Edwin Jaquett Sellers.

Allied ancestry of the Van Culemborg family of Culemborg, Holland; being the ancestry of Sophia Van Culemborg, wife of Johan de Carpentier, parents of Maria de Carpentier, wife of Jean Paul Jaquet, vice-director and chief magistrate of the colonies on the South river of New Netherland 1655-1657 online

. (page 1 of 12)
Online LibraryEdwin Jaquett SellersAllied ancestry of the Van Culemborg family of Culemborg, Holland; being the ancestry of Sophia Van Culemborg, wife of Johan de Carpentier, parents of Maria de Carpentier, wife of Jean Paul Jaquet, vice-director and chief magistrate of the colonies on the South river of New Netherland 1655-1657 → online text (page 1 of 12)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


l g% »m « * ■ I



M. L



' \ /l ■ ■ \-' -h-TT — T-

:0 A. ;/-






3 1833 01206 4637


Digitized by the Internet Archive

in 2010 with funding from

Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center

























Press of

Allen, Lane & Scott,


J-. fi-iV '<wi V^ fi\ S X^i ^


An Account of the Jaudon Family. Philadelphia, 1890.

Genealogy of the Jaquett Family. Philadelphia, 1896.

Genealogy of the Kollock Family of Sussex County,
Delaware, 1657-1897. Philadelphia, 1897.

Captain John Avery, President Judge at the Whorekill
IN Delaware Bay, and his Descendants. Philadelphia,

Genealogy of Dr. Francis Joseph Pfeiffer and his De-
scendants, 1734-1899. Philadelphia, 1899.

!^ Contributor to the Wayne Family, contained in "Some

>; Colonial Mansions and Those Who Lived in Them, by
Thomas Allen Glenn. Published by Henry T. Coates
& Co. Philadelphia, 1900."


Allied Families of Delaware, Stretcher, Fenivick, Davis,
Draper, Kipshaven, Stidham. Philadelphia, 1901.

^' Partial Genealogy of the Sellers and Wampole
Families op Pennsylvania. Philadelphia, 1903.

,V Genealogy of the Jaquett Family, Revised Edition.
Philadelphia, 1907.


Genealogy of the de Carpentier Family of Holland.
'^ Philadelphia, 1909.


Anderson : Royal Genealogies, by James Anderson, D.D.
London, 1736.

Betham : Genealogical Tables of the Sovereigns of the World,
by Rev. William Betham. London, 1795.

Illustra Batavia, name of work published by Simon van
Leeuwen. The Hague, 1685.

L'Art : L'Art de verifier les dates. Paris, 1818.

Otidheusden: History of Culemborg, by A. W. K. Voet von
Oudheusden. Utrecht, 1753.

Rietstap: Rietstap's Armorial Register.

Slichtenhorst : History of Gelderland, by Arend van Slichten-
horst. Arnhem, 1654.

Svueder and Sweder's Origines : Genealogy of the van Culem-
borg Family by Sweder van Culemborg.




Walter, Count of Teisterbant, in the Dukedom of
Gelders, District of the Betuwe, died either 724 or 742
(Oudheusden, 2; Anderson, Table 347; Betham, Table
562). His daughter and heiress,

Beatrix, Countess of Teisterbant, married about 711,
Theodoric, Stadtholder and Lord of Cleve (Ibid.).
Their daughter and heiress,

Beatrix, Countess of Teisterbant, married Elias,
Aelius, or Elius Grail, Gralius, Graielis, or Grajus, a
great hero, Stadtholder of Nijmegen and first Count of
Cleve, She died 734 or 5 (Ibid.). Their son and heir,

Theodoric, Count of Cleve and Teisterbant, mar-
ried Ida, Countess of Hainault. Teisterbant was held
of the Bishop of Utrecht. Having ruled twenty-five
years, Count Theodoric died 759. Both earldoms went
to their son (Ibid.),

Reinald, Count of Cleve and Teisterbant, who mar-
ried Isabella, Countess of Ardenner-Walde. Having
ruled eleven years Reinald died 769 or 770, leaving his
earldom to his son (Ibid.),

LuDOLPH, Count of Cleve and Teisterbant, who mar-
ried Adelheid, sister of Siegbert, Duke of Aquitain, and
having ruled twenty years, died 790 (Ibid.) Their son
and heir,

John, Count of Cleve and Teisterbant, married Con-
stantia, daughter of Michael I, Emperor of the East,
and Procopia, daughter of the Emperor Nichephorus.


