Teunis G. Bergen.

The Bergen family: or, The descendants of Hans Hansen Bergen online

. (page 7 of 56)
Online LibraryTeunis G. BergenThe Bergen family: or, The descendants of Hans Hansen Bergen → online text (page 7 of 56)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


Aersen ; m. (ist), Adriaentje Bleyck, daughter of Cornelis
De Potter," and widow of Johannes NeviuS, owned some
200 acres of land on the East river east of Fulton street,
Brooklyn, afterward of Comfort and Joshua Sands ; m.
(2d), Jan. 4th, 1690, Elizabeth Smit, widow of Peter Smit.
His will is dated Aug. nth, 1707, and proved June 6th,
1 709. His children by his first wife were : Helena Middagh,
who m. Christopher Hooglandt ; Matthaus Middagh, bap-
tized Oct. 5th, 1679 ; m. Mary or Maria ; David

Middagh, baptized Dec. i8th, 1681 ; m. Hey Ike ;

Aert Middagh, m. Elizabeth . By second wife,

Pieter Middagh ; Catharine Middagh ; Johannes Middagh ;
and Cornelis Middagh.

There was a Derick Middagh, who settled on the Raritan
about 1683 or 4, m. Katalyntje Van Nest, and had child-
ren baptized in the Raritan church: Pieter, Sept. 26th,
1699; Derick, March 23d, 1703; Theunis, Aug. 28th,
1704; Joris, April 26th, 1709; and Gerrit, April 30th,

' Cornelis de Potter bought Herry Breser's plantation Aug. 29th, 1651, land
of John Haes Jan. 4th, 1652, and over two morgens of Cornelis Derckten
Hooglandt, ferryman, Dec. 3d, 1652, all located in Brooklyn. Breser't
plantation, at the time of de Potter's purchase, was rented to Thomas Steven-
sen, Breser agreeing to build a dwelling house thereon, and Stephensen a tobacco
house, which he was to leave at the end of hb term on the ground, in consid-
eration of which, Breser was to furnish the nails and a half barrel of beer. In
consequence of Breser's ^ling to perform his part of the contract, Stephensen
commenced a suit against him Nov. i8th, 1652. De Potter built the first
three masted vessel in the country, called the << New Love,** as per p. 535 of
Valentine's Manual, of 1855. He and Guleam Wys owned the ship Spotted
Cow in 1651, in which many of the early emigrants in the colony arrived.
Elizabeth, another daughter of de Potter, m. Pieter Delanoy. De Potter died
prior to July, 1661, and April 2d, 1679, Swantje Jans, his widow, m. Jan
Strycker of Flatbush. There is some doubt about de Potter being the surname
of Cornelis, the probability being that it was his occupation.



Digitized by



Google



Second Generation. 83

1 71 2. This Derick Middagh may have been, and most
probably was, a son of 'Jan Aersen Middagh by his first wife.

II. Garret Aersen Middagh, born in Brooklyn \ died, 1710;
m. Sept. 25th, i69i,Cornelia JanseCowenhoven. Will dated
Sept. 8th, 1709, proved Sept. 21st, 17 10. (See lib. 7, p.
486, surrogate's office, New York.) His farm of 80
acres was located at Brooklyn ferry, on the west side of
Fulton street. His children were : Breckje Middagh,
baptized August 27th, 1692, m. Gleaves ; Jan Middagh,
of Brooklyn, baptized August 13th, 1693, m. Hanna or

Johanna ; Dina Middagh, baptized May 9th,

1697, ^^^^ ^7^9> °^' George Rapalje ; and Aert Middagh,
of Brooklyn, baptized March 9th, 1707, m. Magdalene
Stryker.

III. Z>^f>f -Arj^w Middagh, born ; died 17 10; m.

Catalyntje , and resided in Flushing. His will is dated

Sept. 14th, 1 7 10, proved Oct. 20th, 1710, and had children:
Judith Middagh, baptized May 21st, 1696, died young ;
Cornelis Middagh, baptized June 13th, 1698, died young ;
Benjamin Middagh, m. (supposed) Aug. 9th, 1749, Anna
Stryker ; Deborah Middagh ; and Samuel Middagh.

