Copyright
Dana Reed Bailey.

History of Minnehaha county, South Dakota. Containing an account of its settlements, growth, development and resources ... Synopsis of public records, biographical sketches .. online

. (page 44 of 99)
Online LibraryDana Reed BaileyHistory of Minnehaha county, South Dakota. Containing an account of its settlements, growth, development and resources ... Synopsis of public records, biographical sketches .. → online text (page 44 of 99)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


committee to invest this money in books, which was to form a nucle-
ous of this library. About one hundred volumes were obtained and
rooms fitted up, and a public library in the village of Sioux Falls was
an established fact. Shortly after, through the efforts of the His-
tory Club, a second installment of books were added, at the cost of
about S1()0. In 1884, a literary society was organized in the city,
called the Humboldt Club, and the two clubs through a joint com-
mittee secured the incorporation of the Sioux Falls Library Associa-
tion on the 4th day of August, 1886, with a membership of fourteen
and the following board of directors: W. J. Skillman, E. P. Beebe,
W. R. Kingsbury, Mrs. Eliza T. Wilkes, Mrs. M. A. Kinney, Mrs.
Lona I. Robinson. Besides these, the list of charter members in-
cluded Mrs. D. S. Glidden, Mrs. M. A. Leavitt, T. H. Brown, S. A.
Brown, Wm. Beckler, Joel W. Parker, S. E. Young and H. T. Root.

In 1890, J. M. Bailey, Jr., opened his private library to the pub-
lic, and the books of the Sioux Falls public library were placed there.
Mr. Bailey's library was closed during the summer of 1891, owing to
his decease and the books belonging to the public library from this
time until January, 1892, were not obtainable.

On New Year's Day, 1892, the books belonging to the public
library were transferred to rooms in the Edmison- Jameson building.
At this time there were about five hundred books, but the number
has been constantly added to until it now numbers over two thousand
volumes.

This association has an annual and a life membership, and from
the fees obtained therefrom the association is maintained. The selec-
tion of books has been carefully made, and embraces such a variety



HISTORY OP MINNEHAHA COUNTV\ 405



of subjects that the readiii"' ])uh]ic is well served. The lil)rar\' is
o]ien three afternoons and Saturday evening- of each week, and is now
located in the Norton Murry block.

The Rev. W. J. Skillman was elected ])resident in 18S(), and re-
ceived five annual re-elections thereafter. In 1892, the Rev. A. H.
Grant was elected president for one year. At the annual election of
officers in 1893, E. A. Sherman was elected president, and has been
re-elected at each subsequent annual election. Mrs, Eliza T. Wilkes,
Mrs. T. A. Robinson, Mrs. D. S. Glidden and Miss Anna Emerson
have been prominent officials of the association, and active promoters
of its interests.

Ladies Musical Society. — This society oro-anized November 4,
1892, with the following- charter members: Miss Anna Strom, Mes-
dames F. H. Gillet,R. F. Pettig-rew, R. G. Parmley, U. S. G. Cherry,
D. S. Glidden, and Miss Mikkelsen. The first officers were Miss
Anna Strom president and Mrs. Glidden vice president.

The mere mention of the names of the charter members dis-
closes the fact that this org-anization was well supplied with musical
talent. The June following-, w^hen the first season's work had been
completed, the membership had increased to forty, and on Aug-ust 1,
1895, it had fifty-four members enrolled. Musicales were held ever}^
alternate Saturday afternoon during- the months from October to
June, inclusive, and at the close of the season a g-rand concert was
g-iven.

Several of the members of this society, notably Mrs. Etta Estey
Bovce, Mrs Anna Strom Smith, Mrs. E. A. Sherman, and Mrs. U.
S. G. Cherry, are hig-hly cultured musicians. It is to be reg-retted
that this org-anization which on many occasions g-ave the people of
Sioux Falls rare musical entertainments, throug-h removals from the
citv and the assumption of other important duties by its most de-
voted members, found it necessary to disband.

Minnehaha Mandskor. — This sing-ing- society org-anized De-
cember 21, 1890, with the following- charter members: G. Bie Ravn-
dal, J. A. Jacobson, T. Hamann, Dr. J. S. Johnson, John Solberg-,
G. H. Kiland, O. S. Swenson, A. Nesheim, R. A. Strom, K. E. Lo-
men, G. C. Christopherson, A. S. Johnson, Ole Oleson, O. Johnson,
P. A. Sorum, A. Kiland, M. Olson, C. E. Christopherson, P. Elling -
son, P. J. Morstad, Rev. H. B. Thorg-rimson.