The latter, a patrician, was proclaimed Emperor and de-
prived the Empress Irene of the government in 802 ; was
slain in battle 811 by Trumus, King of Bulgaria, who
made a cup of his skull; his daughter Procopia married
Michael I, Curoplates, called also Rangabes from being
Master of the Household, who was made Emperor of the
East Roman Empire in opposition to Stauratius. Michael
was a friend of Charlemagne; was overthrown by Leo
Armenius and became a monk in 812, after reigning two
years {Oudheusden, 2; Anderson, 142, 347; Betham,
562; UArt. IV, 290, 292). Count of Cleve and Teister-
bant, after ruling eleven years, died 801 and was suc-
ceeded by their son,

Baldwin or Balderick, who succeeded his brother
Robert as Count of Cleve and Teisterbant. He died
after attending the funeral of Charles the Great at
Aken 830. He married Hildegaert (or Jolenta), daughter
of Lodeuyk, Count of Geneva and Provence. {Slichten-
horst, 469 ; Oudheusden, 2,3). They had

Robert, Count of Teisterbant, to whom the earldom
had been given by his father, that of Cleve going to
an elder brother. Count Robert married Cunigunda,
Countess of Hoey or Hoya {Oudheusden, 3 ; Anderson,
347 ; Betham, 562), and was succeeded by their eldest son,

LoDEWijK, Count of Teisterbant and Hoey, who mar-
ried Adele, daughter of Berenger, Count of Lomme and
Namur (ped. 40) {Oudheusden, 3). Their third son,

Baldwin H, Count of Teisterbant and Hoey, mar-
ried the daughter of the Count de Vermandois {Oud-
heusden, 3) and was succeeded by their only daughter,

(Christian name unknown), Countess of Teisterbant
and Hoey, who married her kinsman Walger, son of
Gerolf, Count of Friesland (ped. 4), and Magteld,
sister of Hugano, Count of Zanten. Walger became
Count of Teisterbant by virtue of his marriage; resided
at Thiel, where he was slain in battle with the Normans
{Oudheusden, 2-4) ; and was succeeded by their son


Theodoric, Count of Teisterbant* and Hoey, who
married the daughter of Arnold, twelfth Count of Cleve
(ped. 2); was slain in battle with the Normans in 880
with his wife; was succeeded by their son Henry in the
earldom, the manors of Bosichem, Zeelen, etc., passing
to their younger son Gerbrand (Oudheusden, 4).

Gerbrand, first Lord van Bosichem, married the
daughter of Lord van Pont,t Governor of Gelders;
began the restoration of the Church of Bosichem, which
had been destroyed by the Normans, and laid the foun-
dation of the Castle at Bosichem (Slichtenhorst) ; adopted
the coat of arms of Bosichem, three diagonal red bars on
a gold field with the arms of Teisterbant (or Cleve)
placed in right canton; died 925, having ruled many
years, and was buried with his wife in St. Walburg's
Church {Oudheusden, 8). Their only son,

Dirk, or Diderick, succeeded as the second Lord
van Bosichem; married the daughter of Lord van
Spyk, X by whom he had three sons, Willem (his successor),
Jan, Lord van der Weyde, and Claes, Lord van Caets or
Caetshage; rebuilt the Church at Bosichem and com-

* Oudheusden gives illustrations of the arms described
throughout which agree with Rietstap's descriptions, except
where noted. No description of the Teisterbant arms has
been found. The illustration by Oudheusden may be de-
scribed as d'azur a une escarhoucle fleurdelissee d'or brochant sur
le tout et un escusson d' argent en abime, which resembles the
arms of Cleve.

Rietstap: Cleves {ancien dues de). De gueules a un escusson
d' argent en abime, et une escarboucle fleurdelissee d'or, brochant
sur le tout; ou de gueules a une escarboucle d'or, et un escusson
d'argent en abime, brochant sur le tout. Cimier, une tete et col
de boeuf de gueules, accornee d'argent, couronne d'or, la cercle de
la couronne eschiquete d'argent et de gueules.

fAn illustration of the van Pont arms may be found in
Slichtenhorst, 43, three red roses on a silver shield, two in the
upper part and the other in the lower.

