Copyright
William Richards Castle William Roscoe Thayer.

The Harvard graduates' magazine online

. (page 76 of 103)
Online LibraryWilliam Richards Castle William Roscoe ThayerThe Harvard graduates' magazine → online text (page 76 of 103)
Font size
QR-code for this ebook


J. S. Pray was appointed Nov. 24 as
Charles Eliot Professor of Landscape
Architecture at Harvard University.
— The permanent address of B. T.
Capen is Swatow, China. Capen does
not expect to return to this country
until the spring of IMO. — The pres-
ent address of C. R. Colburn is 1417
Meade Ave., San Diego, Cal.

1896.

J. J. Hatm, 8ee„

80 State St., Bortmi.
Alex. Holland is with the Traveller
Tire & Tube Co. of Mass., with office
at 729 Boylston St., Boston. — Selden
P. Delany has become pastor of the
Church of St. Mary the Virgin in New
York. — J. L. Bremer is a member of
the «d Harvard Surgical Unit. —
Change* ofaddreee: Alex. Holland, 729



Boylston St., Boston; Rev. S. P. De-
laney, 144 W. 47th St., New York
City; Rev. C. N. Lathrop, 637 Mar-
shall St., Milwaukee, Wis.; C. N.
Holmes, 41 Arlington St., Newton. —
Blanks for our 20th Anniversary Re-
port have been sent out. The Secre-
tary urges immediate response, as it is
only by prompt and hearty coopera-
tion that the Report can be success-
fully prepared. — The following are
among the missing list. Information
about these men sent to the Secretary
will be most welcome. Their last, but
incorrect, addresses are: Frederick M.
Sargent, 201 La Salle St., Chicago, III.;
John W. Tarbox, 10 Greenleaf St.,
Maiden; Dr. Frank A. Richardson,
Mercer, Wis.; Louis Sayer, Hamble-
ton's, Talbot City, Md.; Harry A.
Stone, 89 E. 42d St., New York City;
John L. Ketcham, Jr., 216 No. Dela-
ware Ave., Indianapolis, Ind.

1897.
W. L. Gabbibon, Jr., See.,
60 State St, Boeton.
J. A. Carpenter's symphonic suite
Adventures in a Peramhvlaior has been
played both by the Chicago Sym-
phony Orchestra and the Boston
Symphony Orchestra. It is acclaimed
in the press as a delightful and indi-
vidual production. — P. MacKaye
has recently published The Immi-
grants, described in the Bulletin as " a
lyric drama illustrating the tragedy of
the foreigner falsely lured to this land
of promise." — V. M. Hillyer is the
author of a new publication entitled
Child Training. He was recently
chosen a member of the executive
committee of the Harvard Club of
Maryland. — L. F. Crawford has
been appointed by the Associated
Harvard Clubs as state representative
for North Dakota in the Central



Digitized by



Google



656



NewBfrom the Classes.



[March,



Section. — E. Hollister has been ap-
pointed a member of the Committee
for the Nomination of Overseers. —
D. Fales, Jr., is Professor of Biblical
Literature at Colorado CoUe^, Colo-
rado Springs. — H. T. White has
become a member of the firm of White*
Weld & Co., bankers. New York City.
— J. W. Carret has become associated
with the firm of Van Voorhis, Wilson
& Co., investment dealers, 60 Con-
gress St., Boston. — A. H. Parker is a
member of the firm of F. L. Dabney
& Co., brokers and bankers, 50 Con-
gress St., Boston. — E. V. Dexter is
with the American Can Co., 120
Broadway, New York City. — B.
Winthrop is a member of the board of
directors of the National City Bank,
New York City. — L. Williams, who
is a Director of the Port of Boston,
recently spoke on the subject of the
" Port of Boston " at the Boston Har-
vard Club. — D. Cheever, who is in
charge of the 2d Harvard Surgical
Unit, ranks as a lieutenant-colonel in
the British army. — Among those at
the Plattsburg Encampment were: S.
Kennedy, J. D. Phillips, R. L. Rob-
bins, R. H. Stevenson, F. H. Kinni-
cutt and F. M. Weld.

