Copyright
Dana Reed Bailey.

History of Minnehaha county, South Dakota. Containing an account of its settlements, growth, development and resources ... Synopsis of public records, biographical sketches .. online

. (page 72 of 99)
Online LibraryDana Reed BaileyHistory of Minnehaha county, South Dakota. Containing an account of its settlements, growth, development and resources ... Synopsis of public records, biographical sketches .. → online text (page 72 of 99)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


building- was erected on the southeast quarter of the southeast quar-
ter of section 33 in Welling-ton. The following- ministers have had
charg-e of the church: The Reverends William Schmidt, Aug-ust
Hilmer, William Hilmer and H. G. Loenker, who is its present
pastor. There is also a Sunday school connected with the church
with an averag-e attendance of thirty-six.

Presbyterian Church.— This church was org-anized in 18">(),
with a membership of seven. The services are held in the school
house located on the southwest quarter of section 29 in Welling-ton,
(jnce in two weeks, and the Rev. T. B. Boug-hton has been conducting-
the services since its org-anization. The present membership is sev-
enteen. There is a foreig-n missionary society connected with the
church, also a Sunday school with about forty-five scholars.

Roman Catholic Church.— There is a Roman Catholic church
in this township, but we have failed to obtain its history. The
church building- erected a few years ag-o is quite a fine looking- struc-
ture, and is located near the west line and about the middle of the
township north and south. The Rev. Lawrence Kerley is the pres-
ent pastor.



784 HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY.



WELLINGTON TOAVNSHIP BOARD.

188L Aside from what incidentally appears in the town records
during- the vear 1881 there is nothing- to indicate who were the first
officers of the township, but it seems certain that L. T. Harper was
chairman and Wm. Pakler a member of the board of supervisors,
Thomas W. Robert clerk, and D. Staples assessor. The assessed
valuation of the township was S17,883. The first warrant drawn was
in the sum of S22, payable to D. Staples for services as assessor.

1882. Supervisors, L. B. Moore chairman, Henry Borcherding-,
Wm. Kasten; assessor, C. B. Martin; treasurer, F. Warner; Thomas
W. Robertc was elected clerk, but not qualifying-, the board on the
7th day of January appointed Arthur Jones to fill the vacancy.

1883. Supervisors, H. Borcherding-, Charles Searl, Wm.
Kasten; clerk, Arthur Jones; justice, Arthur McMillian; assessor,
C. F. Martin.

1884. At the first March election the following- officers were
elected: Supervisors, Charles Searl chairman, Henry Borcherd-
ing-, Wm. Kasten; clerk, Arthur Jones; treasurer, L. T. Harper; as-
sessor, Frank Chapin; justices, Arthur Jones, L. T. Harper; con-
stables, Franklin Warner, Arthur McMillan. It was ordered that
the town officers be paid S2 per day for services.

1885. Supervisors, Frank Chapin chairman, Henr}' Borcherd-
ing-, Wm. Kasten; clerk, Arthur Jones; treasurer, Stanley P. Searl;
assessor, D. J. Greene; justice, W. D. Bishop; constables, Samuel
Dawson, Peter Johnson. Thirty-six votes were cast at the annual
election. It was voted that the treasurer receive 4 per cent, of all
monev received by him for his services.

1886. Supervisors, L. T. Harper chairman, Henry Borcher-
ding-, Fred Eisert; clerk, Arthur Jones; treasurer, S. P. Searl; as-
sessor, Charles Searl; justices, O. S. Odell, Arthur Jones.
Thirty-eight votes were cast at the annnal election.

1887. Supervisors, L. T. Harper chairman, Wm. Kasten, Nick
Pott; clerk, Arthur Jones; treasurer, S. P. Searl; assessor, C. N.
Searl; constables, S. Dawson, C. Beaumont. On the 20 day of June
the board purchased a rig-ht of way around the slough on section 25,
from John Tesh.

1888. Supervisors, Nick Pott chairman, R. C. Jones, Henry
Borcherding; clerk, A. B. Jones; treasurer, S. P. Searl; assessor, C.
N. Searl; justice, A. Jones, Nick Pott. Thirty-three votes were
cast at the annual election.

1889. Supervisors, Wm. Kasten chairman, R. C. Jones, Wm.
Martin; clerk, Arthur Jones; treasurer, Wm. Fakler; assessor, H.
E. Jones; constables, S. Dawson, Charles Beaumout.

