* Written during the Hundred Days.
539. FRAGMENTS OF A FAITH FORGOTTEN (Mead),
Lond. 1900; Liberal Translation of the New Testament (Har-
wood), 2 vols. Lond. 1868; Bishop's English (Moon), Lond.
1904; and others. Together 10 vols., various sizes and bind-
540. FRANCIS I, King of France, 1494-1547, Patron of
Literature and Art, friend of Grolier. Official L. S., on
vellum, March 7, 1535, ordering the payment of 600 "livres
tournois" to Baptiste d'Alvergne, gold-beater. Also 6 por-
traits of Francis I (one engraved by Cruel and printed in
colors, 1790, and another scarce one engraved after Raphael),
3 of his first wife, Queen Claude (one in colors), 2 of his sec-
ond wife, Eleonore of Austria, and 5 of his sister, Marguerite
de Valois (one in colors). 17 pieces (8 inlaid).
541. FRANCIS II, King of France (1544-60), husband
of Mary Stuart. Official L. S., on vellum, ordering the pay-
ment 960 "livres." Folio. Blois, Nov. 16, 1559. Also 2 scarce
engraved portraits of the King (one engraved by De Larmes-
in) and a colored one of Mary Stuart. 4 pieces.
* VERY SCARCE AUTOGRAPH.
542. FREDERICK I, King of Sweden (1676-1751). Official
D. S. in Swedish. 1 p. folio. Stockholm, Febr. 17, 1724. Also
a portrait. 2 pieces, both inlaid.
543. FRENCH ALLIANCE (Russell), N. Y. 1904; Gen.
Robert Lee. An Address (Wyeth), N. Y. 1906 ; Centralization
by Construction (Wise), Maryland, 1907; and others. To-
gether 30 pieces, 8vo, wrappers.
544. FRENCH PORTRAITS. Collection de Portraits des
Francais Celebres. Portraits. 8 vo, calf (plates slightly foxed).
545. FRENCH PORTRAITS. Galerie Universelle, ou
Recueil des Portraits des Personnages les plus celebres dans la
Politique, les Armes, les Sciences et les Arts. Ouvrage par-
ticulierement destine a retracer les traits des Membres de la
Legion d'Honneur. Publie par Decrouan. 150 fine litho-
graphic portraits from authentic originals. 2 vols. 4to, boards,
leather backs (one vol. shaken and slight stain on some mar-
gins). Paris: Decrouan, n. d.
546. FRENCH PORTRAITS. Les Rois de France. Notices
tirees des Galeries Historiques de Versailes, Paris, n. d. Les
Reines de France, par Mile A. Celliez. Tours, 1846; Rois &
Reines de France (imperfect). Numerous fine portraits. To-
gether 3 vols. royal 8vo, half leather.
547. FRENCH REVOLUTION. Tafereelen van de Staats-
omwenteling in Frankrijk. 170 engraved portraits and battle
scenes and 24 engraved title-pages with vignette views. 2 vols.
8vo, boards. Amsterdam, 1794-1806
548. FRERE (JOHN HOOKHAM). The Works of, in
Verse and Prose. Now first Collected with Prefatory Memoir
by his Nephews, W. E. and Sir Bartle Frere. Portraits.
2 vols. 8vo, red straight-grain morocco, gilt, gilt edges, by
Mansell. Lond. : B. M. Pickering, 1872
* An exceptionally fine copy of this beautiful edition, printed
at the Chiswick Press.
549. FRESSINET (BARON PHILIBERT, French Gen-
eral; distinguished himself at Lutzen and Leipzig). A. L. S.
to M. Julien, private secretary of the Minister of War, asking
the payment of two small amounts of money due to him as
indemnity for forage. 1 p. 4to. Paris, Nov. 9, 1808.
550. FRITH (W. P.). My Autobiography; and Reminis-
cences. Portraits. 3 vols. 8vo, half crimson morocco, gilt
tops, uncut, by Riviere. Lond. 1887-88
* EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED by the insertion of 48 portraits, views
and facsimiles. A. L. S. of the Author also inserted.
