routh, were natives of North Carolina, while
the great-great-grandparents were Edward and
Hannah (Redferson); the husband was born
in Wales in 1776, and was of Scotch-Irish de-
scent. January 25, 1876, in Hermon, Mr. Routh
was married to Catharine J. M(irtin; they have
had two children: Francis E., born August 1,
1879; and John W., born July 3, 1888. Mrs.
Routh was born in Ohio March 8, 1858, being
the daughter of Francis and Eliza (Jones) Mar-
tin. She is a member of the Christian Church.
Mr. Routh came to Knox County with his pa-
rents in 1851, and settled on Section 22, Chest-
nut Township, where he now lives. His mother
died March 3, ISSS, but his fatner, who has
been Supervisor for five years. School Treas-
urer twenty-eight years. School Trustee eight
years. Commissioner of Highways, Assessor
and Collector, is living with him. Mr. Routh
enlisted in Company K, Seventh Illinois Cav-
alry, in the Civil War. He is Supervisor for
Chestnut Township, and has been Town Clerk
and Collector. In politics, he is a republican.
He is a member of the Christian Church. His
farm is on Section 22, two and one-half miles
east, and one-half mile south of Hermon.

SAMPSON, JOSIAH; Farmer; Chestnut
Township; born October 21, 1829, near Rich-
mond, Indiana; educated in log school house in
Knox County. His parents were Richard H.,
and Jane M. (Heath) Sampson of Maryland;
his paternal grandparents w^ere Richard Samp-
son of London, England, and Mary (Hamlin)
Sampson of Maryland; his great-grandfather,
Benjamin Franklin Sampson, died in England;
his maternal grandfather was Josiah Heath.
Mr. Sampson was married to Martha A. Street,
in Fulton County. March 25, 1852. They have
seven children living: Richara H., Martha E.,
Hulda I., Nicy Jane, Sir John Franklin, Elmer
E., and Alpha L. Mildred W. Rist, Mary 0. B.
Lowden, William, and Josiah are deceased. Tiie
last two died in infancy. Mrs. Sampson was
the daughter of William and Nancy (Combs)
Street of Virginia. They were pioneers in
Highland County, Ohio, and came to Fulton
County, Illinois, in 1837. Richard H. Sampson
came to Knox County, October, 1835, with
his wife and six children: Mary. Margaret E.,
Martha J.. Josiah. Rebecca, and Josephine.
Benjamin F.. Richard, Joseph C. and Tabitha
were born in Knox County. He first bought
and improved one hundred and sixty acres of
land, where he lived for fifteen years; he had
been a teacher in Maryland; he died in 1850.
His wife died in 1862. After his marriage, Jo-
siah Sampson, farmed in Fulton and McDon-
ough Counties, remaining in each for five
years; he then returned to Knox County,
bought out the other heirs to his father's
estate, and now owns eight hundred and sixty-
five acres of land in Chestnut Township. He Is



KNOX COUNTY.



a successful farmer and stock-raiser. In poli-
tics, Mr. Sampson is a democrat.

SHAFFER, GEORGE W.; Minister; Chest-
nut Township; born November 16, 1824, in Ly-
coming County, Pennsylvania; educated in the
common schools. His father, James Shaffer, was
a native of New Jersey; his mother, Margaret
(Brooks), was born in Pennsylvania. His ma-
ternal grandfather was Benjamin Brooks; his
paternal grandfather, Henry Shaffer, was a na-
tive of Germany. Mr. Shaffer's first wife was
Amanda, daughter of Thomas Logue, and was
born in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, where
her parents died. She was a member of the
Methodist Episcopal Church. There were three
children: Alonzo G. ; Thomas J., who enlisted
in the Eleventh Illinois Cavalry, during the
Civil War, and died in the hospital at Mem-
phis, Tennessee; and Emma Amanda, who
married Warren England, a lawyer in Knox
County. Mr. England died, and his widow
married William Jones. March 7, 1888, Mr.
Shaffer was married, in Chestnut Township, to
Mrs. Sally Leigh, widow of Clark Leigh, who
was born in Ohio, September 15, 1831; she was
the daughter of Archibald and Catharine Long,
born respectively in Tennessee and Virginia.
Mr. Shaffer was a circuit preacher in Potter
County, Pennsylvania, in the Methodist Episco-
pal Church. He served on the East Genesee
Conference, and preached at the Westfield
Pennsylvania charge. He came to Illinois in
1855, and preached at the Whitefleld charge.
After preaching seventeen years in the Central
Illinois Conference, he went to Washington
Territory and joined the Columbia River Con-
ference, where he remained for ten years, and
then returned to Chestnut Township. He is
now a local preacher and preaches occasion-
ally. Mr. Shaffer owns a farm in Washington,
but lives on a beautiful place three-quarters of
a mile south of Hermon, Illinois. In politics,
he is a prohibitionist. He is a member of the
Free Masons.

