Daniel Hazeltine Post.

Medical directory of the City of New York (Volume 1896) online

. (page 41 of 46)
Online LibraryDaniel Hazeltine PostMedical directory of the City of New York (Volume 1896) → online text (page 41 of 46)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


society called the Dorcas Society, which makes the garments
given.

New York Foundling Hospital (1869), 175 E. 68th st. Cares
primarily for foundlings born in this city. It has also a Lying-
in Department, where destitute or tempted married women are
received ; where unmarried women, pregnant for the first time,
are sheltered ; and where strangers who can afford to pay, but do
not wish to remain at a hotel or boarding house during confine-
ment, may be cared for. The charge for the latter class varies
from $6 to t$50 a week for board and $40 to !t50 reception fee.
Patients in the wards pay $3 per week and §25 reception fee.
These must remain for at least three months as wet-niu'ses. Ap-
ply to the Hospital at any hour of the day.

New York Home for Convalescents (1880). 433 E. 118th st.
Furnishes a temporary free home for Protestant female conva-
lescents from the hospitals and for those who from overwork are
on the verge of illness. Address the Corresponding Secretary at
the Home.

New York House and School of Industry (1851), 120 W.

16th St. Assists infirm and destitute women by giving them em-
ployment in needlework at a fair remuneration. Maintains a
sewing school for the young. Unsectarian. Apply from 9 a. m.
to 6 p. M.

New York Infant Asylum (1865), Amsterdam ave. and 6 1st st.
For the protection and care of unmarried women (not courte-
sans) pregnant for the first time; for needy mothers and their
infants ; for foundlings and other needy children two years of age
and under, without regard to race, creed, or color. " Also, takes
young girls to board during confinement at |5 a week. Main-
tains a

Country Ho^ie and Nursery' at Mt. Vernon, Wes^^chester
Co. Acconiniodates 150 women and 400 children.



204 BENEVOLENT SOCIETIES, ASYLUMS AND HOMES.

New York Institution for the Blind (1831), Ninth ave., cor-
ner 34th St. For education of the blind from eight to twenty-five
years of age. Accommodates 200. Apply at the Institution.

New York Institution for the Instruction of the Deaf and
Dumh (1817), West 162d st. For the class named in the title.
Accommodates 500. Children from six to twelve are admitted
by application to the Commissioners of Charities and Correction,
and persons from twelve to twenty -five upon application to the
Superintendent of Public Instruction, Albany. Boarders, $300
per annum; day pupils, $100 per annum. Apply also to the
Superintendent at the Institution.

New York Juyenile Asylum (1851), 176th st. and Amsterdam
ave. Office and House of Reception, 61 W. 13th street. Is a
reformatory for truant and disobedient children of both sexes,
residents of the city, between the ages of seven and fourteen
years, committed by a magistrate or surrendered by parents or
guardians. It also provides homes in the country for friendless
or surrendered children. Accommodates 800 at Asylum and 100
at House of Reception. Apply at the House of Reception at
any hour of the day.

New York Magdalen Benevolent Society (1851). Supports
an Asylum, 139th st. and North River, for the reclamation of
fallen women, who remain during good behavior. Apply at
above at any time of day and night.

New York Protestant Episcopal City Mission Society

(1833), 38 Bleecker st. Maintains religious services, ward visita-
tions, and bedside ministrations in the public institutions of the
city and adjacent islands, and provides a free reading room for
young men at 38 Bleecker st. Also gives daily relief at the office,
but especially at St. Barnabas' House, 304 and 306 Mulberry st.
(which it owns and sustains), without distinction of creed, race,
or color. Apply as above. Office hours, 9.30 a. m, to 4.30 P. M.

New York Red Cross Institute (1892), 233 W. 100th st. Acts
under the direction of the American National Red Cross. Pro-
vides attendance and nursing for the sick, regardless of nation-
ality, creed, or sex. The sick are attended at their own homes,
if offering necessary conveniences, otherwise they are accepted at
the Infirmary, which contains 18 beds.

Olivet Helping Hand (1870), 63 2d st. Furnishes work to
destitute women at fair prices. Pay given in garments and gro-
ceries. Meets Tuesdays, 1.45 P. M.

Orphans' Home and Asylum of the Protestant Episcopal
Church (1859), 49th st., between Fourth and Lexington aves.