551. FURNITURE. Pugin's Gothic Furniture. 27 full-
page plates. Imperial 8vo, half cloth. [Lond., n. d.]
552. FYVIE (JOHN). Some Literary Eccentrics (of
England). Portraits. 8vo, half morocco, gilt back, gilt top,
uncut. N. Y. (Lond.), 1906
553. GARIBALDI (GIUSEPPE, one of the greatest figures
in the history of Italian Independence). L. S. in French.
1 p. 8vo. [London], Apr. 21, 1864. With 4 portraits. 5 pieces
554. GARRICK (DAVID). A. L. S., 1 p. 12mo, not dated.
With seal of Shakespeare's head.
* To Dr. Hay, mentioning Drury Lane.
555. GARRICK (DAVID). A New Prologue spoken by
Mr. Garrick, Thursday, April 5, 1750, at the representation
of Comus. FIRST EDITION. 5 pp. folio. 5 portraits by J.
Collyer and others, and a view of his home. 7 pieces.
556. GARRICK (MRS. DAVID). A. L. in the third per-
son. iy 2 pp. 4to. Not dated. To Miss Codogan, regarding a
medical receipt and other things. Inlaid. 2 portraits.
557. GARRICK CLUB. The Garrick Club; Notices of One
Hundred and Thirty-five of Its Former Members. Facsimile
manuscript. 8vo, cloth, uncut.
[N. Y.] : Privately Printed, 1896
* Limited to 240 copies.
558. GAUTIER (THEOPHILE). Mademoiselle de Maupin.
Photogravure illustrations. 4to, half green morocco, gilt top,
uncut. Paris: Privately Printed, n. d.
* Large Paper copy.
559. GELL (SIR WILLIAM) AND GANDY (JOHN P.).
Pompeiana : the Topography, Edifices and Ornaments of
Pompeii (including the Second series, comprising the Results
of the Excavations since 1819, by Sir William Bell, in 2 vols.).
FIRST EDITIONS of both Series. Numerous full-page plates
and vignette head- and tail-pieces, the vignettes in the second
series being on India Paper. 3 vols. imperial 8vo, brown
levant morocco, gilt backs, ornamental borders on sides, gilt
edges. Lond. 1817-32
* Fine set.
560. GENERATION OF JUDGES. Lond. 1886; Treatise
on Judicial Evidence (Dumont), Lond. 1825; Supreme Court
of the United States, its History. Phila. 1891 ; and others. To-
gether 10 vols., various sizes and bindings.
561. GEORGE ELIOT'S LIFE as related in her Letters
and Journals (Cross, Editor), 3 vols. N. Y., n. d. ; Selection
from the Correspondence of Abraham Hay ward (Carlisle,
Editor), 2 vols. N. Y. 1887; Letters and Memorials of Jane
Welsh Carlyle (Carlyle), N. Y. 1883. Together 6 vols. 12mo,
562. GERARD (COUNT ETIENNE MAURICE, Na-
poleon's General; fought at Jena, Erfurt and Wagram;
Marshal of France and twice War-Minister under Louis
Philippe). A. L. S., 1 p. 4to, June 31, N. Y. Pasted on card-
board. With portrait. 2 pieces.
563. GIBBON (EDWARD). The Decline and Fall of the
Roman Empire. New Edition. 4 vols. 8vo, cloth, gilt tops,
uncut. Lond. 1890
'564. GILBERT (W. S.). Original Plays. Three series.
3 vols. 12mo, cloth. Lond. 1886-95
* A. L. S. of author inserted.
565. GILBERT (W. S.). The "Bab" Ballads. Much
Sound and Little Sense. Lond.: Hotten, 1869; More "Bab"
Ballads. Lond.: Rutledge, n. d. Both profusely illustrated
by the author. FIRST EDITIONS. 2 vols. square 12mo, polished
calf, gilt, gilt inside borders, gilt edges, by Riviere.
Lond. 1869 and n. d.
* A. L. S. of the author inserted in ' ' Bab ' ' Ballads.