IV. Aert Aersen Middagh, m. Lysbet , and settled on

the Raritan river in New Jersey. His children, baptized in
the Somerville Reformed Dutch Church, were : Ariaantje
Middagh, baptized Sept. 17th, 1699 ^ Annetje Middagh,
baptized August 24th, 1701 ; Lysbet Middagh, baptized
April 1 8th, 1704; and (supposed) Helen Middagh, bap-
tized March 12th, 17 10.

v. Helen Aersen Middagh, m. Willem Davidsz, and had
children : Helena Davidsz, Aards Davidsz, and Laurens
Davidsz.

VI. Lyshet v/^rff» Middagh, m. Peter Staats, and had a son
Pieter Staats, baptized Feb. i6th, 1690.

VII. (Supposed) William Aersen Middagh, m. Styntje .



Digitized by



Google



84 Family History.

4. Jan Hansen Bergen, baptized in New Amsterdam,
April 17th, 1644; living as late as 17 15, and possibly as
late as 1730 ; m. Jannetje Teums^ daughter of Teunis
Denyse (sometimes written Nysen, Nyse, or Nyssen), of
Gowanus, who survived her husband, and died a short time
previous to 1735. Jannetje was baptized Dec. 22d, 1641,
in New Amsterdam ; witnesses, Michiel ter Heyken, iiscaal ;
Rachel Vynen, and Petronel Lupolt.

The first notice of fan Hansen on our old records after
his baptism is in the following :^ March i8th, 1662, was
made ^^ a kind request to the Director General and Council
of New Netherlands, if it will please them to present us
the grant of a parcel of woodland situated between the
land of Joris Rapalje, next to the old path to the Bay.
Done at the Waelebocht," Was signed.

Jan Joris Rapailje,
Teunis Gysbert Bogaert,

CORNELIS JaCOBSEN,"

Hendrick Sweers,3
Michiel Hansen (Bergen),*
Jan Hansen (Bergen).

^^ The request is granted to the supplicants, provided
that they shall place their dwellings within a concentration,
which shall suit them best, but not to make a new concen-
tration."s

The object of having the dwellings of the settlers placed

' See yol. x, p. 88, of Dutch Manuscripts, office secretary state, Albaoj.

'There was a Cornelit yacohte assessed m Flatbush, in 1675.

^ Hendrick Smeersy ^ 9o\^\tT^ was pardoned Jan. 3d, 1657, for accidentally
wounding Capt. Nuton.

* The part in parenthesis not in the original, which is the case in all similar
instances in this work where names in parenthesis are added. Under this
application the petitioners obtained twenty morgens or forty acres apiece, at
Bedford.

5 Vol. X, p. 88, Dutch Manuscripts, office secretary of state.



Digitized by



Google



Second Generation. 85

in a concentration, or close together, was, to facilitate their
being surrounded with palisades and fortified, as a protection
against the Indians. There may at this time have been a
concentration of buildings at Bedford, but the probability
is one was formed after this date, it being known at a later
period as a hamlet, and called in Thomas Lambertse's'
confirmatory patent of Feb. i8th, 1666, the village of New
Bedford.

Under this application patents for twenty morgen or forty
acres were granted to each of the six applicants, and probably

' Thomas LambertUf from Naerden or Naarden, a fortified town of 2,590
inhabitants in 1841, in the province of North Holland, in the Netherlands,
emigrated in 1651, was a carpenter, residing on the south side of the present
Pearl street, in New Amsterdam in 1664, and afterwards removed to his
Bedford patent, selling his premises of 50 feet front on Pearl street in 1684 to
Philip Smith for £150. He m. Nov. 27th, 1654, Jannetje Jans or Juriansz,
widow, and had issue t Lysbet Thomas, baptized April 26th, 1656, and
Lambert Thomas, baptized May 26th, 1658. Hendrick Suydam, a son of