1890. Supervisors, R. C. Jones chairman, Wm. Martin, Theo-
dore Homan; clerk, Arthur Jones; treasurer, Wm. Fakler; assessor,
H. E. Jones; justices, R. C. Jones, Arthur Jones; constable, F. H.
Case.

1891. Supervisors, Wm. Martin chairman, Theo. Homan, R. C
Jones; clerk, Arthur Jones; treasurer, Wm. Fakler; assessor, H. E.
Jones; constable, Frank Keuter.



HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY 785



1892. Supervisors, Wm. Kasten chairman, Theo. Human, K.

C. Jones; clerk, Arthur Jones; treasurer, Wm.' Pakler; assessor, H.
E. Jones; justices, Wm. Martin, Arthur Jones; constable, F. H.
Case.

1893. Supervisors, Wm. Kasten chairman, R. C. Jones, Her-
bert Jones; clerk, H. E. Jones; treasurer, Wm. Fakler; assessor, A.
Jones; justices, A. Jones, W. D. Bishop; constables. Prank Keuter,
S. Searl. At the annual March meetino" it was resolved that "hunt-
ing- by non-residents be prohibited in the township of Welling-ton."

1894. Supervisors, Theo. Homan chairman, Wm. Kasten, R. C.
Jones; clerk, Herbert E. Jones; treasurer, Wm. Pakler; assessor, C.
N. Searl; justice, H. E. Jones; constables, Wm. Martin, L. B. Moore.

1895. Supervisors, Theo. Homan chairman, John L. Pritz, H.

D. Borcherding" clerk, Herbert E. Jones; treasurer, Wm. P^ikler;
assessor, J. M. Bundy.

1896. Supervisors, John L. Pritz chairman, Charles Staples,
W. H. Butt; clerk, Herbert D. Jones; treasurer, Wm. Pakler; as-
sessor, J. M. Bundy.

1897. Supervisors, Charles Staples chairman, H. D. Borcherd-
ing-, J. B. Even; clerk, H. E. Jones; treasurer, Wm. Pakler; assessor,
J. M. Bundy.

1898. Supervisors, Charles H. Staples chairman, H. D.
Borcherding-, J. B. Even; clerk, J. L. Pritz; treasurer, Wm. Pakler;
assessor, J. M. Bundy.

1899. Supervisors, J. B. Even chairman, H. D. Borcherding-,
James Rang-; clerk, J. L. I^ritz; treasurer, Wm. Pakler; assessor,
Ernest Koester; justices, H. L. Schweppe, C. P. Hoefert; consta-
bles, Henry Eng-elhart, J. J. Eng-el.

BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES.

Barnes, Erastus R., was born in Iowa county, Michig-an, June
7, 1844; worked on a farm and attended school until 1861, when he
enlisted in Company I, Pirst Reg-iment of United States Sharp-
shooters, and served two years; then eng-aged in the boot and shoe
l)usiness a few years; learned the tailor's trade, and came to Sioux
Palls on the 15th day of September, 1887, and eng-ag-ed in the mer-
chant tailor business, until 1896. He is now the owner of the L. T.
Harper farm of 400 acres in Welling-ton township, and is eng-ag-ed in
farming-. He is an enterprising- and respected citizen.

Bundy, John, was born in North Carolina, January 4, 1829. He
removed from there to Indiana and then to Minnesota, from whence
he came to Dakota, and located in this county May 20, 1878. He se-
cured by pre-emption the east half of the northeast (quarter of sec-
tion 22, and the west half of the ifbrthwest quarter of section 23, in
Welling-ton, where he still resides. He enlisted and served in the
13th Indiana, Companies C and E, from April 19, 1861, till Septem-
ber 19, 1865, and was slig-htly wounded twice. He is a g-ood citizen.

Butt, Wm. Henry, was born in Carbon countv, Penn., March
3, 1867. On the 22d day of March, 1880, he came'to Welling-ton in
this county, with his parents, and has since resided there. His



786 HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY.



father took up the northwest quarter of section 5, and the subject of
this sketch still lives on the old homestead, to which he has added by
purchase the southwest quarter of section 32 in Humboldt, and has
a g-ood farm of 320 acres. He has been a member of the town board
one year, and is a g-ood citizen.

