Ellery Bicknell Crane.

Historic homes and institutions and genealogical and personal memoirs of Worcester county, Massachusetts, with a history of Worcester society of antiquity (Volume 2) online

. (page 98 of 133)
Online LibraryEllery Bicknell CraneHistoric homes and institutions and genealogical and personal memoirs of Worcester county, Massachusetts, with a history of Worcester society of antiquity (Volume 2) → online text (page 98 of 133)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


of Holden, known as the old Alonzo Davis place,
containing thirty acres. In addition to his farm-
ing he was in the lumber business, sometimes on his
own account and at others in the employ of Asa
and Ira Broad. He died at Holden. He was a
Congregationalist in religion. In politics he was
a Whig, until the Republican party was organized,
after which he voted the Republican ticket. He
was highway surveyor of Holden, and in early life
was in the militia. He married, November 28, ,1831,
Mary Ann Burpee, of Templeton, born at Ludlow,
Vermont, March 1, 1810. Children: Elmer, born at
Templeton, April 21, 1832, died October 19, 1848;
Isaac Chenery, born at Holden, September 12, 1841,
see forward ; Edward Eugene, born at Holden, Octo-
ber 23, 1845, married Victoria Bolton, of South-
bridge, Massachusetts, and they have two children,
Walter, Eugene.

(VIII) Isaac Chenery Richardson, son of Ed-
ward Richardson (7), was born in Holden, Massa-
chusetts, September 12, 1841. He was brought up
on a farm and educated in the common schools like
the vast majority of the boys of his day in New
England. At the age of fourteen years he went to
live with Deacon R. B. Miles, at Rutland, working
on the farm and during the winter term attending
school until he was eighteen. He remained with
Deacon Miles until he came of age. He worked
later on the farms of Daniel Wheeler at Rutland and
James E. Cheney at Holden. He went to Worcester
in 1861 and entered the employ of the State Hos-
pital for the Insane, Summer street, first as an at-
tendant and later as the head farmer of that insti-
tution, remaining there some five years, and four
years as gardener and coachman for Major E. P.
Halstead, Cedar street, Worcester. The young man
then returned to Holden, worked a few years on
his father's place and July 12, 1875, bought it of
his father and has lived there ever since. He is
known as a prosperous farmer and an excellent citi-
zen. He is an active member of the Holden Con-
gregational Church and has served on the parish
committee. In politics he has taken a leading part
and has often been sent as a delegate to various
nominating conventions of the Republican party, to
which he belongs. He was highway surveyor two
years. He has also been fire warden of Holden. He
is a member of Holden Grange, Patrons of Hus-
bandry, No. 140, and has been the Master twenty
years. He is a member and has been treasurer of



the Farmers' and Mechanics' Club twenty years. He
was secretary in 1882-83.

He married, March 1, 1866, Fanny Charlotte Red-
head, born in North Woodstock, Connecticut, Sep-
tember 22, 1840, daughter of Robert and Caroline
Jane (Abbott) Redhead, lle-r father was a farmer
at North Woodstock. The children of Isaac Chenery
and Fanny Charlotte Richardson are: I. Annie
Eva, born at Holden, November 16, 1870, married
George Sherman Richards, of Winchendon, Massa-
chusetts, and they have children — Gladys Hale, born
at Winchendon, January 27, 1894; Harold Gordon,
born at Winchendon, June 30, 1897; Mildred Arline,
born at Worcester, June 20, 1900; Ralph Chenery,
born at Worcester, December 15, 1902. 2. Alary
Alice, born June I, 1876, in Holden, Massachusetts.
3. Frederick C, born August 9, 1881, resides at
home.

ERNEST KEYES PROCTOR. Robert Proctor,
the immigrant ancestor of Ernest Keyes Proctor,
of Lunenburg, was born in England. He settled in
this country first at Salem, where he was admitted
a freeman May 10, 1643. He removed to Concord,
Massachusetts, where he married, December 31, 1645,
Jane Hildreth. About 165 1 he removed to Chelms-
ford, where he lived the remainder of his life. He
was one of twenty-five original grantees of the town
of Chelmsford. He died there April 26, 1697. His
will was dated March 10, 1695-96, proved July 13,
1697. The children of Robert and Jane (Hildreth)
Proctor, born at Concord were : Sarah, born Octo-
ber 12, 1646; Gershom, May 13, 1648; Mary, April
10, 1650; Peter, 165. Children born at Chelmsford
were: Elizabeth, December 16, 1656; James, Janu-
ary 8, 1658; Lydia, February 19, 1660, died April 13,
1661 ; Samuel, John, Israel, April 29 1668; Thomas,
April 30, 1671, was lost at sea, judging from father's
will ; Dorothy, married Barrett.