566. GLEIG (REV. G. R.). Essays, Biographical, His-
torical, and Miscellaneous. FIRST EDITION. 2 vols. 8vo, calf
(bindings rubbed). Lond. 1858
567. [GODWIN (WILLIAM).] The History of the Life
of William Pitt, Earl of Chatham. 8vo, brown levant mo-
rocco, gilt top, uncut, by Black well.
Lond.: Printed for the author, 1783
* EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED by the insertion of 79 portraits and
views, most of them contemporary, and some scarce.
568. GOETHE (J. WOLFGANG VON). L. S., 1 p. 8vo.
Weimar, Febr. 18, 1821. With 12 portraits. 13 pieces (7
569. GOLDSMITH (OLIVER). The Life and Times of
Oliver Goldsmith. By John Forster. 2 vols. 8vo, light
polished calf, gilt backs, leather labels, gilt tops, inside borders,
uncut. Lond. 1854
* EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED by the insertion of 75 engraved por-
traits of the friends and contemporaries of Goldsmith.
570. GOODRICH (FRANK B.). The Court of Napoleon;
or, Society under the First Empire. With portraits of its
Beauties, Wits and Heroines, 6y Jules Champagne. Royal
8vo, stamped morocco, gilt edges. Phila. 1864
571. GOSSE (EDMUND W.). English Odes. FIRST EDI-
TION. Frontispiece. Small 8vo, blue levant morocco, gilt
back, inside borders, gilt top, uncut, by Bradstreet.
* LARGE PAPER, one of 50 copies on Hand-made paper, signed
by Charles Whittingham Co. EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED by the in-
sertion of 81 portraits, including some on India paper.
572. GOSSE (EDMUND). Hedda Gabler, a Drama in
Four Acts. By Henrik Ibsen. Translated from the Nor-
wegian by Edmund Gosse. Portrait. Small 4to, wrappers,
uncut. Lond. 1891
* Large Paper edition, No. 25 of 100 copies.
573. GOSSE (EDMUND). Gossip in a Library. FIRST
EDITION. Portraits. Small 4to, original boards, cloth back, un-
cut. Lond. 1892
* LARGE PAPER, limited to 100 copies, each numbered and
signed by the author. Inserted is an original 1-page manu-
script in the handwriting of the author, being the first page
of his article, "Gerard's Herbal."
574. GOSSE (EDMUND). A Short History of Modern
English Literature (Chaucer to Spenser). 12mo, half blue
levant morocco, gilt back, gilt top, uncut. N. Y. 1898
* EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED by the insertion of 55 engraved por-
traits of the various authors mentioned in the work, with
some of their contemporaries.
r>7.~>. GOSSIP ABOUT PORTRAITS (Tiffin), Lond. 1866;
Elements of Art Criticism (Samson), Phila. 1869; John
( 'art IT Brown Library. Dedication of the Library Building.
Providence, 1905; and others. Together 9 vols., various sizes
576. GOURGAUD (GASPARD, General of Artillery;
saved twice the life of Napoleon ; fought at Waterloo ; accom-
panied the Emperor to St. Helena; author of the Campagne
of 1815, etc.; Peer of France under Louis Philippe). A. L. S.,
declining the invitation of the President of the Republic on
account of his health. iy 2 pp. 4to. Paris, Febr. 13, 1849.
With 4 portraits. 5 pieces (4 inlaid).
577. GRAMMONT (COUNT). Memoirs of the Court of
Charles the Second. With Numerous Additions and Illus-
trations, as Edited by Sir Walter Scott. Portraits. 12mo,
red levant morocco, gilt back, gilt top, uncut, by Riviere.
* EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED by the insertion of about 70 fine por-
traits and illustrations, including the scarce Scriven portraits
and the Deloit series of plates on India Paper.
'578. GRANGER (REV. J.). A Collection of Portraits to
Illustrate Granger's Biog. Hist, of England, and Noble's
Continuation to Granger; forming a Supplement to Richard-
son 's Copies of Rare Granger Portraits. 52 portraits. 2 vols.
in one, 4to, half morocco (few margins slightly foxed).