Carls, Henry, came to the United States from Germany in
1870, and located in low^a for three years; then removed to Nevadaand
lived there about seven years, and came to this county in 1882, where
he has since remained. He located a tree claim on the northwest
cj^uarter of section 12, which he afterwards changed into a homestead,
and purchased the southwest quarter of the same section, in Well-
ington, and now has a good farm. He w^as born November 20, 1850.

Case, Francis H., was born at Canton Center, Hartford county,
Connecticut, June 29, 1862, and lived there until he removed to Da-
kota, except one summer which he spent in Minnesota. He came to
this county in March, 1878, and his mother, Mrs. Polly Case, took up
as a homestead the west half of the southwest quarter of section 20,
and the west half of the northwest quarter of section 20, in Welling-
ton, where he still resides. His sister, now Mrs. Stanley P. Searl,
also took up as a homestead the east half of section 29, which he
afterwards bought from her, and now resides there. He has been
constable of Wellington several years, and has held school district
offices.

Chapin, Frank H., is a native of New^ York, and w^as born in
1856. His parents removed to Minnesota when he was twelve years
old. He was educated in the public schools, and graduated from the
high school at Owatonna, Minnesota. On the 26th day of February,

1878, he came to this county and settled in Wellington"^ township, and
resided there until 1894, w^hen he removed to Escondido, California.
He was a good farmer, and ow^ned three-fourths of a section of land.
He was highly respected as a neighbor and citizen, and a wide circle
of acquaintances regretted his departure to his present home.

DuBBE, Christ, is a native of Germany, and was born Mav 9,
1853. He emigrated to this country and settled in Wellington in

1879. He secured the title to the southeast quarter of section 14,
under the homestead law, and now has a good farm.

Even, John B., was born in Iowa, May 13, 1864; was educated in
the public schools, and has always been"^ engaged in farming. In
March, 1893, he settled in Wellington, where he purchased the north-
east quarter of section 29. He has been a member of the town board
three years, and is its present chairman. In Julv, 1894, he was ap-
pointed postmaster and still retains the office. He is an enterpris-
ing, respected citizen.

Engle, Jurgen, came to this country from Germany in 1869.
He located m Wisconsin and remained there twelve years; then
removed to this county and took up by pre-emption the northeast
quarter of section 26, in Wellington, where he resides with his fam-
ily. He was born March 16, 1833,



HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY. 787



Fakler, William, has been a resident of Welling-ton township
since April 7, 1878. He is a native of Germany, and was born De-
cember 12, 1830. He emig-rated to Minnesota and resided there until
he removed to this county. Under the homestead and tree culture
laws he secured a farm of 320 acres in sections 2-1- and 25. He has
a u-ood farm, and is an active and respected citizen; was one of the
hrst supervisors of the town board of Welling-ton, and has been town
treasurer since 1889.

Gramkow, J. H., was ])orn in Mecklenburg-, Germany, Aug-ust
2, 1862. He emig-rated and lived in Wisconsin until he located in
this county January 29, 1879. He took up as a homestead the south-
west quarter of section 34, in Welling-ton, where he still resides and
has a g-ood farm. He has leld the office of clerk of the school board
several years, and is a gofm citizen.

Gramkow, Joseph, is ^j^ative of Mecklenburg-, Germany, and
was born in 1834. He emig-rated and came to Dakota in 1880, when
he took up as a homestead the southeast quarter of section 27, in
Welling-ton, where he still resides.

Harper, L. T., one of the first settlers of Welling-ton township,
was born in the town of Darien, Genesee county, New York, March
28, 1830. He removed to Pennsylvania and lived there and in Illinois
and Minnesota before he came to Dakota. In Januarv, 1878, he took
up a homestead and tree claim in section 21, in Welling-ton, where he
resided until November, 1889, when he sold his farm to Mr. Barnes
of Sioux Falls, and removed to Parker, Turner county, 8. D. In
1893, he removed to California, where he has since resided. He held
several town offices while a resident of Welling-ton, and was hig-hly
esteemed as a citizen.

Homan, Theodore, was born in Jackson county, Iowa, Septem-
ber 13, 1855. He lived there for tw^enty-eig-ht years, and came to
Welling-ton, March 25, 1883, where he has since resided. He owns
the northwest quarter of section 9, and the southeast quarter of sec-
tion 5, and is a successful farmer. He has been a member of the
town board of supervisors several years, two years as chairman, and
is a hig-hly esteemed citizen.