BENEVOLENT SOCIETIES, ASYLUMS AND HOMES. 205

Orphans and half orphans from three to eight years of age are
received. No charge. Accommodates about 140. Apply at the
Home on Fridays at 2 p. m.

Orphan Asylum Society (1807), Riverside Drive and W. 73d
st. For orphans of both sexes. Admission free. Accommodates
about 150. Applv to Executive Committee, Mondays, from 10 to
12 m., at 105 E. 22dst.

Orphanage of the Church of the Holy Trinity (1889), 400

E. 50th St. A home for needy orphan and half -orphan girls,
where they are provided for and educated at the public schools
until fifteen years old, when homes are found for them.

Peabody Home for Ageti and Indigent Women (1847), West
Farms, N. Y. For the residents of Nevv- York City or Brooklyn,
Unsectarian. No admission fee required. Accommodation for
26. Apply to the Matron at the Home.

Presbyterian Home for Aged Women (1866), 49 E. 73d st.

Applicants must be residents of this city, must be sixty -five years
old, and have been members of the Presbyterian or Reformed
Dutch Church of this city for three years. Must bring satisfac-
tory proof from their pastor or elders, and pay $3 a week board.
Apply to the Committee on Admission.

Riverside Free Library, 259 West 69th st. Hours: Mondays
to Fridays, 2 to 6 p.m., 7.30 to 9,30 p,m. ; Saturdays, 10 to 11 a.m.
Miss Kate Kaufman, Librarian.

The Riverside Baths furnished 27,000 Baths last year. Rain
Baths cost 5 cents each ; Turkish Baths, 25 cents.

The Hydriatrici Department gives water treatment to in-
digent patients sent by Physicians and by Dispensaries. All use-
ful forms of Hydrotherapy and Massage are given here. The
cost ranging 10 cents for dispensary patients, 25 cents for others.
There is also a fund for free treatment to those unable to pay.
Arnot Spence, M. D., and J. P. Ames, M. D., Attending Physi-
cians ; Simon Baruch, M. D. , Medical Director.

Roman Catholic Orjdian Asylum (1852), 461 Madison ave.
Maintains two asylums as follows :

Female Orphan Asylum, Madison ave., between 51st and 52d
sts. Number of inmates, about 420,

Male Orphan Asylum, Fifth ave., between 51st and 52d sts.
Number of inmates, about 370.

Both under one management, and receive orphan and half-
orphan children between 3 and 10 years of age. Application
for admission is made in writing to the Committee on Ad-



206 BENEVOLENT SOCIETIES, ASYLUMS AND HOMES.

mission and Binding, by the clergy of the different parishes on or
before the Saturday previous to the second and fourth Tuesdays
of each month, at the asykim office.

St. Ann's Home (1880), 90ih st., near Ave. A. Cares for and
protects young girls. Capacity for 350. In charge of the Sisters
of the Good Shepherd (R. C).

St. Barnabas' House (1865), 304 Mulberry st. Under the
charge of the Protestant Episcopal City Mission. A temporary
resting place for homeless women and children, as well as women
discharged from the hospitals cured but needing a few days' rest.
Meals are given daily to destitute women and children. Ca-
pacity, 50 beds. Apply as above.

St. James' Home (1879), 21 Ohver and 26 James sts. For
homeless and destitute girls committed by magistrates in

St. John's Guild (1877), 501 Fifth ave. General object, to re-
lie v^e the deserving poor of the city, without regard to creed,
color, or nation First, by water excursions for sick children in
summer. Second, Seaside Nursery. Also maintain a hospital
for children at 1 57 W. 61 st. Apply at office, week days, from
9 A. M. to 5 P. M.

St. Joseph's Home for the Aged (1868), 203 W. 15th st. For
respectable and destitute w^omen. Must be sixty years old or
over. Accommodates 350, of whom about 250 are free inmates,
and the rest pay according to abihty. Apply to the Mother Su-
perior at any time.

St. Joseph's Industrial Home for Destitute Children

(1869), E. 81st St., between Madison and Fourth aves. Branch of
the Institution of Mercy. A home for the protection and educa-
tion of destitute young girls; also, for homeless little children,
three years and upward, committed by the coui-t. Accommo-
dates about 700. Apply to the Sister Superintendent in charge.

St. Joseph's Orphan Asylum (1859), 89th st. and Ave. A. In
charge of the Sisters of Notre Dame. Supports, educates, and
employes poor orphans, half-orphans, and homeless and neglected
children, especially those of German origin. Children admitted
at any age, and kept until able to support themselves or until six-
teen years old. Accommodates 750. Apply to the Committee on
Admission through the Secretary at 185 E. 3d, or to the Sister
Suxjerior.