* LARGE PAPER COPY. Lond. 1820-22
579. GRANGER (REV. J.). A Biographical History of
England from Egbert the Great with the continuation by Rev.
Mark Noble. Numerous portraits. 9 vols. 8vo, original boards,
uncut (broken, some backs missing). Lond. 1824-06
580. GRANGER (REV. J.). A Series of Four Hundred
and Six Historical Portraits to Illustrate Granger's Bio-
graphical History of England. Engraved from the rare Origi-
nals by Pass, Elstracke, Faithorne, Hollar, Gaywood and
others, from the Collections of Richardson, Rodd, Cailfield,
Ricraft, etc., forming the Largest Collection of Granger Por-
traits hitherto published. 2 vols. 8vo, boards, uncut (binding
cracked). Lond., n. d.
* Edition limited to 50 copies.
581. GRANVILLE (MARY). The Autobiography and
Correspondence of Mary Granville, Mrs. Delany. With Inter-
esting Reminiscences of King George the Third and Queen
Charlotte. Edited by Lady Llanover. First and Second
series. Portraits. 6 vols. 8vo, polished calf, gilt backs, in-
side borders, gilt edges, by Morrell. Lond. : Bentley, 1861-62
* EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED by the insertion of 206 engraved por-
traits. Fine set of the best edition.
582. GRASS OF PARASSUS (Lang), Lond. 1889; Idylls
of the King (Tennyson), FIRST EDITION. Lond. 1859; Lec-
tures on the British Poets (Reed), 2 vols. Phila. 1867; Poems
(Jackson), Bost. 1893. Together 5 vols. 12mo, cloth.
583. GRAY (THOMAS). The Poems of Mr. Gray. With
Notes by Gilbert Wakefield. Portraits. 8vo, green morocco,
gilt, gilt edges (few pp. slightly foxed). Lond. 3786
* EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED by the insertion of 12 additional por-
traits and plates, including some by Westall.
584. GRAY (THOMAS). The Poems of Gray. New Edi-
tion. Plates after Fuseli. 8vo, blue levant morocco, gilt back,
sides with gilt lines and corner ornaments, inside border, gilt
top, uncut, by Blackwell (one plate stained). Lond. 1800
* LARGE PAPER COPY.
585. GRAY (THOMAS). The Works of Thomas Gray.
Edited by Rev. John Mitford. Portrait. 5 vols. 16mo, cloth,
uncut. Lond.: W. Pickering, 1835- '43- '53
586. GREEN BAG (THE). An Entertaining Magazine
for Lawyers. Numerous portraits and illustrations. Together
13 vols. bound and 73 parts, royal 8vo, half morocco and
paper. Bost. 1891-1912
587. GREENE (GEORGE WASHINGTON). Biographi-
cal Studies. N. Y. I860; Nathanael Greene. Bost. 1866.
2 vols. 8vo and 12mo, cloth and half morocco.
588. GREGO (JOSEPH). A History of Parliamentary
Elections and Electioneering in the Old Days. Colored Front-
ispiece and Numerous Illustrations. 8vo, cloth. Lond. 1886
589. GREGORY XVI (1765-1846). Brief authorizing the
marriage of cousins in second degree. On vellum. Rome,
Febr. 11, 1833.
590. GREVILLE (CHARLES C. P.). The Greville Me-
moirs: a Journal of the Reigns of King George IV, King
William IV, and Queen Victoria. Edited by Henry Reeve.
Portrait. 8 vols. 8vo, cloth, uncut (backs slightly discolored).
591. GRISWOLD (RUFUS W.). The Poets and Poetry
of England, in the Nineteenth Century. Portraits and plates.
8vo, dark blue levant morocco, gilt back, gilt sides, inside
borders, gilt edges, by Stikeman. Phila. 1846
* EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED by the insertion of 63 additional por-
traits and views, and an A. L. S. of the author.
592. GROLIER CLUB. Fitzgerald (Edward). Rubaiyat
of Omar Khayyam, the Astronomer-Poet of Persia. Rendered
into English Verse. 8vo, wrappers, uncut.
