Living, a Rect. (Os. F. L.) val.497/., patr. Bishop.
Woodfield, Ld. Farnham.
Kilry, near , Forfar. Col. T. Kinloch.
Kilsall ( ) near Shifnall, E. Salop, T. Bish-
P. KILSALLAGHAN par. (11) Ncthercross bar.
NW. Dublin, 7 m. NNW. of Dublin, hasremainsof
a castle. Acres 2731, good, with stone ; pop. 548
+ 47. Living, a Vic. (Du. G. K.) val. 209/., patr.
KILSARAN par. (15, 18) Ardee bar. Mid. Loutli,
1m. S. of Castle-Bellingham-43, containing Green-
mount, had a K. Templars' preceptorv found, bv
the De Lacys. Acres 3393 ; an. val. 3*732/. ; pop.
2098. Living, a Rect. (Arm. C.) with Gernons-
town, val. 4o9/., patr. 3. MacClintoch, Esq., of
Drumcar. K. House, M. Chester, Esq.
P. KILSBY par. (53) Fawsley bund. W. North -
mptn. 5 m. N. of Daventry-72, on Oxford canal,
Watling St., and N. West, rail., near the tunnel,
which is 1 m. 640 yds. long. Acres 3200 ; po;>.
655 ; poor r. 334/. (Rugby U.) ; real prop. 5113/. ;
charities 10/., of which 5/. to Cowley's sch. St.
Faith Vic. (Pet.) val. 160/., patr. Precentor,
KILSOAULAN par. (35) Bantry bar. W. Wex-
ford, 6 m. SE. of New Ross- 90. Acres 1154;
pop. 404 + 7. Living, a Cur. with St. Mary, Xew
KILSOOXXELT, par. ( 28) Lower Connello bar.
W. Limerick, 2 m. WSW. of Rathkeale, near R.
Deel. Acres 3203, with limestone and meadow ;
pop. 1049 + 1. Living, a Rect. (Lk. A. A.) held
by the Chancellor of Limerick. K. House, R.
KILSCOKAN par. (48) Forth bar. SE. Wexford,
3 m. ESE. of Killinick-100, near Greenore point.
Acres 2152, with stone; pop. 666. Living, a
Rect. with Tacumshane. Hill Cast., G. Dance, Esq.
KILSEILY par. (43-4, 53) Low. Tulla bar. E.
Clare, contains Broadford-119, near L. Doon.
Acres 11,102, with mountain, bog, slate, stone;
pop. 44G9 + 22. Living, a Vic. (K. K. C. K.)
with Killurane and Kilnoe, val. 261/., patr.
Bishop. Hurdlestown, W. Bentlev, Esq. ; Violet
Hill, W. Goring, Esq.
KILSHALVY par. (39, 44) Corran bar. S. Sligo,
5 m. S. of Ballymote-122. Acres 5505, with
limestone; pop. 2411+38. Living, a Vic. with
KlLSHANAHAN, or BALLINAULTIG, par. (44,
53) Barrvmore bar. E. Cork, near Watergrassm ill
-148. Acres 4842; pop. 1404+13. Living, a
Rect. with Killaspugmullane.
KILSHANE par. (67) Clanwilliam bar. S. Tippe-
rary, 3 ra. ESE. of Tipperary-112. Acres 1424,
with lime, stone, mineral springs ; pop. 615.
Living, an impropriate Rect. (Ca. E. W. L.).
K. House, Capt. Blackmore ; Spring Ho., S.
Kilshanie (44) near Rathcormick, E. Cork,
E. B. Roche, Esq., M. P.
KILSHANMG par. (40-2, etc.) Duhallow bar.
N. Cork, 3 m. SW. of Mallow-147, on R. Black-
water, contains Glantane, and has remains of
O'Callaghan's castle of Dromineen. Acres 27,595,
part moorland, with bog; an. val. 10,762/. ; pop.
9338 + 128. Living, a Rect. (Ck. R. C.) val. C47/.,
patr. Bishop. Dromore Ho., A. Newman, Esq.
KH.SHANNY par. (8, 15) Corcomroe bar. N.
Clare, 3 m. N. of Ennistymon-154, has a cell to
Corcomroe abbey. Acres 5805, with bog ; pop.
2114+10. Living, an impropriate Rect. (K. K.