The officers were: 1890, J. S. Johnson musical director, G. Bie
Ravndal president, K. E. Lomen vice president, T. Hamann secre-
tary and treasurer; 1891, A. K. Inseth muscial director, P. J. Mor-
stad president, A. Kiland vice president, T. Hamann secretary, and
David Jacobson treasurer; 1892, A. K. Inseth musical director, P.
A. Sorum president, A. Kiland vice president, T. Hamann secre-
tary, J. A. Jacobson treasurer; 1893, Carl Mannerud musical di-
rector, G. Bie Ravndal president, P. J. Morstad vice president, T.
Hamann secretary, J. A. Jacobson treasurer; 1894, all the officers
of the societv for 1893 were re-elected; 1895, Carl Mannerud musical
director, G. "Bie Ravndal president, P. A. Sorum vice president, T.
Hamann secretary, P. Elling-son treasurer. In 1896 and 1897 T. Ha-



406 HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY.



mann was president and Carl Mannerud musical director. In 1898,
K. E. Lomen was elected president, and Carl Mannerud director.

The Minnehaha Mandskor is worthy of a more extended notice
than the mere mention that it is a sing-ing- society and g"iving- a list of
its officials, for it was this org-anization that first conceived the idea
of bring-ino- all the Scandinavian sing-ing- societies of the Northwest
into a musical union. With this end in view, invitations were sent
to the diiferent Scandinavian sing-ing- societies of the territory men-
tioned, with the result that a meeting- was held in Germania hall
September 24, 1891, when the Northwestern Scandinavian Sing-ing-
Association was org-anized. Their first festival was held in Sioux
Falls on July 12, 13 and 14, 1892, when 250 sing-ers participated,
representing- eleven societies.^

This association held another g-reat festival at Sioux City in
Julv, 1894, and the Minnehaha Mandskor won the prize banner. But
the winning of the banner is a little matter of consequence to the
Minnehaha Mandskor, in comparison to the pride its members may
justly feel in seeing- their little plant so modestly born, result in an
org-anization extending- over so larg-e a territory, and annually bring -
ing- tog-ether hundreds of its members to enjoy a g-reat sing-ing- festi-
val and revive the beautiful song-s of their native land.

The Minnehaha Mandskor is one of the societies org-anized in
Sioux Falls that has been constantly g-rowing- in public favor, and
the people of this county hope that it will "live long- and prosper."

Woman's Benevolent Association. — This association was or-
g-anized in Sioux Falls on the 11th dav of Februarv, 1890.

Prior to this time, a few ladies of Sioux Falls known as the
"charity committee," had devoted considerable time to charitable
work among- the poor and afflicted of the city, and while so doing-, had
become convinced that there should be more laborers in the field,
and a more systematic course pursued than could be done without
a thoroug-h organization. With this end in view, this committee
framed a constitution and by-laws, and made an earnest appeal to the
women in the city to come tog-ether at the Presbyterian church on
the 11th day of February, 1890. This appeal brought tog-ether quite
a number of earnest women, who at once proceeded to adopt a con-
stitution and by-laws, and to elect officers of the association. Com-
mittees were appointed to have in charge special work, and as one of
the objects was to encourage people to become self-supporting-, as
well as to afford temporary relief to the unfortunate, an employment
bureau was established. A room was secured in the Syndicate
block, and a woman employed and put in charge. In addition to
securing situations for the needy, a school was organized for the
purpose of teaching young girls to sew, and how to care for their
persons in cleanliness and dress.

From the beginning this association has been doing agrand work,
and one of its features that is particularly worthy of commendation,
and one that gives it so much of the public confidence, is the system-
atic and thorough investigation that is made of all applications for
relief.

But we should fall short of giving a correct impression of what



HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY. 407



is being- done by this associations, if we failed to record the fact, that
it does not wait to receive applications for relief, but promptly in-
vestig-ates all reports of suffering's from poverty or sickness in the
city, and when found to be true, temporary relief is afforded.

