Major T. Fulton.
DKOMIN par. (31, 39) Coshma bar. S. Limerick,
2 m. SW. of Bruff-134, has remains of O'Hanlon's
castle at Meadstown. Acres 4096, good land ;
pop. 1375, decreasing. Living, a Rect. (Lk. A. A.)
with Athlacca, val. 5917. ; patr. E. Croker, Esq. ;
church, in ruins. giT DROMIX par. (17-8) Ardee
bar. S. Louth, 3 m. NW. of Dunleer-38. Acres
2042 ; pop. 863 + 1, of vil. 142. Living, a Rect.
with Collon ; church, in ruins, near an old fort.
Richardstown House, (gf Dromin (11) near
Listowel, N. Kerry, Raymond, Esq.
Drominagh ( ) near , S. Sucks, seat of Right
Hon. J. Sullivan of Ritchings.
DROMINEER par. (14, 20) Lower Onnond bar.
N. Tippery. 2 m. NW. of Nenagh-95, on Lough
Dorg. Acres 2426 ; pop. 756 +19. Living, a Rect.
with Ballinaclough. Annabeg, J. Minnitt, Esq.
Remains of a castle and danish rath are visible.
DROMISKIN par. (12, 15) Louth bar. Mid.
Louth, I m. N. of Castle- Bellingham-43, contains
Lurgan Green. Acres 5312, good ; pop. 2507, of
vil. 257, decreasing. Living, a licet. (Arm. C.)
val. 503/., pair. Archbp. ; church, near tlie remains
of a round tower. 1). House, T. Fortescue, Esq. ;
Mil town Grange, Mrs. Fortescue.
DKOMKKKN par. (15, 23-4) Clanwilliam bar.
2V. Limerick, 3 m. NW. of Pallas Grean-128.
Acres 8(iO, middling with limestone ; pop. 567 + 4.
Living, a Rect. (Ca.E.W.L.) val. 39/., patr. Arch-
deacon of Emly. D. House, Rev. M. Lloyd, for-
merly the Burghs'.
P* DBOMOD par. (80-1, etc.) Iveragh bar. SW.
Kerry, 6 m. SE. of Cahersiveen-220, on R. Inny,
by the sea near Lough Currane. Acres 50,702.
with mountain, bog, and lake; pop. 5247 + 64.
Living, a Rect. (Lk. A. A.) with Prior, val. 303/.,
patr. Crown ; church, in ruins. Waterville, J.
Butler, Esq. where fine salmon are caught. D.
Lodge, M. J. O'Connell, Esq.
Dromoland (42) near Newmarket on Fergus, S.
Clare, Sir L. O'Brien, Bt.
Dromond ( ) near New town Limavady, N.
Londondy. A. Sampson, Esq.
Dromore ( ) near Crusheen, N. Clare, Crowe,
Esq. gaT DROMORE vil. (17, 25) Inchiguin bar.
Mid. Clare, 5 m. NNW. of Ennis-138, near J).
Lough. D. House, T. Crowe, Esq. Fairs, 17 June,
26 Sept. igg" Dromore (33) near Mallow, N.
Cork, A. Newman, Esq.
P. M. * DROMORE par. (20-1, 27-8) Low.
Iveagh bar. W. Down, 19 m. NVV. of Downpatrick,
84 from Dublin, on R. Lagan, so called from
Druim mor, the ' great ridge,' a police and petty
sessions, and seat of a bishoprick found, upon
St. Colman's abbey (which became the cathedral),
was ravaged by the Danes in the 10th centurv,
and destroyed in the rebellion of 1641. Acres
20,488, middling; pop. 14.954 + 4, of town 2110
+ 17, in the linen manufact. ; houses 402, with 4
chapels, mkt. house, schools, clergy widows'
houses, dispensary, factories, 2 bridges, one having
a tablet to Bp. Percy, who laid out the grounds
at the palace. Living, a Rect. held by the trea-
surer of the chapter (Dn. C. D.) val. 835A, patr.
Bishop ; church or cathedral, b. by Bp. Jeremy
Taylor, on the site of the old one (burnt 1641)
and since restored, was the burial place of Taylor
and Percy. By the river is a danish fort ; and
among other remains an elk was found in the
bogs, which measured 10 ft. 3 in. between the
horns. Gill Hall Castle, Earl Clanwilliam; D.