St. Luke's Home for Indigent Christian Females (1854), 89th
St. and Madison ave. For communicants of any of the Pro-
testant Episcopal churches of New York City contributing to the
home. Applicants must be over fifty years of age. Entrance fee



BENEVOLENT SOCIETIES, ASYLUMS AND HOMES. 207

$300, and the beneficiary must make over all her property to the
home. No consumptive or incurable person received. Accom-
modation for 70. Apply to the IMatron, uiio will direct ap-
phcant to the representative of the parish to which the latter
belongs.

St. Philip's Parish Home ( 1872), 127 W. 30th st. To provide a
home for aged, infirm and destitute members of St Philip's P E.
Church (colored). Capacity for 12. Supported by voluntary
contributions.

St. Vincent de Paul's Home for Boys (R. C.) 2 Lafayette pi.
Founded 1870. For destitute bovs. Accommodation for about
200.

Samaritan Home for the Aged (1867), 414 W 22d st. For

aged, infirm, friendless, indigent persons, of good character, of
both sexes, over sixty-five years of age, and of all Protestant de-
nominations. Admission, $250. Apply to the Committee on Ad-
missions at the Home, in Avriting.

Seaside Sanitarium, The; office, 304 W. 28th st. Conducted
as a work of private benevolence. Henry King, Manager. Re-
lief of outdoor poor, and care of sick children at Sanitarium at
Hammel's Station, Rockaway Beach, during the summer. Main-
tained for the benefit of women and children, including working
girls. Conducted on a self-sustaining basis. For those able to
pay, $4 to |7 per week is charged for a mother and own child un-
der five years of age. Children under twelve years of age, $2 to
|3. Single persons over twelve years of age, according to the
choice of rooms, $3 to $5 per week. Number of inmates. 1,200.
Daily excursions froin Hunter's Point, L. I., except Saturday ;
single tickets for adults, 50 cents ; children from two to twelve
years of age, 25 cents. Tickets can be obtained at the ofiice, 304
W. 28th St.

Sheltering Arm, The (1864). Amsterdam ave. and 129th st.
For the care of homeless and destitute children for whom no
other institution provides, until they are old enough to enter other
institutions. Children are received temporarily where parents are
able to pay board. Apply at the institution at any time.

Sisters of the Stranger (1869), 4 Winthrop pi. (Greene st.)
Assist strangers temporarily embarrassed, who can give some
reliable references, with food, clothing, shelter, medical attend-
ance, legal advice, and information in regard to obtaining em-
ployment, boarding houses, churches, etc., regardless of creed,
age, sex, or color. Office hours, from 3 to 5 p. m. Apply as
above.



208 BENEVOLENT SOCIETIES, ASYLUMS AND HOMES.

Society for the Employment and Relief of Poor Women

(1844), 104 E. 20th st. Work is supplied to women able and will-
ing to labor, who, having young children or from sickness, are
unable to leave their homes or to obtain emi)loyment elsewhere.
Society meets and work is issued Thursdays, from 10 a. m. to 12
M. Supported by sale of garments, subscriptions and interest on
fund. Applicants must bring a permit from a subscriber. Main-
tains a

Repository, 146 E. 16th st. Garments for the poor, made by
the above labor, sold at low prices.

Society for tlie Preyention of Cruelty to Children (1874), 100

E. 23d st. Investigates and prosecutes all cases of cruelty to
children. Also, in special cases, cares for and clothes the chil-
dren. Ap]3ly to the Superintendent as above. Open all day and
evening.

Society for the Relief of Half-Orphans and Destitute Chil-
dren (1837), Manhattan ave., bet. 104th and 105th sts. Receives
Protestant children between four and ten years of age, of both
sexes, of class indicated in title. Board, §4 per month ; must be
paid in advance. No child received for less than one year.
Capacity for 250. Supported by pupils' board, voluntary contri-
butions, and public-school fund. Apply to Executive Committee
at the Asylum by parent, if any, on Wednesdays, from 11 a, m.
to 12 m.

Society for the Relief of the Destitute Blind, 104th st. and
Amsterdam ave.