Hendrick Rycken, m. Bennetie ^ settled in Bedford, named his second

son Lambert, from whom the name of Lambert has been continued in the

Suydam family, and from which it may be inferred that this Bennetie

was in some way related to Thomas Lambertse ; she may have been his
daughter, or grand-daughter. April 2d, 1682, Thomas Lambertse of Jamaica,
and Janitie Jurrians, his wife, were witnesses at baptism of Agatha, daughter
of Jan Thysz; and May 17th, 1686, a Thomas Lambertse's name appears
among the patentees on Gov. Dongan*8 patent of Jamaica. In 1687,
Thomas Lambertse, of Brooklyn, took the oath of allegiance to the British
government, and Dec. 27th, 1689, "Thomas Lammertse " was commissioned
lieutenant of the Brooklyn foot company. May 14th, 1700, Thomas Lam-
bertse, of Bedford, for £50, sold three acres, located on the highway in that
locality, also his Bedford farm, as per patent of Gov. Nicolls, of Feb. z8th,
z 666, to LeBert Pieterse, the ancestor of the LeflTert family. (See lib. 2, p.
213, of con., register's office, Kings county.) If the Thomas Lambertse from
Naerden is the same as the Thomas Lambertse of the Jamaica patent, then he
evidently removed back to Brooklyn from Jamaica. On the list of the owners
of houses and lots in New York in 1 674, on p. 322 of Valentine's History of
City of New York, " Thomas Lamberts " is entered sis the owner of a second
class house in Pearl, between Whitehall and State streets in said city, and on
page 316, "Tomas Lambertsen" is entered as assessed in 1655, Sfl. for the
repairs of the fortifications of New Amsterdam .

12



Digitized by



Google



86 Family History.

to others, who may have been their associates, whose names
do not appear on the application. One of these was a
patent to Thomas Lambertse, of May 15th, 1664, of 24
Dutch rods (294 feet) in breadth, and 500 Dutch, rods
(6025 feet) in length, lying on the north side of Michael
(should be Jan) Hansen (Bergen's) patent, which in 1700
was conveyed to LefFert Pietcrse, the ancestor of the Lef-
fcrts family. Jan Hansen {Bergen* s) patent was also dated
May isth, 1664, and covered the northerly one-half of
the farm at Bedford, late of Lambert Suydam, and desig-
nated as that of the widow Lott on Butts's map of Brooklyn.
April 1 6th, 1697, 7^^^ Hansen (Bergen)^ of Jamaica,
Queen's county (see lib. 2, p. 140, of con. King's county
register's office), conveyed his patent to Lucas Coeverts, of
Queen's county, " containing by estimation twenty morgen
" or forty acres more or less, bounded south by Machiel
" Hanse (Bergen), and north by Derick Janse hooglandt, in
" breadth four and twenty rod East and West, in length five
'^ hundred rod, all Dutch measure, and as per patent from
" Petrus Stuy vesant the Dutch Governor then at that time
*' being, dated the fifteenth day of May, 1664, may ap-
" pear," etc.

On the same date, April i6th, 1697, Lucas Coeverts, of
Madman's Neck, Queen's county, and Barbara his wife,
conveyed John Hansen's patent, by the same boundary, to
Hendrick Rycken (Suydam), of King's county. (See lib.
2, p. 142, of con. King's county register's office.)

April 20th, 1698, for X150, Hendrick Rycken and Idye
his wife conveyed the same premises, by the same boundary,
to Hendrick Hendricksen (Suydam), his son. (See lib. 2,
p. 168, of con. King's county register's office.)

Hendrick Hendricksen Suydam, by will dated August
28th, 1 730, devised his homestead, comprising these premises
and the adjoining patent of Michael Hansen Bergen, to his



Digitized by



Google



Second Generation. 87

son Hendrick. From Hendrick Suydam, the property
passed to his son Lambert Suydam, whose daughter Maria
married Daniel Lott, and is the widow Lott whose name is
referred to as appearing on Butts's map of Brooklyn.

From a' deed of Thomas Lambertse, George Jacobs,
and Tryntje Jooris, wife of said Jacobs, to LysbetK Thomas
(probably daughter of said Thomas Lambertse), of May
loth, 1695 (see lib. 2, p. 53, of con., office King's county reg-
ister), it appears that Jan Hansen Bergen and Michiel Hansen
Bergen^ each owned a tract of salt meadows, at Jamaica
South, the deed referred to describing *'a parcell of
^^ meadows lying and being between the third and fourth
" creeke by and between the meadows of George Jansen
*' ( Rapalje), John hansen and Mi chill Hansen^" etc. At
that early period, in consequence of the absence of the
present cultivated grasses, a plot of salt meadows which
afforded a quantity of salt hay, was considered to be abso-
lutely necessary to every plantation or farm, for the winter-
ing of the farm stock.