This association has at all times had an efficient corps of officials,
and throug'h its g'ood work has become estal^lished as one of the in-
stitutions of the city that the people will not suffer to want for mater-
ial support.

The iirst officers elected were Mrs. J. A. Pettig-rew president,
Mrs. Hattie C. Phillips vice president, Mrs. J. K. Davis secretary,
Mrs. J. G. Eddy treasurer.

In September, 1891, Mrs. Hattie Phillips was elected president,
Mrs. Hartsoug-h vice president, Mrs. W. P. Carr secretary, Mrs.
J. G. Eddy treasurer.

In 1892, Mrs. T. B. McMartin was elected president, Mrs. Hattie
Phillips vice president, Mrs. J. W. Butterlield secretary, Mrs. A.
Beveridge treasurer.

Since 1892, Mrs. McMartin has been annually elected president
of the association, and as the chief executive officer, has conducted
its affairs to the g-reat satisfaction of the association and the public.

Hospitals. — A hospital was established in the city of Sioux Falls
during- the fall of 1888. It was located on the east side of the river,
and was principally the work of the Rev. Frederick Gardiner, then
rector of the Episcopal church in Sioux Falls. But there was not at
that time sufficient interest taken in such an enterprise to make it a
success, and after a few months the project was abandoned until the
summer of 1894, when a few g-entlemen of Sioux Falls and vicinity
conceived the idea of establishing- a hospital in the city. It was in-
corporated June 14, 1894, and was called the Sioux Falls Hospital.
The first directors of the corporation were B. H. Lien, A. Chris-
topherson, J. W. Jensen, A. Mikkelsen, Rev. N. Boe, A. Hovde,
M. D., G. Bie Ravndal, C. G. Leyse and G. H. Kiland of Sioux Falls,
J. A. Blilie of Flandreau, E. Dale of Spink county, John T. Lee of
Brandon, and R. Malmin of Yankton. The capital stock is S10,00(),
divided into shares of SIO each. The Seney residence property in
the northwestern part of the city was leased and comfortably and
appropriately fitted up for hospital purposes, and opened to the pub-
lic the first week of September following-. At the expiration of the
lease in the fall of 1896, the Cameron residence on Dakota avenue
was procured, and the hospital removed to that place. Dr. Zetlitz
has had g-eneral charg-e of the patients from the first, but the hosj)!-
tal is open to all physicians of the city. It has been well conducted,
and is now recog-nized as one of the established institutions of the
city of Sioux Falls.

TEMPERANCE SOCIETIES.

The first organization of a temperance society in ]\Iinnehaha county
of which there is any reliable record, was established l)y the ladies
of Sioux Falls on the 22d day of April, 1872. At that time Mes-
dames Phillips, Coats, Covell, Dickson, Franklin, Sharpe and a few
others, believing- that the welfare of the little villag-e would be



408 HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY.



proinoted bv a tempernnce society, met and perfected a temperance
ort>"anization.

The iirst meetings of the society were held in the barracks, of
course, and aside from its reo-ular business meeting-s, one meeting- was
had to which the ]niblic had been invited, and it was larg-ely attended.
xV platform had lieen made of dry-g-oods boxes and decorated with flag-s
made bv members of the society, one of these flag-s is now in the
possession of Mrs. Hattie Phillips, of Sioux Palls. All of the ap-
pointments were of a primitive character — a dirt floor, and seats con-
structed of boards laid upon boxes — but it was the first public tem-
perance meeting- in the county, and it was a pronounced success.
Mrs. Wm. VanEps, Mrs. Covell and Mr. O. O. Holman sang- several
temperance songfs. This society kept up its org-anization for about
a year.

On the 7th day of December, 1874, a lodg-e of Sons of Temper-
ance was org-anized in Sioux Falls, with a membership of twenty.
This org-anization flourished for a little more than a year, but did
nothing- of an ag-gressive character, confining- its work principally to
the dissemination of temperance literature and endeavoring* to save
young- people from the evils of intemperance.

The first of April, 1878, the Rev. J. H. Lozier commenced a
course of temperance lectures in Sioux Falls, and at its conclusion
on the 10th day of April, a pledg-e of total abstinance was sig-ned by
2(^1 persons. At this time it was proposed to make an ag-g-ressive
campaig-n ag-ainst intemperance; in short, to take a step in advance
of what had hitherto been done, and prosecute the illeg-al selling- of
intoxicating- liquors.