C. K.). The old church, a castle, and 2 forts
remain. Streamlet Lodge, .
KILSHARVAX par. (20, 27) Low. and Up. Du-
leck bars. NE. Meuth, 3 m. SE. of Drogheda-28,
near Nanny-water. Acres 2097, with limestone ;
pop. 440, decreasing. Living, a Vic. with Calpe ;
church, a ruin, and very old. K. House, J.
KII.SIIEKLAN par. (77-8, 84) E. Iffa and Offa
bar. S. Tippery. and (2) Upper Third bar. N.
Waterfd. a poHce station, 5 ra. NW. of Carrick-
on-Suir-113. Acres 8398, with sandstone; pop.
1 936 + 40, of vil. 435 + 14 Living, a Vic. (Ca.
E. W. L.) with 2 others, val. 707/., pati. Mapquis
of Ormonde. Gurteen, J. Power, Esq.
KII^SHENANE par. (16, etc.) Clanmaurice bar.
N. Kerry, 2 m. SE. of Listowel-191, near R.
Feale, under Knockandirit. Acres 13,478, hilly,
with bog, coal ; pop. 2271 + Cl. Living, a Vic.
KILSHLNE par. (11-2, 18) Morgallion bar. N.
Meath, 5 m. S. of Nobber-44. Acres 1544 ; pop.
609, decreasing. Living, a Rect. with Clongill.
K. House, ; Moantainstown, J. Pollock, Esq.
Kilshruky (10) near Ballinalee, Mid. Longford,
on R. Camlin, Major T. Edgeworth.
KILSILLAGH par. (136) Ibane bar. S. Cork, 7 m.
ESE. of Clonakilty-188, near the coast. Acres
245, good; pop. 188 + 2. Living, a Rent, with
KILSKEER par. (15, etc.) Upper Kells bar. W.
Meath, containing Crossakeel-45, has traces of
an abbey destroyed by the Danes. Acres 11,724,
with limestone; pop. 5014+48. Living, a Rect.
(Meath) vaL 397/., patr. Crown. Newgrove,
II. O'Reilly, Esq.
KiutKKERY par. (49, 50, 56-7) Omagh bar.
5 W. Tyrone, 1 m. SW. of Fintona-107, contains
Trillick. Acres 20,439, hilly, but good; pop.
9351 + 56. Living, a Rect. (Arm. C.) val. 896/.,
patr. Bishop. K. Houxe t Rev. J. Porter. Derry-
allen House, J. Storey, Esq. ; Corkhill Lodge,
J. Lendrum, Esq.
KILSPINDIE par. under Sidlaw Hills, SE.
Perth. 5 in. NE. of Perth-40, in Carse of Gowrie,
includes Pitrodie and Kait, with a camp. Size
3J m. square, chiefly pasture; pop. 709, decreas-
ing, of vil. 56, some weavers ; real prop. 5927/. ;
for poor 531. Living (presb. Perth) val. 225/.,
patr. Robertson of Tullibelton. Fingask, Sir P.
KILSUB. See BAWNBOY, Cavan.
P. KII.SYTH par. 10 m. SSW. of Stirling,
S. Strlg. 36 from Edinbro', a burgh of barony
to the Edmonstones of Duntreath (including Ban-
ton q. *.), Auchinmully, and Monajburgh under
Campsie Fells, between Rs. Kelvin and Carron,
near Antonine Wall and Ed. and Glas. rail., is
the spot where Montrose defeated Baillie 1745.
Size 7 m. by 3^, or 18,500 acres, hilly (rising
1368 at K. Hills, with a noble view over 16 coun-
ties, from sea to sea), with coal, iron, copper, lime,
beds of shell, basalt, jasper, agate, good stone, 5 or
6 trout burns ; pop. 5613 + 132, of town 4108
+ 100, weavers and tambourers ; houses 741, with
2 churches, chapels, bank, schools ; real prop.
9288/. ; for poor 877J. Living (presb. Glasg.)
val. 271/., patr. Crown ; church, has tombs of the
Livingstones, who forfeited the title of visct K.
in 1715. Roman remains have been found ; and
cairns, tumuli, three round chesters or hill forts,
and Cunny and Balcastle pictish camps, are seen.