Jones, Arthur B., was born in New York on the 4th day of
February, 1854; was reared on a farm and educated in the common
schools. He resided for some time in Michig-an and Minnesota, and
arrived in this county in February, 1878, and settled in Welling-ton.
He took up the southeast quarter of section 29 and the northeast
quarter of section 32 under the homestead and tree culture laws. He
built the first frame house in Welling-ton on his homestead, and
planted the first tree in the township. He g-reatly improved his
farm with fruit trees, gfroves and comfortable building-s. He was
town clerk from 1882 to 1893, justice of the peace for several years,
and served as county commissioner five years. He was well liked as
a neig-hbor, was an upright official, and a public-spirited citizen. He
sold his farm and moved to the Pacific coast in 1893. It will take
him some years in his new home to secure as long- a list of warm
friends as he left in Minnehaha county.



788 HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY.

Kasten, William, was born in Pommern, Germany, in 1855;
emigrated to the United States in 1872, and resided in Wisconsin six
years; removed to Dakota in 1878, and settled in Minnehaha county
in 1879; took up as a homestead the southeast quarter of section 31,
and a few vears ag'o purchased the Arthur Jones farm in sections
29 and 32, where he now resides, and is farming- his old homestead
in connection ^vith his purchase. He is an enterprising- and suc-
cessful farmer; has held town offices several years, and is arespected
citizen.

Klucker, Samuel, was born in Switzerland, November 8, 1839,
and emigfrated to the United States and located in Ohio in 1852. On
the 18th day of April, 1861, he enlisted for three months in Company
D, 4th Ohio Infantry, and on the 4th day of June, 1861, enlisted in
the same company and regiment for three years. In the fall of 1862,
he was transferred at Harpers Perry into the 4th U. S. Artillery
under Gen. Call. When the order was issued that those who had less
than ninety days to serve and w^ould re-enlist, could have a f urloug-h
for thirty days, he availed himself of the order, g-ot his furloug'h and
re-enlisted for three years. Nineteen days after the issuance of the
furlougfh he was back in camp at Brandy Station. He served out his
time of enlistment, which expired the 13th day of February, 1867,
having- been in the field in active service five years and nine months.
This is his war record, and comments are unnecessary. He was for
a short time a resident of Larchwood, Iowa, and then came to Wel-
ling-ton, where at that time not an acre of prairie had been broken.
He made a timber claim filing- on the southwest quarter of section 13,
where he still resides. Mr. Klucker is a good, substantial farmer,
and highly esteemed as a neighbor and citizen.

Koester, Henry, is a native of Germany, and was born April
20, 1828. He emigrated to the United States and lived in Wisconsin
until 1880, when he removed to this county. He secured a home-
stead upon the northwest quarter of section 35, in Wellington, where
he resides and has a good farm. He has added to his farm by pur-
chase, and now owns about 480 acres of land. He is an enterprising
farmer and a good citizen.

Lechner, Jacob, came to this country from Germany, where
he was born July 24, 1848. He was in the German army, and served
during the war between Germany and France for three vears. Soon
after the close of the war he emigrated to this country, and after re-
siding in Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri a few^ years, came to Wel-
lington October 10, 1878, and located on the southwest quarter of
section 32, where he has since resided, and has a good farm.

LowTH, Michael F., came to Sioux Falls in April, 1878. He
soon after located a homestead in Wellington, where he died October
18, 1883. Before coming to this county he had been engaged ex-
tensively in the foundry and machine business at Owatonna, Minne-
sota. From January 1, 1880, until January 1, 1883, he was county
sui)erintendent of schools, and filled the office to the great satisfac-
tion of the public. He was a charter member of Cvrene Command-
(M-v of Knights Templar of Sioux Falls, and was" an industrious,



HISTORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY. 789



enero-etic, enterprising- citizen, and his death was nniversallv re-
gretted by all who knew him.

TviTETH, Carl M., was born in 1849, in Mecklenburg-, (Germany.
He emigrated to the United States and resided in Iowa for several
years. He removed to Welling-ton, this county, in 1882, and bougfht
the southeast quarter of section 1, where he has since resided, en-
gaged in farming-, and has a valuable, well improved farm, '"compris-
ing at this writing- about 480 acres. He is an industrious, enter-
prising- farmer and a good neig'hbor and esteemed citizen.