X No description of the arms is given by Rietstap but they
may be described as, on a silver shield a Jesse with jour silver
blocks or squares thereon, the space between the second and third
slightly wider than the other spaces.


pleted the Castle or stronghold, of which his father laid
the foundation, and which has disappeared for a long
time; died 954, having ruled over Bosichem about
twenty-nine years, and was buried with his wife in the
Church of Bosichem {Oudheusden, 8, 9).

WiLLEM, third Lord van Bosichem, married the
daughter of Count of Reifferscheid* of Salm who pos-
sessed Reifferscheid in the Province of Luxembourg, by
whom he had a son Jan ; fell with Arnout, Count of Hol-
land, in a battle near Winkel against the Frisians which,
according to Beka, happened 993, the day after St. Lam-
bert's Day, and was buried with his wife at Bosichem

Jan, fourth Lord van Bosichem, married the daugh-
ter of Lord van Heusdenf (ped. 81) by whom he had a
son Roelof (who follows); died 1030, having ruled thirty-
seven years, and was buried with his wife in the Church
of Bosichem (Oudheusden, g, 10).

Roelof, called The Great, was fifth Lord van Bo-
sichem; called The Great, on account of his stature and
strength; his statue on the Castle at Culemborg was
destroyed by the French in 1673; married the daughter
of Count van der Lippe| by whom he had a son Henry.
Lord Roelof was well versed in the use of arms, cautious

*Rietstap: van Reifferscheid, Westphalie. D'argent a un
ecusson de gueules en abime, accompagne en chef d'un lambel de
cinq pendants d'azur. Cimier, deux orielles d'ane, de gueules
et d'argent. (The illustration by Oudheusden omits the lambel
and cimier.)

fRietstap: van Heusden, Brabant. D'or a une roue de
gueules. Casque courrone. Cimier, la roue. {Oudheusden gives'
the color of the field as or.)

X Rietstap : van der Lippe (Comtes van der Lippe) , Prusse,
Wurtemburg, Saxony. Ecartele: aux i et 4 d'argent a une rose
de gueules, barbie et boutonne d'or (Lippe); aux 2 et j de gueules
a un birondelle, au naturel soutenue d'une etoile (5) d'or (Schwal-
enberg). Casque courrone. Cimier, la rose, entre un vol
d'argent. Lambrequins, d'argent et de gueules. Tenants, deux
anges, tenant des palmes.


and religious, for which reasons he was highly esteemed
by the Emperor Henry IV, who appointed him General-
in-Chief in the war against the Saxons. At Cologne
in 107 1 the Emperor was present at the baptism of his
(the General's) son and named him Henrik. Though
very old, Lord Roelof went to Aix-la-Chappelle to attend
the coronation of the Emperor's son as the Roman King
Henry V, but died of fever on his way at Aken 1099,
having ruled at Bosichem sixty-nine years. His body was
interred with much ceremony at Aken by order of the
Emperor in the Church of Our Lady {Ibid.).

Henrik, son of Roelof, was sixth Lord van Bosichem;
married the daughter of Simon, first Lord van Teylingen,*
who was descended from the Counts of Holland (ped. 4),
by whom he had a son Roelof (who follows) ; with many
noble and illustrious men he went to the rescue of the
Emperor Henry IV, his godfather, from the imprison-
ment by his son and fell in battle near Liege in 1 105. His
wife died at the Castle of Bosichem 11 20 and was buried
in the Church at that place (Ibid., 11).

Roelof, seventh and last Lord van Bosichem, mar-
ried Aleid, daughter of Gerard, Lord van Heinsbergf
(ped. 8), by whom he had a daughter Ida, who in her
fifteenth year, was given in marriage to Alard, Lord van
Bueren, with promise of the manor of Bosichem as
dowry. Later he had a son Huibert. After Lord
Roelof had ruled over Bosichem thirty-nine years he
built Culemborg in 1144 for his son Huibert and gave
him this town with the dependent and surrounding
country as an inheritance after his death and thus
Bosichem was separated from Culemborg and became
the possession of the Lords van Bueren, afterwards
Counts, as a separate manor. While more than one hun-

*Rietstap: van Teylingen, Hollande. D'or au lion de
gueules, arme et lampasse d'azur; au lambel d'argent, brochant
sur le corps du lion.

t Rietstap : van Heinsberg, Limbourg. De gueules au lion
d'argent. Cimier, le lion, issuant entre un vol de gueules.


