Ellery Bicknell Crane.

Historic homes and institutions and genealogical and personal memoirs of Worcester county, Massachusetts, with a history of Worcester society of antiquity (Volume 2) online

. (page 27 of 133)
Online LibraryEllery Bicknell CraneHistoric homes and institutions and genealogical and personal memoirs of Worcester county, Massachusetts, with a history of Worcester society of antiquity (Volume 2) → online text (page 27 of 133)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


is a member of the North Congregational Church,
and in politics is a Republican.

He married, December 21, 1895, Mary E. Derby,
born August 13, 1874, daughter of Hiram and Mary
(McDonald) Derby, of Lunenburg. Hiram Derby
was a manufacturer of wooden ware at Fitzwill-
iam. Children of Henry Joel and Mary E. Whitte-
more are: Eunice, born September 22, 1896; Inez
Elizabeth, February 17, 1898; Dexter Derby, Octo-
ber 8, 1899; Lillian Waters, December 5, 1900; Joel
Truman, December 31, 1902; Henrietta, July 13.
1904; Elliot Sylvanus, January 18, 1906.

CHARLES ARTHUR ANDREWS. Robert
Andrews (1), the immigrant ancestor of Charles
Arthur Andrews, of Winchendon, ' Massachusetts,
was born in England. He came to Ipswich, Massa-
chusetts, in 1635, from Norwich, Norfolk county.
England, owner and master of the ship "Angel
Gabriel." His sister Mary married Robert Burnam
and her three sons, John, Thomas and Robert
Burnam, were on this vessel when it was wrecked
near Pemaquid, Maine, in a violent storm, August
J 5' 1635. The ship was of two hundred and forty
tons burden and carried sixteen guns. After his loss
Captain Andrews left the sea and settled in Che-
bacco (Essex), Massachusetts. He was admitted
a freeman May 6, 1635, and licensed to keep the first
ordinary in the town, September 3, 1635. His house
lot was on the south side of the river near the
church. He had many grants of land and acquired
a large property. He died in 1643. His will is
dated April 2, 1641, and proved at Ipswich, March
26, 1643-44, bequeathing to wife Elizabeth, sons
John and Thomas, son-in-law Franklyn ; daughter
Elizabeth ; grandson Daniel Hovey ; to John, son of
Humphrey Griffin, and two other sons, all under
twenty-one years; to kinsmen John, Thomas and
Robert Burnam. His children : Alice, married
William Franklyn, of Ipswich; Abigail, married
Daniel Hovey, of Ipswich (see Hovey family
sketch); John, see forward; Thomas, born in Eng-
land, school master at Ipswich, died unmarried July
10, 1683.

(II) John Andrews, son of Robert Andrews
(1), was born in England, 1622, according to a
deposition that he made in 1692. He was called the
eldest son and a minor in his father's will. April 2,
1641. He must have been in the militia as he is
called corporal in the records. He was a baker by
trade. He was received as an inhabitant of Ips-
wich, 1646. He sold land there in 1652 to Mary
Webster. He held the office of surveyor of high-
ways in 1666. He died intestate at Ipswich, 1705.
His will was dated March 13, 1705. He married
Sarah , who died April 29, 1666. Their chil-
dren were : John, see forward ; William, Thomas,
Joseph, Elizabeth, married James Giddings.

(III) John Andrews, son of John Andrews (2),
was born in 1648 according to a deposition made



in 1684. In a deed made by his father, June 30,.
1677, to James Giddings and wife Elizabeth who
was his sister, both John Andrews and Giddings are
mentioned as living on a farm at Averill's Hill. He
bought land of Robert Cross, Jr., an island of six:
acres, October 29, 1675. He was lieutenant in the
militia, and a soldier in King Philip's war. He or
his father was a tything man in Ipswich in 1697.
Among his children was John, see forward.

(IV) Deacon John Andrews, son of Lieutenant
John Andrews (3), was born in Ipswich, about
1680. He settled in Chebacco, Ipswich. His
will was proved April 16, 1753, dated November 20,
1751. His estate was inventoried at five hundred
and seventy-one pounds and was divided March 29,
1754. Children of Deacon and Elizabeth Andrews
were: John (twin), born about 1710; Jeremiah
(twin), born about 1710; Elizabeth, born about 1712,
married Abijah Wheeler; Margaret, born about
1714, married, December 14, 1734, James Perkins;
Abigail, born in Chebacco, married, December 2,
T 73D. Jeremiah Burnam; Dorcas, married (inten-
tions dated March 13), 1741, James Ely; Ruhamah,
married (intentions dated October 27), 1748, Daniel
Low.