House, J. H. Quinn, Esq. D. DIOCKSE, prov. of
Armagh, by the new arrangements is finally
unite. I to Down and Connor, with which it was
sometimes held in commendam ; is 35 m. bv 21, or
155,850 acres, mostly in Down, and partly" in Ar-
magh and Antrim (18,424 being bishop's lands);
comprising 27 benefices, in 7 rural deaneries, ex-
clusive of the exempt jurisdiction of Ncwry, of
which 21 are in patr. of bishop. Chapter consists
of dean, archdeacon, chancellor, precentor, trc.-i-
surer, 1 prebendary (I)romara), registrar. The
rom. cafh. diocese, includes 17 pars., the cathedral
being at Newry, the bishop's seat. Mkt. I>. Sat.
linen, etc. Fairs, 1st Sat. March, 12 May, 6 Aug.
10 Oct. 14 Dec.
Drmnore (92) near Kenmare, S. Kerry, Rev.
P. DKOMORE par. (49, 50, etc.) Omagh bar. W.
Tyrone, a police station, 6 m. SW. of Omagh-109.
Acres 25,492, with mountain and bog ; pop.
10,601 + 18, of vil. 551. Living, a Rect. (Arm.
C.) val. 90 II, patr. Bishop. Remains of old forts
exist. Fairy Hill, A. Sproule, Esq. Fairs, 1 Feb.
17 Mar. Eas'ter and Whit. Mond. 1 May, 24 June,
1 Aug. 29 Sept. 1 Nov. 26 Dec.
Dromore Lough (17) near Cootehill, NW.
Cavan, and D. House.
P. DROMORE, WEST, vil. (12) Tireragh bar.
NE. Sligo, 15 m. WSW. of Sligo, 145 from Dub-
lin, on L. Easkey, near the coast. D. House, J
Fenton, Esq. Dromore, West, P. L. Union, formed
in 1849, contains 17 elect, divs. in Sligo, with 17
guardians ; acres 96,935, pop. 29,760, prop, rated
35,1917. Fairs, 6 Apr. 6 June, 29 Dec.
DROMTARIFF par. (39, 40, etc.) Duhallow bar.
N. Cork, 4 m. SW. of Kanturk-158, on R. Black-
water, has remains of O'Keefe's castle, and an old
rath. Acres 15,224, middling, with mountain,
bog, limestone, and good coal at Dromagh, etc. ;
pop. 7271 + 135. Living, a Vic. (Lk. A. A.) with
2 others, val. 656/., patr. Bishop ; church, reb. on
site of one burnt by Ld. Broghill 1652, before
defeating Ld. Muskerry at Knockbrack. Fairs,
20 May, Aug. and Nov.
DRON par. SE. Perth. 4 m. S. of Perth-40,
along the Ochills in Strathearn. Size 4 m. by 3,
with some lime and stone and iron springs ; pop.
441 ; real prop. 4306/. ; for poor 150/. Living
(presb. Perth) val. 167/., patr. Crown. Near the
church is a rocking or logan stone 10 ft. by 7 ;
and there are remains of chapels.
Dron Hill, Longforgan par. E. Perth. 667 ft.
Dronach Lough, Methven par. 5. Perth, on R.
Almond, was the burial-place of Bessy Bell and
Mary Gray, who died in the plague of 1666.
P. DRO'NFIIXD par. (82) Scarsdale hund. N.
Derby. 5 m. NNW. of Chesterfield, 156 from
London, a healthy spot, near Midld. rail., con-
taining Dore and Holmesfield curs., Little Barlow,
Coal Aston, Totlcy, and Unstone, was Dranejield
of ' Domesdy.' and a mkt. town. Acres 15,580,
with coal, and a sulphur spring at Cowley ; pop.
4583 + 61, of town 1986, in the hardware manu-
fact. ; poor r. 424/. (Chesterf.U.) ; real prop. 6848/. ;
charities 357/., of which 208/. to Fanshawe's gram,
school. St. J. Baptist Vic. (Lich.) val. 224/.,
patr. Ld. Chancellor ; church, large, had a chantry,
and has brass of two priests (1399). Seat of S.