dred years before the building of Culemborg mention is
made in the Register of Fiefs of Utrecht regarding Culem-
borg, yet some claim that the city is older and that a
castle stood there before the building of Culemborg, and
that Lord Roelof merely retained the name, Vossius
says that Emperor Henrik, with a mighty army, going to
besiege Holland in 1123, besieged Schulenberg which, he
says, is now called Culemborg. While Lord Roelof was
Lord of Bosichem the principal Church of that place
was bestowed upon the Collegiate Church of St. John
at Utrecht in 1131 under rule of Andreas van Cuik and
Emperor Lotharius, according to Heda, 158. Roelof,
first Lord van Culemborg, ruled about thirty years at
the Castle at Bueren and died 11 74, being buried with
his wife at Bosichem {Ibid., 11, 12).

HuiBERT I, second Lord van Culemborg, was known
as "Hubrecht van Bosichem, Lord van Culemborg,
Knight." He married Johanna, daughter of Lord
Zweer van Zuilen,* by whom he had two sons, Jan and
Zweer, the former succeeding his father in rule of Culem-
borg and the latter receiving the manor of Vyanen and
marrying the daughter of Lord van der Leede and be-
coming first Lord of that district. Lord Zweer built a
castle about 12 13 and his descendants gave up the sur-
name of Culemborg and adopted that of Vyanen. From
Zweer originated the Lords van Vyanen, who bore three
black pillars on a silver field, f and possessed same until
141 8, when Henrik van Vyanen died and the manors
of Vyanen and Ameide passed to the noble family of
Brederode, when Jenne van Vyanen, daughter and
heiress of Lord Henrik van Vyanen and Marguerta van

*Rietstap: van Zuylen d'Anholt. Pays d' Utrecht. (Chief
branche de la maison de Zuylen, et vers 1310.) De gueules a
trois colonnes d'argent. Cimier, un colonne d'argent, ou cette
colonne courrone. Cri, Zuylen! Zuylen! {The colors differ
with Oudheusden' s illustration.)

fRietstap: van Vianen. Paysd' Utrecht, Hollande. D'ar-
gent a trois colonnes de sable. Casque courrone. Cimier, un
tete et col d'ane d'azur, les orielles d'or.


Herlaer, Lady of Ameide, married Walraven van Brede-
rode, who died at Gorinchem, 141 7. Jenne, his wife,
died in childbirth a half year later in 141 8. Thus
Reinout van Brederode became Lord van Vyanen and
Ameide. Lord Huibert van Culemborg died 1205, hav-
ing ruled at Culemborg about thirty-one years, and was
buried with his wife at Bosichem with his ancestors
(Ibid., 12, 13).

JoHAN I, third Lord van Culemborg, married the
daughter of Lord van Ghistelle* of Flanders, by whom he
had two sons, the first named Huibert and who suc-
ceeded his father in rule of Culemborg, the other named
Zweer, who had van Bosichem as a surname. About
this time Lord Steven van Bosichem, who is supposed
to have been a brother of the other two, and who was
greatly esteemed by Bishop Otto Steven, had a dis-
pute with the Cathedral Magistrate regarding tithes and
values in the vicinity of the Yssel and Lech, which he
renounced in 1225. Lord Johan established Barbara
Church for the use of the citizens and inhabitants,
which had the Chapel of Our Blessed Lady, used as
burial place for the Lords and Ladies van Culemborg,
and Lord Johan and many of his successors were buried
there. This church remained subordinate to the church
at Bosichem as the mother church until 13 10 when, with
Papal and Episcopal consent, it separated from that
church. Though Lord Johan and certain of his suc-
cessors retained the name van Bosichem, for he was
called "Jan van Bosichem, Lord van Culemborg, Knight,"
he, nevertheless, gave up the use of his father's coat-
of-arms, the three red bars diagonally on a golden field,
with Teisterbant in right canton, because his grand-
father Roelof had given the manor of Bosichem as a

*Rietstap: de Ghistelle. Flandre. {Princes 16 aout 1760,
M. et.) De gueules au chevron d'hermine. Cimier, une tete et
col de bouc d'argenf, accornee d'or, collete de sable, entre un vol
d'herminie. Lambrequins, d'argent et de gueules. Cri:
Ghistelles !