KILTALE par. (37) Low. Deece bar. S. Meath,
5 m. WNW. of Dunshaughlin-17. Acres 1018;
pop. 419 + 1. Living, a Cur., with Knockmark.
KILTALLAGH par. (38, 47) Trughanacmy bar.
Mid. Kerry, contains Castlemaiae, 2 m. N. of
Miltown-197, on R. Maine, under Slieve Nish.
Acres 4757, with stone, lime, bog ; an. val. 2880/. ;
pop. 1303, decreasing. Living, a Rect. (Lk.A.A.)
with 3 others, val. 489/., patr. Crown. Laharun,
F. Walker, Esq.
Kiltatoion (21) 2 m. SW. of Tallaght, S. Dublin,
J. Robinson, Esq.
P. KILTAMAGH vil. (80) Gallen bar. Mid.
Mayo, 7 m. SSW. of Swineford-142. Pep. 650.
Kiltannan (27) 2 m. NW. of Tulla, E. Clare,
J-. Moloney, Esq.
P. Kn/rARLiTY par. 3 m. SW. of Beauly
-174-, N. Inverness, on R. Beauly, includes Con-?
vetli (in a glen, where was a cell to Beauly
priory), Caplach, Mayne, etc. Size 40 m. by 8,
or 111,720 acres, hilly pasture, with wood, game,
salmon ; pop. 2869 + 15, some in the wood mills
at Eilan Agaish (a fine spot) ; real prop. 6237/. ;
for poor 4211. Living (presb. Invern.) val. 239/.,
patr. Frazer of Lovat ; church, has within a mile
of it, 6 druid circles (of two rows, 210 ft. round,
and 9 stones in outer row), Dun Fionn, or Fin-?
gal's vitrified fort, 180ft. round, and a kistvaenor
stone coffin. Cast. Spynnie, 162 ft. round, is on a
hill 800 ft. high. Beaufort, Lord Levat ; Erchless,
The Chisholm ; Belladrum, Fraser, Esq.
KILTARTAN BARONY (121-4, etc.) /S. Galway,
the old Aidhne, contains Gort, the pars, of Beagh,
Kilbeacanty, Killinny, Kilmacduagh, Killartan,
Kinvarradoorus, and parts of Ardrahan and Kil-
thomas ; acres 66,655, pop. 27,565, houses 4778.
fiiP KILTARTAN par. (114,122-3) in the above
bar., containing part of Gort-124, has an old
castle. Acres 5725, hilly, with marble, lime"
stene ; pop. 2962 + 3. Living, a Rect. with Kil-
macduagh. Coole Pk,, R. Gregory, Esq. Gives
title of baron to Visct Gort, of Loughcooter.
KILTEALE par. (13-4) E. Maryborough and
Stradbally bars. NE. Queen's Co. 3m. NW. of
Stradbally-50, near Dunamase castle. Acres 3554 ;
pop. 1067, decreasing. Living, a Vic. with Te-
Kiltean ( ) near Newport, W. Limerick.
KILTEARN par. 6 m. NE. of Dingwall-182,
E. Ross, on Cromarty Frith, in Ferindonald, in-
cludes Drumraond and Evanton, on Rs. Skiack
and Ault Grande (which has Craig Grande, i. e.
" ugly rock," chasm). Size 20 m. by 6, culti-
vated near the coast, with hilly grazing (3720 ft.
at Ben Uaish, or Wyvis), shell marl, peat, wood,
mineral springs, trout, salmon, and traces of coal ;
pop. 1436, decreasing ; real prop. 5146/. ; for poor
401A Living (presb. Dingw.) val. 249/., patr.
Crown; church, has tombs of the Munros of
Fowlis, Sir H. Munro, Bt. Balcony, was the Mac-
donalds'. A cairn, barrows, 2 large druid circle!,
and 5 old chapels remain.
KILTEEL par. (15, 20) S. Salt bar. E. Kildare,
a police station, 5 m. NE. of Naas-20, has a ruined
castle. Acres 3435; pop. 797+4, of vil. 168,
decreasing. Living, a Vic. with Rathmore. Fairs,
I May, 24 June, 29 Sept. 2 Nov.
KILTEELY par. (23-4, 32-3) Coonagh and
Smallcounty bars. E. Limerick, 2 m. SSW. of
Ballasgrean-128, a police station, with remains of
Kildromin church, b. by the Templars 1291.