Society for the Relief of Poor Widows with Small Children

(1802), 208 E. 15th st. Aid extended without regard to
creed or nationality, to any industrious poor widow of fair char-
acter, with two children under ten, who is not assisted by the
authorities. Districted from Beekman to 70th st. Applicants
are visited, and, if found worthy, aided. Suspends work during
the summer.

State Charities Aid Association (1872), 21 University pi.
To establish local visiting committees for the almshouses, hospi-
tals, and other public institutions throughout the State and city.
It also studies questions pertaining to the aid and elevation of the
poor.

Temporary Home for Women (1883), 219 Second ave. Pro-
vides temporary shelter, at the lowest possible - price, for respec-
table homeless women; also supplies free baths, use of sitting
rooms, sewing machines, and library; good, clean, and cheap
food for all women who wish to avail themselves of such pro-
vision. Accommodates 55.



BENEVOLENT SOCIETIES, ASYLUMS AND HOMES. 209

Trinity Chapel HoniP for Aged IVomeii, 221 W. 24th st.
For the shelter and care of aged ^vomen, communicants of Trinity
(P. E.) Chapel. Capacity for 15.

Trustees of the Home for Asred lYomen of the Church of
the Holy Couiniunion (1872). 330 Sixth ave. Provides a home
for 25 aged women. Parishioners free. Apply to the Sister in
charge.

United Hebrew Charities (1877), 128 Second ave. Composed
of the following societies : Hebrew Benevolent and Orphan Asy-
lum Society, Hebrew Benevolent Fuel Association, Hebrew Re-
lief Society, Congregation Darech Amuno Free Burial Society,
Ladies' Lying-in Relief Society. Relieves the Hebrew poor in
every way, but seeks to prevent indiscriminate and duplicate giv-
ing and to secure the community from imposture. Apply as
above. Hours, 9 a. m. to 5 p. m.

Wartburg Orphans' Farm School (1866), Mt. Vernon, West-
chester Co., N. Y. Maintained by the Evangelical Lutheran
churches in the State of New York, for the care and education
of orphans. Receives gratuitously children of both sexes be-
tween four and ten years of age, without distinction as to
nationality or religion. One-fifth may be half -orphans. Ac-
commodations for 225. AppHcation by mail to the director in
Mt. Vernon.

Webb's Academy and Home for Shipbuilders (1889), Ford-
ham Heights, New York City. To afford gratuitous relief and
support to aged and indigent men who have been engaged in
building hulls of ships, or marine engineers, in any section of the
United States, together with their lawful wives or widows.
Also, to provide competent young men gratuitous education in
shipbuilding, together with a home while obtaining such edu-
cation.

Wetmore Home (formerly Home for Fallen and Friendless
Girls (1865), 49 Washington sq.. South. A home for friendless
and fallen girls who voluntarily commit themselves and conform
to its rules. Instruction given in housework and sewing, and
situations found.

Wilson Industrial School for Girls (1854), corner Ave. A
and 8th st. Educates and instructs girls in housework, sewing,
etc. The children are given a good dinner every day and the
garments they make when completed. Apply as above.

Working Women's Protective Union (1868), 19 Clinton pi.
For the legal protection of working women other than house
servants. Collects their claims for wages, and otherwise protects



210 BENEVOLENT SOCIETIES, ASYLUMS AND HOMES.

them against unscrupulous employers. It also, as far as practi-
cable, assists teachers, seamstresses, dressmakers, and operators
in every branch of female labor (except household service) in
procuriDg employment. Supported by voluntary contributions.
Maintains a

Woman's Library, not circulating", but any woman can use
the books at the Union, Terms, §1.50 per year, but free to any
woman, with references, unable to pay. Open from 9 a. m.
to 4 P. m.

Workhouse, Blackwell's Island. For able bodied and destitute
adults, who are usually committed for ten days to six months.
There is one for each sex. For voluntary commitment, apply to
the Superintendent of Outdoor Poor, 11th st. and Third ave.

Branch AVorkhouse, Hart's Island. Receives the excess from
the workhouse on Blackwell's Island, No commitments are made
direct to it.

Youii^ Men's Christian Association (1852), 40 E. 23d st

Maintains the following branches: The Young Men's Institute,
220 224 Bowery ; Bower}^ Branch, 153 Bowery; Harlem Branch,
5 W. 125th st. ; Railroad Branch, 361 Madison ave. ; German
Branch, 142 Second ave. ; Yorkville Branch, 153. E. 86th st. ;
French, 114 W. 21st st. ; Students', 129 Lexington ave. ; Wash-
ington Heights, 155th st. and Boulevard. It also sustains a free
employment bureau at the Association Building and at the
Bowery branch, 153 Bowery. At the latter place homeless men
are furnished with lodgings pending their finding employment.
Ajjply at the Association BuildiQg as above or 153 Bowery.
Hours, 9 A. m. to 10 p. m.