marriage portion with his daughter to Lord van Bueren,
and adopted the arms of his mother, Johanna van Zuilen,
although changing the colors to three red pillars on a
field of gold*, which remained the arms of the van Culem-
borg family, and which arms were placed in the right can-
ton of the shield of Bosichem, but this arrangement was
changed by his successors who omitted the Bosichem arms
and retained merely the three red columns on a golden
field. When Roelof, Castellan of Coevorden, besieged
Groningen in 1 2 2 5 , Otto van der Lippe, Bishop of Uterecht,
marched to that place with his retainers, the Counts of
Gelders and Cleve, Walraven van Meurs, Willem van
Lynden, Jan, Lord van Arkel, Jan, Lord van Bueren,
and other nobles, among whom was Jan, Lord van
Culemborg. The siege being raised the Castellan went
to Coevorden, where the army of the Bishop, carelessly
going on the morass, the majority sank, owing to their
heavy armor and were killed, the Bishop being among
the number. Lords van Arkel, van Lynden and many
knights, about four hundred, were taken prisoners or
killed, as Count of Gelders and Lord van Amstel. The
Bishop was abused and killed and his body was buried
in the Cathedral at Utrecht. Lord Johan was not
captured. According to Heda, this occurred in 1226.
Lord Johan died 1240, having ruled over Culemborg
thirty-five years and, according to Slichtenhorst, he was
the first of the Lords van Culemborg to be buried in the
Chapel of Our Lady at Culemborg (Oudheusden, 13-15).

HuiBERT II, fourth Lord van Culemborg, married
the daughter of Henrik, Lord van Voornef and Bur-
grave of Zeeland (ped. 85), by whom he had one son,
also named Huibert (who follows). Zweer van Culem-

* In Gudheusden's illustration of the van Zuilen arms the
field is given as argent, but no such description has been found,
or, apparently, being correct.

t Rietstap : van Voorne, burgraves de Zelande, Zelande. De
gueules au leopard lionne d'or, arme et lampasse d'azur. Cimier,
le leopard, issuant d'une cuve.


borg says in his Origines that the wife's name was Mar-
gerita. Lord Huibert built a castle in the western part
of the city which was subsequently razed and another
was built on the eastern side of the city, the white tower
of which still remains. In 125 1 a dispute occurred be-
tween four knights and barons, van Pavyen and Parys
on one side and Redichem and Caets and Lanksmeere
on the other side. The first two assailed the manors of
the other two and burned the houses and villages of
Redichem and Lanksmeere. The result may be obtained
from the following extract of a document which be-
longed to Huibert van Culemborg, Lord van Essche-
stein :

In 1 25 1 dispute arose between the aforesaid. These
barons had their manors in the Earldom of Teisterband;
that of Redichem adjoined the manor of Bosichem;
the aforesaid Lords burned and destroyed the baronies
of Redichem and Lanxmeer. Lord van Redichem, in
revenge, pierced the Leek dyke and drowned Lords
Parys and Paveyen and their retainers. No one re-
ceived more damage from this than Lord Huibert van
Culemborg, who took all four prisoners for a long time.
Lord Huibert married the daughter of Lord van Voorne.
By intervention of the Bishop of Utrecht, named Lord
Henrick van Vyanen, and the said Lord van Voorne, it
was decided that the four Lords should restore Lord
Huibert van Culemborg's town to its former state,
the estimate of which was so high that Lords Paveyen
and Parys were obliged to convey their manors to Lord
van Culemborg and went to reside in Zeeland, where
Paveyen had purchased the manor of Stryen and Lord
van Parys the manor of Zuydont, from which the Zuydont
family descended. Lord Wierick van Redichem con-
veyed his manor to Lord van Culemborg and died at
Culemborg and was buried in the church of St. Barbara,
where the Lords van Esschestein now lie. Lord van
Caets retained his manor for his descendants.

In 1520 the lordship of Caets was added to Culemborg
by purchase by Lord Antonis van Lalaing. Lord


Huibert van Culemborg ruled over Culemborg thirty-
two years and died 1272 and was buried with his wife
at St. Barbara's Church in the Chapel of Our Lady in
his paternal vault (Ibid., pp. 15-18).