Acres 3184, with basalt," limestone ; pop 2049,
decreasing, of vil. 143. Living, a Rect. with
Ballybrood. Fairs, 1 Feb. 1 June, 25 Oct. g
KILTEELT viL (13) Scarewalsh bar. NW. Wex-
ford, 7 m. SSW. of Newtownbarry-61.
Kilteery Harbour ( ) Shanid bar. N. Limerick,
in the Shannon.
KILTEEVAN par. (40-2) S. Ballintober bar.
5. Roscomn. 3 m. E. of Roscommon-93, on L.
Ree in the Shannon. Acres 8411, much bog;
pop. 2818 + 25. Living, a Vic. with Roscommon.
K. House, J. Mapother, Esq.
KiLTEEVGCE par. (67, etc.) Raphoe bar. Mid.
Donegal, 6 m. NW. of Stranorlar-143, on R. Finn.
Acres 41,132, hilly; pop. 4864 + 50. Living, a
Cur. (Dy. R.) val. 87/., patr. Incumbent of Stra-
norlar. Cloghan Lodge, Sir T. Style, Bt.
P. KILTEGAN par. (4) Rathvilly bar. N. Car-
low, and (27-8, 32-3) S. Ballinacor and Up. Tal-
botstown bars. W. Wicklow, 2 m. NW. of Hackets-
town-46, a police station, with some raths. Acres
15,951, hilly, with limestone, bog ; pop. 3969 + 16.
Living, a Vic. with Kilranelagh. Humewood,
W. Hume, Esq. ; High Park, W. Westby, Esq.
KILTKGAN par. (77, 83) E. Iffa and Ofia bar.
S. Tipperary, 2 m. NW. of Clonmel-104. Acres
1069, good, with limestone, coal; pop. 283 + 9.
Living, a Rect. with Donaghmore. Summerville,
W. Bradshaw, Esq.
KILTENANLEA par. (53-4, 63) Low. Tulla bar.
SE. Clare, 2 m. SW. of O'Briensbridge-1 15, on
R. Shannon, contains Cloonlara, Acres 7627,
with limestone; pop. 4016, decreasing. Living,
a Rect. (K.K.C.K.) with Killokennedy.val. 409/.,
patr. Bishop. Lucyfield, ; Donass, J. Bindon,
KILTENNELL par. (19, 20, 22-3) E. Idrone bar,
S. Carlow, 3 m. ENE. of Borris-67, on R. Moun-
tain, near Mount Leinster and Knockroe, con-
tains Kiledmund. Acres 11,170, with mountain
waste ; pop. 3544 + 34. Living, a Fie. (Os. F. L.)
val. lid/., patr. Bishop. Brooklodge, .
KILTESNELL par. (7, 12) Ballaghkeen bar.
NE. Wexford, a police and fishing station, 3 m.
E. of Gorey-61, near R. Owenawnagh, under
Tara hill by the sea. Acres 4126, with stone;
pop. 1276, decreasing. Living, a Rect. (Os. F. L.)
val. 130/., patr. Earl of Courtown of Courtown.
Kilternan. See Kiltiernan, Dublin.
KILTESKILL, par. (105-6, 115-6) Leitrim and
Loughrea bars. S. Galway, 4 m. SE. of Loughrea
-109, under Slieve Baughty mountains. Acres
4696 ; pop. 802, decreasing. Living, a Vic. with
KILTESKIN. See TITESKIK, Cork.
Kilteven (40) near Roscoimnon, jtfitf. Roscomn.,
KILTHOMAS par. (114-5, 123-4) Kiltartan and
Loughrea bars. S. Galway, 4 m. NE. of Gort-124.
Acres 11,710 ; pop. 3278 + 21. Living, a Vic. with
Killinane. Lime Park, W. Wallace, Esq.
KILTHRIEW tnshp. (60) Kerry par. SE. Mont-
gomery. 2 m. E. of Newtoun-175. Pop. 123.
P. KILTIERNAX par. (25-6) Rathdown bar. S.
Dublin, 7 m. SSE. of Dublin, near Scalp pass,
under Three Rocks mountains. Acres 3166, with
granite, bog; pop. 1019 + 10. Living, a Vic,
(Du. G. K.) with Kith Kilgobbin, val. 206/.,
patr. Archbp. and Archdn. K. House, R. Ander-
son, Esq. ; Glencnllen, C. Fitzsimon, M. P.