N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1885
* Edition limited to 150 copies on Japan Paper. VERY
593. GROLIER CLUB. Transactions of the Grolier Club
from its Foundation, January, 1884, to July, 1885; Part I.
Small 4to, original wrappers, uncut. N. Y. 1885
594. GROLIER CLUB. A Lecture on Bookbinding as a
Fine Art, delivered before the Grolier Club, Feb. 26, 1885.
By Robert Hoe. Illustrations of bindings. 4to, cloth back,
board sides, uncut. N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1886
* Only 200 copies printed on Holland paper.
595. GROLIER CLUB. Peg Woffington. By Charles R^ade.
2 vols. small 8vo, white cloth, gilt, uncut.
N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1887
* One of 250 copies on Holland paper.
596. GROLIER CLUB. The Philobiblon of Richard De
Bury. Edited from the best Manuscripts and Translated
into English, with an Introduction and Notes, by A. F. West.
Colored initials, illustrations and facsimiles. 3 vols. square
8vo, vellum, uncut. N. Y.: The Grolier Club, 1889
* One of 297 copies. .
597. GROLIER CLUB. Areopagitica. A Speech of Mr.
John Milton for the Liberty of Unlicensed Printing, to the
Parliament of England. With an introduction by James R.
Lowell. Portrait. 16mo, boards, uncut.
N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1890
* One of 325 copies on Holland paper.
598. GROLIER CLUB. Washington Irving; A Sketch.
By George W. Curtis. 8vo, red roan, gilt top, uncut.
N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1891
*Only 344 copies on Hand-made paper. A. L. S. of the
599. GROLIER CLUB. Catalogue of an Exhibition of
Illuminated and Painted Manuscripts, together with a few
Early Printed Books and Illuminations. Also, some Examples
of Persian Manuscripts. 22 facsimiles in photogravure.
Square 8vo, cloth, uncut. N. Y. 1892
*Limited to 350 copies.
600. GROLIER CLUB. Catalogue of Original and Early
Editions of some of the Poetical and Prose Works of English
Writers from Langland to Wither, With Collations and Notes.
Being a contribution to the Bibliography of English Litera-
ture. 87 facsimiles of title-pages and frontispieces. 8vo, half
morocco, uncut. N. Y. 1893
* One of 400 copies.
601. GROLIER CLUB. A Classified List of Early Ameri-
can Book-Plates. With a Brief Description of the Principal
Styles and a Note as to the Prominent Engravers. By Charles
D. Allen. Illustrations. 8vo, wrappers, uncut.
N. Y.: The Grolier Club, 1894
* One of 350 copies on Italian Hand-made paper.
602. GROLIER CLUB. Transactions of the Grolier Club ;
From July, 1885, to February, 1894. Part II. Facsimiles.
Small 4to, wrappers, uncut. N. Y. 1894
603. GROLIER CLUB. Catalogue of the Engraved Work
of Asher B. Durand. Portrait and facsimile. 8vo, wrappers,
uncut. N. Y. : The Grolier Club, J895
* LARGE PAPER. Only 350 copies printed. A. L. S. of A. B.
604. GROLIER CLUB. Catalogue of the Engraved Work
of Asher B. Durand. Portrait and facsimile. 8vo, wrappers
uncut (wrappers spotted). N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1895
* LARGE PAPER. Only 350 copies printed.
605. GROLIER CLUB. The Poems of John Donne; from
the Text of the Edition of 1633. Revised by James R. Lowell.
"With a Preface, an Introduction, and Notes by C. E. Norton.
2 etched portraits by Ferris. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth, uncut.
N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1895
* One of 380 copies on Hand-made paper.
606. GROLIER CLUB. The Catalogue of Books from the
Libraries or Collections of Celebrated Bibliophiles and Illus-
trious Persons of the Past with Arms or Devices upon the
Bindings. Exhibited at the Grolier Club in the month of
January, 1895. Illustrations. 8vo, cloth, uncut.
N. Y.: The Grolier Club, 1895
* One of 350 copies on Holland paper.
607. - - Another copy, the same.