Cockayne ; Holmesfield, R. Pennistone, Esq.
DRONGAN viL Ochiltree par. Mid. Ayr. 7 m.
W. of Cummock-62.
Drongs liock, near Hillswick, Shetland Islds. in
St. Magnus bay.
DRONI.EY vil. Aughtcrhouse par. SW. Forfur.
5 m. NW. of Dundee-45. Pop. 103.
DHOPE vil. (3(5) St. George par. SE. Glamorgan.
4m. WSW. of Llandaft-162.
Dropmore House (7) 3 m. SSW. of Beacons-
field, S. Bucks, seat of Lady Grenville.
Dropping Well, opposite Knaresborough castle,
on R. Nidd, W.H. York, a semi-petrifying spring
which trickles over a limestone rock 30 ft. high
by 40 broad, covered with shrubs, and near which
Mother Shipton was born.
Drougldane Lough ( ) near Shircock, E.
Droughtcille, or Leltishrook (36) near Kinnetty,
iS. King's Co. 3. Drought, Esq.
Drnvers Hill (7) 3 m. SSW. of Chipping Barnet,
DROXFORD DIVISION (11) SE. Hants, contains
the bunds, of Bishops Waltham, Hambledon, and
Mconstoke ; acres 4 9,960, pop. 10,486, houses 2079.
P. DROXFORD par. (11) Upper Bishops Wal-
tham hund. as above. 3 m. ENE. of Bishops
Walthara-65, on a stream which runs S. to Tich-
field, contains D. STKEET tythg. (pop. 479), Shid-
field, and Swanmore cars., Hill and Steeple Court.
Acres 7380; pop. 1942 + 32; poor r. 82 17.; real
prop. 3119/. ; charities 87, All Saints Rect. (Win.)
val. 7997., patr. Bishop ; church, early norman.
Droxf. P. L. Union, contains the pars. etc. of
Bishop's Waltham, Corhampton, Droxford, Dur-
ley, Exton, Hambledon, Meonstoke, Soberton,
Upham, Warnford, Westmeon ; acres 48,0 11, pop.
10,282, cases relieved (yr. 1846-7) 1671 (out-door
1411), expend. 50657., prop, rated 43,9097. Sup.
Registry comprises the same, with St. Peter
Curdridge and Shidfield; pop. 10,281 + 74. It
belongs to Bps. Waltham New County Court.
DROYLSDEN tnshp. (88-9) Manchester par.
SE. Lancash. 2 m. W. of Ashton-under-Lyne
-186, on Rochdale canal, near the rail, contains
LITTLE D. hmlt., Fairfield and Clayton. Acres
1400; pop. 4933 + 194, in the cotton factories;
poor r. 3957. (Ashton TL); real prop. 14,0037.
Living, a Cur. (Manch.) vaL 130/., patr. Crown
DRUCE hmlt. (18) Piddletown par. Mid. Dorset.
5 m. NE. of Dorchester- 120.
a. Druid's Circle ( ) 2 m. ENE. of Keswick,
Mid. Cumbrld. in a lonely spot, commanding a
view of Skiddaw, etc. is 1 14 ft. diam. with 38
granite stones, and 10 others at the E. side, form-
ing three sides of a square. gsl" D. Cross ( )
on Moorduwock or Helton common, N. Westmrld.
a stone circle 10 yds. diam. ; near Ulleswater is
the Cockstone circle, 30 yds. diam. igf D.
Lodge (78) near Plas Newydd, SE. Anglesea,
W. Sanderson, Esq. iJaP D." Pulpit. See STAN-
TON, Derby. t^~ D. Temple (7) 1 m. SE. of
Henley, E. Berks, on the Thames. Igp D. Tem-
ple ( ) 4 m. SSW. of Wooler, N. Northmbrld.
DRUM par. (79, 90, 100) Carra bar. S. Mayo,
4m. SE. of Castlebar-159, on R. Miranda, Acres
7768, good, with bog and limestone ; pop. 4127
+ 63. Living, an appropriate Rect. to vicars
choral of Christ. Ch. Dublin. Ballinafad, M.