(II) Peter Proctor, son of Robert Proctor (1),
was born in 165 1 at Concord, Massachusetts. He
removed when an infant with the family to the new
town of Chelmsford, which adjoins old Concord.
He lived there all his life a farmer, and died there
July 31, 1730. He married at Billerica, Massachu-
setts, January 30, 1668, Mary Patterson, who died
October 12, 1724, at Chelmsford. Children of Peter
and Mary Proctor were : Robert, born at Chelms-
ford, January 3, 1689, see forward ; Rebecca, April
29, 1692; Peter, August 14, 1694; Mary, March 10,
1697; Eston, July 9, 1700; Joseph, November 8, 1703;
Ezekiel, November 9, 1709.

(III) Robert Proctor, son of Peter Proctor (2),
was born in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, January 3,
1689. He settled in the adjacent town of Littleton.
Massachusetts, and died there November 2, 1755.
His wife died at Warwick, Massachusetts. He mar-
ried Mary Haywood (or Howard). Their children
were: Robert, born April 8, 1719; Elizabeth, No-
vember 30, 1721, died October 15, 1723; Nathaniel,
born November 5, 1723, see forward ; Zachariah, De-
cember 25, 1725, died December 25, 1728; Mary,
March 5, 1727; Elizabeth, August 20, 1729; Joseph,
June 20, 1732; Peter, March 26, 1735.

(IV) Nathaniel Proctor, son of Robert Proctor
(3). was born at Littleton, Massachusetts, Novem-
ber 5, 1723. He married Mary Warren, of Little-
ton. He died October 30, 1S06. His wife was born
October 7, 1733, and died November 5. 1813, aged
eighty years, and twenty-nine days, according to the
family records. Children of Nathaniel and Mary
Proctor were: Nathaniel, born July 5, 1762, see for-
ward; Polly (Mary), born March 21, 1766, married
Josiah Walton, of Temple, New Hampshire, March



334



WORCESTER COUNTY



5, 1799, died June 24, 1835; Elizabeth, born April
18, 1768, married Stephen Tenney, November 25.
1791, died January 3. 1844; Lucy, burn August 18,
1771, married Stephen Houghton, of Lunenburg,
April 23, 1809. died March I, 1858; Eunice, born
February 16, 1773. married Stephen Brown, of
Mason, New Hampshire, October 16, 1793, died
August 9. 1868.

1 \ ) Nathaniel Proctor, Jr., son of Nathaniel
Proctor (4), was born at Littleton, .Massachusetts,
July 5, 1702. He received a common school educa-
tion there and learned the trade of cooper. He fol-
lowed this trade through life, having his own shop
and doing a considerable business, fie was a lover
of sport and was said to be the most successful
hunter in all the country round about. It is told of
him that, single-handed, he killed one of the largest
bi ars ever seen in that vicinity, and the skin was
made into a rug and used in the Proctor household
for many years. He had a farm besides his cooper's
-hop to keep him busy, and in later life lived on
this farm in Littleton. He was a soldier in the
revolution and after the war was a captain of militia,
lie was for many years a justice of the peace and
the local "Squire" of Littleton. He was liberal in
his religious beliefs, and one of the early Unitarian -
111 this vicinity. He died December 18, 1819. He
married, December 19, 17S6, at Littleton, .Mercy
Russell, and their children, all born at Littleton,
were: Sarah, born November 26, 17S7, died May
8, 1839; Jacob, August 19, 1789, died May 28, 18S8;
Edmund, November 14, 1702. see forward; Mary,
October 29, 1795, died June, 1883; John Russell,
Jul\ 27, 171,9, died November 19, 1850; Martha.
September 25. 1801, died February 18, 1891 ; Francis
Kidder, July 18, 1803, died October 14, 1875 ; Joel,
March 1, 1805. died November 19, 1895; Abigail
Ann. July 9. 1809, died May 3, 1854.