(V) Jeremiah Andrews, son of John Andrews
(4), and twin brother of John Andrews. They
were born about 1708-10, and were the executors of
their father's estate in 1754. He settled in Che-
bacco near the Manchester line. He married (sec-
ond) Lucy Rust, (intentions January 11) 1745.
Among his children were: Jeremiah, Jr., see for-
ward; Benjamin, of Manchester, died at sea 1764,
leaving son Ezekiel and three daughters.

(VI) Jeremiah Andrews, Jr., son of Jeremiah
Andrews (5), was born in Chebacco, (Essex)
Massachusetts, about 1730. He settled in Manches-
ter, Massachusetts. He married there Lydia Knowl-
ton, of Ipswich, March 19, 1750-51. He was a sol-
dier in the revolution for a short time. Among
their children were: Lydia, born September 4, 1752,
married Nicholas Babcock, January 18, 1776; Lydia,
baptized at Manchester, June 16, 1754; Molly, born
November 4, 1760; John, see forward.

(VII) John Andrews, probably, son of Jere-
miah Andrews, Jr., of Essex, possibly his grandson.
He was born in Essex, Massachusetts, in 1777, and
died 1857, about eighty years old. He married
(first), August 21, 1806, Lucy Craft. He married
(second), January 3, 1813, Nancy Rowe, who died
at Essex in 1889, aged ninety-seven years. Chil-
dren of John and Lucy Andrews were : John
Craft, born March 1, 1807; Joseph. Children of
John and Nancy Andrews Were : William, born
November 17, 1813 ; Sarah ; Hannah ; Isaac M., see
forward ; Nathaniel, Samuel James, born January
18, 1831 ; George Edward, born January 7, 1837.

(VIII) Isaac M. Andrews, son of John Andrews'
(7), was born at Manchester, Massachusetts, March
11, 1823. He received a meagre education in the dis-
trict schools of that town, and worked during his

' boyhood on the farm with his father. For many
years he worked at farming in various places. He
removed to> Ipswich in 1861, where he was em-
ployed until he enlisted in the civil war. He served
nearly two years in 1863 and 1864 and then returned
to Ipswich, removing the following year to Wen-
ham and subsequently to Boxford where he worked
on a farm. In 1867 he removed to Auburn, New
Hampshire, where he worked as a farmer and stone
mason, and here he lived for the remainder of his
days. He was a Republican in politics. He married
at Manchester, October 15, 1845, Christiana B.
Morgan, born at Manchester, November 30, 1828,
daughter of Israel and Christiana Morgan. Her




j6.yV'£?^e^,



WORCESTER COUNTY



9i



father was born August II, 1807, died July 25,
1859. Her mother was born in Charles City, Vir-
ginia, May 18, 1808. The children of Isaac M. and
Christiana Andrews were: Isabella, born December
24, 1847, at Manchester, Massachusetts, married
Frank E. Wells, of Auburn, New Hampshire; Henry
H., see forward; Thankful H, born October 18,
1855, at Manchester, died in 1859.

(IX) Henry H. Andrews, son of Isaac M.
Andrews (8), was born in Manchester, Massachu-
setts, December 16, 1850. He received his early
education in the common schools of that town.
When he was eighteen he went to Lynn, Massachu-
setts, to learn the trade of machinist, remaining
there until 1870, when he went to Stoughton to work
at his trade. In October, 1883, he left Stoughton
to run a farm at Ingersoll, Canada. In 1885 he re-
moved to Etna, Minnesota, where he conducted a
farm until December, 1888, when he removed to
Wales, Michigan. He has resided in Michigan since.
After settling in Etna he studied for the ministry,
largely at home, and was licensed to preach in 1887.
He was ordained a minister of the Baptist church
of Kenockee, Michigan, in Port Huron, November
5, 188.2, and has since held pastorates and organized
and built churches at Brockway, Goodells, Blaine,
Worth, Marion, Elmer and Deckerville, Michigan,
and also organized and built a church at other towns
and has done a great work in this direction. He re-
signed his pastorate at Deckerville after serving
eighteen years, July 1, 1903. Since 1903 he has
held a commission from the state board of missions,
and is at present superintendent of mission work
in Huron. He was moderator of the Huron Bap-
tist Association for nine years. Is a member of the
Home Mission Board of Baptists for Michigan, a
member of the Odd Fellows order and was chap-
lain in his lodge in 1900, vice grand in 1901 and
noble grand in 1902. He is a Prohobitionist in
politics.