Blake, Esq. was occupied by the French 1798 ;
near it is Donomona, the old seat. ' Drum,' or
4 druim,' a ridge. |J3P DRUM par. (51-2, 54-5)
Athlone bar. S. Roscommon, 3 m. SW. of Athlone
-76, on R. Shannon, had an abbey founded by
St. Diradius. Acres 16,149, poor, with bog ; pop.
5048 + 9. Living, a Vic. with Moore. Thomas-
town, E. Naghten, Esq. ; Johnstown, J. Dillon,
P. M. DRUM vil. (22) Dartree bar. W. Mona-
ghan, a police station, 4 m. NW. of Cootehill-65.
Pop. 195 ; houses 37, with Currin and 2 other
chapels, dispensary, and school. Fairs, 1st Tuesd.
Drum Hills ( ) Decies without, and within,
Drum bars. S. Waterford, a range about 12 m.
long, rising from 709 to 995 ft. high. giT D.
House, near Drumoak, S. Aberdeen. A. F. Irvine,
Esq. close to D. Loch and R. Dee, has an old
tower with walls 12 ft. thick.
DRUMACHOSE par. (9, 10, etc.) Keenaught bar.
.ZV. Londandy. containing Newtown Limavady
-142, on R. Roe, near Lough Foyle, was given by
Jas. I. to the Haberdashers' comp. Acres 11,684,
well cultivated, with lime and building stone ;
pop. 5463 + 18, many weavers. Living, a Rect.
(Dy. R.) val. 4327., patr. Bishop. Roe Park, Sir
E. MacNaughton, Bt. ; Fruit Hill, M. M'Caus-
Drumaconnor ( ) near Monaghan, N. Mona-
yhan, J. Fawcett, Esq.
DKTJMACOO par. (103) Dunkellin bar. S. Gal-
way, 5 m. S. of Oranmore-127, by the sea. Acres
1931; pop. 1254 + 21. Living, "a Vic. with Kil-
colgan. Tyrone House, C. St. George, Esq.
DRUMADOON vil. ( ) Cary bar. A T . Antrim,
near Ballycastle. Fairs, 9 June, 28 Nov.
DRUMAHAIRE BAROXY (14-6, etc.) Mid. Lei-
trim, contains the pars. etc. of Cloonlogher,
Drumlease, Inishmagrath, Killanuummery, Kil-
larga, and parts of Cloonclare, and Drumreilly ;
acres 117,088, an. val. 30,1167., pop. 35,836, houses
P. M. DRUMAHAIRK vil. Drumlease par. in the
above bar. 8 m. SW. of Manor-Hamilton, 126 from
Dublin, a petty sessions and police station, on R.
Bonnet, near Lough Gilly, belongs to G. S. Fox,
Esq., and has remains of a monastery, found, by
the O'Rourkes, 1508, who had a castle here which
was granted to the Villierses. Pop. 348 + 1, some
potters ; houses 54, with mkt. house, dispensary,
ruins of par. church. Mkt. D. Mon. Fairs,
13th of every month.
Drumantine (40) 6m. N. of Newry, W. Down,
Drumard (35) near Drumod, S. Leitrim, Major
T. B. Jones, Esq.
DRUMATEMPI.E par. (2) Ballymoe bar. Ros-
comn. and N. Galway, 6 m. SE" of Castlereagh
-110, a petty sessions station, on R. Suck. Acres
6531, with bog; pop. 2878 + 49. Living, a Vic.
with Oran. Leabeg, H. Browne, Esq. Fair,
DRUMBALLYROXEYpar. (34-5, 41-2) Up. Iveagh
bar. W. Down, on R. Bann, contains Rathfryland
-72, and Seafin the old seat of the Magennises,
under Knock Iveagh, 785 ft. high. Acres 12,338,
good, with bog ; pop. 9138 + 59. Living, a Vic.
Drumbanagher (18, 22) 2 m. S. of Pointzpass,
E. Armagh, Col. Close, near Newry canal.
Driimbar ( ) near Cavan, Mid. Cavan, A.