Youu^ Women's Christian Association (1873), 7 E. 15th st.
For improving the condition of young women by providing
special training in such industries as are adapted to women, and,
when proficient, providing situations. Has also an employment
bureau for all Protestant women (excepting house servants). Di-
rects to safe boarding houses, and has religious and social meet-
ings, free library and reading room. Aj^ply as above. Open
week-days from 9 a. m. to 5 P. m. and 7 to 9 p. m.

Yonn^ Women's Home (Ladies' Christian Union) (1859), 27
and 28 Washington sq. North, and 308 Second ave. Provides at
Washington Square boarding-homes for young and unprotected
women who are self-supporting, and at 308 Second ave. for
widows and elderh'^ women as well. Board from §3 to |5 per
week ; transient boarders, |1 per day. Apply to the House Com-
mittee or at the homes.



DISPENSARIES AND INFIRMARIES. 211

DISPENSARIES AND INFIRMARIES.

Not open on Sundays except officially mentioned.

Amity, 810 and 313 West 54111 st., 2 to 3.

Babies' Hospital, 657 Lexington ave., 2 to 3.

Belleviie Bureau of Surgical and Medical Relief for Out-
door Sick Poor (Dept. Pub. Char, and Cor.), foot East 26th st.
9 to 5.

Betli Israel, 196 East Broadway, 12 to 5.

Blooming-dale, West 99tli st., near Amsterdam ave., 2 to 4.

Calvary, 200 West 129th st., 2 to 3.

Catharine, 24 Catharine Slip, 2 to 3, Tuesdays, Thursdays and
Saturdays.

Ciiurch. P. E., West 34th st.. between 9th and 10th aves., 10 to
12, and 2 to 4.

Church of the Holy Communion, 228 Sixth ave., daily at 4.

Columbns, 226 Fast 20th st.

Demilt, 245 East 23d st., 9 to 4; Sundays, 1 to 2.

Dental, 205 East 23d st., 9 to 12.

Deutsche Polililinilt, 78 East 7th st., 1 to 5.

East Side, 327 3dst., 1 to 5.

Eclectic, 239 East 14th st., 10 to 12, 2 to 5.

For Children, 435 9th ave. (Sisters of St. Mary), 1.30 to 2.30.

Fordham, 2511 Vanderbilt ave., 2 to 3.

German, 137 Second ave., 2 to 5.

German (West Side), 328 W. 42d st., 1 to 5.

Good Samaritan, 75 Essex st., 8 to 6.

Gonverneur, Gouverneur Slip, cor. Front st., 10 to 12, 2 to 4.

Hahnemann, Park ave., bet. 6?th and 68th sts.

Harlem, 160 East 126th st , 1 to 3.

Harlem (Eye, Ear, and Throat), 144 East 127th st., 2 to 3.

Jones Memorial Clinic (1893), Industrial Building, 312 West
54th St., 2 to 3.

Manhattan, Amsterdam ave. and 131st st

Manhattan Eye and Ear, 103 Park ave., 2 to 4.

Metropolitan, 303 West 42d st., 1 to 3.



212 DISPENSARIES AND INFIRMARIES.

Metropolitan (Throat), 351 W. 34th st., 2 to 4.

Mt. Sinai, East 66th st., cor. Lexington ave., 1 to 4.

New Amsterdam Eye and Ear, 212 West 38th st., 2 to 3.30.

New York, 137 Centre st., 9 to 5.

New York Diet Kitchen Association, 137 Centre st., 9 to 3.

New York Dispensary for Diseases of the Kectum, 130 East
59th st ., 2 to 4.

New York Eye and Ear, Second ave. and 13th st., 12.30 to 3.

New York Homoeopathic (Medical College), Avenue A, bet.
63d and 64th sts., 10 to 4.

New York Hospital, 7 West 15th st., 2.

New York Infirmary (for Women and Children), 5 Livingston
pi., 9 to 11.

New York Medical College and Hospital for Women, 213

West 54th St., 1 to 4.

New York Ophthalmic and Aural Institute, 44 East 12th st.,
2 to 3.30.