KILTINAN par. (70-1, 77-8) Middlethird bar.
-S. Tipperary, 3 m. SE. of Fethard-103, on R.
Anner. Acres 5102, with limestone; pop. 1296
+ 8. Living, a Rect. (Ca. E. W. L.) val. 289Z.,
patr. Bishop. K. House, R. Cooke, Esq., was part
of the old castle.
K ILTOGHERT par. (23-4, etc.) Leitrim bar. S.
Leitrim, contains Jamestown (seat of J. O'Bcirne,
Esq.), Leitrim, Drumshanbo'-106, and part of
Carrick on Shannon. Acres 30,496, hilly, with
stone, lime, bog; an. val. 11,942/. ; pop." 17,581
+ 115, of vil. 484. Living, a Rect. (K. E. A.)
vaL (J49/., patr. Bishop. Castlecarrow, W. Pcy tou,
KILTOMY par. v !5-6, 21-2) Clanmaurice bar.
N. Kerry, 8 m. SW. of Listowel-171, on R. Orick,
contains part of Lixnaw. Acres 5866, with bog,
limestone; pop. 2043 + 32. Living, a Fie. with
Kilflyn. The old church was the burial-place of
KILTON limit. (82) Worksop par. NW. Notts.
1 m, NE. of Worksop-146, on Chesterfield canal.
^ KILTON par. (20) Williton hund. NW. So-
merset, 6 m. ENE. of Watchet-156, on the eoast.
Acres 1560; pop. 161 + 2; poor r. 100Z. (Willit.
U.); real prop. 1678/. St. Nicholas Vie. (Ba.
andW.) val. 189/_ patr. Ld. Chancellor. g
KILTON tnshp. ( ) Brotton par. N. R. York.
6 m. ENE. of Guisboro'-245, had a castle of the
Thwengs. Acres 1510 ; pop. 86 ; poor r. 34/.
(Guisb. U.) ; real prop. 1754/.
KILTOOM par. (45-6, 48-9) Athlone bar. 5.
Roscommon, 3 m. NNW. of Athlone-76, on L. I?ee
and R. Shannon, Acres 13,24(5, good; pop.
4150, decreasing. Living, a Fie. (K. E. A.) with
Camtna, val. 197/_, patr. Bishop. Newpark, H.
Smythe, Esq. g3T KILTOOM hrnlt. (7) Fore bar.
N. Westmeath, near CastlepolIard-52.
KILTORAGHT par. (16) Corcomroe bar. N.
Clare, 2 m. SE. of KiJfinora-147. Acres 3092,
with mountain, bog; pop. 1074, decreasing. Liv-
ing, a Vic. (K. K.C. K.) with Clonney, val. 152/.,
KILTORKIX par. is part of Knocktopher, Kil-
P. KILTORMER par. (100, etc.) Longford bar.
E. Galway, a police station 4 m. WNW. of Eyre-
court-101. Acres 6898, with bog; pop. 2089,' de-
creasing, of vil. 245. Living, a Rect. (K. K.
C. K.) with 2 others, val. 175/., patr. Bishop.
Eyreville, T. Eyre, Esq. $3 K.-KKLLY ( ) in
the above par. belongs to the Kelly s. Fairs, 17
Feb. May, Aug. Nov.
Kiltoy (53) near Letterkenny, Mid. Donegal.
KILTRELLIG vil. (71) Moyarta bar. S W. Clare,
6 m. WSW. of Carrigiholt-208, on Kilbaba bay.
Pop. 304. K. Lodge, .
KILTRISK par. (17, 21-2) Ballaghkeen and
Gorey bars. E. Wexford, 6 m. NE. of Oulart-75,
on R. Owenwarogh. Acres 3285 ; pop. 757 + 7.
Living, a Rect. with Leskinfere. Edendale, .
KII.TRUSTAN par. (17, 23) Roscommon bar.
Mid. Roscomn. containing part of Strokestown
-94, has ruins of O'Connor Roe's castle and abbey.
Acres 6339, with limestone, bog, lead, potter's
clay ; pop. 3938 + 39. Living, a Fie. with Bum-
lin. Creta, T. Dillon, Esq.