There is good reason to suppose that these 40 acre patents
at least covered the farms designated as those of Rem
Lefferts, James Debevoise, Leffert Lefferts, Rem LefFerts,
and widow Lott, on Butts's map of Brooklyn, located south
of the vicinity of Hickory street, east of the Cripplebush road,
north of the old Jamaica turnpike, or road from Brooklyn
ferry to Jamaica, fronting on said Cripplebush road, and
butting with their rears against the patent of Joris Jansen
Rapalie. They may also have covered the farms lying south
of said Jamaica turnpike, and east of the Clove road (road
from Bedford to Flatbush), on which they fronted, up to and
including that designated as of Jeremiah Remsen on Butts's
map, but this is more uncertain. These farms include each
two or more of the original plots, and some of them south
of the Jamaica turnpike appear to have been so subdivided



Digitized by



Google



88 Family History.

as to cut them short of their original length, which probably
extended to the Hunter Fly (Honden Vley) road, known
as the hay path in some deeds.*

It is probable that the Cripplebush road (possibly in some
places changed from its original track), leading from the
Wallabout to Bedford, and intersected by the Bush wick
road, near the corner of Marcy avenue and Ellery street ;
also the old road (since Jamaica, etc., turnpike), leading from
Fulton ferry to Bedford, and there intersecting said Crip-
plebush road; from thence the Clove road, through a
natural valley, gorge or pass in the hills, in the vicinity of
Nostrand avenue, to the boundary line between Brooklyn
and Flatbush ; thence the continuation of said Clove road
along the south side and foot of the hills a short distance
westerly, and then bending southerly to its junction with the
main road in the village of Flatbush, near Nelson's hotel ;
and thence following said main road through said village of
Flatbush to the village of Flatlands and the bay, branching
off to Canarisie ; were originally Indian foot paths or trails
(changed by the early settlers to highways, on which their
patents fronted), leading to the bay in Flatlands, where their
principal settlements were located, which bay was at that
period literally paved with hard clams or Quahaug, from the
shells of which their wampum was principally made, the flesh
affording abundance of food, much of which was dried,
smoked, strung on strings made of the tendons of animals,
and used for food by the tribes residing in the interior, who
in some cases received it as tribute. That portion of the

' '' Streching so far as the hay path from Bedford aforesaid to the New Letts
of fflackbush aforesaid,** in deed from Jacobus Vandewater to Paulus Richards,
oi April 2i8t, 1694 (lib. z, p. x, of con., register*s office King*8 county). The
name of " hay path ** was probably derived, from the farmers using this road in
carting their salt hay from the meadows they owned bordering on the Jamaica
bay, in the bounds of the present town of New Lotts, or at Sellers neck, in the
bounds of Jamaica, which neck b located between the third and fourth creeks.



Digitized by



Google



Second Generation. 89

old Flatbush road and turnpike from its intersection near
the corner of Atlantic and Portland avenues, with the road
to Bedford and Jamaica, to its intersection with the contin-
uation of the Clove road near Nelson's tavern in the village
of Flatbush, as near as can be ascertained, is of more
modern date than the roads hereinbefore referred to. Its
course was over the crest of the hills, a steep ascent, which
the early settlers from the level lands of Holland, when
possible, avoided, knowing that a load could more easily be
hauled around a hill than over it.

Jan Hansen resided for some years at Bedford, probably
on land obtained through this application. His descendants
have a tradition that he was the owner of vessels engaged
in voyages at sea, and that he lost them in a great storm.
From pages 452 and 456 of vol. 2 of Documents relating,
to the Colonial History of New York, it appears that a
^' Jan Bergen " was skipper or captain of the ship St. Jan
Baptist, Dec. 31st, 1661, and that he was skipper of the
ship " Bontekoe " or Spotted Cow, Dec. 31st, 1663.' The
colonial records also show that in May, 1661, he carried
to New Amsterdam in the St. Jan Baptist a cargo of emi-
grants ; also in April, 1663, in the Bontekoe, and in April,
1664, in the ship D' Eendracht, Concord, or Unity. From
the books of warrants, orders, etc., in the secretary of
state's office, Albany, it appears that on the 5th of Decem-
ber, 1664, Governor NicoUs, on petition, gave leave to
** John Bergen," master of the ship Unity, to come to New
York with his ship and loading of Holland goods the next
year, and on the 7th of the same month he gave him leave
to transport to Holland in his ship a number of persons
who were desirous of leaving the colony. November ist.