Drumbarragh (16) near Kells, .2V. Meath,
Drumbaun (19) 4m. S. of Edgeworthstown,
DRUMBEG par. (64) Up. Belfast bar. S. An-
trim, and (9) Up. Castlereagh bar. N. Down, 1 m.
NE. of Lisburne-92, on R. Lagan. Acres 2704
(or by transfer from Drumbo 6868) good ; an. val.
33677. ; pop. 1699 + 7. Living, a Rect. (Dn. C. D.)
val. 3087., patr. Bishop. Lakefield, Mrs. Richard-
son ; Belvedere, A. Durham, Esq. ; and other seats.
DRUMBLADE par. Strathbogie dist. N. Aberdeen.
near Huntley-149, and R. Doveran. Size 6 m.
by 5, fertile, with stone, lime, granite, slate ; pop.
945 ; real prop. 56197. ; for poor 997. Living
(presb. Turruff) val. 1597., patr. Earl of Kintore.
Bruce encamped at Meet hill, when in search of
21. DRUMBO par. (9, 10, 14-5) Upper Castlereagh
bar. N. Down, 3 m. NE. of Lisburn-92, on R.
Lagan, near the above, and the Giant's Ring
cromlech. Acres 13,793 (or by transfer to Drum-
beg above, 9629), with bog; pop. 8271, many
weavers. Living, a Rect. (Dn. C. D.) val. 4687.,
patr. Bishop ; church, near the remains of a round
tower 35 ft. high, under which human bones, etc.
have been found. Purdysburn, R. Batt, Esq. ;
Edenderry, W. Russell, Esq. Several raths, and
other signs of a fortified place are visible.
DRUMBOE (78) near Ballybogev, Mid. Donegal,
Sir E. S. Hayes, Bt. M.P.
Drumbowie 6 m. NW. of New Galloway, Mid.
DRUMBURGH tnshp. ( ) Bowness par. NIV.
Cumbrld. 9m. WNVV. of Carlisle-301, on Ship
Canal, and Sol way Frith, belonged to the Dacres,
whose seat stands on, and was partly built of, the
roniuu Gabrosentum, the 17th or last station but
one on Severus's wall, which goes on JJoulness,
while Hadrian's ends a little to the E. of this.
Some altars and inscriptions here were brought
from another spot. Pop. 470 + 9 ; real prop. 21321.
Drumcairne ( ) near Stewartstown, E. Tyrone,
E. II. Caultield, Esq.
DKUMCANNON par. (7, 8, 20-7) Gualtiere bar.
E. H'uterford, 5 m. S. of Waterford-96, on Tra-
niore bay. Acres 7071, good; pop. 3457. Liv-
ing, a Vic. (Ca. E. W. L.) val. 408/., patr. Bishop.
DIUIMCAH par. (15, 18) Ardee bar. S. Louth,
2 m. N E. of Dunleer-38, a petty sessions station,
on R. Glyde. Acres 4041, good; pop. 1G24, de-
creasing. Living, a Vic. with Duuleer ; church,
in ruins. D. House, J. M'Clintock, Esq.
Drumcarbin (25) near Bellaunagh, SW. Ca-
van, Booth, Esq.
Drumcarra (82) 4 m. SW.of Macroom, W. Cork.
Drumcarroa Ruins ( ) near Macroom, W.
&. DHUMCLIFF par. (33, 41) Islands bar. S.Clare,
contains Ennis-138. Acres 9908; pop. 13,211 +82.
Living, a Beet. (K. K. C. K.) with 2 others, val.
288/., patr. Marquis of Thomond ; church, at En-
nis; near the old one are remains of a round
tower 50 ft. high. Stamerpark, M. Finucane, Esq.
&. DRUMCLJFF par. (4, 0, 7, 9, 14) Carbury bar.
N. Sligo, 3 m. NW. of Sligo-131, by the sea, had
remains of an abbey found. 590 by St. Columb,
which was made the head of a bishoprick, after-
wards united to Elphin. Acres 20,598, with lime-
stone and bog ; pop. 13,950, decreasing. Living,
a Vic. (K. E. A.) val. 385/., patr. Bishop. Ruins
are seen of a round tower (18ft. high), old forts,
stone crosses, a cromlech, and Gore Castle. Lis-
sadell, Sir R. G. Booth, Bt.