(VI) Edmund Proctor, son of Nathaniel
Proctor, Jr., (5), was born at Littleton, Massa-
1 it-. November 14, 1791 (or 1792 according
to another family record). He was educated in
the district schools of Littleton. He began at
ili" age of seventeen his apprenticeship at the
' toper's trade. He followed his trade in the
winter season and carried on his farm at Littleton
iir the summer. He sold his farm in Littleton, about

8, and removed to Lunenburg, where he bought
and lived on the old Priest farm for thirteen years.
lie sold it to Calvin Morse and bought the old Sam-
uel Houghton farm in the south part of Lunenburg
of Josiah Pierce, who was then its owner, and con-
tinued on that farm until he removed to Westminster
a short time before he died. The date of his death
was Dec mber 27. [882. He was a member of the
Lunenburg Congregational Church and for many
years served on the parish committee. In politics he
was first a Whig and then a Republican. He was
active in the party organization and often was elected
delegate to the nominating conventions of his party.
He was on the Lunenburg school committee and
also road commissioner in that town.

lie married, August 10, 1815, Elizabeth Good-
rich, born in Lunenburg, April 1, 1798, -died Decem-
ber 7, 1872, daughter of Phineas and Betsey (Kil-
burn) Goodrich, of Lunenburg. Children of Ed-
mund and Elizabeth Proctor were: I.Jacob, born at
Littleton, February 20, 1816, died June 7, 1887; mar-
ried Nancy Bowers, of Acworth. New Hampshire,
who died February 16, 1892, and they had — Edmund,
Anna. 2. Elizabeth Goodrich, born at Littleton, June
1. 1817, died at Newton Highlands, February 18,
1800; married Joseph Blood, of Boston, and they
have — Elizabeth Augusta, Lucretia. Louisa, Martha.

I dmund Augustus, born at Lunenburg, March 16,



1819, died November II, 1890; married Mercy
Howes, of Barre, Massachusetts, and their children
were — Augusta, born 111 Lunenburg ; Alba, born 111
Ashby; Alson, Amma, Amboy, Angie. 4. Asenath
married (first), April 22. 1841* William Rea Hadley,
married (first), Aprl 22, 1841, William Rea Hadley,
of Lunenburg, and they had — Mary Frances, born
June 14, 1842; William Grandville, born July 28,
1844. died January 16, 1845; Edmund Proctor, born
.March 10, 1846, married Sarah Jane Gray; Amanda
.Matilda, born May I, 1848, married Charles Emerson
Smith, of Holden; Frederick Rea, born October 11,
1850, married Estella Simonds, of Lunenburg; Will-
iam Grandville, born February 9, 1853; Asenath
Goodrich (Proctor) Hadley married (second),
March 18, 1859, George Henry Mclntire and their
children were: Henry Mclntire. born March 3,
i860; Walter Mclntire, born September 23, 1802.
5. Amanda Maloria, born at Lunenburg, March 20,
1821, died April i(j, 1823. 0. Mary, born at Lunen-
burg, .March 14, 1822, dud at West Groton, New
York, January 25. 1872; married William O. Bald-
win, of Mt. Vernon, New York, and they had —
William, Frederick. 7. Joseph, born at Lunenburg,
April 10, 1824, died March 16, 1825. 8. Francis
Adams, born at Lunenburg, September 2S, 1826,
died October 26, 1828. 9. Adelia Louisa, born at
Lunenburg, April 20, 1828, married George Howard,
of Ashby, and they have — Elizabeth Howard, Katie
Howard. 10. Francis Adams, born September 28,
1829, see forward.

(VII) Francis Adams Proctor, son of Edmund
Proctor (6), was born in Lunenburg, September 28,
1829. He received his early education in the com-
mon schools of that town and in the academy. While

riding to his studies he helped his father in the
1 of the farm, and when he came of age took
charge of it and conducted it for twenty-five years.
I i' m the death of his father, in 1882. the farm
came to him and he carried it on until 1896, when
he sold it to his son, Ernest K. Proctor. In 1894
Mr. Proctor built his present home opposite the
homestead, and since then he has not been engaged
in active business. In addition to his farming he
followed the common practice of the Massachusetts
farmers and had also a trade. He manufactured
shoes m the fifties for a firm in Reading, Massachu-
setts, receiving from them the stock cut ready for
use and returning the finished product. Sometimes
the farmer-manufacturer worked alone, sometimes
having hands working for him. Mr. Proctor is a
member of the Congregational Church at Lunenburg,
Massachusetts, and a member of the parish commit-
tee. In politics he is a Republican. He has been
road commissioner and for a number of years
served on the school committee. He was a charter
member of Lunenburg Grange, Patrons of Hus-
bandry, No. 169, and is also a member of the Farm-
ers' and Cattle Association.