Odell, Oswald, was born in St. Lawrence county, N. Y., July
9, 1852; moved with his parents to Salem, LaCrosse county, 'Wiscon-
sin, in 185(), and on the 21st day of March, 1877, came to this county
and settled in Welling-ton, taking- up a homestead and tree claim in
sections 19 and 20, where he has since resided. He has held school
and town offices, is active in politics, and is an esteemed citizen.

Rang, Joseph, was born in Germany January 9, 1853. He emi-
grated to the United States and lived in Michig-an until he removed
to this county in 1887. He boug-ht 280 acres of land in sections 35
and 36 in Welling-ton, and is eng-ag-ed in farming-. He has a g-ood
farm, and is an enterprising-, respected citizen.

ScHiEVELBEiN, Pred, is a native of Germany, and was born May
7, 1857. He emig-rated and located in Iowa until 1879, when he re-
moved to Dakota and settled in this county on his present homestead,
the northwest quarter and the west half of the southw^est quarter of
section 3 in Welling-ton, which is a g-ood farm. He also owns the
southwest quarter of section 34 in Humboldt. He has been director
of the school board in district No. 112, for several years, is an indus-
trious farmer and a g-ood citizen.

Searl, Charles N., was born at Ellicottville, New York, in
1856; lived in Minnesota for some time, and came to Dakota February
26, 1878; took up as a homestead and tree claim the north half of sec-
tion 33 in Welling-ton, where he resided until 1898, when he rented
his farm and removed with his family to the city of Sioux Palls to
educate his children. He has held several town offices, was assessor
of Welling-ton and Wall Lake in 1890, and is an enterprising- and re-
spected citizen.

Searl, Stanley P., was born in 1855 in the state of New-
York. He lived there and in Minnesota and Missouri prior to his
coming- to Dakota in 1878, from which time he has been a resident of
this county. He entered as a homestead the southeast quarter of
section 32 in Welling-ton, where he still resides. He has held the
office of town treasurer, is a g-ood farmer and a respected citizen.



RED ROCK TOA\^NSHIP.

(102-47)

This township is bounded oh the east by the Minnesota state
line, and was surveyed in July, 1862. The north, south and west
lines were surveyed by M. K. Armstrong- in October, 1864, and the
subdivisions made by Carl C. P. Meyer during" the same month, and
according- to the government survey contains 15,123.40 acres of land.
It has but little waste land. Beaver creek enters near the center of
the north line of section three, and pursues a southerly course
through the township, and a tributary to the Split Rock river runs
through the northwestern portion. The first settlers were E. S.
Buzzell and C. M. Johnson. They took up land in 1872. The Sioux
City & Northern railroad runs through the northeastern part, and
has a station called Booge, on the southeast quarter of section 10.
Nine blocks were platted at this point bv J. R. Manning and wife in
January, 1891.

The first school meeting was held on the 4th day of June, 1877,
and the first school was taught b}^ Alta H. Buzzell in the dwelling
house of P. W. Buzzell on the southwest quarter of section 27. A
post office was established at Booge on the 19th day of March, 1891.
The residents of this township are highly favored with shipping- fa-
cilities as the stations at Valley Springs, Brandon, Corson and
Garretson are but a few miles away.

The resurvey of this township resulted in some highly contested
law suits, in fact, in more litigation than any other township in the
county, except Burk. There are several fine farms in the township,
and the farmers are industrious and thrifty.

RED ROCK TOWNSHIP BOARD.

The first meeting of this board was held on the 13th day of Jan-
uary, 1881. The supervisors were J. R. Manning chairman, J. C.
Shephard, Mag-nus Swenson; clerk, F. W. Buzzell; constable, Ed.
Stone. October 17, G. D, Bannister was appointed supervisor in
place of J. C. Shephard, who had resigned.

1882. Supervisors, D. J. Walker, Thomas Whealey, C. M.
Johnson; assessor, G. D. Bannister; justice, P. G. Chaphe. April
17, the board met and adopted measures to prevent the spreading of
smallpox, which had broken out in the township.

1883. Supervisors, G. D. Bannister chairman, E. R. Bannister,
C. M. Johnson; clerk, H. M. Connell; assessor, G. D. Bannister.