KILTUBBKID par. (23-4, etc.) Leitrim bar. S.
Leitrim, 2 m. ESE. of Drumshambo-106, under
Slieveanierin, contains Keshcarrigan, and has on
L. Scur two cast, of the Reynolds', also a greian
stone or sun altar. Acres 15,608, mountainous,
with stone, iron, coal, lime, potter's clay; pop.
7228 + 72. Living, a Rect. (K. E. A.) val. 440/.,
patr. Bishop. Letterfine, R. Macnamara, Esq.;
Driney Ho., G. Peyton, Esq.
KILTULLAGH, par. (84-5, 96-7) Athenry and
Kilconnell bars. Mid. Galway, 4 m. ESE. of
Athenry-120, had a franciscan cell before 1441.
Acres 8948 ; pop. 3244 + 22. Living, a Rect. with
Kilconickny. K. House, 3. D'Arcy, Esq. |Jip~
KILTULLAGH par. (25-6, 31-3) Castlereagh bar.
W. Roscommon, 5 m. WSW. of Castlereagh -110,
contains Ballinlough. Acres 21,714, with sand-
stone, lime, iron ; pop 7664 + 56. Living, a Rect.
(Tu. K. A.) with 5 others, val. 677/., patr. Bishop.
Willsborough, W. Wills, Esq.
KII.TURK par. (47,52) Bargy bar. S. Wexford,
3 m. SSE. of Bridgetown 104, on L. Tacumshane,
by the sea, has an old castle. Acres 2207 ; pop.
91 2 + 10. Living, a Vic. with Tomhaggard.
Woodville, Rev. R. King.
KILTURRA par. (51-2)Costello bar. NE. Mayo,
and (38-9) Corran bar. -S. Sligo, 5 m. ESE. of
Tobercurry-132, has some old raths. Acres 6883,
good, with bog, etc. ; pop. 2613 + 13. Living,
a Vic. with Emlyfadd. Doo Cast., J. M'Donnell,
P. KILTYCLOGHER vil. (8) Rosclogher bar.
N. Leitrim, 6 m. NE. of Manor Hamilton-129, a
police station, under the Glenfarne hills. Pop.
244, Mkt. D. Frid. Fairs, 14th each month.
Kiltymon (19) 2 m. S. of Newtown Mount
Kennedy, E. Wicklow, W. Eccles, Esq., near A'.
Kilulta, of the Irish, was part of Claneboy, in
Antrim and Down.
KILVARNET par. (25-6, 32-3) Leyny bar. Mid.
Sligo, 4 m. NW. of Ballymote-122," on R. Owen-
more, has remains of Drumabradh, a preceptory
of the K. Templars. Acres 6697, hilly, with lime-
stone ; pop. 2352, some weavers. Living, a Vic.
with Killoran. Annaghmore, C. O'Hara, Esq. ;
Temple Ho., Col. Perceval.
KILVE par. (20) Williton hund. NW. Somerset.
4 m. E. of Watchet-156, on the coast, where the
W. Somerset, hounds are kennelled, has at a farm,
the walls of a priory or chantry found, by Simon
de Fourneaux, and burnt 1848. Acres 1680 ; pop.
240 + 1 ; poor r. 1301. (Willit.U.) ; real prop. 855/. ;
charities 21. Living, a Rect. (Ba. and W.) val.
with Stringston, 642/., patr. Balliol Coll. Oxon.
KILVELLANE par. (31, 37-8) Owney and Arra
bar. W. Tipperary, contains Newport fip-109, on
R. Clare. Acres 8679, with lime, bog, stone,
copper; pop. 4254 + 60. Living, a Rect. with
Newport. Barnee, H. Lee, Esq.
KILVEMNON par. (63-4, 71-2) Slievardagh bar.
SE. Tipperary, 8 m. ENE. of Fethard-103, on
R. Anner, under Slievnaman, contains Mullina-
hone. Acres 10,551; pop. 4983 + 45. Living, a
Rect. (Ca.E. W. L.) val. 579Z., patr. Bishop. Kil-
laghy, W. Despard, Esq., was taken by Cromwell.
KILVERSTONE par. (50) Shropham hund. <S.
Norfolk, 1 m. E. of Thetford-80, on Norwich rail,
and a branch of R. Little Ouse, belonged to the
Cornwallises. Acres 2540 ; pop. 47 + 1 ; poor r.