1809.
Arthub Adams, Sec.,
7 Water St., Room 012, Boston.
Howard Coonley has been elected a
director of the 2d Nat. Bank of Bos-
ton. — P. D. Haughton is president of
the Boston National League Baseball
Club. — Ralph McKittrick is with
Ely- Walker Dry Goods Co., St. Louis,
Mo. — A. F. Griffiths is a member of
the recently constituted Board of In-
dustrial Schools of the Territory of
Hawaii. — E. O. Childs, Jr., was re-
elected Mayor of Newton. He was
nominated by both the Democratic



and Republican parties. — F. R.
Swift has moved to Iron Mountain,
Mich., which will henceforth be his
address. — J. H. Sherburne was re-
elected to the Mass. House of Repre-
sentatives for 1916. — W. F. Wyeth,
heretofore manager of the Bond De-
partment of the Old Colony Trust Co.,
Boston, has been elected a vice-presi-
dent. — W. S. Hayes is a teacher of
languages in the Brockton High
School. His present address is 94
Highland St., Brockton.

1900.
Abthttb Dbinkwateb, See.,
50 Temple Fl.. Boston.
The Class had an informal dinner at
the Harvard Club of Boston on Friday
evening, Nov. 19, the night before the
Harvard- Yale football game. Some
fifty men appeared before the evening
was over. The gathering was a very
genial one, and the men proceeded to
amuse themselves as they saw fit.
Except for songs by J. B. Hawes, 2d,
whenever he was called on, and an
account by J. S. Cochrane of his ex-
perience with the American Ambu-
lance Corps in France, the dinner was
spent in conversation, quiet, or other-
wise. — J. Warshaw has in the Sewanee
Review an article entitled " Machia-
velli in Marlowe." — M. Seasongood
has been reappointed for five years a
member of the Ohio Commission for
the Blind. — R. H. Johnson has con-
tracted with Wiley & Co. to write
Johnson & Huntley's Principlee of
OH and Gae Production, The manu-
script is nearly ready. He gave a
paper on Conservation of Oil and Oae at
the second Pan-American Scientific
Congress at Christmas time. — C.
Runnells is assistant to the president
of the Pullman Co. His business ad-
dress is Pullman Bldg., Chicago, 111.



Digitized by



Google



1916.]



Neneafrom the Classes.



667



— R. R. Rummery has recently been
appointed consulting engineer for New
York City. — P. F. Brown is chief
engineer for the Combined Heat &
Sprinkler Co., 54 Canal St., Boston.

— R. R. Whiting has recently pub-
lished The Judgment of Jane through
Moffat, Yard & Co. — F. H. Kir-
mayer is owner and principal of a priv-
ate school for boys, the enrolment of
which is limited to 50, in New York
City. His home address is Grantwood,
N.J. — F. H. Danker has recently de-
livered a number of addresses and
published a number of articles on the
subject of national preparedness. He
was at the Plattsburg training camp
and with the 7Sd Highlanders (Black
Watch) Overseas Expeditionary Force
in Canada. — C. S. Forbes has sailed
for France to join the American Am-
bulance. — J. Brewer is director of the
Alperton Rubber Co., Ltd., London,
England. — G. C. Kimball is treasurer
of the Associated Harvard Clubs and
IS chairman of the executive commit-
tee in charge of the meeting to be held
at Pittsburg in May. — F. F. Burr
writes from Wayne, Me. : " I am farm-
ing it, acting as insurance agent, hunt-
ing, and doing a few other odd jobs."

— C. Ruess, after ten years in social
work, for the last eight of which he
served four terms as probation officer
at Oakland, Cal., is again in the minis-
try and is pastor of the First Unitarian
Church, Fresno, Cal. — R. B. Bedford
has opened in New York an American
branch of R. S. Stokvis en Zonen,
Ltd., of Rotterdam, Holland, under
the firm name of R. S. Stokvis Zonen,
Inc. — W. P. Eaton's most recent'
book is Boy SeouU of the WildrCai
Patrol. His Idyl of Twin Fires is to be
published in England. — Capt. W. H.
Armstrong is a student officer in the
Army School of the Line, Ft. Leaven-