'The "Spotted Cow '* was owned by Cornelis de Potter and Gulcaim Wys,
which vessel brought over a cargo of immigrants in April, 1660.



Digitized by



Google



90 Family History.

1664,3 suit was pending in the burgermaster's and schepen's
court of New Amsterdam, between Skipper Jan Bergen,
plaintiff, and Tamis Dauidts,' defendant, in which the
plaintiff claimed 340 gl, 2 st. in beavers for freight, which,
after several adjournments, he finally recovered. The Jan
Bergen named in the above references may have been Jan
Hansen^ taking into consideration the fact of his father
having been a ship carpenter and the family tradition of his
having owned vessels, but if it was, he had command of a
vessel at the age of eighteen. The matter, however, can-
not be determined with certainty at this late period.

In 1674, Jan Hansen, of Bedford, is charged on the
books of Elbert Elbertse Stoothoff, of Flatlands, with :

7 J ell serge, at 1 2 gl. per ell, /I 90

2j " " " 30

I pair shoes, 15

I pair children shoes, 8

I cow, 80

36 gal. Rum at /I 6 - 10 per gal., 270
1676, Feb. 17, Paid to Tuenis Gisbertsen for Jan

Hansen, 107

March 14th, 1675-6, " Jan Hansen^'* of Bedford, on his
own behalf, and by virtue of verbal authority of Jan Ven-
nagar, conveyed to *' Claes Pieterse " ( Wyckoff ), about 1 2
morgens of land in Flatlands. On the same date he con-
veyed, on his own behalf, and by virtue of power from the

' Tamis Dauidts or Thomas Davison, an Englishman, obtained, Dec. 22d, 1 669,
of Gov. Philip Carteret, a patent for a tract in Bergen, N. J., extending from
New York bay to Newark bay, and December X2th, 1669, another patent for
land on New York bay, adjoining the previous patent, at a place called Pem-
brepogh. (See pp. 68 and 69 of Winfield*8 Hudson County Land Titles.) In
1 66 1, Davison purchased a sloop, and with a negro slave to assist him, did a
freighting business between New Amsterdam and Albany, residing in the
former place, and died in 1688.



Digitized by



Google



Second Generation. 91

aforesaid Jan Vennagar, to Dierck Jansen,' about i6
morgens of land, also located in Flatlands."*

On an inventory of the estate of Asser Levy, of the city
of New York, in 1675, in lib. 19 B., p. 47, New York
surrogate's office, among the debtors appear John Hans^ of
Bedford, 125 florens, " Theunis Gisberts Bogert," 23/!
16 J/., " Jorsey of the Whaleboght 24/.," and Rem Janse
(Vanderbek) of the *' Whaleboght," 24 y^. On an inventory
of the estate of Cornells Steenwyck, of said city, in 1686,
in said lib. 19 B., p. 253, Jan Hansen appears to be indebted
34 y., and Theunis Gisberts Bogert 29/*. 19 st. " Jorsey"
was probably intended for Joris Janse Rapalie, who had
been dead at the above date more than ten years.

In 167s *' Jan Hansen*^ was assessed in Brooklyn for
one poll, two horses, four cows, two do. of 3 years, two
do. of 2 years, one do. of i year, four hogs, and ten
morgens of land, the land valued at £20, and the personal
at £80 10 X. In 1676, for one poll, two horses, six cows,
one hog, and eighty morgens of land, the land valued at
£36, and the personal property at £69 10 s.

In 1677, " JohnHans% Bergen" 2ind " Jannetje Teunis,"
his wife, of Bedford, were members of the Reformed
Dutch Church of Brooklyn, and in the same year he is
entered on the church records as removed to the town of
Jamaica, where he continued to reside on a farm at Foster's
river, with probably a mill attached, until his death.

On the division, May 12th, 1679, of the meadows at

* Probably DircA Janun Amerman^ who came to this country from the
Netherlands in 1650, was assessed in Flatlands in 1675 for seven morgen, and
in 1683 for twenty morgens land. In 1687 he took the oath of allegiance, in
1689 was appointed ensign of the militia of the town, and in 1693, was a
deacon in the church. He m. Aaltje Paulus Vanderbeek, and had six sons
and three daughters.

'Flatlands town records.