He married Emeline Keyes, born in Westford,
Massachusetts, June 29, 1831, died at Lunenburg,
September 25, 1902, daughter of Imla and Hannah
(Fletcher) Keyes. Fler father was a farmer and a
soldier in the war of 1812. The children of Francis
Adams and Emeline Proctor were: I. Francis How-
ard, born at Lunenburg, October 20. 1859, died at
Lowell, November 3, 1800; married Mary Abbie
Barrel, November 25, j88i. 2. Arthur Monroe, born
at Lunenburg, December 9, 1861, married Florence
M. Young, of Whitinsville, and they have — Arthur
Ernest, born May 26, 1887; Francis Edward, born
January 28, 1892, died March 1901 ; Carl Herbert,
born March 14, 1896. 3. Emma Elizabeth, born Sep-
tember 23, 1863, married, December 23, 1886, George
Elijah Bemis, now dead. 4. Nellie Goodrich, born




jKQyf^u^



WORCESTER COUNTY



335



June 18, 1865. married, November 19, 1891, John
Wilbur Mossman, of Fitchburg, and they have —
Chester Wilbur, born February 5. 1893. 5. Ernest
Keyes, born April 8, 187.5, see forward.

(VIII) Ernest Keyes Proctor, son of Francis
Adams Proctor (7), was born in Lunenburg, Massa
chusetts, April 8, 1873. He attended the public and
high schools of his native town and took a year's
course at Mt. Hermon Academy, Northfield, Massa-
chusetts. For six years after his schooling he
worked at home for his lather. In 1896 he bought
the place and has conducted it since then very suc-
cessfully. He does an extensive produce business for
which the city of Fitchburg provides a good market.
He has a dairy with some twenty-four cows and
owns a milk route in the city of Fitchburg in con-
nection with his dairy. He is a member of the
Lunenburg Congregational Church and has been its
collector for two years. In politics he is a repub-
lican. He was formerly an officer of the Lunenburg
Grange, Patrons of Husbandry. He is at present
treasurer of the Milk Dealers' Association.

He married, September 2, 1896, Lizzie Kimball
Francis, daughter of Alpheus Kimball and Sarali
Rebecca (Stoughton) Francis. (See sketch of the
Francis family of Lunenburg and Fitchburg.) Al-
pheus K. Francis, her father, is a contractor and
builder of Lunenburg. The only child of Ernest
Keyes and Lizzie Kimball Proctor is : Edith
. born at Lunenburg, March 11, 1901.

LORENZO DEAN, one of the most progressive
of the younger generation of farmers in Boylston,
i- a si n of James Lorenzo Dean, of Shrewsbury,
and a grandson of James Dean, a native of Oak-
ham, this county. His grandfather, who was born
April. 10, 1808, was reared upon a farm in Oak-

1, but early in life turned his attention to the
produce trade and also to the fish business He
resided in Worcester for a time, but while still a
young man located in Shrewsbury, where he en-
gaged in manufacturing boots and shoes by hand.
He evinced considerable interest in politics, and
with the majority of the Whig element joined the
Republican party at its formation. October 21,
1832, he married Keziah Stearns Hyde, of West-
minster, Massachusetts, and was the father of seven
children, namely : James Lorenzo, Theodore Lyman,
Benjamin Angier, Henry Edson, Charles Augustus,
Ri setta Adelia. Jefferson Archibald. Theodore Ly-
man and Charles Augustus Dean served in the civil