On the 25th day of June, 1878, a lodg-e of Good Templars was
org-anized in Sioux Palls, called the Dakota Temple of Honor No. 1,
and the following- oificers were elected: W. H. Phelps chief templar,
A. E. Welsh vice templar. Prank Van De Mark recorder, Wm.
Bainbridg-e treasurer, G. W. Howard financial recorder, C. V.
Booth chaplain, Georg-e Place usher, Geo. Thompson deputy
usher, Archie Smith g-uardian, E. Booth sentinel, J. C. Kahl past
templar. This org-anization flourished for awhile, but in the course
of a year it ceased to exist.

In March, 1881, another lodg-e of Good Templars was org-anized
with about fifty charter members, and this org-anization was kept up
for several years.

Woman's Christian Temperance Union. — This society was
org-anized December 12, 1880, and the charter members were: Mrs.
Hartsoug-h, Mrs. S. E. Young-, Mrs. Clark, Mrs. Hopkins, Mrs. God-
dard, Mrs. Richardson. President, Mrs. Wilkes; recording: secre-
tary, Mrs. David Brown; treasurer, Mrs. Robert Nation; vice presi-
dents, Mrs. Hartsoug-h Methodist, Mrs. Redfield Episcopal, Mrs.
Boulett First Baptist, Miss Anna Gerin Roman Catholic, Mrs. Ulrich
Free Methodist, Mrs. Young- Cong-reg-ational.

The officers in 1881 were: President, Mrs. Hartsoug-h; vice
presidents, Mrs. David Brown Methodist, Mrs. R. E. Watson Con-
g-reg-ational, Mrs. I. P. Loundsbury Baptist; recording- secretary,
Mrs. Robinson; treasurer, Mrs. Morris.



HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY, 409



1882. President, Mrs. R. K. Watson; vice presidents, Mrs. K.
(t. Wri<4-ht Methodist, Mrs. S. E. Yoiino- Presbyterian; record ini^-
secretary, Mrs. L. I. Robinson; treasurer, Mrs. K. A. Sherman.

18S3. President. Mrs. Watson; vice presidents, Mrs. Sava^-c
Episcopal, Mrs. Fairhead Con<>-reo'ational, Mrs. Hartsono-h Metlio-
dist; recordino- secretary. Miss Carrie Parker; corresponding- secre-
tary, Mrs. R. P. Pettig-rew; treasurer, Mrs. R. M. Kenney.

1884. President, Mrs. R. M. Kenney; vice presidents, Mrs.
David Brown, Mrs. S. E. Young-, Mrs. Miller, Miss Alma Pettig-rew,
Mrs. J. W. Leverett, Mrs. Savag-e, Mrs. Geo. Henton, Mrs. Ulrich,
Mrs. Manning-; recording- secretary, Mrs. L. I. Robinson; corre-
sponding- secretary, Mrs. R. P. Pettig-rew; treasurer. Miss Carrie
Parker.

1885. President, Mrs. Kenney; vice presidents, Mrs. Redding-,
Mrs. S. E. Young-, Mrs. J. W. Leverett, Mrs. Gus Brown, Mrs.
Henton, Mrs. Bean, Mrs. Skillman; recording- secretary Miss Carrie
Parker; corresponding- secretary, Mrs. R. P. Pettig-rew; treasurer,
Miss Alma Pettigrew.

1880. The officers held over and no elections were had.

1887. President, Mrs. S. E. Young-; recording- secretary. Miss
Carrie Parker; treasurer, Mrs. R. F. Pettig-rew.

1888. President, Mrs. Rena Bowers; treasurer, Mrs. R. F.
Pettig-rew; secretary. Miss Carrie Parker.

The presidents from 1889 to 1895, inclusive, were as follows:
1889-90 Mrs. S. E. Young-; 1891-2 Mrs. Julia Bovce; 1893-4 Mrs. R.J.
Smart; 1895 Mrs. J. H. Sheldon.

Total number of members in Aug-ust, 1895, thirty-five.