worth, Kan. — C. Bock is in the iron
and steel business. His home address
is 66 Chapin Parkway, Buffalo, N.Y.,
and business address, 82 West Ben-
nett St., Buffalo,. N.Y. — E. J. Whit-
tier writes: " My address for a while,
probably a year or so, is care of this
company (New England Westing-
house), Springfield. Am working on
the Russian rifle order and some hustle
for every one here, I can tell you.
Have been looking after the engineer-
ing on the building and power end, but
my work seems piffling compared with
the rest, though it amounts to about
half a million dollars." — D. L. WU-
liams is a first lieutenant in the Med-
ical Corps of the Mass. Volunteer
Militia. — A. H. Shearer has pub-
lished, A List of Documentary Mar
terial Relating to State Constitutional
Conventions, 1776 to 1912 (Bulletin of
Newbury Library No. 4, Chicago,
1015). Since 1914 he has been secre-
tary of the Conference of Historical
Societies in connection with the Amer-
ican Historical Association. — H. W.
Ballantine has in press Problems in the
Law of Contracts. — D. F. Carpenter
is assistant attorney to the Interstate
Commerce Commission in San Fran-
cisco, Cal. — M. Fabyan has been
appointed Assistant Professor of Com-
parative Pathology at Harvard Medi-
cal School for five years from Sept. 1,
1915. — R. S. Holland has recently
published, William Penn (New York:
The MacmiUan Co., 1915) and The
Boy Scouts of Snowshoe Lodge (Phila-
delphia: J. B. Lippincott Co., 1915).
— E. L. Dudley has published Benjar
min Franklin (New York: The Mac-
miUan Co., 1915). — A recent book is
National Floodmarks; Week by Week
Observations on American Life as Seen
by Colliers, edited by Mark Sullivan
(New York: G. H. Doran Co., 1915).



Digitized by



Google



568



Newsjrom the Clashes.



[March,



— H. T. Dougherty has resigsed as
Librarian of the Deborah Cook Sayles
Library at Pawtucket, R.I., and is
now librarian of the Newton Free
Library. For four years he has been
president of the Rhode Island Library
Association. — H. Linenthal has been
appointed assistant in medicine at the
Harvard Medical School for one year
from Sept. 1, 1915. — John B. Hawes,
ftdf has been appointed assistant in
medicine at the Harvard Medical
School for one year from Sept. 1, 1915.

— H. A. Yeomans is secretary of the
Administrative Board of Harvard
College for 1915-16. — C. Wiener ex-
pects to return soon from England
where he has been at the head of the
Wiener Agency. He plans to edit a
paper in Washington, D.C. — A. M.
Tozzer has been elected treasurer of
the American Folklore Society. — E.
C. Carter writes from Calcutta, India,
that the Y.M.C.A., of which he is the
general secretary for India, has sent 51
secretaries to the various battle-fronts
where the Indian expeditionary forces
are fighting. — Addresses: R. W.
Kauffman, S9 W. 10th St., New York
City; G. W. Davis (home) Kendall
Green; F. E. Kutscher, Stonington,
Conn.; H. K. Boutwell, 89 St. Paul
St., Brookline; J. S. Cochrane, Tennis
and Racquet Club, Boston; J. F.
Mosby, (home) 020 Riverside Drive,
New York City, (business) 108 Fulton
St., New York City; H. R. Johnson,
(home)' Tenafly, N.J.; R. P. Parsons,
(business) SUte Infirmary, Box 306,
Tewksbury; B. A. G. Fuller, (busi-
ness) 53 Apley Court, Cambridge; W.
Lichtenstein, (home) 731 Lincoln St.,
Evanston, III.; H. W. Ballantine,
(home) 427 North Butler St., Madi-
son, Wis.; D. L. Williams, 168 Hunt-
ington Ave., Boston; W. W. Dixon,
(home) 170 £. Pearson St., Chicago,