James Lorenzo Dean was born in Worcester,
March 22, 1835. He was prepared for a collegiate
course in Shrewsbury and studied two years at
Amherst College, at the expiration of which time
he engaged in educational pursuits, teaching schools
in Boylston, Shrewsbury, and other towns. He
finally settled permanently in Shrewsbury and thence-
forward devoted his energies to tilling the soil.
He served with marked ability upon the school
committee and was also a member of the board
of assessors. In politics he acted with the Pro-
hibitionists and never neglected an opportunity to
emphasize his opposition to the liquor traffic. Keenly
alive to the great possibilities- open to the farmer,
and appreciating fully his usefulness and importance
to the prosperity of the state and Union, he availed
himself of every advantage within his reach for the
improvement of agricultural methods, and he found
in the Patrons of Husbandry, of which he was an
active member, an organization capable of advancing
as well as protecting the general interests of the
farming population. He attended the Congregational
Church. James Lorenzo Dean married, April 23,



1863, Francelia Walker, daughter of Lowell and
Harriet (Bartlett) Walker, of Milfonl, Massachu-
setts. The children of this union are: James Lowell,
Charles Everett, Harriet Eva and Lorenzo, the prin-
cipal subject of this sketch. James Lowell mar-
ried Charlotte Newtori, now deceased, who bore him
two children, both of whom died in infancy.
Charles Everett married Mary L. Harlow, and
son— Everett. Harriet Eva is the wife of Frederick
O. Newton.

Lorenzo Dean was born in Shrewsbury, July 5,
1876. He was educated in the public schools, and
al [he age of eighteen years engaged in the poultry
business, in which he acquired success. In 1899
he purchased his present farm in Boylston, which
occupies a sightly location in the southerly part of
the town, and he has ever since carried on gen-
eral farming with prosperous results. Politically
he acts with the Republican party. His religious
affiliations are with the Congregational Church.

He married, June 5, 1901, Edna Lydia Seaver,
daughter of Henry A. and Jennie (Eccles) Seaver.
She was born in Worcester, December 24, 1882, and
educated in Lynn, Massachusetts. Mr. and Mrs.
Dean have one son — James Flenry, born July 27,
1904.

. JAMES HILDRETH. Sergeant Richard Hil-
dreth ( t ), the immigrant ancestor of James Hildreth,
of Lunenburg, Massachusetts, was born in the north
of England in 1615. He died 10SS, aged seventy-
three years. He settled first in Cambridge and was
admitted a freeman May 10, 1643. He removed to
Woburn, Massachusetts. He was of the grantees
of the town of Chelmsford, Massachusetts, and by
1663 he had no less than eight grants of land from
the general court, amounting altogether to one hun-
1 and five acres. Ths history of Westford says:
"The Hildreth homestead was about midway be-
tween the centre and south villages of Chelmsford,
This family also spread into Westford. A tract of
land containing some five hundred acres on the
east side of the town came into their possession.
It is not easy to give the exact boundaries. It in-
cluded the houses with land attached of Augustus
Bunce, George Porter Wright, the Drew Brothers
(Thbmas and George), Isaac G. Minot and Julian
Hildreth. Providence Meadow was its northwest
limit and the house of Edward Symmes stands not
far from the east border. The Hildreths also took
up two or three farms south and east of Tadmuck
hill or that spur of it known ac. Prospect hill.
Four or five houses there were at one time known
as 'Hildreth Row.' Richard Plildreth had a special
grant of one hundred and fifty acres of land from
the general court in 1663 on account of having
lost the use of his right hand, presumably in the
service. He was accused in 1670 by Rev. John
Fiske, of Chelmsford, of having used 'reproachful
speech concerning the church,' and was disciplined
by the church. Previously he had been charged by
Deacon Esdras Reade in 1656 and 1661 with the use
of similar 'seditious language' and was ordered
In appear before the church authorities, but he re-
fused to obey the order. His will was dated February
9. 1686. and proved some time after his death in
1688. He left land at Chelmsford to his son
Ephraim, who was then living in Stow, including
the homestead there, seven acres north of the Great
pond, eighteen acres south and seventeen acres
east of it."

He married (first) Sarah — , who died 1644,

and he married (second) Elizabeth , who died

at Maiden, August 3, 1693, aged sixty-eight years.
Children of Richard and Sarah Hildreth were: Jo-



3&



WORCESTER COUNTY



seph, married Abigail Wilson, December 12, 1683 ;
James, born 1631, married, June 1, 1659, Margaret
Ward ; Ephraim, see forward. Children of Richard
and Elizabeth Hildreth were : Elizabeth, born Sep-
tember 21, 1646; Sarah, born August 8, 1648. The
preceding were born at Woburn where dates were
given, the following at Chelmsford: Joseph, born
April 16, 1658, married Abigail Wilson, December
12, 1683; Persis, born February 8, 1660; Thomas,
born February 1, 1662; Isaac, born July, 1663, re-
sided in Woburn ; Abigail, married Moses Parker.