13/. (Thetfd. U.) ; real prop. 870Z. Living, a
Rect. (Norw.) val. 160/., patr. Ld. Chancellor.
K. House, 3. Wright, Esq., a very old family.
KILVEY ( ) near Swansea, W. Glamorgan.
is a Cur. with Llansamlet.
KILVICCUEN par. joined to KILFENECHEN,
KILVINK par. (102, 112) Clanmorris bar. 5.
Mayo, 7 m. SE. of Clare- 150, near R. Dalgan.
Acres 5426, with bog; pop. 2236 + 31, of vil.
260. Living, a Rect. (Tu. K. A.) val. 109/., patr.
Bishop. Rockfort, T. Sheriden, Esq.
KILVINGTON par. (70) S. Newark wap. SE.
Notts. 1 m. S. of Newark- 124, contains Alverton.
Acres 000 ; pop. 56 + 1 ; poor r. 51. (Newark U.) ;
real prop. 758A St. Mary Cur. with Staunton ;
KILVINGTON, NORTH, tnshp. ( ) Thornton-le-
Street par. I m. NK. of the following, belongs
to the Maynells there. Acres 1210; pop. 63;
poor r. 52/. ; real prop. 1406A gaP K., SOUTH,
par. ( ) Birdforth wap. N. R. York. 2m. N. of
Thirsk-217, contains Thornbrough and Upsall.
Acres 2610, of town 940; pop. 402, and 277;
poor r. 93/. (Thirsk U.) ; real prop. 2040/. St.
Wilfrid Rect. (Yk.) val. 51 U, patr. Sidney Sussex
Coll. Camb. K. House, T. Meynell, Esq.
KUvrough (37) 7 m. WSW. of Swansea, W.
Glamorgan. Penrice, Esq., in Gower.
Kilwarlin, was part of Lower Iveagh bar. W.
Doicn, on R. Lagan, formerly very boggy.
KILWATKRMOY par. (28-9, 33-4) Coshmore
bar. W. Waterford, 3 m. SE. of Tallow-133, on
Rs. Blackwater and Bride. Acres 6557, hilly;
pop. 2400, decreasing. Living, a Vic. with Tal-
low. Moore Hall, W. Moore, Esq.
KILWAUGHTER par. (34-5, 39, 40) Up. Glenarm
bar. E. Antrim, 2 m. W. of Larne-121. Acres
9804 (rising 1558 ft. at Agnew Hill), with lime-
stone, basalt ; pop. 2164 + 15. Living, a Rect.
with Cairncaste. K. Castle, W. Agnew, Esq.,
who has the manor.
KILWEILAGH. See KILL.ALAGH, Westmeath.
KILWHELAN. See KILPHELAN, Cork.
P. KILWINNTNG par. Cunninghame distr. .ZV.
Ayr. 3 m. NW. of Irvine-69, on Ayr rail, and Rs.
Garnock and Lugton, including Fergushill,
Dowra, Dalgarvan, and gov. by a baron bailie,
was called Saigstown, and has remains of a
tyronensian abbey found. 1140 by the Constable,
Hugh de Morville, and b. by the founder of the
Scottish freemasons, who had their head seat here
under the Sinclairs, as Grand Masters, till 1771.
Size 9 m. by 5, cultivated, with coal, stone,
lime, clay (for tile-works, etc.), moss, an iron
spring, pike at Ashenyard loch, trout, salmon,
etc. ; pop. 5251 + 150, of town 2971, muslin
weavers, colliers, etc. ; houses , old fashioned,
with 2 chapels, bank, mason lodge, school, and
archery club (older than 1488), who still exercise
at the popinjay ; real prop. 15.473/. ; for poor
812/. Living (presb. Irvine) val. 2G6L, patr. Earl
Eglintoun of Egl. Castle ; church, stands near
the ruined spire of the abbey, of which Gavin
Hamilton was the last abbot, and which was
given to the Glencairns, etc. From 'St. Win-
ning,' a culdee. Fairs, 21 Jan. 1st Wed. Nov.
P. M. KILWORTH par. (27, etc.) Condons bar.
NE. Cork, 22 m. NE. of Cork, 134 from Dublin, a
police station on R. Funcheon, belonged to the
Condons, and was given by Cromwell to Fleet-
wood. Acres 5458, with limestone; an. val.