TOWNSEND, MAURICE JONES; Farmer;
Chestnut Township; born in Fond du Lac,
Wisconsin. January 23, 1859; educated in Hed-
ding College, Abingdon, Illinois. His father
was William Townsend, who was born in New
York; his mother was Lodema (Jones). The
father is still living in Chestnut Township; the
mother is deceased. Mr. Townsend was mar-
ried February 25, 1885, in Chestnut Township,
to Ruth Grice; they have two children: Jessie
Elvira, born March 17, 1889; and Estella Lo-
dema, born February 7, 1892. Mrs. Townsend
was born in Ohio March 17, 1858; she is the
daughter of Joseph and Susan Grice. Her
father is deceased. Mr. Townsend has been
Collector of the township of Chestnut for two
years, and is a School Trustee. He is a member
of the Knights of Pythias, Lodge No. 334, Lon-
don Mills. In politics, he is a republican.

WAINWRIGHT, DANIEL; Farmer; Chest-
nut Township; born May 4. 1829, in Clermont
County. Ohio; educated in the common schools
of Ohio. His parents were Vincent Wain-
wright of New Jersey, and Nancy (Hall) Wain-



wright, of Ohio; his grandfather was Daniel
Wainwright of New Jersey; his maternal
grandfather was Jeremiah Hall, of England. Mr.
Wainwright was married to Eliza J. Cramer
in Ohio, December 13, 1849. Their children
are: Vincent; Maguire; Joseph; Benedict (de-
ceased); Sarah E. Eiker, and Clara C. (de-
ceased). Mr. Wainwright settled on the farm
where he now resides in 1873, and has greatly
improved his land. Hia oldest son is in Louis-
iana, his second in Missouri, and one is at
home. His great-grandfather and two brothers
came to America from England, and were in
the Revolutionary War; his great-grandfather
was killed, and his grandfather was wounded;
his father died in 1844. Mr. Wainwright is in-
dependent in politics and has been Road Com-
missioner; he has been Supervisor three terms.
He is a member of the Methodist Church.

MAQUON TOWNSHIP.

By Dr. G. L. Knowles.

In 1827, ten years subsequent to the original
survey of this military tract, William Palmer
and family, consisting of his wife and five chil-
dren, located on the southwest quarter of Sec-
tion 3, about forty rods southeast of the pres-
ent limits of Maquon Village. This was doubt-
less the first white family to settle in Knox
County. Mr Palmer's cabin, made of black
hickory poles, stood in the midst of Indian gar-
dens, which were usually deserted by the sav-
ages in early spring in favor of better hunting
grounds farther west. They returned every
fall to remain during the winter, until the year
1832, when, as a result of the Black Hawk War,
they took a final leave and that neighborhood
knew them no more. Mr. Palmer lived here
five or six years, planted an orchard and cul-
tivated the gardens, or patches, vacated by the
Indians, and, as his cabin stood on the old
Galena trail, it afforded a stopping place for the
miners going to and from their homes in the
southeastern part of the State. A few years
later Palmer sold his cabin to Nelson Selby and
removed to St. Louis.

The following year Simeon Dolph, the pio-
neer ferryman of Spoon River, settled on Sec-
tion 4, building his cabin of logs where the
Rathbun house now stands. Owing, however,
to a suspicion of his having been implicated in
the death of an unknown traveler, he left the
community a short time afterwards.

In 1829. Mark Thurman, with nis family, set-
tled on Section 25, and one of his daughters,
Mrs. Hughs Thurman, of Yates City, still sur-
vives and is perhaps the oldest resident of the




THOMAS J. FOSTER.



KNOX COUNTY



!)4:3



county. The next year the families of
William Darnell, William Parmer, Thomas
Thurnian and James Milam settled on
Sections 24 and 25. They all came from
Highland County, Ohio. Subsequently a small,
but regular and ever increasing, stream of
settlers took up claims in the township, until,
in 1S37, it was thought a favorable opportunity
had arrived for laying out a village, which was
called Maquon. This is of Indian origin, sig-
nifying spoon. Sapol means river, and as the
stream bearing this name assumes somewhat
the shape of a spoon from source to mouth, it



Online LibraryNewton BatemanHistorical encyclopedia of Illinois → online text (page 201 of 207)