Drumclog, between Strathaven and London
hill, W. Lanark, a swamp where a party of 300
Covenanters under their minister Hamilton, de-
feated Claverhouse's cavalry 1679, as told in "Old
DKUMCLOGHRR vil. ( ) Glenquin bar. SW.
Limerick, near Abbeyfeale-137.
Drumcoltran Castle, 8 m. NE. of Cast. Douglas,
DRUMCOLUMB par. (20-7, 34, 40) Tirerill bar.
S. Sligo, 5m. S. of Ballymote-122. Acres 4528,
with bog ; pop. 1781 + 13. Living, a Vic. with
P. DRUMCONDRA par. (3, 6, 7, 12-3) Lower
Slanc bar. N. Meath, 4 m. NE. of Nobber-44, a
police station, where Ld. Dep. Grey 1539, defeated
O'Nial, near Lough Bellahoe. Acres 7925, with
lime and building stone; pop. 3013 + 7, of vil.
419. Living, a Rect. (Meath) val. 501/., patr.
Crown. Aclare, C. Singleton, Esq., near a danish
P. DRUMCONDRA vil. (18) Coolock bar. N.
liiililin, 1 in. N. of Dublin, on R. Tola, near Annes-
l<;y bridge, has Clonturk eh., a chapel, dispensary,
school, penitentiary, widows' retreat, and All-
hallows rom. cath. missionary college, for 80, on
a site of 24 acres, and under a president, vice-p.,
and 6 professors. Pop. 227, decreasing. 1). House,
Sir J. C. Coghill, Bt. ; Marino, Earl Charlemont.
Drumconora (25) 4m. N. of Knnis, Mid. Clare.
P. DRUMCUEE par. (5, 9, 13) VV. O'Neilland
bar. N. Armagh, contains Portadown-82, on R.
Bann. Acres 13,385, with bog; pop. 14,038+ 168,
many weavers. Living, a Reel. (Arm.) val. 898/.
P. DKCMCREE vil. (8) Delvin bar. E. Wcst-
meath, 4m. NW. of Castletown-Delvin-42. Pop.
153, decreasing ; houses 27, with Kilcumney
church and school, and a dispensary. D. House,
R. Smyth, Esq., who has the manor.
DRUMCREEHY par. (2, 3, 5) Burren bar. N,
Clare, 10 m. NW. of Corofin-139, by the sea.
Acres 6285, hilly ; pop. 2331 + 58. Living, a Rect.
with Rathbourney ; church, in ruins. Remains
of four castles are seen. Harbour Hill, G.
Drumcrieff, near Moffat, N. Dumfries, was the
seat of Dr. Currie, editor of Burns's works.
DRUMCRUIL vil. Durisdeer par. N. Dumfries.
4 m. N. of Penpoint-66.
DRUMCULLEN par. (30-1, 35-0) Eglish bar. Mid.
King's Co. 4 m. SW. of Frankford-71, had a small
abbey. Acres 13,907, with limestone, bog, and
lake ; pop. 3066, decreasing. Living, a Vic. with
Fircal. Droughtville, J. Drought, Esq. Remains
of several raths and castles are about.
DRUMDA vil. (3) Boyle bar. N. Roscomn. 4 m.
N. of Boyle-107.
Drumdaf (36) near Roscommon, Mid. Roscomn.
G. Digby, Esq.
Drumdarhin ( ) near Mohill, S. Leitrim, G.
B. West, Esq.
Drumdart ( ) near Mohill, S. Leitrim, W. H.
Drumderfil, Wester Kilmuir par. S. Ross, has
some cairns, where the Isles men were killed 1400.
Drumdoe (3) 4 m. N. of Boyle, N. Roscomn. J.
W. Flanagan, Esq., in Lough Arrow.
DRUMDOO hmlt. (32) Mohill bar. S. Leitrim,
DRUMELDRIE MUIR vil. Newburn par. $. Fife.
2 m. E. of Largo-27. Pop. 82.
DRUMELZIER, or DRUMELLYER, par. 8 m. SW.
of Peebles-22, S. Peebles, on R. Tweed, has re-
mains of the old castle of the Tweedies, and Hays.