2973Z. ; pop. 3246 + 21, of town 1772, decreas-
ing; houses 284, with 2 chapels, mkt. house,
fever hosp., 6-arched bridge, flax and flour mills.
Living, a Vic. (Ck. R. C.) with 3 others, val. 754/.,
patr. Bishop. Moore Pk., Earl of Mountcashel,
who takes hence title of baron ; near it is Cloghlea
Cast, the old seat of the Condons. Maryville, L.
Corban, Esq. Mkt. D. Frid. Fairs, 25 Jan.
21 Apr. 18 June, U Sept 21 Nov. 10 Dec.
KILWORTH, NORTH, par. (63) Guthlaxton.
hund. S. Leicest. 4 m. E. of Lutterworth-89, on
Union canal, near R. Avon, is a meet for the
Pytchley hounds. Acres 2230; pop. 422 + 3;
poor r. 242/. (Lutterw. U.) ; real prop. 4156/. ;
charities, town lands, etc., 28/. St. Andrew Rect.
(Pet.) val. 567A, patr. Rev. T. Belgrave, rector.
HEaT K., SOUTH, par. as above, 1 m. SSW. on
R. Avon. Acres 1470 ; pop. 478 + 4 ; poor r. 234/. ;
real prop. 3014/. ; charities 29/. St. Andrew Rect.
(Pet.) val. 47U, patr. Ld. Chancellor.
KIIAVYCH. See CIIAVYCH, Card.
KILYBEBYLL, par. (37) Neath hund. N. Gla-
morgan. 4 m. N. of Neath- 198, on Swansea canal
and R. Tawe, near Pont-ac-Dawe bridge of 80 ft.
span. Pop. 731+35, in the tin and coal trade ;
poor r. 144/. (Neath U.) ; real prop. 1870/. ; eha-
rities 51. Living, a Red. (Llan.) val. 857., pair.
Ld. Chancellor. K. Place, H. Leach, Esq., for-
merly the Herberts and Turbervilles. Some bar-
rows are found.
KILYCWM. See CILYCUM, Carmarih.
KILYMAEN CLWYD. See CILYMAENLLWYD,
KIMBEKLEY par. (66) Forehoe hund. Mid. Nor-
folk, 3m. NW. of Wymondham-100, on E.Anglian
rail, and R. Yare, came from the Fastolfs to the
Wodehouses, one of whom was at Agincourt.
Acres 1460; pop. 148+1; poor r. 1157. (Foreh.
Incorp.); real prop. 2429?.; charities 10/. St.
Peter Vic. with Barnham Broom; church, has
brass of J. Wodehouse and wife (1465). K. Hall,
Ld. Wodehouse, built about 1660, has a necklace of
Hen. V.'s queen, and ' Vandyke ' painted by him-
self. |JS KIMBEKLEY hmlt. (71) Greasley par.
S W.Notts. 5 m. NW. of Nottingham-124; pop.
1778 + 7, frame- work knitters and colliers. Liv-
ing, a Cw. (Line.) val. 45/., patr. Vicar.
KIMBERWORTH tnshp. (82) Rotherham par.
W. R. York. 2 m. WNW. of Rotherham-159, on
Sheffield rail, and R. Don, contains Blackburn
and 9 other hmlts. Acres 2940 ; pop. 5066 + 103 ;
poor r. 1208/. (Rotherh. U.) ; real prop. 33,0327.,
of which 17,5177. on canal, 23147. on ironworks;
charities, 127. to school. Living, a Cur. (Yk.)
val. 1507., patr. Vicar.
KIMBLE, GREAT, par. (7) Aylesbury hund. Mid.
Sucks. 2 m. NE. of Prince's Risboro'-36, contains
K. WICK hmlt. (pop. 68) and Marsh, was called
Kunebel, after K. Cunobelin or Cvmbeline. Acres
2570 ; pop. 489 + 5 ; poor r. 2917. "( Wycombe U.) ;
real prop. 29207. ; charities 87. St Nicholas Vic.
with Gt. Hampden. K. House, Sir F. B. Morland,
Bt. Two hills are called Belinus's castle and
Belinesbury. tgif K., LITTLE, par. (53) as above,