The Scandia Total Abstinence Society. — This society was
org-anized January 26, 1894, and the following- officers were elected:
President, J. J. Brag-stad; vice president, Albert J. Norem; secre-
tary, Miss Gunda Fjeld; treasurer, Miss Mary Fanebust; second
term, president, A. Norem; vice president, Gunda Fjeld; secretary,
O. E. Myre; treasurer, Mary Fanebust; third term, president, T.
Gunderson; vice president, Peter Johnson; secretary. Miss v\. E.
Sanderson; treasurer. Miss Julia Brag-stad.

This society has kept up its org-anization, and labored zealously
to promote the cause of temperance.

Good Templars Lodge No. 255. — Lodg-e No. 255 of the I. O.
G. T. was org-anized in Sioux Falls January 27, 1801, with the fol-
lowing- charter members:

W. R. King-sbury, R. B. McClenon, W. J. Skillman, R. J. Wells,
J. M. Kerr, G. W. Ming-us, Lucius King-s])ury, Mrs. Luc\' King-s-
burv, C. V. Booth, Aug-ustus Loneous, Mrs. E. F. Loneous, T. J.
Brison, Mrs. Lottie Brison, Mrs. E. Chase, E. A. Anthony, Mrs. E.
A. Anthony, Mr. and Mrs. F. W. Grow, H. W. Hitchcock, Mrs. S.
G. Hitchcock, Mrs. Hattie C. Phillips, John J. Watts, Snell Watts,
Guv E. Keeney, May McLeod, S. H. Tibbetts, F. B. Smith, Wini-
fred Wilson, H. F. Hodg-don, Edward Foote, P. C. Pinkham, E. A.
Niles, H. R. Hodg-don.

The first officers were as follows: R. B. McClenon chief tem-



410 HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY.



plar, Mrs. Hattie C. Phillips vice chief templar, P. C. Pinkham
secretary, Mrs. E. F. Loneous treasurer. Since then the following-
named persons have filled the office of Chief Templar, in the order
named: 1892, R. B. McClenon, W. R. King-sburv, R. B. McClenon,
S. L. Brown; 1893, S. L. Brown, P. C. Pinkham, H. Cook, W. R.
King-sburv; 1894, S. L. Brown, I. G. Lawshe, S. L. Brown, I. G.
Lawshe; 1895, P. C. Pinkham, T. L. Wright, D. Powers. The mem-
bership in 1895 was fifty.

Young Men's Christian Association. — On the 28th day of
March, 1886, twenty-two young- men assembled at the German
American Loan & Trust Company's office in the city of Sioux Palls,
for the purpose of org-anizing- a Young- Men's Christian Association.
W. P. Furbeck was elected temporary chairman and Charles R.
Dean temporary secretary. At this meeting- it was decided to hold
a mass meeting- at an early date and to invite H. F. Williams, state
secretarv of Minnesota, to be present.

On the 10th day of April, 1886, a meeting- was held at Dr. S. A.
Brown's office and a permanent org-anization was perfected. Dr. A.
H. Tufts was elected president. Dr. S. A. Brown vice president, C.
R. Dean secretary and A. Beveridg-e treasurer. C. S. Palmer, T.
W. Noyes, John Sell, Dr. Fulford, E. P. Beebe and A. J. Rowland
were elected a board of directors.

On the 18th day of May, 1886, four rooms in the Sherman-Rich-
ardson block were rented by the association at the monthly rental of
twenty dollars; and on the 26th, T. M. Blowfield was elected tempo-
rary secretary, at a salary of twelve dollars and fiftv cents per week.

In June, 1886, the association invited G. R. Simpson of Faribault,
to become its g-eneral secretary, at a salary of eig-ht hundred dollars
a year, which was accepted, and Mr. Simpson removed to Sioux
Falls.

The first Sunday afternoon meeting was held on the 12th dav of
September, 1886, the Rev. P. E. Holp and the Rev. Joseph Ward of
Yankton conducting- the exercises. The first meeting- for men onlv,
was held on the 19th day of September of that year.

The first of January, 1887, Secretary Simpson resig-ned, and on
the 2d day of February^ C. D. Decker of Minnesota was called by the
association to the office of g-eneral secretary, to serve to June 1, 1887,
at a salary of sixty-five dollars per month, and very soon after he
came to Sioux Falls to serve in that capacity.