1884. Supervisors, E, R. Bannister chairman, G. D. Bannister,
Axel Olson; clerk, P. W. Buzzell; treasurer, O. M. Wood; assessor,
G. D. Bannister.



MlStORY OF MINNEHAHA COUNTY. 791



1885. Supervisors, E. R. Bannister chairman, F. G. Chaphe,
G. D. Bannister; clerk, P. W. Buzzell; treasurer, J. D. Bur^j-hart;
assessor, G. D, Bannister; justices, J. P. Hog-an, G. A. Shilstad;
constable, R. P. Buzzell.

1886. Supervisors, E. R. Bannister, J. R. Manning-, Robert
Kyle; clerk, P. W. Buzzell; treasurer, J. D. Burg-hart; assessor, G.
D. Bannister; justices, J. R. Manning-, J. D. Burkhart; constable,
Thomas Whealey:

1887. Supervisors, J. R. Manning-, Robert Kyle, M. Swenson;
treasurer, H. D, Kinyon; assessor, G. I). Bannister; justices, J. R.
Manning:, F. G. Chaphe; constables, C. D. Harris, R. P. Buzzell.

1888. Supervisors, E. R. Bannister chairman, H. D. Kinyon,
G. W. Pay; assessor, G. D. Bannister; treasurer, R. P. Buzzell; jus-
tice, H. P'. Brandt; constables, C. D. Harris, R. P. Buzzell. October
30, E. R. Bannister having- moved from the township, Robert Kyle
was appointed chairman of the board. Pebruary 26, 1889, H. D.
Kinyon having- moved from the township, Jasper Bannister was ap-
pointed supervisor.

1889. Supervisors, G. W. Pay, Thomas Whealey, Homer Mc-
Connell; clerk, H. M. McConnell; treasurer, R. P. Buzzell; assessor,
G. D. Bannister; justices, J. R. Manning-, Homer Caldwell; constable,
Lars Aker. On the 5th day of March, a petition sig-ned by twentv
resident taxpayers was hied with the town board, praying- that a
special township meeting- be called to determine whether the town-
ship would order a resurvey of the township. The special meeting-
was called for March 21, at which time the vote stood 42 for and 19
(lirahisf the resurvey. A tax of two mills was levied to defray the
expense.

1800. Supervisors, G. W. Pay, Robert Kyle, C.M.Johnson;
clerk, P. W. Buzzell; treasurer, R. P. Buzzell; assessor, G. D. Ban-
nister; justice, C. D. Harris; constable, D. J. Walker.

1891. Supervisors, Robert Kyle, (i. W. Pay, C. M. Johnson;
clerk, P. W. Buzzell; treasurer, R. P. Buzzell; assessor, J, R. Man-
ning-; justices, J. R. Manning-, Mag-nus Swenson; constables, R. P.
Buzzell, Pred Grandberg-. March 9, 1891, the board employed J. E.
Carland to assist H. H. Keith in survev cases.

1892. Supervisors, Robert Kyle"', G. W. Pay, C.M.Johnson;
clerk, P. W. Buzzell; treasurer, O. M. Wood; assessor, C. A. Liem:
justice, R. P. Buzzell; constable, Robert Delap.

1893. Supervisors, Robert Kyle, G. W. Pay, C. M. Johnson;
clerk, P. W. Buzzell; treasurer, O. M. Wood; assessor, C. A. Liem;
justices, J. R. Manning-, H. McConnell; constable, W. J. Kyle. At
the annual town meeting- it was voted to refund to the persons who
had advanced money in the survey suits the amount they had s(» ad-
vanced.

1894. Supervisors, Robert Kyle, G. W. Pay, C. M. Johnson;
clerk, P. W. Buzzell; treasurer, Prank A. Johnson; assessor, C A.
Liem; justice, D. J. Walker; constable, Pred. Grandberg-.

1895. Supervisors, Robert Kyle, G. W. Pay, C. xM. Johnson;
clerk, P. W. Buzzell; treasurer, P. A. Johnson; assessor, C, A. Liem;
justice, C. D. Harris; constable, W. J. Kyle. At the annual town



Online LibraryDana Reed BaileyHistory of Minnehaha county, South Dakota. Containing an account of its settlements, growth, development and resources ... Synopsis of public records, biographical sketches .. → online text (page 72 of 99)