608. GROLIER CLUB. A Description of the Early
Printed Books owned by the Grolier Club, with a Brief ac-
count of their Printers and the History of Typography in
the Fifteenth Century. Illustrated with facsimiles. Royal
Svo, half calf, uncut. N. Y. 1895
* One of 400 copies on Hand-made paper.
609. GROLIER CLUB. Catalogue of an Exhibition Illus-
trative of a Centenary of Artistic Lithography. 1796-1896
Illustrations. Svo, wrappers, uncut.
N. Y.: The Grolier Club, 1896
* One of 400 copies on Hand-made paper.
610. GROLIER CLUB. The Charles Whittinghams,
Printers. By Arthur Warren. Portraits, views and fac-
similes. Royal Svo, half green morocco, uncut.
N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1896
* One of 385 copies on Hand-made paper.
611. - - Another copy, the same.
612. GROLIER CLUB. A Chronological Catalogue of the
Engravings, Dry-Point^ and Etchings of Albert Durer, as
exhibited at the Grolier Club. Compiled by S. R. Koehler.
I-'iiH-page plates and other illustrations reproduced from old
l>ritx, etc. Imperial Svo, cloth, uncut.
N. Y.: The Grolier Club, 1897
* Only 400 copies on Holland paper.
613. - - Another copy, the same.
614. GROLIER CLUB. Carlyle (Thomas). Two Note
Books of Thomas Carlyle, from 23d March, 1822, to 16th May,
1832.. Edited by C. E. Norton. 2 portraits and facsimiles.
12mo, half morocco, gilt top, uncut. N. Y. 1898
* One of 387 copies.
615. GROLIER CLUB. The Life of Charles Henry, Count
Iloyiii, Eminent French Bibliophile, 1694-1736. By Baron
Jerome Pichon. 2 engraved portraits, binding facsimiles, and
illustrations. Royal 8vo, original brocade silk binding, mo-
rocco back, uncut. N. Y. : Grolier Club, 1899
* One of 303 copies on Hand-made paper. 3 A. L. 's S. BY
COUNT HOYM LAID IN.
616. GROLIER CLUB. Transactions of the Grolier Club.
From February, 1894, to July, 1899, Part III. Illustrations.
Square 8vo, boards, uncut. N. Y. 1899
617. GROLIER CLUB. Boccaccio (Giovanni). A Trans-
lation of Boccaccio's Life of Dante. With an Introduction
and a Note on the Portraits of Dante by G. R. Carpenter.
Portrait of Dante, and a folding vi&w of Florence. Square
8vo, original boards, uncut. N. Y. 1900
* One of 300 copies.
618. GROLIER CLUB. Catalogue of Etchings and Dry-
Points by Rembrandt. Selected for Exhibition at the Grolier
Club of the City of New York. April-May, 1900. Portrait.
Square 8vo, cloth, uncut. N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1900 1
* Edition limited to 310 copies.
619. GROLIER CLUB. Catalogue of an Exhibition of
First and other Editions of the Works of John Dryden (1631-
1700). Photogravure portrait. 8vo, boards, uncut and un-
opened. N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1900
* LARGE PAPER; only 200 copies printed on Hand-made
620. GROLIER CLUB. De Vinne (Theodore Low). Title-
pages as seen by a Printer. 'With numerous illustrations in
facsimile and some observations on the Early and Recent
Printing of Books. 8vo, half leather, uncut. N. Y. 1901
* Limited to 325 copies.
621. GROLIER CLUB. Catalogue of an Exhibition of
Selected Works of the Poets Laureate of England (Chaucer
to . Tennyson ). Portrait on India paper. 8vo, boards, uncut
and unopened. N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1901
* LARGE PAPER; only 300 copies on Hand-made paper.
622. GROLIER CLUB. The History of Helyas, Knight of
the Swan. Translated by Robert Copeland from the French
version published in Paris in 1504. A Literal Reprint in the
Types of Wynkin De Worde after the Unique Copy printed
by him upon Parchment in London, MCCCCCXII. Woodcuts.
Square 8vo, decorated pigskin, with clasps, uncut.
N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1901
* One of 325 copies on Whatman paper.