The first annual meeting- for the election of officers was held on
the 3d day of May, 1887. C. S. Palmer was elected president. Dr.
S. A. Brown vice president, A. Beveridg-e treasurer, and a board of
six directors was also elected. At a meeting- of the association on
the 6th of June following-, a resolution was passed expressing- g-reat
satisfaction with Secretar}^ Decker and offering- him the position for
another year at a monthly salary of seventy-five dollars, which offer
was accepted.

The second annual meeting- for the election of officers was held
on the first day of May, 1888. U. S. G. Cherry was elected presi-
dent, T. G. Brown vice president, W. H. Sherman treasurer; a board
of six directors was also elected. On the twenty-second day of
September, 1888, Secretary Decker resigned.



HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY, 411



In February, 1889, the officers of the association resiofned, and
an election was held to lill the vacancies. L. T. Butterfield was
elected president, Professor L. McCartney vice president, L. 1\\
Root treasurer, Benjamin Jones recordin^jf secretary, and a new
board of directors. At the annual election in May, the officers
elected in Pebruar}' were re-elected. On the 6th day of May, 188'),
a unanimous call was extended to Pred B. Smith to become the <ivn-
eral secretary of the association, at a salary of one thousand dollars
per year, which he accepted. The first of October the association
perfected articles of incorporation, and held an election on the 6th
day of October, 1889, when L. T. Butterfield was elected president,
H. M. Avery vice president, L. R. Root treasurer, P. L. Os^-ood re-
cordino- secretary, and a board of directors consistino- of ei<>dit mem-
bers. On the 25th of November a special meeting- was held, and it
was decided to select a suitable location and erect a buildini^- for tlie
association.

On the 13th day of January, 1890, rooms were leased of E. G.
Ledyard at a rental of one thousand dollars per year; and the asso-
ciation moved into the rooms the following- Pebruary.

On the 21st day of September, anniversary exercises were held
in the opera house, at which time C. L. Gates of New York, the in-
ternational secretarv of the railroad work of the association, deliv-
ered an address upon the branch of work which he represented.
President Butterfield reported that at the time P. B. Smith took
hold of the work as g-eneral secretary for the association the mem-
bership roll numbered 49 only — 37 bein^ active and 12 associate
members, but that throuo-h the efficient work of Secretary Smith the
membership had increased to 259, of which 112 were active, 91 asso-
ciate and 56 sustaining- members.

On Wednesday, October 22, 1890, the seventeenth annual con-
vention of the Young- Men's Christian Association of the states of
Minnesota and the two Dakotas commenced at 7:15 o'clock in the
evening- in the Cong-reg-ational church in Sioux Palls. This conven-
tion lasted until the Sunday evening- following*. A larg-e number of
people were present, including- several noted speakers from New
York, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota. The concluding- exercises
of this tri-state convention were held in the opera house and were
larg-elv attended. A series of resolutions were passed, one of which
protested ag-ainst the opening- of the World's Pair on the Lord's day.

About this time Mrs. Hattie Phillips offered to g-ive the associa-
tion a lot on Phillips avenue, if the association would erect a building-
thereon at a cost of $25,000. This offer was accepted, but the pro-
ject was never carried out for want of the necessary funds.

October 6, 1890, H. M. Avery was elected president, C. E. Baker
vice president, and at the same time a treasurer, recording- secretary
and a board of directors were elected.

On the 13th day of April, 1891, Secretary Smith sent in his res-
ig-nation, to take effect the first day of July following^. In May,
neg-otiations were entered into to secure the services of A. M.
Wig-ht of Summerville, Massachusetts, as secretary, which resulted
in his coming- to Sioux Palls and assuming- the duties of the office on
the 1st day of October, 1891.



412 HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY.



On the 6th day of October, 1891, at the annual meetino- L. D.
Spra<i-le was elected president, C. E. Baker vice president, P. C.
Pinkham recording- secretary, L. T. Butterfield treasurer, and a
hoard of eight directors.

At a meeting of the association on the 12th day of September,
1892, it was unanimously voted to retain the services of Mr. Wight as
secretary for another year, at a salary of twelve hundred dollars.

At the October election in 1892, the president, vice president,



Online LibraryDana Reed BaileyHistory of Minnehaha county, South Dakota. Containing an account of its settlements, growth, development and resources ... Synopsis of public records, biographical sketches .. → online text (page 44 of 99)