Size 12 m. by 3, fertile, and well cultivated ; pop.
228 + 1, of vil. 63; real prop. 3008/. ; for poor
39/. Living (presb. Peebles) val. 192/., patr.
Trotter of Ballendean. Merlin's grave is placed
where R. Powsail joins the Tweed. D. House,
3. White, Esq.
DRUMFIN vil. Campbelltown par. & Argyll.
near Campbelltown-179. 183 Drumfin, in Mull
isld. N. Argyll, near the Sound, H. Maclean, Esq.,
of Coll, in a fine spot. i^ DRUMFIN hmlt. (34)
Corran bar. >S. Sliga,. 4 ni. SW. of Ballymote.
DRUMGATH par. (,41-2, 47) Up. Iveagh bar.
W. Down, 3 m. NW. of Hilltown-70, contains
part of Rathfriland. Acres 5330 ; pop. 4608 + 16.
Living, a Vic. (Dn. C. D.) val. 21 1/., patr. Bishop.
DRUMGLASS par. (46, 54) Dungannon par. 6'.
Tyrone, contains Dungannon-96, near the D.
Collieries. Acres 3503; pop. 6089 + 16, some in
the mines. Living, a Rect. (Arm. C.) val. 501/.,
patr. Archbp. Northland Park, Earl of Ranfur-
ley, who has the manor.
DRUMGKAY vil. Glammis or Kinnettles par.
S. Forfar. 2 m. W. of Forfar-58, on Scot. Midld.
rail. Pop. 66.
DRUMGOOLAND par. (35-6, 42-3) Up. Iveagh
bar. Mid. Down, 5 m. SE. of Rathfryland-72.
Acres 19,653, hilly, with bog; pop. 10~,507+28,
many weavers. Living, a Rect. (Dn. C. D.) with
Drumballyrony, val. 503Z., patr. Bishop. Druid
and danish remains, and fine stone cross, are seen.
Ballyward, F. C. Beers, Esq.
DRUMGOON par. (17-8, 22-3) Clonkee and Tully-
garvey bars. NE. Cavan, contains Cootehill-65.
Acres 15,494, with slate and lead; pop. 12,575
+ 54, some weavers. Living, a Rect. (K. E. A.)
val. 903/., patr. Rev. J. Hamilton. Danish ratha
are visible. Bcllamont, E. Coote, Esq.
y Q 4
DRUMGOWER vil. ( ) Clanmaurice bar. JV.
Kerry, near Ballyhaigue-185. Pop. 153.
Drumhattagh ( ) near Rathmelton, N. Donegal.
Drumheel (25) near Bellananagh, Mid. Cavan,
W. Smith, Esq.
Drumhierny Lodge (27) 4 m. N. of Carrick,
5 W. Leitrim, on R. Shannon, F. La Touche, Esq.
DRUMHOME par. (99-104) Tirhugh bar. S. Do-
negal, 4 m. N. of Ballyshannon-129, on Donegal
bay, had an abbey, Avhere O'Maldory, king of
Tyrconnell, was buried 1197. Acres 35,433 ; pop.
9993 + 149. Living, a Vic. and prebend. (Dy.
R.) val. 6931., pair. Bishop.
Drumidoon, or Drimadoon, Day, Arran Isld.
S. Bute, near D. Point and Brace's cave.
Drumilly (8) near Loughall, N.Armagh, Cope,
Druminargal (18) near Acton, E. Armagh,
DRUSIKAY par. (25, 31) Arklow bar. E. Wick-
low, 1 m. X W. of Wicklow-31, by the sea. Acres
1662; pop. 399 + 15. Living, a Rect. withWicklow.
Drumkeen House (20) near Cavan, N. Cavan,
H. T. Kilbee, Esq. ^ DRUMKEEN vil. (15)
Clanmaurice bar. JV". Kerry, near Causeway.
DRUMKEERAU par. (1, 2, 4-6) Lurg bar. N.