623. GROLIER CLUB. One Hundred Books Famous in
English Literature with Facsimiles of the Title-Pages. Intro-
duction by George E. Woodberry. Many facsimiles of rare
titles. Royal 8vo, vellum back, board sides, uncut. N. Y. 1902
* LARGE PAPER, one of 305 copies on Hand-made paper.
624. GROLIER CLUB. Bibliographical Notes on One
Hundred Books Famous in English Literature. By Henry
W. Kent. Royal 8vo, vellum back, board sides, uncut.
N. Y. 1903
* LARGE PAPER, one of 305 copies on French Hand-made
625. GROLIER CLUB. Catalogue of an Exhibition of
Original and Early Editions of Italian Books. Selected from
a Collection designed to illustrate the Development of Italian
Literature. Illustrations. 8vo, boards, uncut.
N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1904
* Only 306 copies on Hand-made paper.
626. GROLIER CLUB. Transactions of The Grolier Club,
from 1885 to 1894. Part 2. Illustrations. Royal 8vo, wrap-
pers, uncut. N. Y. : The Grolier Club, *304
* Only 750 copies on Hand-made paper.
627. GROLIER CLUB. Catalogue of Original and Early
Editions of some of the Poetical and Prose Works of English
Writers from Wither to Prior. With Collations, Notes and
more than 200 facsimiles of title-pages and frontispieces.
3 vols. royal 8vo, half morocco, uncut. N. Y. 1905
* One of an Edition of 400 copies on Holland Hand-made
628. GROLIER CLUB. Researches Concerning Jean
Grolier, His Life and His Library. With a Partial Catalogue
of His Books by A. J. V. Le Roux De Lincy. Edited by Baron
Roger Portalis. Translated and Revised by Carolyn Shipman.
Numerous fine facsimiles in colors on Japanese vellum paper,
many being reproductions from old bindings. Imperial 8vo,
half blue morocco, uncut. N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1907
* One of 300 copies on Hand-made paper.
629. GROLIER CLUB. The Scarlet Letter. By Nathaniel
Hawthorne. Illustrations by George H. Boughton. Royal
8vo, half cloth, uncut. N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1908
* Only 300 copies on Hand-made paper.
630. GROLIER CLUB. Depositio Cornuti Typographic! :
That is, A Comical or Mirthful Play ; which can be performed
without any offence, at the Reception and Confirmation of a
Journeyman who has learned honestly the Noble Art of Book-
Printing. By John Rist. 8vo, half cloth, uncut.
N. Y. : The Grolier Club, 1911
* Only 250 copies on Glaslan paper.
631. GROLIER CLUB. Thackeray (W. M.). Reading a
Poem. Head- and tail-pieces after sketches by Thackeray, re-
drawn by W. A. Dwiggins, icho also designed the title and
colophon. 8vo, boards, uncut. N. Y. 1911
* Edition limited to 250 copies.
632. GROLIER CLUB. Pope (Alexander). A Catalogue
of the First Edition of the Works of Alexander Pope (1688-
1744) together with a Collection of the Engraved portraits
of the Poet and of his Friends. Portraits and a facsimile.
8vo, cloth, uncut. N. Y. 1911
* Limited to 200 copies on Handmade paper.
633. GROLIER CLUB YEAR BOOKS. For 1892, 1894
to 1903, 1905 to 1908. Together 15 vols. 12mo, half vellum
and boards, uncut. N. Y. 1892-08
634. GROLIER CLUB CATALOGUES. Plans and Views
of New York City from 1651 to 1860. N. Y. 1897; Early
American Engraving upon Copper. N. Y. 1908 ; Engraved
Portraits of Washington. N. Y. 1900; and others. Together
13 pieces, wrappers.
635. GROLIER CLUB. Catalogue of Etchings and Dry-
Points (Whistler), N. Y. 1904; Catalogue of Etchings and
Drawings (Meryon), N. Y. 1898; Catalogue of Etchings, Dry-
Points and Mezzotints (Haden), N. Y. 1902; and others. To-
gether 8 pieces, 12mo, wrappers.
636. GROLIER CLUB LEAFLETS. Announcement Cards,