He married, May 26, 1872, at Lynn, Massachu-
setts, Delia Lucretia Richardson, born at Chazy,
New York, September 5. 1845, daughter of Nathan,
Jr., and Huldah R. (Waters) Richardson. Her
father was a farmer, a soldier in the war of 1812.
Her mother was born at Deerfield, Massachusetts,
August 12, 1810. The children of Rev. Henry H.
and Delia L. Andrews were : Anna Mabel, born
May 2, 1873, at Stoughton, Massachusetts ; Charles
Arthur, see forward; Ernest H., born at Kenockee,
Michigan, December 24, 1880, hardware clerk in
Holyoke, Massachusetts ; Nellie, born at Brockway,
Michigan, December 25, 1884, died November 19,
1885.

(X) Charles Arthur Andrews, son of Rev.
Henry H. Andrews (9), was born in North Oxford,
Ontario, May 25, 1875. He removed with his par-
ents to Etna, Minnesota, when an infant, subse-
quently removing to Goodells, Michigan, where he
had his first schooling. After five years the family
removed to Brockway, Michigan, where he attended
school. Four years later he removed again with
the family to Worth, Michigan, where he attended
school for four years. He completed his education
at Deckerville, Michigan, when about seventeen
years old. His first business venture was at this time
when he entered the provision business at Decker-
ville, remained in it for about a year and sold
to good advantage. While still in school he had
worked much of his spare time in a hardware store,
gaining a thorough knowledge of that business. Mr.
Andrews located April 27, 1893, in Lynn, Massachu-
setts, where he started in the hardware store of H.
F. Poole. After a year he entered the employ of
J. W. Harding & Company, hardware dealers,



where he remained four years. He came to Win-
chendon, May, 1898, and started in the business
of lumbering and teaming, buying wood lots in
partnership with Wallace Witherill, of Waterville,
and selling the lumber to the various wooden ware
factories in the vicinity. In 1902 he went into the
hardware business, opening a store in the Bartlett
block, Winchendon, near the railroad station. He
made a specialty of agricultural tools and machinery
till he sold out the business February 1, 1906, and
is now a director and manager of the Winchendon
Auto Transit Company, a corporation recently or-
ganized there. Mr. Andrews is a Unitarian in re-
ligion and a Republican in politics. He has served
on various appropriation committees of the town
of Winchendon. He belongs to the Independent
Order of Foresters, the Royal Arcanum for a num-
ber of years, and the Avon Club. He married,
July 15, 1898, Mrs. M. L. Bartlett, born April 29,
1859, who before her marriage to M. L. Bartlett, de-
ceased, was Miss Ellagene V. Richardson, daughter
of John N. Richardson, of Winchendon. (See

sketch elsewhere.) Her mother, Joanna M. Cook,
was born in Winchendon, daughter of John Cook.
(See Beals family.) Mr. Bartlett was born in
Winchendon, 1853, a son of David Paul and Elvira
(Newton) Bartlett, the former of whom was born
in Rindge, New Hampshire, son of Martin Bart-
lett, of Townsend, Massachusetts. M. L. Bartlett
was educated at high school and assisted his father,
who was a manufacturer of wooden ware in Harris-
ville and also at Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire. He
also bought wood lots and sold the same as a specu-
lation. The business of real estate his son, M. L.,
followed. He also manufactured reed and rattan
chairs and had a partner in this, Mr. Campbell; this
he carried on till the fall of 1903. He died Jan-
uary 14. 1904. Mr. and Mrs. M. L. Bartlett had*
three children: 1. John Percival, born December
-3. J877, president of the Auto Transit Company ;
married Sadie G. Cameron of Goshen, Nova Scotia ;
two children: Willard Cameron, born October
9, 1902 ; Martin Lewis, born November 2, 1904. 2.
Ray Palmer, born Februarp 7, 1889. 3. Edith J.,
born October 7, 1891. Mr. Bartlett was a member of
the Independant Order Odd Fellows, and Independ-
ent Order of United Workmen. He was a member
of the Unitarian church, and a Republican in poli-
tics ; he held town offices, taking an active interest
in all town affairs.