HI.; F. W. Lane, (business) 506 Provi-
dent BIdg., Tacoma, Wash.; L. Wil-
liams, 138 E. 40th St., New York City;
J. D. Keman, Jr., (home) S38 E. 69th
St., New York City; Capt. W. H.
Armstrong, 388 Meade Ave., Ft.
Leavenworth, Kan.; E. H. Moeller,
892 Pearl St., Buffalo, N.Y.; C. Ruess,
1504 White Ave., Fresno, Cal.; R. B.
Bedford, (business) Rooms 1127-11S8
WhitehaU Bldg., 18 Battery Place,
New York City; F. M. Buckland,
(home) West Hartford, Conn., (busi-
ness) Educational Films Corporation,
171 Madison Ave., New York City;
E. Gray, Milton; A. L. Dean, (home)
2056 Lanihuli Drive, Honolulu, T.H.;
R. R. Whiting, (home) Rye, N.Y.; R.
P. Perry, (home) 22 Parkside, Upper
Montclair, N.J.; O. D. Evans, (busi-
ness) Boston Continuation School, 25
La Grange St., Boston; T. Ordway,
(home) 84 Willett St., Albany, N.Y.;
(business) Albany Medical College,
Albany, N.Y.; W. M. Rainbolt, (busi-
ness) Care of Peters Trust Co., Omaha,
Neb.; H. L. Seaver, (home) 97 Mer-
riam St., Lexington. — FtederickHftU
Beals was born Nov. 26, 1873, at Mt.
Vision, N.Y. His boyhood was spent
on his father's farm, where he pre-
pared for the Oneonta State Normal
School under the instruction of his
father, who had taught in schools near
Mt. Vision for many years. Beals was
graduated from the Oneonta State
Normal School in 1805 and taught for
one year at St. James, L.I., before en-
tering Harvard with the Class of 1900.
In College he was a faithful and suc-
cessful student. He won an Honorable
Mention in chemistry. After receiving
his degree cum laude with the Class, he
taught physics for two years at Wor-
cester Academy; then he returned to
Harvard for graduate work in physics,
and earned the degree of A.M. in 1903.



Digitized by



Google



1916.]



Newtjrom the Classes.



659



The next year he taught at the Har-
vard School for Boys at Loa Angeles,
Cal.; then for two years in the Los
Angeles State Normal School; and for
the following three years was Profes-
sor of Physics in Occidental C<^ege in
Los Angeles. While there he Was
diairman of the Laboratories Com-
mittee of the college and was sent on
npany journeys to visit the best science
laboratories of the country. In 1907
he traveled some 12,000 mHes in mak-
ing his investigations, and selected
equipment for the physics department
of his college, which made it the best
equipped college in the Southwest.
One summer he spent at the Univer-
sity of California. He also lectured on
wireless telegraphy at the Southern
California Academy of Science and at
Long Beach Chautauqua. As presi-
dent of a good government dub, he
was active in the successful effort to
clean up the city of Los Angeles and
recall the mayor. In 1900 he went to
Plainfield, N.J., where he taught for
two years and a half at the Plainfield
High School. From Plainfield he
moved to Newark, N.J. While he was
in Newark he was engaged to make
plans for both the physics and chemis-
try laboratories of a new h]|^ sdiool
building. He tau^t steadily in the
Barringer High School and to its wel-
fare he gave all his efforts until he died,
Oct. 17, 1915. His death, which was
due to asthma, occurred after an ill-
ness of but a few hours. He had been
for four years chairman of the Physics
Committee <^ the New Jersey State
Science Teachers' Association, and for
three years on the national committee
known as the Joint Committee on
Physics of the National Education
Association. In an effort to promote
the practical and improved teaching
of physics he wrote for several publi-



cations well known among physics
teachers throughout the country. He
was a thorough believer in the gospel
of work and entered into everything
he did with the greatest interest and
earnestness of spirit. In the last
Class Report he wrote of himself: " I
am tremendously interested in educa-
tion that touches life. For relaxation I
am reviewing manuscripts for pub-
lishers and playing golf." The respect
and affection that were his in the com-
munity where he lived are shown by
the notices in the Newark newspapers
which were published at the time of
his death. He had won distinction in
his branch <^ science and by his kind-
ness and sympathy toward his pupils,
in whose personal welfare he took deep
interest, had gained a very great num-
ber <^ friends. Besides his serious and
unsparing devotion to his profesnon
he always had time to give a bit of
personal help and advice to any one
who needed it. Occasionally he wrote
verses. The following are taken from
his notebook and were written Oct. 4,
1916:

NOT YET.

A boy is a man — not ytt.

A mom ia a day — not yet.

A day is a year — not yet;

Don't fret, not yet.

A thorn is a pain — not sret.
A bee is a stina — not yet.
A cloud is a storm — net yet;
Don't fret, not yet.

A bloom is a peach — not yet.
A tear is a cry — not yet.
A Ufe is a death — not yet;
Don't fret, not yet.

Among the organisations of which he
was a member are the following: Na-
tional Geographical Soc., American
Physical Soc., New Jersey Science
Teachers' Assoc., Schoolmen's Club,
Newark High School Men's Associa-
tion, Newark, Wednesday Club of
Newark, Physics Gub of New York.



Digitized by



Google



560



News from the Classes.



[March,



American Institute of Electric Engi-
neers. In 1902 he married Miss Fran-
ces Isabelle Everett, of Worcester,
who is now living with their young
daughter and son at Grafton.