Digitized by



Google



92 Family History.

the iarther East Neck, among the inhabitants of Jamaica,
" John Hansen " and Thomas Okley, of Foster's Mead-
ows, were allotted twenty acres between them. (See Ja-
maica records, vol. i, p. 39.)

March 2, 1682, '^Eenamant and Mongowack," Indians
of " Recowack " (Rockaway), petitioned the governor and
council to ^' confirm the sale and grant a patent to * yan
** Hansty Jerome Rapalje, and John Tunisen, who had
^^ purchased lands from them at Rockaway." In this peti-
tion they set forth "that they, out of old acquaintance
" sake and Love, have freely Given and Granted, without
^' any persuasion or seduction of any person or persons,
"unto Jan Hansen^ Jerome Rapale and Jan Theunissen,*
^^ a certain Neck of land being and Laying att Long Island,
** in the North West point of Recowack, Beginning from
" a certain Creeke called Cockwas, running from thence
" South by West to another Kill called Hapex, and further
" to the other side of the River or Plaine."

March 13th, 1682, the commander-in-chief of the
colony, Capt. Antony Brockholls, who, on the retirement
of Andros^ acted as governor, sent a letter to the constable
and overseers of Hempstead, notifying them of the above
application, and inquiring whether the premises had previ-
ously been purchased by the town, or were free and at the
disposal of the Indians, and calling for a report.^

March i6th, 1682, Nathaniel Pearsall, on behalf of the
town, remonstrated against the petition of " John hansone^
" Jerome Rapalie, and John Tunisen," claiming the lands
in question to be within the bounds of Hempstead, a part

■ Probably Jtromui Rapalie, of Flushing, whose son John was a resident of
Jamaica ; the other associate was Jan Theunisen Denyse, a brother-in-law of
yan Hansen,

3 See vol. ii| p. 3, Land Papers, office secretary of sute, Albany.



Digitized by



Google



Second Generation. 93

of which had already been allotted among the inhabitants/

Dec. 2d, 16829 a town meeting at Hempstead directed
Nathaniel Pearsall to *'goe to Rockaway to forewarn
'' Jerome Rapalie and John Tunesen and "John Hance from
^^ of our land at Rockaway, and the constable and overseers
" haue liberty to make choys of two more to goe with the
"aboue said Nathaniel Pearsall."'

Dec, 8th, 1682, another town meeting was held in
Hempstead, at which the constable and overseers were
authorized to employ counsel, ^' make choys of a man to
^^ plead ther cas at Jemeco sesions against John hance and his
^^ associates for the upholding and maintaining of our land
^' at Rookaway, and the constable haue liberty to make
*' choys of two or three men of the Towne to assist
" them."3

March 20th, 1684, Hansen^ Rapalie and Theunisen
petitioned to have the above lands confirmed to them by a
patent, described as ^^ lying at a creek called Oppex, and so
'^ running to another creek, which is called by the Indians
" Copwax."*

Having seen no account of Hansen^ Rapalie, and Theu-
nison occupying these lands after this date, or of the
decision of the governor and council, the presumption is
that they failed in their application.

In 1683, " John Hanson " was assessed in Jamaica for
eight cows, two do. 3 years old, six do. 2 years old, three
do. I year old, one swine, sixteen acres of land, and .one
poll, valued at <£44.

March 17th, 1684-5, " y«A» Hanson** and Benjamin

' Book C. p. 6, Hempstead town records, where ti^e entry is March 14th,
1681-2.
' Vol. C, p. (29) 41, Hempstead town records.

3 Vol. C, p. (29) 41, Hempstead town records.

4 Vol. n, p. 32, Land Papers, office secreUry state, Albany.

13



Digitized by



Google



94 Family History.

Coe' had liberty from Jamaica to set up a corn and fulling
mill on Foster's river, in said town, they engaging to main-
tain a good mill, and grind for the town for the twelfth
part." At this period there was quite a Dutch settlement
at Foster's meadows, probably named after John Foster,
who at this date was a resident of Jamaica.^

March 6th, 1687-8 an exchange of lands was made
between Wait Smith and John Hanson^ both of Jamaica,
Smith conveying to Hanson " six acres off land lying near
" to y' s'* John Hanson & is bounded on y* north by a high-



Online LibraryTeunis G. BergenThe Bergen family: or, The descendants of Hans Hansen Bergen → online text (page 7 of 56)