HOMER NEWTON PARKER. James Parker-
(1), who came from England before 1640, was the
immigrant ancestor of Homer Newton Parker, of
Winchendon, Massachusetts. He settled first in
Woburn, where he was living in 1640, aiid he was
on the tax list of that town in 1645. He removed
to Billerica about 1654, to Chelmsford in 1658 and
to Groton in 1660. He was a selectman of the
latter town. He was a lieutenant in the militia.
He died in 1701, aged eighty-three years. His will
is on file.

James Parker married, May 23, 1644, Elizabeth,
daughter of Robert Long, of Charlestown, Massa-
chusetts. Their children : Elizabeth, born April
12, 1645, at Woburn; Anna, January 5, 1646-47;
John, January 18, 1648, probably died young ; John,
2d, February 28, 1649 ; Sarah, August 29, 1650, died
October 15. 165 1 ; Joseph, see forward; James, born
April 15, 1652, married Mary Parker; he was a
grantee of Billerica, and was killed by the Indians,
July 2J, 1694; Josiah, 1655, married Elizabeth Saxon,
of Boston; Samuel, married Abigail Lakin ; Joshua,
March 3, 1658, at Chelmsford, married Abigail
Shattuck ; Zachariah, January 14, 1659, at Chelms-



92



WORCESTER COUNTY



ford. The only child of James and Eunice Parker:
Eleazer, born December 12, 1697 (see will).

(II) Joseph Parker, sixth child of James Parker
(I), was born in Woburn in 1651. He married

(first) Elizabeth , and (second), November 19,

1OS4, Hannah . Children of Joseph and Eliza-
beth Parker, all born at Groton, were: Sarah, No-
vember 16, 1676, died September 15, 1704; Elizabeth,
August 31, 1679; Simon, August 27, 1687; Joseph,
see forward; Nehemiah, Isaac. Children of Joseph
and Hannah Parker were: Benjamin, December 3,
1691 ; John, August 26, 1695.

(III) Joseph Parker, fourth child of Joseph
Parker (2), was born in Groton, March 1, 1689,
married Abigail Sawtelle, January 24, 1715-16; they
settled in Groton. Their children were : Mary,
born October 12, 1716; Josiah, see forward; Oba-
diah, September 11, 1719; Joseph, April 16, 1721 ;
Abigail, February 27, 1722-23 ; Hannah, October 14,
1724, died December 5, 1731 ; Timothy, June 5, 1726;
Nehemiah, December 2, 1727; Joshua, January 25,
1729-30; Ephraim, born March 25, 1732; Sarah,
June 15, 1734; Tryphena, April 15, 1736; Sybil,
March 5, 1737; Zachariah, June 28, 1740, died Au-
gust 27, 1740.

(IV) Josiah Parker, second child of Joseph
Parker (3), was born in Groton, Massachusetts,

January 3, 1717, married Elizabeth . He died

at Groton,- August 28, 1747. Their children : Mar-
tha, born January 7, 1737; Josiah, February 13,
1739; Elizabeth, December 28, 1740; Joseph, see
forward; Hannah, February 28, 174s; Jonathan,
died unmarried at New Ipswich, New Hampshire,
said to be brother of Joseph.

(V) Captain Joseph Parker, son of Josiah Par-
ker (4), was born in Groton, Massachusetts, June 28,
1743. He married, May I, 1764, Abigail Page, daugh-
ter of Joseph and Abigail (Shedd) Page. She was