(II) Ephraim Hildreth, son of Richard Hildreth
(1), was born in Cambridge or Woburn. He set-
tled in Stow, near Concord. He was there in 1695
when his nephew and namesake, Ephraim Hildreth,
son of his brother, James Hildreth, chose him as
guardian. He inherited the homestead at Chelms-
ford of his father in 1688, but seems to have re-
mained for some time if not all the remainder of his
life in Stow. He was a carpenter by trade. He
bought thirteen hundred acres of land in Dracut
next land of Jonathan Belcher on the Merrimac.
Judging from an agreement made October 4, 1680,
with John Hayward, of Boston, Ephraim Hildreth
moved from Concord to Stow about 1680 and con-
tracted to buy lot No. 5. Ephraim Hildreth was a
grantee of Concord, New Hampshire. He married
Anna Moore, of Lancaster, Massachusetts. Their
children were: Joseph, born 1688; Abigail. 1691 ;
James, 1692, died young; Ebenezer, 1696, settled in
Westford; James, 1698, see forward; Anna. 1703;
Thomas, 1707; Jacob, 1709; David, 171 1; Josiah.

(III) James Hildreth, son of Ephraim Hildreth
(2), was born in Stow, Massachusetts, 1698. He
settled in Westford on the place lately owned by
Boynton Reed. He was a farmer. He married
Dorothy and their children, all born at West-
ford, were : Rebecca, Zechariah, born 1728, see for-
ward ; Amos, 1730: Dorothy, about 1732; Dorothy,
1736, married Pelatiah Fletcher; Lucy, 1742; Samuel.
1744, died 1748.

(IV) Lieutenant Zechariah Hildreth. son of
James Hildreth (3), was born at Westford, Massa-
chusetts, 1728. He helped build the meeting house
in 1764. He was an officer in the revolution, second
lieutenant in Captain Zachariah Wright's eighth
company (second Westford), sixth Middlesex regi-
ment of Massachusetts militia, chosen in council
April 24, 1776, and reported commissioned the same
day. Lieutenant Hildreth married. 1753, Elizabeth
Prescott. daughter of Jonas and Elizabeth Prescott,
of a famous old Concord family. They settled at
Westford where their children were born, viz.:
Zechariah, horn 1754. was a corporal in Captain
Isaac Wood's company, Colonel Jonathan Reed's
regiment in 1778; Elizabeth, 1755; Hannah, 1758;
Timothy, 1760; James, 1762; Lucy, 1764: Jonas,
1766, see forward; Ruth, 1768; Edy, 1771 ; Jesse,
1773'; Hita, 1775.

(V) Jonas Hildreth, son of Zechariah Htldreth
(4), was born at Westford. Massachusetts, 1706,
died February. 1X08, being frozen to death. He
started in life as a farmer and owned a large farm,
but, owing to unfortunate circumstances in helping
others, he signed notes which finally deprived him
of his property. In 1800 he lived in Lunenburg,
where he owned a farm in the western part of the
town. He married. 1791, Deliverance Johnson, of
Westford. and their children were: Nancy, born
December 21, 1794; Betsey, February 28. 1796;
Samuel, March 1, 1707: Jonas Prescott, November
21, 1798; lames. January 8, 1800; Orin. December
21, 1802; George, September 24, 1S03; Susanna A.,
May -'2. 1805; Harriet, January 14, 1807; George,
September o. 1808.



(VI) George Hildreth, son of Jonas Hildreth
(5), was born at Westford, Massachusetts, Sep-
tember 9, 1808. He received his education in the
common schools of that town and one term at
Westford Academy. He went to Dorchester, at the
age of sixteen, to work in the bakeshop of his elder
brother, Samuel Hildreth. After a year there, he
went to work in the chandlery of one Pierce and
remained until he came of age, when he removed to
Quincy, Massachusetts, and set up in business as a
chandler, manufacturing soap and candles, then
both important articles of household use. About



Online LibraryEllery Bicknell CraneHistoric homes and institutions and genealogical and personal memoirs of Worcester county, Massachusetts, with a history of Worcester society of antiquity (Volume 2) → online text (page 98 of 133)