1901.
H. B. Clabk. See.,
14 Wall St., New York, N.Y.
A. L. Sweetser is general manager of
the Lynnfield Chemical Company,
Lynnfield. — P. B. Haviland is now at
89 Ave. Garibaldi, Limoges, France.
— Jos6 Camprubi is now located at
29 Broadway, New York. — G. R.
Bedinger has charge of the Children's
Aid Society of Detroit, Mich. His
address is S3 Warren Ave., West. —
W. H. McGrath*s address is 860 Stew-
art Bldg., Seattle. Wash. — B. W.
Gray's address is 19 Congress St.,
Boston. — Referring to the death of
Albert Heminway Michelson, re-
ported in last issue, he was at the time
of his death American Consul at
Cologne, and had been designated by
Ambassador Gerard, with the appro-
val of the German Government, to
visit prisons where Englishmen were
confined. He died very suddenly of
pneumonia, after completing his ardu-
ous round of visits. His reports are
published in the English White Book
No,, 11, — Notice has just reached the
Secretary of the death of Maurice J.
Wall in September, 1914, but he has
been unable to get any particulars. —
Ferdinand Oden Horstmann, died
very suddenly in his apartment in
Washington from heart disease on
June 29, 1912, and was buried in
his old home, Philadelphia. Oden fol-
lowed no profession, his entire time
being devoted to golf. He was a very
fine player and was an annual com-
petitor to the National Amateur
Championships. At various times he



served as chairman of the golf com-
mittee and captain of the team of the
Chevy Chase Club, the largest coun-
try club in Washington. After his
death his sisters turned over $1000 to
the club for an annual golf cup known
as the F. Oden Horstmann memorial.
The contest is seventy-two holes
scratch medal play carrying with it
the dub championship. Horstmann
was a member of aU the prominent
clubs here. Metropolitan, Alibi, and
Chevy Chase, and of the Racquet and
Tennis Club, New York, and Racquet,
Philadelphia.

1902.
Babbitt Wendell, Jb., S«c.,

44 State St.. Boston.
G. O. Carpenter, Jr., has gone back
to the insurance business with W. H.
Markham & Co., 1222 Pierce Bldg.,
St. Louis. — H. K. Stockton, Jan. 1,
1916, was admitted to the law firm of
Haight, Sandford & Smith, of New
York. — J. O. Carson is with the
Mahin Advertising Co., Munroe Bldg.,
Chicago, 111. He is living at Hinsdale,
111. — Richard Lawrence is now con-
nected with the Paul Revere Trust Co.
Lawrence and J. A. L. Blake have
been appointed by Gov. McCall as
special aides with the rank of captain.
— C. T. Lovering, of Troop B, is also
one of the Governor's aides. — J. C.
Cobb, Jr., Jan. 1, 1916, formed a co-
partnership under the name of Cobb
& Co., 60 State St., Boston, to trans-
act a banking business. — C. W.
Faxon has become associated with the
firm of Lee, Higginson & Co., and is
representing them in Cleveland, O.
He was formerly with Hayden, Miller
& Co. — C. E. Jackson's present ad-
dress is 150 Rock Ave., Fall River. — •
Oscar Cooper has retired from the
practice of law and is now engaged in
raising cattle on a ranch in California.



Digitized by



Google



1916.]



News from the Clattet.



561



— D. C. Kinney is a forester, now liv-
ing in Upland, Cal. — Halstead Lind-
sey, who has his headquarters in Bos-
ton this year, is about to spend the
next few months in South America
examining some mines. — J. O. Low is
the head of the firm of Low, Dixon &
Co., Bankers, 37 Wall St., New York
City. — A. &. Morse has become asso-
ciated with the law firm of Ropes,
Gray, Boy den & Perkins (Jan. 1,
1016). He is at present living in West
Medford. — W. A. Saks's present
home address is 20 W. 68th St., New
York City. — Robert Sedgwick, Jr.,
is with Pease & Elliman, real-estate
brokers, 340 Madison Ave., New York
City. — E. E. Smith is transacting a
general banking business under the
firm name of Ernest E. Smith, Inc.,
with offices at 78 Devonshire St.,
Boston. — R. C. Southworth is in
business in Seattle, Wash., running
the Bon March* Store. — W. R. Spof-
ford, formerly with the Readers* Divi-
sion of the Public Library, New York
City, is now librarian of the Univer-
sity Club, 76 East Munroe St., Chi-
cago. — J. W. Stedman, formerly with
Clark, Dodge & Co. is now assistant
treasurer of the Prudential Life Ins.
Co. of America, in charge of the
purchasing of railroad bonds; offices
in Newark, N.J. — Russell Sturgis's
present address is 2143 Adelaide Ave.,
St. Louis. — A. L. Waldron is now a
teacher at the University School,
Cleveland, O. — Mail recently sent to
Abraham Solomon Waldstein, 1600
Bathgate Ave., New York City, was re-
turned. The Secretary would appreci-
ate notification of his present address.