Fermanagh, 1 m. N. of Kesh-118, on R. Ederney
and Lough Erne. Acres 23,661, with lime and
building-stone, bog and lake; pop. 8751 + 23;
charities, Vaughan's school (1000/.). Living, a
Jtect. (Arm. C.) val. 595/., patr. Bishop. Clonelly,
P. Barton, Esq. Some raths exist.
P. DRUMKEERAX vil. (18) Dromahaire bar.
Mid. Leitrim, 8 m. SE. of Dromahaire, 118 from
Dublin, a petty sessions station, and proposed
head of a poor 1. union. Pop. 409 + 12. Mkt.
D. Wed. Fairs, 27 June, 2nd Wed. Feb. 8 Mar.
4 Apr. 27 May, 24 June, 18 July and Aug.
16 Sept. 19 Oct. 11 Nov. 9 Dec.
Drumkilbo House, near Meigle, E. Perth. D.
DRUMKRIN, ST. MARY'S, par. joined to CURRIN,
DRUMLAXE par. (14-5, etc.) Lower Loughtee
bar. N. Cavan, 1 m. SW. of Belturbet-79, had a
monastery found. 6th cent, by St. Edan, and has
part of a round tower. Acres 20,066 ; pop. 9448
+ 78. Living, a Sect. (K. E. A.) val. 399/., patr.
Drumlanrig Castle, 3 m. N. of Penpont, N.
Dumfries, on R. Xith, seat of the Duke of Buc-
cleugh, b. 1678-88 by the 1st duke of Queensberry,
and lately restored, had in Pennant's time some
of the native wild cattle, white, with fiery eyes,
which are still found at Chillingham Pk.
DRUMLARGAN par. (43-4) Up. Deece bar. S.
Meath, 4 m. SE. of Summerhill-23. Acres 1276 ;
pop. 102, decreasing. Living, a Rect. with Bad-
Drumlaw Sand, off Monyfieth, S. Fife. X. side
of R. Tay.
DKUML.EASE par. (10- 1, etc.) Dromahaire bar.
Mid. Leitrim, contains Dromahaire- 126. Acres
15,271, with limestone and bog; pop. 4182+28.
Living, a Rect. (K. E. A.) val. 587/., patr. Bishop ;
church, on site of an abbey. Shriff, H. Palmer,
Esq. There are ruins of a castle, etc.
DRUMLEMBLE vil. Campbelltown, S. Argyll
near Campbelltown-179. Pop. 462.
DRUMLINE par. (51, 61) Lower Bunratty bar.
S. Clare, 4 m. SW. of Sixmilebridge-128, on the
Shannon. Acres 2955 ; pop. 1327 + 14. Living, a
sinecure Rect. with Kilnascoolagh. D. House, .
P. DRUMUSH vil. (5) Longford bar. N. Long-
ford, a police station 5 m. XE. of Xewtown
I'orbcs, 76 from Dublin. Pop. 533, decreasing;
houses 98, with Killoe church, and a chapel.
Fairs, 6 Jan. 17 Mar. 14 May, 24 June, 6 Aug.
19 Sept. 1 Nov. 2 Dec.
P. DKUMI.ITHIE vil. Glenbervie par. Mid. Kin-
cardine. 4 m. XE. of Fordoun-83. Pop. 397.
DRUMLUMMAX par. (36-7, etc.) Clonmahon
bar. .S. Cavan, 3 m. E. of Granard-75, had an
hospital given by Jas. I. to the Moores. Acres
17,148, with 3 small lakes; pop. 8807 + 80.
Living, a Vic. with Granard.
DRUMMARTIX vil. (9) Clanmaurice bar. N.
Kerry, 8 m. W. of Listowel-171. Pop. 177.
DRUMMAUL par. (43, etc.) Up. Toome bar.
W. Antrim, contains Randalstown-lll, on R.
Maine and Lough Xeagh. Acres 32,394, with
basalt, bog, etc. ; pop. 9818 + 7. Living, a Vic.
(Dn. C. D.) val. 41 U., patr. Marquis of Donegal.
Shane's castle, seat of Earl O'Xeill, in ruins.
Drummellie Loch, at Kinloch, NE. Perth, has
Drummer's Dale (90) 3 m. X. of Ormskirk-219,
SW. Lancashire. gS D. Stile ( ) 4 m. SSE.
of Ambleside. Mid. Westmrld. on Windermere,
DKUMMETERMONT vil. Dunnichen par. S. Far-