Huibert III, fifth Lord van Culemborg, was Schenker
(Presenter or Cup Bearer) to the Bishops of Utrecht,
which honor he received from Count van Cuyk and
which remained in his successors a long time. His wife
was Geertruid, daughter of Jan, ninth Lord van Arkel*
(ped. 80), by whom he had one son Jan (who follows)
and two daughters, the elder of whom married Count
of Gooz and the younger married Gysbrecht van Caets,
Knight. In 1281 Lord Huibert sold his castle to Reinald,
Count of Gelders, for one hundred pounds, conditioned
that it should be held in fee according to the laws of
Zutphen, which was brought about according to Slich-
tenhorst, in the following manner:

Hubrecht, with the Lords van Amstel and Woerden,
raised an insurrection against the Bishop Henrick van
Vyanen and King Willem and his son Floris. Upon
advice of his uncle, Zweer van Bosichem, and brother,
Dirk Splinter, together with the Council of his City of
Culemborg, to obtain protection he gave up his inde-
pendence and sold his castle, up to that time a free
baronial possession, for £100 to Count Reynald of Geld-
ers and his heirs.

It is true that Lord Huibert joined his kinsmen against
the Count of Holland and Bishop of Utrecht but Slich-
tenhorst is mistaken in his claim that he made insur-
rection against King Willem and Hendrik van Vyanen,
as this does not agree with the chronology, as the Count
and Bishop had died long before. In 1284 Jan, Lord
van Arkel, gave a free waterway, now called the Huibert,
to Everdingen and Zyderveld (not yet belonging to

*Rietstap: van Arkel. Hollande. D' argent d, deux fasces
bretesse et contre-bretesse de gueules. Casque courrone. Cimier,
un cygne issuant d'argent, becque de gueules, le vol leve, chaque
aile charge des fasces de r ecus son.


Culemborg). In 1296 Lord Hubrecht sealed a decree on
behalf of the citizens of Montfoord against Henrik de
Rover, together with Lord Gysbrecht van Schalkwyk,
Lord Gysbrecht van Goye, Lord Hubrecht van Vyanen
and others. Lord Huibert van Culemborg died 1296,
having ruled twenty-four years, and was buried with
his parents at Culemborg. His wife died 13 12 {Ibid.,

Jan II, sixth Lord van Culemborg, married first
Margariet, only daughter and heiress of Gerrit, Lord
van Maurik,* by whom he had a son Huibert, who suc-
ceeded his father as Lord van Culemborg. By this
marriage the manors of Maurik, Ech and other estates
came to Culemborg although the high jurisdiction went
to Gelderland. In 1305 Jan, Lord van Arkel, granted
permission to Gysbrecht uten Goye, Johan van Bosichem
and Gysbrecht van Caets, for a large sum, to have a
water-course pass through his manor. A document con-
cerning the matter was sealed by Jan van Arkel, Lord
Amout van Arkel, uncle, Herbaern van Arkel, brother,
Jan uten Goye and Otto van Heukelhem, nephew of Lord
Jan. In 1308 Reinout, son of the Count of Gelders,
promised in an open letter to assist Lord Jan against all
who should wrong him. Lord Jan built the Barbara
Church and it was raised to a parish church in 13 10,
separating it from the mother church at Bosichem, with
sanction of the Bishop of Utrecht, etc. After the death
of his wife. Lord Jan married Petronella, daughter of
Zweer, Lord van Abkoude, by whom he had one son
Henrik, according to Slichtenhorst (Zweer van Culem-
borg says Jan). This Henrik or Jan, because his brother
Huibert hated him, was by agreement of friends, accord-
ing to Zweer van Culemborg, induced to enter the
Bishopric of Utrecht and built the houses of Schonauwen
and Woudenberg or, as others say, his father did so for

*Rietstap: van Maurik. Pays de Gueldre. D'or a une
forces de gtieules, posee en bande, les bouts en haut. Cimier,
deux forces de gueules, accostees les bouts en bas.


him. This was the first Lord van Schonauwen, and he
bore the coat-of-arms of Bosichem, three diagonal bars
on a gold shield with the Culemborg arms placed in right
canton, three red pillars on a gold field. In the genea-
logical register, under the description of the Bishopric
of Utrecht, it says:

1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Online LibraryEdwin Jaquett SellersAllied ancestry of the Van Culemborg family of Culemborg, Holland; being the ancestry of Sophia Van Culemborg, wife of Johan de Carpentier, parents of Maria de Carpentier, wife of Jean Paul Jaquet, vice-director and chief magistrate of the colonies on the South river of New Netherland 1655-1657 → online text (page 1 of 12)