born February 23, 1743, died 1812. He died in 1807.
In 1766, soon after his marriage, he settled in New
Ipswich, New Hampshire, first on land adjoining
the Gould farm (44 N. D.), then on the Fox farm
and later on part of the Chandler place. He was a
pioneer in the town. It has been said that he was
well fitted for the part he played, especially during
the revolution. He was a daring, energetic man
and had much influence with his fellow citizens. He
was captain of a company that responded to the
Lexington alarm, and served also at Ticonderoga,
New York, in Rhode Island and at the taking of
Burgoyne ; he was popular with his soldiers. He
.was a leading citizen of the town after the revo-
lution, and was selectman in 1782-86, was on a com-
mittee to consider the constitution at the close of
the war, and held other offices of trust and honor.
Children of Captain Joseph and Abigail Parker
were: Maria, born in Groton, March 7, 1765, died in
Pepperell, November 2,1767; Joseph, born in Groton,
November 19, 1766, settled in Lempster; Maria, born
in Groton, October 6, 1768; Zachariah, see forward;
Amos, born in New Ipswich, 1773, settled in Lemp-
ster; Susannah, born 1774, died 1781 ; Asa, born
T 777; John, born 1779; Betty, born 1783, died 1807;
Sarah, born 1785, married Sampson Tenney, settled
in Illinois: Lydia, born 1789.

(VI) Zachariah Parker, fourth child of Captain
Joseph Parker (5), was born in Ipswich, New
Hampshire, 1770. He was educated in the district
schools there, and remained on the farm with his
father for a number of years. Later he owned a
farm which he conducted very successfully. He
also manufactured potash in furnaces on his farm
at New Ipswich. He removed about 1848 to live
with his son at Ludlow, Vermont, and resided there
about twelve years, till his death in 1859. He was



a prominent man in New Ipswich and held many
positions of trust and honor. He married at New
Ipswich, Mary Clary, of that town. Their chil-
dren: Zachariah, see forward; John, Harvey, Orin.

(VII ) Zachariah Parker, eldest son of Zacha-
riah Parker (6), was born in New Ipswich, New
Hampshire, February 22, 1797. He received his
education in the district schools of the town, and
began life with his father as a farmer. At the age
of twenty-three he removed to Ludlow, Vermont.
Soon after he married and carried his household
goods thither on an ox cart. At that time Vermont
received many thousand settlers from New Hamp-
shire and Massachusetts. He cleared his farm and
it eventually became one of the best in that section.
He owned four hundred or five hundred acres of
timber land. He was acknowledged to be the best
judge of horses in the state, and much of his time
was taken in buying and selling horses throughout
New England. He was a Whig in early life and
later a Republican. Was assessor or lister at Lud-
low, selectman, and held various other town offices
for many years. He was a member of the First
Congregational Church at Ludlow. He died in this
town, July 21, 1883.

He married, 1821, at Rindge, New Hampshire,
Dolly Wood, born February 23, 1803, daughter of
Jonathan Wood, of Rindge. Her father was a
farmer. Children of Zachariah and Dolly

(Wood) Parker, all born at Ludlow, were: Dolly,
Harvey, Mary Ann, Charles Stillman, Cynthia Au-
gusta, Sylvesta Hartwell, Emily C. Hartwell, and
Homer Newton, only one living, see forward.

(VIII) Homer Newton Parker, youngest child of
Zachariah Parker (7), was born in Ludlow, Ver-
mont, July 15, 1848. He had a common school edu-
cation in his native town, and at the age of seven-
teen attended the Black River Academy for a year.
He learned the carriage maker's trade and followed
it for three years. After another year spent at the
Black River Academy in Ludlow, he started in
business on his own account in the manufacture of
toys. After a year he incorporated the business
under the name of the Ludlow Toy Manufacturing
Company, built a factory and acquired a water
privilege at Ludlow. Five years later he purchased
the business of his father-in-law, Hyren Henry, at
Perkinsville, Vermont, and engaged in the manu-
facture of soapstone stoves and other arti-
cles. He also made fancy wooden boxes.
After three years he removed the busi-
ness to Springfield, Vermont. He sold soon
afterward to the Vermont Novelty Works Company
and became the assistant superintendent, but the
plant was destroyed by fire three months later. In
1879 he removed to Leominster, Massachusetts, and
became manager of the W. S. Reed Toy Company,
a position he held for four years. He became
associated then with Morton E. Converse, of Win-
chendon, as partner in the Converse Toy and Wood-
en-ware Company. The members of the firm were
A. C. Converse, of Chelsea; M E. Converse and
Mr. Parker. He left this firm after three years and
accepted a position with W. M. Caldwell, who was
then operating one of the present National Novelty
Corporation's factories. In 1889 he formed a part-
nership with Orlando Mason under the firm name
of Mason & Parker for the manufacture of steel
toys and hardware specialties. July 20, 1903, they
consolidated with some twenty other firms and their
business since then has been called the Mason &
Parker branch of the National Novelty Corporation,
of which Mr. Parker is the general manager. Mr.
Mason is retired. Mr. Parker is a director of the
National Toy Corporation.