New York Ophthalmic Dispensary, 201 East 23d st., 2 to 3.

New York Orthopedic, 126 East 59th st., 1.30 to 3.33 except
Sundays.

New York Poloclinic, 216 East 34th st., 9 to 5.

New York Post-Graduate, 20th st. and Second ave., 9 to 7.

New York Skin and Cancer, 243 East 34th st., 2 to 4.

Northeastern, 222 East 59th st., 9 to 5 ; Sundays, 9 to 10.30.

Northwestern, 403 West 36th st., 9 to 4.

Northern, Waverly pi., corner Christopher st., 8 to 5.

Presbyterian, 70th st. and Madison ave.

Roosevelt, 59th st. and Ninth ave.

St. Andrew's Infirmary for Women, 108 East 28th st., 2 to 3,
except Sundays.

St. Bartholomew's Clinic, 211 East 42d st., 2 to 3.30; Eye,
Ear, Nose and Throat, 8 to 10 p.m.

St. Chrysostom's, 550 Seventh ave., 3 to 4, Mondays, Wednes-
days and Fridays.

St. George (for Women and Children), 207 East 16th st., 9.30
to 10.

St. Mary's Free Hospital and Dispensary tor Children, 405

Ninth ave.

Society of the Lying-in Hospital of the City of New York,

314 Broome.



DISPENSARIES AND INFIRMARIES. 213

The Twenty-five Cent (Provident), 93 Clinton pi., 4 to 8.

Tompkins Square Homoeopathic, 26 East 4tli st., 1 to 3.

Trinity, 211 Fulton st, 9 to 11.

Twenty-third and Twenty-fourth Wards (Dept. Pub. Char,
and Cor.j, 730 Westchester ave., 10 to 4; Sundays, 2 to 3.

University Medical College. 410 East 26th st, 10 to 4.

Vanderhilt Clinic, 60th st and Tenth ave., 10 to 4.

West Side German, 328 West 42d st , 2 to 4.

West Side Homoiopathic, 355 West 40th st, 10 to 4, 7.30 to 9.

Wilson Mission, 131 Avenue A., 10 to 12.

Woman's Hospital (for Outdoor Poor), East 49th St., cor.
Fourth ave. , 9 to 2.

Yorlfville, 1307 Lexington ave., 3 to 4.

Yorliville Homoeopathic, 1239 Lexington ave., 2 to 4.



A Bureau for Nurses

HAS BEKN OPENED AT THE

17=19=21 West 43d Street,

AND IS PREPARED TO SUPPLY THE PROFESSION WITH
NURSES, BOTH TRAINED AND UNTRAINED.



NO FEES CHARGED TO PHYSICIAN OR PATIENT.



Telephone, 45-38th Street.



314 MEDICAL COLLEGES.



MEDICAL COLLEGES.

NEW YORK CITY.

Belleyue Hospital Medical College, E. 26th st.

Colleg-e of Physicians and Sursreons (Medical Department of
Columbia College), 59th st. , Ninth and Tenth aves.

Eclectic Medical College, 239 E. 14th st.

New York Honioeopatliic Medical College and Free Hospital,

Eastern Boulevard, 63d and 64th sts.

New York Medical College and Hospital for Women (Homoeo-
pathic), 213 W. 54th St.

New York Polyclinic, 218 E. 34th st.

New York Post-Graduate Medical School and Hospital, 20th st.
and Second ave.

New York Uniyersity, Medical Department, 410 E. 26th st.

Woman's Medical College of the New York Infirmary, 5 Liv

ingston pi.

ALBANY.

Albany Medical College (Medical Department of Union Uni-
versity).

BROOKLYN.

Long Island College Hospital, cor Henry and Pacific sts.



BUFFALO.

Medical Department of the University of Buffalo.
Medical Department of Niagara University.

SYRACUSE.

College of Medicine (Medical Department of Syracuse Univer-
sity).



MEDICAL PRIZES. 215



MEDICAL PRIZES.

PRIZE OF THE MEDICAL SOCIETY OF THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK.

Rules Governing tJte Award of the Prize.

1st. The prize shall consist of a gold medal 150 grammes in
weight (or 6100 in cash), wliich shall bear upon one side the seal
of the Society, and on the other the following: Awarded as the
annual prize, by the Medical Society of the County of New York,



Online LibraryDaniel Hazeltine PostMedical directory of the City of New York (Volume 1896) → online text (page 41 of 46)