— Frederick Wallace is associated
with the Fitchburg Power Co., Fitch-
burg. His home is at 52 School St. —
H. P. Williams is in the insurance
business at 120 Water St., Boston. —



C. H. WHson, of Davenport, la., an-
nounces his change of address to 201
Putnam Bldg. — H. J. Winslow's
home address is now 68 Fresh Pond
Parkway, Cambridge; business ad-
dress, 70 State St., Boston, and 631
Mass. Ave., Cambridge. — Alfred
Winsor, Jr., is still successfully coach-
ing the Harvard hockey team. — W.
B. Wood has changed his business
address from 50 Congress St., Boston,
to 18 Post-Office Sq., Boston.

1903.

RoGEB Ebnbt, See.,

Jamaica PlaixL

The Geographic Board of Canada
has given the name " Mount Cross "
to a beautiful peak near Mt. Alexan-
der Mackenzie in British Columbia,
in commemoration of the late C. R.
Cross, Jr., who had made explorations
in that region. — G. H. Fernald, Jr.,
has been appointed chief of the legal
department of the Boston & Albany
R.R. — Governor McCall has ap-
pointed Stanley R. Miller his private
secretary. — J. J. Mahoney has been
elected Principal of the State Normal
School, Lowell. — F. B. Riggs has
started, and is head master of, the
Riggs School, an agricultural school
for boys at Lakeville, Conn. — J. E.
Switzer's address is 158 Madison ^ve..
New York City. — D. D. Walton is
a member of the law firm of Briesen
& Schrenk, 25 Broad St., New York
City.

1904.

Patbon Dana, See,,

515 BarrJ8t«n' Hall, Boston.

D. W. Lincoln was elected a Repre-
sentative from the 22d Worcester Dis-
trict to the General Court of the Mas-
sachusetts Legislature on Nov. 2,
1915. — A successful dinner of the
New York men of the Class of 1904



Digitized by



Google



562



Ifewsjrom the CIobub^



[Marcfay



was bdd at the Harvard Club at New
York on Friday evening Jan. 7, 1919»
about 40 men from the Class being
present. Preston Davy acted as toasts
master. Walter E. Sacbs and Samuel
A. Weldon were the committee in
charge.

1905.
S. N. HiNCKLST, 8«e.»
85 Broad St., New York, N.T.
R. A. Pope has an article entitled
" The Economic Phase of City Plan-
ning *' in Town Devdopment for Aug*
ust; also one in the EnglUh Town
Planning Rgnew for Oct., entitled,
" Controlling Principles of Height of
Building Limitation for Great Cities.*'
— W. G. Perry has opened an office at
10 Congress St., Boston, for the gen-
ial practice of architecture. — A. C.
Burrill has the following artides in the
Journal of Eeonomie Eniomolo^ (vol.
8^ no. 6, 1015) : ** Sedentary Aphids »«.
Spread of Fire Blight " and ** English
Sparrows and Spread of San Josft
Scale." — A. R. Graustein has changed
his residence to Salem End Road,
Framingham Center. — A. L. Har-
wood, Jr., has removed his law offices
to the Newport Buflding, 08 Devon-
shire St., Boston. — Sidney Curtis,
who for nine years has been the busH
ness manager of the Hanard Alwmm
BulUUn and assistant secretary of the
Harvard Alumni Association, has re-
signed and become one of the execu-
tives of the Greenleaf Co., advertis-
ing and merchandising counselors, 185
Devonshire St., Boston. In connec-
tion with this change in his career I
beg to quote from an article appearing
in the Boston Globe of Jan. 3, 1016:



Online LibraryWilliam Richards Castle William Roscoe ThayerThe Harvard graduates' magazine → online text (page 76 of 103)