WORCESTER COUNTY



93



In politics he is a Republican and has Wen
delegate to various Republican conventions. He is
at present chairman of the town committee, lie
is a member of the Avon Club of Winchendon. He
retains his membership in the Baptist church at
Ludlow. He was a member of Company E, Tenth
Vermont Volunteers, in 1865-66.

He married, January 13, 1875, Harriet L. Henry,
born October 6, 1852, daughter of Hyren and Caro-
line (Parker) Henry, of Weathersfield, Vermont.
Her lather was a manufacturer of soap-stone stoves
and bobbins, prominent man in the town and was a
membtr of the state legislature. The only child of
Homer N. and Harriet L. Parker is: Harry Edison,
born August 31, 1878, educated at public schools of
Winchendon, graduated at Murdock high school,
same town, then pursued a commercial course at
Worcester and engaged with his father in his manu-
facturing establishment at Winchendon. In 1905
was made superintendent, which position he still
holds. Member of Avon Club and Royal Arcanum.
Married Eda Nell Yager, of Baldwinsville, Massa
chusetts, and they have one child, Kermit Edison,
born August 13, 1903.

JOHN NATHAN RICHARDSON. Thomas
Richardson (1), the immigrant ancestor of John
Nathan Richardson, of Winchendon, Massachusetts,
was the youngest of the three brothers, Ezekial,
Samuel and Thomas Richardson, who with Edward
Converse, Edward Johnson, John Mousall, William
Learned and others were the pioneers in the settle-
ment of Woburn, Massachusetts. They were also
the original members of the church there in 1641.
They were the commissioners chosen by the church
at Charlestown, November 5, 1640, to commence
the settlement, except that Learned was substituted
for Thomas Graves, who declined to serve.

Ezekiel Richardson came from England in the
Winthrop fleet in 1630, and was in Charlestown
probably about July 6. His home in England was in
Norfolk county, where the name had been common
for more than a century. The name is found on the
early records of Sussex, Surrey and other counties.
Thomas Richardson and his brother Samuel were
younger. They came together probably in 1635.
Mary Richardson, the wife of Thomas, joined the
church at Charlestown, February 21, 1635-36, and
Thomas joined February 18, 1637-38. He was ad-
mitted a freeman May 2, 1638. His house lot was
granted in 1637. He married about the time he
sailed from England. The homes of the Richardson
brothers were on the Mystic side and above the
ponds, viz. : in Maiden. They became prominent
citizens of Woburn. He died August 28, 1651,
leaving seven young children, the eldest of whom
was only thirteen years old and the youngest an in-
fant. His widow married (second), October 26,
1655, Michael Bacon, an original settler of Woburn
in 1641, an immigrant from Ireland, ancestor of
Dr. Leonard Bacon, of New Haven, Connecticut.
She was his second wife. She died May 19, 1670.

The children of Thomas and Mary Richardson
were : Mary, baptized in Charlestown, November
17, 1638, married, May 15. 1655, John Baldwin;
Sarah, baptized at Charlestown, November 22, 1640,
married, March 22, 1660, Michael Bacon, Jr.; Isaac,
born at Woburn, May 14, 1643, married Deborah
Fuller; Thomas, see forward; Ruth, born at Wo-
burn, April 14, 1647 ; Phebe, born in Woburn, Jan-
uary 24, 1648-49; Nathaniel, born at Woburn, Jan-
uary 2, 1650-51, married Mary .

(II) Thomas Richardson, fourth child of Thomas
Richardson (1), was born at" Woburn, Massachu-
setts, October 4, 1645. He married, at Cambridge,



January 5, 1669-70, Mary Stimpson, by the famous
Daniel Gookin, magistrate. She died June 7, 1690.
He married (second), at Billerica, December 29,
1690, Sarah Patten, widow of Thomas Patten, of
Billerica, who died January 16, 16S9-90. He re-
moved from Woburn to Billerica (then called Shaw-



Online LibraryEllery Bicknell CraneHistoric homes and institutions and genealogical and personal memoirs of Worcester county, Massachusetts, with a history of Worcester society of antiquity (Volume 2) → online text (page 27 of 133)